THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 00:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outlast  (Read 2873 times)

TheEvilDog

Outlast
« on: 22 Jun 2013, 18:34 »

Outlast, the latest game from Red Barrel.

Taking place in a former mental asylum in Colorado, you play an investigative journalist who is trying to uncover what horror has taken place at the derelict building when you become trapped inside. Considering you're a guy with a video camera that has night-vision and not a soldier, or a cop, you can't fight what has infested the place, leaving it up to you whether you want to find out what happened...or run like the clappers and get the hell out.

Similar to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, you will be unable to fight the evil that dwells inside, instead you'll have to use your wits to outsmart your enemies and hide when you need to. And with much of the power cut in the building, you will have to use your camera's night-vision mode to find your way around, but be warned, power is limited and you will need to find batteries.

Enjoy the trailer, the game is out on PC during the summer and will port onto the PS4 afterwards. (Needless to say, its probably best if those of a nervous disposition don't watch this trailer, some of it is disturbing)

« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2013, 21:34 by TheEvilDog »

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
Re: Outlast
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44 »

oh my god I could never play a game like this. I haven't even managed to finish Amnesia. Jesus fucking Christ

TheEvilDog

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2013, 19:29 »

I'm really looking forward to it. Mainly because a friend of mine streams these games and it so hilarious hearing her freak out. For example, she played Amnesia and for two hours all we heard was a mix of screaming and swearing, sometimes at the same time.

I tend to be oddly calm playing these games though.

ackblom12

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2013, 21:28 »

I think this is my most anticipated title now.

Fuck. Yes.

ackblom12

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2013, 13:09 »

So apparently, this is a music video that had a lot of inspiration for the visuals and concept for the game. Of course it's an Aphex Twin video.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/this-is-the-disturbing-music-video-that-helped-inspire-outlast

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2013, 00:58 »

Holy crap this looks awesome. I got to play this, once it's out.

Also, the trailer made me want to play Amnesia again. I'm gonna do that now.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2013, 02:51 »

Confession: While I really like that these games are out there, and doing fairly well (i.e. not being totally panned)...I can't really play them. Friggin' Clock Tower 3 and Fatal Frame were bad enough for me, thank you.

ackblom12

« Reply #7 on: 09 Sep 2013, 02:42 »

Ok, so I don't know if anyone else has played this game, but it's fucing terrifying and wonderful. Also Jim Sterling did a drunk Let's Play for it. Spoilers, obviously.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #8 on: 09 Sep 2013, 08:39 »

I definitely want to pick it up, but I think it might have to wait until the New Year, the next couple of months are always a little harder on my wallet.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2013, 08:48 »

I still need to man up and finish deadspace.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave
Pages: [1]   Go Up