THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 21:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we have another fashion/clothing thread? Pretty please?  (Read 82548 times)

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: Can we have another fashion/clothing thread? Pretty please?
« Reply #300 on: 17 May 2014, 14:32 »

I used to have a pair of short shorts that made my butt look great. No idea what happened to them.

Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #301 on: 17 May 2014, 14:51 »

(click to show/hide)
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Metope

« Reply #302 on: 17 May 2014, 15:00 »

Haha, well that was what I was saying  :-P

I haven't really worn short shorts in a while, except with tights under. Dunno why, I think I just prefer skirts and dresses in summer nowadays.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #303 on: 18 May 2014, 08:36 »

WELL HEY ISN'T THAT ROCK FORMATION INTERESTING HUH GUYS?

Something like that, Gareth?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Metope

« Reply #304 on: 18 May 2014, 09:00 »

Or like "Why are you wearing shorts when there's snow on the ground?"

(It was in Sicily in summer, there's snow because it's mount Etna and apparently there's snow all year. It was hot out, no idea who those other people are so wrapped up.)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #305 on: 18 May 2014, 09:10 »

I was in Cambodia, in a temperature of 37C with high humidity, and even then there were still people wearing hoodies.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
« Reply #306 on: 21 May 2014, 07:57 »

I really enjoy short shorts with tights underneath, but if I'm wearing shorts because it's hot the tights are gone and the shorts' length is generally about the length of Neko's. Old Navy likes to call them "Bermuda Shorts" but that just makes me think of silly patterns. :-P
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #307 on: 22 May 2014, 22:21 »

Need advice!  I'm going to a wedding next week, and I've got this dress, and an option for black tights or these lacy printed tights.  Which should I wear, and how can I dress it up more?  I want to get a lacy tank in a contrasting color to wear under the dress (it's a bit low-cut anyway), but I was thinking about belt and sweater options, too.  I don't know what to do!  Most of my wardrobe is black, but I feel like it would be wrong to dress in all black for a wedding.

eta: seriously, most of the time, I don't wear anything but jeans and t-shirts.  A crash-course on walking in heels would be welcome, too.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2014, 22:28 by henri bemis »

Papersatan

« Reply #308 on: 22 May 2014, 22:44 »

I love those tights; Wear them.
My advice for heels is don't be pressured into wearing them/start with something low.
As far as dressing it up, a belt could work, or a 'statement Necklace'

Also I think a pop off color at the neck from a camisole round work (but if you do that keep any necklace subtle)
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #309 on: 23 May 2014, 04:27 »

Belt, possibly in white to contrast the tights if you go with the second option (which you totally should) and a light jacket worn open if it's an option, choose a slightly darker shade of a primary color you like, a rich blue was what first came to mind. Then a simple necklace. I know nothing about walking in heels for a variety of reasons.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #310 on: 23 May 2014, 07:12 »

With heels, as Kat said, definitely don't feel pressured into wearing them. If you do buy new ones, definitely go for something low, with a thicker heel, to prevent losing your balance. Wearing high heels that have tiny, thin sticks for heels takes practice for sure.

That said, my high heel revelation came when I realized that you don't have to walk differently - the idea is still to walk heel-toe, heel-toe. There will be a much smaller gap between placing your heel down and placing your toe down, but it is still, in essence, the same as walking in flats. Wear your heels around your home first. With no rush or worry about getting it right, hold onto something (or someone) and slowly walk heel-toe a couple times. You'll figure out just what angle to use, and then you can start walking alone.

It gets easier, I promise! I am far more in love with heels than I should be. I don't even wear them in public most of the time >_<
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

lepetitfromage

« Reply #311 on: 23 May 2014, 09:17 »

I love the lacy tights!!

Re: heels- a wedge could be a good place to start too. All the benefits of wearing heels and less of the teeter-tottery thing.

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #312 on: 24 May 2014, 23:48 »

Awesome, thanks everyone!  I think I'll go with the lacy tights, then (though I managed to put a small run in them right along the back seam while trying them on with the dress and dancing around like a fool, as I plan to at the actual wedding.  Now I have to figure out how to nail polish my own butt).  I'll go shopping this weekend, maybe even bring the dress with me to try on sweaters and jackets.

