THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we have another fashion/clothing thread? Pretty please?  (Read 80597 times)

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
Re: Can we have another fashion/clothing thread? Pretty please?
« Reply #100 on: 19 Aug 2013, 06:16 »

Just based on how it would look with the accessories, I'd go with the Hailey. The others all have detailing around the waist and/or neckline and I think that if you plan on doing both the cardigan and the sash, some of the dress details might make it all look too busy. The Virginia is a close second for me though- sooooo cute!
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #101 on: 20 Aug 2013, 18:54 »

RED!

So much better in red.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #102 on: 28 Aug 2013, 11:00 »

Alright gang. I start university in two and a half weeks. My current wardrobe is made up of hand-me-down or worn-out t-shirts, thrift store skirts with holes in them, and one dress. I look like a child in almost everything I own. At some point in the first year of my degree I will be going on community placements, and I think we wear our own clothes for those. I need not to look like a child when visiting women who I am caring for during pregnancy - it doesn't inspire confidence.

I'm going shopping with my mother on Saturday. I think between us we can probably afford to spend about £200. I don't want to buy three items for that, I need an entire wardrobe (I could actually do with new underwear as well - I have had most of the pants I wear for at least three years, some for more than that, and they're getting holes in them and turning funny colours - but no one will see my underwear at work so that's ok).

I'm not talking formal office wear, just the smarter end of everyday clothes. I don't wear trousers, I'm quite short and I have large breasts and a reasonably hour-glass figure. What should I be looking for? What items, what styles, what colours even?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #103 on: 28 Aug 2013, 11:12 »

I will totally try to help you out with photos and stuff when I get home and am not on my phone!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #104 on: 28 Aug 2013, 11:26 »

I think part of the problem is that I quite literally have one item of clothing that I think I look nice in, and everything else just looks somewhere between not great to awful. So I can't even base it on what I know suits me, because I haven't found anything that suits me. The one thing I do like is this beautiful dress; the shape is very flattering, but I can't wear prom dresses all the time.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Papersatan

« Reply #105 on: 28 Aug 2013, 12:14 »

I have been facing a similar problem as I try to build a more professional wardrobe which looks nice on me and is comfortable.  Here is my advice based on my last year of shopping.

First pick a neutral: black, navy, tan, cream, grey
Pick the one you think looks best on you, and perhaps which matches somethings you already own (shoes, belts, tops...)
Once you have a base neutral you can reject items which will not look nice with that color so that your separates are easier to mix and match.

Buy a skirt, a top, a cardigan or two and/or blazer in that color.  You may want to get two skirts, in different styles/lengths, or even a dress if you can find one.  These items make a good base to build the rest of your wardrobe from. 

Once you have these things, adding pieces is easier, as long as you limit yourself to things that match.  If you buy a patterned skirt, you will know you have a solid top that will go, you will know you have a cardigan to go with a sleeveless dress, a solid skirt to go with a patterned top...  and the solid pieces are easy to re wear without people noticing,

Styles of items:

Skirts.
I always picture you in full skirts, do you wear tighter ones too?  If so I would say one full skirt and one a-line or even a pencil skirt. If you are comfortable with the silhouette, a high-waisted pencil skirt usually looks good on an hour glass figure. 

Cardigan/blazer:
I recommend making the cardigan the best quality you can afford.  I find mine are the best way to tie an outfit together, to cover something sleeveless, to turn summer clothes to winter clothes etc, so you want it to look great and wear well.  Make sure it fits well, but is not too large. You want to be able to wear it buttoned or unbuttoned, but if it is too big it will look frumpy and not professional.   The same goes if you opt for a blazer. Something simple that fits well.

Tops:
Tops are the hardest I think. I know that you like to dress more modestly than I do, and I know even I have trouble finding tops that cover me well.  My standard top right now is a lace topped camisole like this:

it has adjustable straps, so there is some control over cleavage, and I wear them with cardigans, and sometimes under a dress that is low cut.  These can be pricey (in my size anyways) but if you keep an eye out on clearance racks you can probably find something similar at a good price.  I also grab for nice looking tank tops this time of year, again to wear under a cardigan.  You can get these in any color or pattern that will go with your base neutral.

