THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we have another fashion/clothing thread? Pretty please?  (Read 80562 times)

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

I searched for one and tried to necro the first thread but it's locked now. The underpants thread makes me happy and I want to see other new and fancy things to wear. Plus, I need help picking out a swimsuit and needed to share the beauty that is a sexy vintage style suit on clearance for $20. :-P

I want this! I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in another thread at one point. I bought it after that in black and white polka dot and I caved and bought another in the cherry print, but now it's only $20! And I have no self control. What color do I buy??? I want them ALL.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

If polka dot patterns are what I think they are, I really love them. Like seriously, they are super hot. I keep trying to get my lady friends to wear polka dot patterns.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

Polka dot.

And little cheese, that is adorable! I say go for a solid color since you already have two prints. You have to have one for every occasion, right? :D

I haven't owned a bathing suit in uh... probably 10 years or so? On the rare occasions I do go swimming, I usually just wear board shorts, a sports bra, and a t-shirt.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker

I haven't bought new clothes in ages. Can't afford any. Although I got my parents to pay for some new jeans a few months ago. But probably only because all my other pants had holes which were getting larger and larger. :-D

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Could've pretended to be a punk?
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Zingoleb

i put my hair into a fauxhawk like a week and a half ago and haven't washed or combed it since and it's just kind of stuck in permanent bedhead fauxhawk mode now

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker

Could've pretended to be a punk?
Hell no. I'll go goth before I go punk. And I hate the goth look. (No offense intended, just my personal opinion)

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

But goth is awweeesssoooome

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

vintage-y polka dots are awweeesssoooome
LPF - I second the "get a solid color because you already have patterns" though the anchors are super cute too.
I got this bikini and I loooooove it. It has underwires!!! :-o
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl

I'm actually thinking about improving my style. Right now all I wear (and own, except for my suit) are T-Shirts and Jeans. I'm contemplating buying a little better everyday clothing. Actually what I have in mind goes in the direction of Wil (in the comic). A light sport coat/blazer and shirts, maybe a sweater vest for cold days. Some better trousers for that as well. The real "Wil" style is something I will never achieve, I'm just not as slim as him, but I think something in that direction would suit me.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Ankh, that would be adorable. You will have to take pictures.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

This idea has a drawback though. Expensive clothes are expensive…

I had something like this in mind: German shop
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

Sweater vests are hideous, don't give in to the temptations Ankh!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

I thought you supported the right to bare arms? :-D
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker

No. 10 Minutes in the corner for that pun.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

I support the right to arm bears.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Oh my god, what an influx of bad puns have I started by a thoughtless statement…

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

is it bad that I want this jacket?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

It's bad and you should feel bad.

Ignore them, ankh. You just have to get a sweater vest that works for you.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch

I'm thinking I need to go get a makeover before I go back to school. Finally get glasses, ear piercing, maybe dye my hair.

I definitely need to get new clothes. Pants and non t-shirts things especially. Luckily, I know a place that's supposed to be affordable and decent back in my college town.
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

GarandMarine

• Awakened

I thought you supported the right to bare arms? :-D

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

German shop

It would certainly be easier if I could read any of it. But I approve of their swimming shorts and underpants. Yum.

Anyway, I think a lot of the plaid button-downs would be nice and semi-casual. If you want to give up t-shirts but still get something fairly simple, go for a wardrobe of button-downs. You can wear them with jeans as well.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Sweater vests are hideous, don't give in to the temptations Ankh!

It is weird how you can be so wrong sometimes.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Nikolai

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • H-Hello? Is this thing on?

(click to show/hide)

DO WANT. I would totally rock that for a biking jacket.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I don't think shirts need to be button down to be casual. Most modern patterned shirts should be casual enough. Somehow I don't like the look of button downs.

Re: sweater vests
I think they are alright for their intended purpose, which is wearing them under a sport jacket. Wearing a sweater vest without a jacket of any kind doesn't look too good imho.

That website gave me cancer.

Their website is hideous indeed, but they have a good collection.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

I wouldn't recommend a non purpose built jacket for motorcycle riding... though thinking about it, if you know what you're doing and have access to either high quality carbon fiber, very durable plastic, or even metal, up armoring an N7 jacket (with matching paint job of course!) has the potential for incredible awesome. For a slightly extreme example, marrying this armored motocross piece: http://motorbikegear.blogspot.com/2009/07/motocross-armored-jacket-back-body.html to the N7 jacket with appropriate paint job AND of course LED lighting (makes you more visible AND looks awesome)

Then again I'm the type of guy who believes if you're riding an organ donor special, you need to wear solid gear all the time. I've visited too many guys in the hospital who looked like something you'd see in a meat locker because they were riding stupid to do otherwise. Paranoid? Maybe, but my body is broke enough as it is without adding more serious damage.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

[Putin riding a bear]