As for shoes, I already have a few pairs of heels that I'm considering.  I went on a shoe-shopping spree a few years ago, and I've just never really worn them because I don't go out much.  But this is all Special Occassion!y.  I've been practicing with them, but I don't know if my arches are just ridiculously high, or if almost all of my weight is supposed to be on the balls of my feet.  I've got a pair of cute satiny slippers that I'll probably bring along, though, to change into during the reception if it gets too much.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #313 on: 25 May 2014, 05:51 »

I had another bridesmaid dress fitting yesterday (and the dressmaker wants to do ANOTHER ONE! Which I am not going to, because fuck that, it takes me two days and costs £60 in train tickets and all she wants to do is see how long the skirt should be, and the bride is the same height as me so she's going to try it on instead) and the dress is shaping up to be pretty nice. Also I've got some shoes, and they're pretty and white and lacy. Almost entirely unsubstantial, I can't quite understand how you can justify charging £16 for shoes that are barely there.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #314 on: 25 May 2014, 10:33 »

Yeah, unless they've got mad padding/support and are stupid comfortable, I don't pay much for barely there shoes. Actually I don't like paying much for shoes at all, except I bit the bullet with running shoes because I like not being in pain.

henri, when I wear heels, I think all of my weight goes on the balls of my feet. As for color, I would definitely add bright pops of something in there. What color/s are your shoes? And are you going to take a purse of some kind?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #315 on: 25 May 2014, 10:42 »

Yeah, all your weight goes on the balls of your feet, that's why heels are so bad for you.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #316 on: 25 May 2014, 12:41 »

Today I lazed about while being a sexy referee.

I didn't leave the house much today but when I did I think a lot of people did not realise I had shorts on. They're barely poking out the bottom of the shirt in the photo, but the shirt is way too big on me so it usually totally hid them.
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2022, 13:03 by Welu »

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #317 on: 28 May 2014, 19:30 »

You could totally wear that shirt as a dress. Or just by itself cause you wanna. You look cute in it. And it took me a second to see the pattern to your tights, also cute!

So I have finally bought myself a pencil skirt. Which means I can now, officially, rock the "sexy secretary" look. Spectator heels and all. I even have fake glasses around somewhere.

what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #318 on: 28 May 2014, 20:27 »

Yay, that pencil skirt looks awesome!

henri, make sure that your shoes actually fit right if you wear heels. If they're too big and you're constantly walking out of them, or even just a little too big and you're worrying about it, it's going to be that much harder to walk like a coordinated person. Too small and your toes will get pinched and numb on top of everything else.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #319 on: 28 May 2014, 21:01 »

Today I meet the Commandant of the USMC.
but it's Hawaiian shirt day...  so I'm wearing this (with tan flowers) with khaki Dockers.

Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #320 on: 29 May 2014, 02:22 »

I'm astounded! A tasteful Hawaiian shirt!
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #321 on: 29 May 2014, 04:32 »

Neko, that skirt looks amazing on you. Dem hips and dem legs, omg. 

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #322 on: 29 May 2014, 04:46 »

Today I meet the Commandant of the USMC.
but it's Hawaiian shirt day...  so I'm wearing this (with tan flowers) with khaki Dockers.

Kick Amos between the uprights for me?
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #323 on: 29 May 2014, 06:09 »

Neko, that skirt looks amazing on you. Dem hips and dem legs, omg.

Thank you! Also my ass is kind of ridiculous in this skirt. Like. It's already ridiculous and then the skirt and oh man. Now if I can just get up the nerve to wear it in public...

Grognard

« Reply #324 on: 29 May 2014, 06:39 »

....and my shirt was still wet this AM.
so I'm wearing a tasteful plain polo shirt.

and no. I'm not assaulting the Commandant.
1. it's my job
2. surrounded by jarheads here.
3. when did he spit in your beer?
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

lepetitfromage

« Reply #325 on: 29 May 2014, 07:20 »

Also my ass is kind of ridiculous in this skirt.

Yeahhh, I was surprised no one else mentioned that. Your ass looks amazing in that skirt! Wear it ALL THE TIME.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #326 on: 29 May 2014, 07:34 »

:-D

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #327 on: 29 May 2014, 09:59 »

....and my shirt was still wet this AM.
so I'm wearing a tasteful plain polo shirt.

and no. I'm not assaulting the Commandant.
1. it's my job
2. surrounded by jarheads here.
3. when did he spit in your beer?

Have you SEEN what he's been doing to the Corps? Even I think he's a goddamn wing wiper wimp and I'M a wing wiper too!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #328 on: 06 Jun 2014, 11:41 »

To the curvy ladies of the forum - I need assistance finding a bathing suit within the next week because my husband seems to have accidentally thrown mine away. (And we're leaving for Florida in a week, so preferably no online only places.) Where do you go to shop? The last one I ordered was one of those Esther Williams suits from Modcloth. I really liked the silhouette and the vintage feel, but there was no support whatsoever and I really need it.

I'm looking for something good quality, but not something stupid expensive (preferably under $100).

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #329 on: 06 Jun 2014, 12:31 »

Torrid and Lane Bryant both have some really nice looking bathingsuits, but I've never tried them on, so I don't know about the quality.

Also look what I have

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #330 on: 06 Jun 2014, 14:42 »

Yeah, those were two places I was going to hit up this weekend. Someone at work suggested a store called Everything But Water, but I saw the prices and gagged.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #331 on: 06 Jun 2014, 22:29 »

Yeah there's one of those in the mall near me, in the "fancy" part. Looks far too fancy for me.