As far as button down tops, it's hard to find ones which wont gape at the breasts.  My solution to this is to sew them shut.  If you try on a top you like and it gapes when you move (but stays shut if you are still), you can blind stitch the placket and just put it on over your head.  (Do you or someone you know sew, this is an easy job).

Dresses:
That dress you linked is lovely.  I would say it is actually suitable, with a cardigan over it, to look pulled together and adult, but not too fancy.  That is definitely a style that would flatter your figure.   

Let me know what you think.  And I would be happy to adjust based on your feedback (and to start prowling online shopping sites for you!)
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

lepetitfromage

« Reply #106 on: 28 Aug 2013, 12:28 »

You can't wear typical prom dresses every day, but a dress like that? You could make that work! That silhouette is so classic- and you can dress it up or down, depending on what you're doing. A nice pair of ballet flats and a cardigan would be adorable  :-)

I had a nice, long response typed up and then my stupid browser crashed, but I'll try to replicate what I had as best I can.

To make your money go as far as you can, try to look for things that you can mix and match- neutral colors like black, brown, tan and even navy can go with basically anything. Even a nice, just-above-the-knee denim skirt could be cute and just hit that sweet spot between smart and formal.

I also like to find a few key pieces that are multicolored, so that if I'm feeling lazy about putting effort in, I can just grab that piece, pick a color in it and coordinate. I am NOT a morning person, so the easier it is to get dressed, the better.

Cardigans are a great way to make any outfit instantly look nicer. I can never button mine without fear that all the buttons will pop open, but I like to do a nice camisole with a cardigan over it, opened. Still professional because shoulders are covered, but no fear of buttons.

As far as other professional looking tops for us busty ladies- wrap tops are a good bet. If it's too low cut, a cami underneath makes it more appropriate. Clearance racks are awesome for tanks/camis :-)

Also- never underestimate the power of accessories. They are a fun and cheap way to instantly look more "put together". Scarves are the best :-)

*red text*

Darnit Kat, you beat me. :-P Posting anyway!

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #107 on: 28 Aug 2013, 12:51 »

May, do you have any morals about Primani? You may be able to get a decent wardrobe for that much money. Or H&M, Uniqlo, etc. They tend to cater for younger crowds but do have appropriate work-wear!

I guess you can't really go wrong with shirts. But I may eject myself from this conversation right now as I am in no way capable of telling you how to dress. But congratulations on starting a new degree!

Anybody else hate jeans shopping as much as I do? (I hate wasting an entire day finding no good jeans. Skinny and button fly? Fuck off!)

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #108 on: 28 Aug 2013, 14:41 »

May, I definitely agree with everything Kat said. She's pretty spot on the money. Personally, I am a huge fan of grey as a go to neutral (especially darker heathered greys) because it also goes with other neutrals easily and black because pretty much everyone and every body type looks good in black.

Dresses: I would try to find a dress or two that is solid and in a color you really like. I would try to find something that has a defined waist, because it highlights your figure and keeps you from looking frumpy, which is easy to do when you have a larger bust. I would also try to find something that borders casual and dressy, because depending on how you accessorize it, it can go either way. Something like one of these: shirt dress, belted dress, basic scoop neck dress, dress with waist detail. Throw a cardigan and flats on for casual, add some nice jewelry and fancier shoes for going out.

Skirts: I've only ever seen you in fuller and A-line skirts and I think the shape works for you. To draw attention away from your bust, you can get skirts that have more of an overall pattern or a solid (maybe one or two of each?) and I would stick with knee length (or slightly above or below) and stay away from mid-calf maxi length, because I feel like long skirts make shorter people look even shorter. So things like these I think would work really well: stripes, flowy with bow belt, polkadot circle skirt, bigger floral print, smaller floral print. Again, these can be dressed up or down depending on what kind of top, shoes, and accessories you wear with them.