The picture in the background is called Morning in a pine forest.
Thank you for subscribing to Russian facts.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker

is it bad that I want this jacket?
Not at all. Mass Effect rocks.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

button-downs

I just realized there might have been a misunderstanding. When you referred to "button down shirts", do you mean the typical button front shirt, or really a shirt with a button down collar?
I'm barely fluent with all these words in German, so in English I'm pretty much lost. And now I've read something where they referred to a normal shirt with a spread collar as "button down", so I googled a bit and an article popped up about many people misusing the term "button down" in English. So what kind of shirt did you mean? Any shirt with buttons in the front, or shirts which have a collar you can button down like this:

(click to show/hide)

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

The actual term for the shirt you posted is a button-down, but colloquially most Americans call any shirts with buttons all the way down the front button-downs. And that's what I meant as well, like this:

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Yeah, that's what I meant with button-front shirt. Anyway, that's also what I had in mind.

Papersatan

Imma put this here, cause I think some of you might be interested, even though it is a little spammy. 

The place I buy my cute dresses has a referral program thing right now where I can send you a coupon for $40 off a $55 purchase (and I get a $30 gift card).  This is better than their usual new customer discount ($25), and the whole site is 30% off right now, so it is possible to get one of the $70 dresses, custom sized, for only $15.   If anyone is interested, PM me and I can give you the code.

They come size 0-32  or can be custom sized a little beyond that range.  I've posted a few picks here of me in mine and I can't lie, I love them.  Particularly for anyone else who is a size or shape that is hard to shop for, I really recommend this place.

Edit:  I should tell you the place too, huh?  Eshakti.com
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Normally, if I saw a post like this on a forum, I'd ask the bot when he suspects the singularity would arrive.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

I think Eshakti.com advertises on the comic page.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Now to decide what dress I want!

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

I thought you had no money?

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

...shut up ;_;

I have credit cards and no self control.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

I thought you had shredded those.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Ah, I have lots of credit cards. And I think we can take this discussion of my terrible choices in personal finance to a private chat, thanks >.<

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

When you referred to "button down shirts", do you mean the typical button front shirt, or really a shirt with a button down collar?

In England I do not expect to hear the term "button-down shirt" or "button-down" at all.  A shirt is a shirt, and it may (or preferably will not) have a button-down collar.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.

If you like corsets, the corsets from http://www.corsetdeal.com/ are very well made for the price, and the current clearance deal (only for USA, unfortunately) is fantastic.

Lines

• Awakened

I'm going to second Kat and say that eshakti.com is pretty awesome. I've got three dresses from there that I love. Also pretty much all of their dresses have POCKETS.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

lepetitfromage

Yessss, I've been wanting a dress from eshakti forever (and even more so after you posted that awesome dress with the pink stripes, Kat). YAY.

Also, I ended up with the red one. :-) I was so tempted by the anchors but a solid was the way to go. Thanks!! For anyone considering it, it really is like, a miracle suit. It feels so old Hollywood glam.

Bain- I love that!!! I like this one too. My goodness, so many pretty things...and so many with underwires! YAY AGAIN.

Ankh- I think that style would suit you well! Not too dressed up and stuffy but just the right amount of sophistication. :-) I've always been a fan of the blazer with jeans look too. For a look like that, corduroy is your friend. Plus, it has the added bonus of being fuzzy.

And Neko- yeah, that self control thing is a bitch. But yeah, I'm going for it anyway. Because fifteen dollars.

Lines

• Awakened

Old Hollywood glam bathing suits are the best, which is why I love my green one so much. (It's very similar in style to the ones you bought, petit.) I feel pretty, but also don't feel too exposed, which is a great combination when wearing a bathing suit!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

lepetitfromage

I've been really into that style in general lately, it just makes me feel so good about myself! I've always been able to rock red lips but in a cute vintagey feeling outfit, the red makes more sense. Plus, high waisted things are fabulous. The silhouettes are so flattering and I just feel so ladylike and sexy without feeling like I've gone overboard. Another nice thing is that there is very little effort involved but it looks like I've put a lot into it.

I've experimented so much with different looks and this one just feels right. I mean, obviously I'll never give up on my ripped-to-shreds-paint-stained jeans and/or lazy hippie days but I enjoy this look tremendously.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I got these:

http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL0025769/Retro-poplin-shirtdress

http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL0026766/Embroidered%20bib%20cotton%20tunic

But now I see this dress and I want it SO BAD but I also so totally don't need any more purple stuff.

http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL0027657/Scallop-trim-surplice-dress

This is what I get for not checking the sale section. I just assumed it would show up when I looked at all the dresses! I am dumb.

Papersatan

That is my one complaint about the site, the organization is not great.  I feel like it is hard to know that you have seen all the options, and it is hard to find a specific thing. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

GarandMarine

• Awakened

What's the general consensus on man bags? I saw a ton of them in use in Japan, and apparently they're popular in Korea as well
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up