Metope

« Reply #332 on: 07 Jun 2014, 05:06 »

I love that dress! So summery and happy, you look great in in.

Papersatan

« Reply #333 on: 07 Jun 2014, 10:03 »

I got my bathing suit from Lane Bryant.  It was not cheap, but I guess these things were relative.  I paid over $100 for it, but I love, love, love it. 
It's lasted a few years, but I think I need a new one soon. :/
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #334 on: 07 Jun 2014, 16:37 »

I went to Lane Bryant, Torrid, Macy's, TJ Maxx, and Target. NOTHING. I found one I liked at Macy's that fit, but had no support, and was $120. Torrid had next to nothing. Lane Bryant, for the stupidest reason possible, had the equivalent of a B or C cup sewn into most of their bathing suits. So everything was great! Except my boobs were too big for the suits...that are geared for women with larger bodies/breasts. I tried on one of their DDD cup tankinis and I got stuck and it was literally painful to get out of because the support strap was so tight. And I found one I liked at Target, fit my chest great, but the torso was way too short. My best friend went with me, who is more slender, shorter, but still has a larger cup size also had no luck.

And this is why I hate shopping for bathing suits.

I'm going to order online from either Modcloth (and get the exact same style as my last suit) or order something similar from Land's End, because they have some suits that are long AND plus sized. I'm thinking one of the following:

Modcloth:

Bathing Beauty in Black

Coupe of Tea Nautical Dots

Land's End:

Beach Living Bandeau Top (and I'd get some matching bottoms)

Tunic One Piece in Purple

lepetitfromage

« Reply #335 on: 07 Jun 2014, 20:59 »

I bought one similar to the first one you posted at Wal-Mart (of all places). I feel like I've raved about it here before. I loved it so much that I bought it in 3 different colors. It's by Catalina and only $35! I think they carried it in everything from an extra small to a 4xl. It's supportive too! I'm a 38DDD and never feel like I'm going to fall out.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #336 on: 08 Jun 2014, 07:42 »

I remembered that and they do still have them... But... I just can't give Walmart money.

Mlle Germain

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #337 on: 08 Jun 2014, 08:02 »

I like the one with the dots and the one with the floral pattern! Very pretty!

lepetitfromage

« Reply #338 on: 09 Jun 2014, 07:11 »

Eh, fair enough. It pains me to do so, but I estimate that I give them less than $75 a year. They are generally a last resort for me.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #339 on: 09 Jun 2014, 15:38 »

Went to a different Dillard's (the one in the mall for rich people) and actually found a suit! Yay! I bought two tankini tops and a pair of bottoms. I'll have to take a photo later, as they aren't on their website, but one is a strapless/convertable top and the other is a halter. Booyah! Don't have to order online now!

Grognard

« Reply #340 on: 09 Jun 2014, 16:57 »

my wife recommends either KOHLS or JCPenny.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #341 on: 12 Jun 2014, 14:12 »

I'm overheating so I'm wearing an ankle length skirt as a dress. It's very poofy.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #342 on: 01 Jul 2014, 14:23 »

Fashionable people! What shoes could I wear with thus dress that aren't white? And what about tights/stockings that aren't white or flesh tone?

http://www.dominodollhouse.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=936

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #343 on: 01 Jul 2014, 14:30 »

Link is 404ing.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #344 on: 01 Jul 2014, 15:06 »

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #345 on: 01 Jul 2014, 15:24 »

Such a pretty dress! My instinct would be dark purple shoes and/or tights and maybe match dark purple accessories. I like purple a lot.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #346 on: 01 Jul 2014, 17:14 »

That is a pretty dress! I concur with Welu on the rest too, except that I think purple tights might be a bit too "heavy", though that would depend a lot on how sheer they were.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Metope

« Reply #347 on: 02 Jul 2014, 03:10 »

I'd do lots of other funky colours. Why stick to just one? There is something with purple, I don't know what it is, but people who wear purple tend to wear a LOT of purple. Never seen this with any other colour, is it a thing? Anyway, I'd go for orange and/or turquoise accessories, lots of purple just gets a bit too matchy-matchy in most cases IMO.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #348 on: 02 Jul 2014, 16:05 »

You could pair it with robin's egg blue, teal, yellows or gold, darker blues, black, silver or greys, any shade of green... The possibilities are endless, really. Personally I would avoid reds or oranges, but that's because I hate them with purple. And pink because...meh.

Personally I'd go with a robin's egg blue/turquoise because lavender and turquoise is a very pretty combination.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #349 on: 02 Jul 2014, 16:18 »

You guys are very right. I am not generally a colorful person... so I dunno if I'll do anything except black or grey. But I bought the dress, and a black petticoat to go underneath it :D I also have a white petticoat if I want to mix things up. I'm excited!

Now I have to find colorful lingerie. My master wants me to wear something not black or grey but uh... that's basically all I have.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up