Shirts: This is a little more difficult. I've never had good luck in finding buttoned shirts, but if you can find a pretty buttoned blouse that fits, especially a white one, invest in it. I also wear a lot of solid knit tops, basically nicer looking t-shirts and long sleeved shirts, and they suit me well. They're comfortable and you don't have to worry about fit too much because they stretch. I go with solids because then I can wear them with prints if I feel like. I would avoid striped shirts and shirts with larger print, because they draw a lot of attention to the bust. Since I know you're modest, I would stick with crew or boatneck cuts or anything that is adjustable, like the cami Kat pictured.

Also, you mentioned wanting to know about color and I think THIS could help you out a lot. Your complexion, from what I can remember, seems to be what this lady calls Cool & Delicate: Light Summer and she's got a whole color palette there that you can jump off from, including neutrals. I would definitely check this out!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #109 on: 28 Aug 2013, 15:26 »

Thank you so much to all of you. A couple of specific responses, but I'm taking on board everything that has been said, it's really helpful.

The dress I linked to is very prom-dressy, because it has underskirting and lace that makes the skirt stick out and have a very bell-like shape. It's just a bit too formal to wear every day, but it's the perfect shape so I'm on the lookout for more like it. The downside is that it cost £70, and I simply can't afford to buy clothes that cost that much per item.

I don't wear tight skirts, partly for modesty reasons but more for practicality - you can't cycle in the damn things! If I can't run, climb trees, squat on the floor to play with a toddler and cycle, then it doesn't work for me. I do need to stop wearing mid-calf skirts though, just touching the knee or slightly above is the right length for my height even if I have a hangup about showing my knees being immodest (I actually think it's worse to wear badly-fitting clothes and stand out that way than to wear well-fitting clothes and not get people staring trying to work out what's wrong, so I need to get over that).

I'm not comfortable with Primark's ethical record, but I'm not delusional, no company is perfect. My problem with shops like that is the lack of quality. I've spent the last ten years buying cheap clothes that wear out after six months and then wearing them for three years or more. I want to buy decent stuff now, because that is what adults do. It's just getting up the courage to pay all that money for clothes! Clothes are really not essential in my life.

I think my list is currently: good-quality navy blue cardigan, possibly another one in maroon or dark red or whatever that colour is called, navy blue skirt that falls to just around the knee, cream or white blouse, tank tops in the colours from the colour pallette Linds linked and if possible, a dress in a similar shape to that prom dress. Now I have to figure out where on earth to find those things without my bank account bursting into flames.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #110 on: 29 Aug 2013, 11:34 »

H&M is a great place to start, I think, for basics, and the occasional "statement" piece. They have a lot of cardigans now (at least in the US), and they seem very nice - not super fancy, of course, but decent.

I think the thing you have to wrap your head around is that if you want pieces that will last a long time, you just need to spend the money on them. Thrift stores are a good way around this, to an extent. But nice things will have a bigger price tag, unless you find a good sale. Maybe a good compromise is to buy one or two high quality pieces (say a cardigan and a skirt), and get the rest at a cheaper price. Then you can slowly get nice pieces over the next 6 months or something, so the cost is spread out.

I am still having issues myself with realizing that, in general, more money spent means better quality. For me this is more of a problem with body jewelry, but it's the same idea across the board.

Also! Maybe look into a clothing exchange group/club in your area?
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #111 on: 29 Aug 2013, 12:08 »

You're absolutely right, I do need to accept that good quality costs money. The issue is that I just can't stand spending money on clothes, any amount. You suggest spreading the cost out over six months - the chances of me buying clothes again in the next six months are slim to nil. I buy clothes once a year, if that. I despise shopping for clothes. I just need to bite the bullet and do it! I have the money, my grandmother just gave me some money to cover the cost of things I need for university. Sack up, May. Buy decent clothes and stop whining.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #112 on: 29 Aug 2013, 12:20 »

Maybe make plans every three months to go get one nice item that is high quality and you love?
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Papersatan

« Reply #113 on: 29 Aug 2013, 12:22 »

I made a commitment last year to only buy clothing I loved.  I will pay more for it, and as I result I have less to wear, but it has been worth it.  I do think it means I have to shop more often, but I do a lot of that shopping online, it also means that I can quickly walk through stores and nope, nope, nope everything and be done, instead of trying things on and deciding if it's worth it because it is so cheap, or well I guess I need a top, so I have to find one.  I have more than 5 outfits, so everything else is unnecessary, so I make sure I love it.  It's actually been great, I have two dresses that I usually end up wearing more than once a week, but I get complemented on how I look now so often, that it reinforces that it's quality, not quantity. 

May, if you are comfortable telling us (or me in PM I guess) what sizes do you wear?  (I want to poke around the Internets and look for things)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #114 on: 29 Aug 2013, 12:26 »

I do want to only buy things I love. I need to say this to my mum before we go, actually, because we are absolutely terrible at shopping for clothes together. We almost always buy things that we both hate, out of frustration.

I'd be quite happy to tell you what size I wear, if I knew! Anything between a 10 and a 16, depending on the garment and the shop. It is ridiculous. More useful would be actual measurements: 39" bust and hips, 32" waist. I'm about 5'3 tall, so things are usually too long.

lepetitfromage

« Reply #115 on: 29 Aug 2013, 12:43 »

I'll help too! :-) I adore shopping and have no money at the moment, so this is perfect lol

I think it's a good idea to have a chat with mum about what you're looking for too. If you go with an idea in mind, you'll definitely have better luck than going in blindly.

Linds. That polka dot skirt! I want it so much.

Lupercal: Jeans shopping stinks! I have really muscular legs but no butt or hips and some extra weight around my middle. If they fit in the leg, they are large everywhere else. If they fit my butt and hips, I end up with the ever popular "muffin top". If they fit in the waist, they fall off my ass. The last pair of jeans I bought fit perfect in the legs but gave me a diaper butt.  :x

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #116 on: 29 Aug 2013, 12:46 »

May, another thing you'll want to consider, because you are on the shorter and bustier side, is tailoring. Of course you don't want to have to get everything you buy tailored, but if you find the perfect skirt and it's a bit too long, take it to get shortened! You can do button-down shirts the same way: buy ones that fit your chest, and get the lower half tailored. This will get you a wardrobe that fits you perfectly.

lepetitfromage

« Reply #117 on: 29 Aug 2013, 12:51 »

One more tip: Don't bother looking at www.missguided.co.uk.*  :psyduck:

I am unfamiliar with online stores that ship to you, so I did some Googling.

Google, for once....you did me wrong.

*I'm fairly certain that a few of their skirts are in fact, made with tin foil.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #118 on: 29 Aug 2013, 12:51 »

I have had dresses taken up but I've never thought of getting skirts shortened. Good point!

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #119 on: 29 Aug 2013, 13:28 »

Another thing I thought of is that if there's a US store you like that doesn't ship to you, I'm sure someone here (including myself) would be willing to have it shipped to them and send it on to you. So you have a ton of options online. Since you have your measurements, you can always call/e-mail and ask about the exact measurements of clothing you can buy online. Returns would be a bit tricky but still possible.

I kind of want to do a wardrobe overhaul myself. Nothing I have fits me properly, but I'm really hoping I go back to my usual weight (about 20 lbs less than I am now) and can fit everything well again soon. But that's not a very good reason to continue to wear stuff that doesn't look good on me.

lepetitfromage

« Reply #120 on: 29 Aug 2013, 13:29 »

I found a cute navy skirt :-) ASOS seems to be hit or miss but when it's good, it's really good.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #121 on: 29 Aug 2013, 13:44 »

Plus-sized peoples: http://www.kiyonna.com/ has freaking gorgeous dresses and many even have longer sleeves - something I prefer, as I don't like my arms. How beautiful is this?!

Also I think I've found my wedding dress and I'm not even engaged...

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #122 on: 29 Aug 2013, 14:00 »

May, I would totally ship overseas for you if you wanted something from a US store.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #123 on: 29 Aug 2013, 14:54 »

Awesome, thank you!

Sadly that ASOS skirt, which is lovely, is only available in Plus sizes - the smallest is four sizes too big for me :( They don't do any in smaller sizes, the only vaguely similar one isn't half as nice.

Papersatan

« Reply #124 on: 29 Aug 2013, 15:10 »

A few things

I found this in the clearance of Boohoo.com:

It's on sale for 12 and it looks like it has free shipping.  I know it looks short, but since you don't have giraffe legs like that model, it might work, depending on how hight your waist is.  (it is 44 cm long) (it also looks like there is a free shipping promotion)

Oasis has a nice navy cardigan and a dress that I know is out of your budget, but is lovely.

Marks and Spencer :
navy skirt It's almost sold out and is only 10 pounds, buuut it's crepe, which is a a texture I don't like, but if you do...

Debenhems:
Black and floral skirt and coral and cream skirt

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #125 on: 29 Aug 2013, 15:19 »

I'm definitely going to go to M&S, so I'll see if they have any of that skirt in the shop (I'd like to try it on, since I'm not completely certain the shape would suit me). The Boohoo skirt is lovely but I think it'd be too big, I'm usually a 10 in skirts (why don't they put waist size?!) and they only have 14. But I hadn't heard of that website, so I'll hunt around on it.

With the Oasis cardigan, I always assume that that shape of cardigan would emphasise my bust when fastened, and hang weirdly if left open. Am I wrong?

Ohh, just checked the sizing guide on boohoo.com and apparently I would be a size 14 in their skirts. Part of me is pleased, since they have size 14 in several of the skirts I like, but another part of me is pissed off: how can I be a size 10 in one shop and a size 14 in another?!

lepetitfromage

« Reply #126 on: 29 Aug 2013, 15:26 »

I like cardigans in that shape, I find that they don't typically hang weird. I would avoid the "boyfriend" style cardigan if I were you, only for the simple fact that they tend to be long and can look frumpy.

Boo to that ASOS skirt!! I could have sworn I saw it in a 14. Oh well.

The size discrepancy is so frustrating....it sucks but is SO common. The sizing gods just like to watch us squirm.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #127 on: 29 Aug 2013, 16:04 »

I am gonna need new shoes for the winter. I'm thinking classic black w white, but maybe I switch it up and go green and white? After all green is best.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Papersatan

« Reply #128 on: 29 Aug 2013, 16:13 »

New shoes which are winter proof, or just ones that you will wear this winter?  Sneakers, or nice shoes? Budget?  This crew is all in online shopping mode.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #129 on: 29 Aug 2013, 16:48 »

Cardigans like that can definitely be a serious boob frame depending how you button them. Just make sure it's a fit that can close over your chest, then if you only button it partway it's not straining out around your boobs. If that makes any sense. Personally I prefer v-necks instead of round collars on cardigans because I never button them up all the way, so the top corners are just extra fabric anyway.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #130 on: 29 Aug 2013, 16:52 »

Oh, Chucks. I only wear 5 shoes:
Flip flops in summer
Cheap sneakers at work.
Pumas at sca practice & the gym
12th century leather shoes at events (though I really need to upgrade these, my shoes are 200 years out of date)
Chuck Taylors in the winter. It's just down to color choice.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #131 on: 29 Aug 2013, 16:59 »

I wish I could wear Chucks. They just don't have enough support.

ackblom12

« Reply #132 on: 29 Aug 2013, 17:02 »

I'm pretty flatfooted, so Chucks are some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. My problem tends to be that it's kind of weird to pay the price they're asking for canvass sewn onto a flat piece of rubber.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #133 on: 29 Aug 2013, 17:05 »

Hot Topic will have awesome sales on shoes a couple times a year, which is a great time to get a pair. I'm sure other places do as well, that's just the one I know for sure.

lepetitfromage

« Reply #134 on: 29 Aug 2013, 17:15 »

I think I bought mine at DSW. I used to work there, so I milked the employee discount. And pretty much ended up just getting paid in shoes.

I love my Chucks so much. I have a pink pair of high tops and a green pair of low tops. Simultaneously sad and awesome: I wore my green ones when I got my asterisk tattoo and it weeped like a mofo. I ended up with red splotches all over my shoes, so whenever I wear them I feel like a badass. Even though I am like, the least bad-assy person I know. :roll:

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #135 on: 29 Aug 2013, 17:17 »

When people say Chucks, do they just mean any canvas shoe that looks a little like the Converse brand?

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #136 on: 29 Aug 2013, 17:19 »

It's supposed to mean just the Converse Chuck Taylors, but some people mean it in a more generic sense.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #137 on: 29 Aug 2013, 17:23 »

What's a Ked?

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #138 on: 29 Aug 2013, 17:33 »

It's a similar low-top canvas shoe, but without the rubber toe cap. Just Google Keds.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #139 on: 29 Aug 2013, 17:44 »

So it's not used as a sort of catch-all descriptor of the style of shoe? Or does that vary from region to region? I've heard people say that the word Kleenex is used to describe any tissue, for instance. The only example of that I can find in British English is the way that hoover has become a synonym for vacuum cleaner.

Papersatan

« Reply #140 on: 29 Aug 2013, 17:59 »

I would say  "bobo" for a genetic canvas shoe, but I think that is an urban term.  It was a bad thing to wear bobos, because they were cheapsshoes ( compared too the latest Nike's). Bobos we usually off brand.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2013, 21:35 by Papersatan »

lepetitfromage

« Reply #141 on: 29 Aug 2013, 18:54 »

I generally think of them both as being brand specific. We never really had a term for generic canvas sneakers that I was aware of.

It's funny....I never say Kleenex instead of tissue but don't think twice about Band-Aid.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #142 on: 29 Aug 2013, 18:56 »

I was wearing Keds 60 years ago; coarse canvas tops on thick crepe soles.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #143 on: 30 Aug 2013, 00:38 »

Yeah I mean the actual brand. I make $15/hr I ain't about to be wearin no off brand bullshit shoes.

I don't need support in my shoes because I walk how humans are supposed to walk so the fact that my work shoes do have support (because it is part of the company policy that you have to have hard rubber soles on shoes and chucks don't cut it, I asked) fucks with how I walk so I end up walking slower that I ought to.

Papersatan

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #145 on: 30 Aug 2013, 05:46 »

Every single one of those is gorgeous :D I will have to go there and try them all on (although if they don't have any of them in the store, I guess free shipping and 155 off over £30 and free returns can't hurt!). I might actually go today instead of waiting for my mum to come, since we won't have a huge amount of time tomorrow.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #146 on: 30 Aug 2013, 06:16 »

Plus-sized peoples: http://www.kiyonna.com/ has freaking gorgeous dresses and many even have longer sleeves - something I prefer, as I don't like my arms. How beautiful is this?!

/drool.  That gives me ideas....

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #147 on: 30 Aug 2013, 06:32 »

So does an old guy have permission to say that this discussion of fashion among attractive ladies is quite charming?

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #148 on: 30 Aug 2013, 06:54 »

So does an old guy have permission to say that this discussion of fashion among attractive ladies is quite charming?

I hope so.  Otherwise I just made a faux pas.

Papersatan

« Reply #149 on: 30 Aug 2013, 07:16 »

May, they also have a 15% student discount.  It seems like a lot of the UK sites I've looked at have student discounts is that common for clothing stores?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up