THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 02:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Island of Lost Games  (Read 3623 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
The Island of Lost Games
« on: 16 Jun 2013, 22:21 »

What games do you love that you can't play any more for whatever reason? For me it's Star Trek Armada II, I can't find my CD key any more and it's not available for legal download, it doesn't like Windows 7 much either.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
Re: The Island of Lost Games
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2013, 02:12 »

Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb because it won't run on Intel Macs and my old G4 finally died.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2013, 02:15 »

Earl Weaver Baseball II. You could customize teams, managers, ballparks; you could play entire seasons out without issue; and it felt like real baseball.

And it wouldn't run on anything faster than a 486 because the keyboard was so ultra-sensitive you couldn't input the code from the code wheel.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2013, 03:28 »

Aquanox, because I can't find the CD.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2013, 04:35 »

Lots of things, but off the top of my head we never could get Star Trek: Borg to work on anything but a very specific version of Windows 95 operating system.

Mind there's a wonderful world of emulation out there that *might* do it these days. I dunno.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2013, 06:00 »

Dino Crisis, mainly because my PSX gave up the ghost long ago, and it's likely it will never be made available on the European PSN.

ThomasEll

• Plantmonster
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2013, 02:36 »

All my old PS1 games

Sold my old PSone ages ago along with all the games, regretted it about a year later.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2013, 11:51 »

Basically no games run on my PC or my previous one because Vista and 7 are fucked. I can just about get Theme Hospital running so I can play the shit out of that. I lost my Command and Conquer CD key which is fucking annoying because Red Alert 2 is AMAZEBALLS.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

ThomasEll

• Plantmonster
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 2013, 06:28 »

I remember I bought Command and Conquer: The First Decade, only to find out that it would only work on XP (I had vista). Doesn't work on 7 either. No idea why Microsoft can't work out backwards compatibility  :psyduck:

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2013, 06:59 »

Concerning Windows and backwards compability...

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jun 2013, 16:11 »

On a original topic note I actually have some of my favorite Nintendo games (both N64 and Game Cube) and they are literally the only reason I own a Wii. Specifically Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, (the limited release disk version, managed to get it before it hit $100+ on amazon and ebay) Skies of Arcadia: Legends and Tales of Symphonia, all four of which populate my "favorite games of all time" list. Along with a lot of other people's apparently as most of those games go for at least $20 used in reasonable condition.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2013, 11:03 »

I have a GameCube for playing a few things on. Pikmin and Mario Sunshine, in particular - though it always seems that places sell the last copy of Sunshine just before I arrive or get them in after I leave. I went to one shop literally an hour after they sold it and another that I just checked online has it in - but it's about an hour's drive away and I was there just last weekend.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Emoroffle

• FIGHT YOU
  • Warning! Bites when asked to.
« Reply #12 on: 02 Jul 2013, 05:08 »

Final Fantasy XI. Mostly because Windows 8 (ie the new laptop I got) is not compatible with my modem. Due to several reasons, the most important of which is that I need something mobile, I use a usb wireless modem. Unfortunately Win8 is compatible with jack squat. I loathe this OS. It is Vista levels of epic failure. Shout ot to any peeps who play FFXI. I miss my character.
Super-villain in training.
Pages: [1]   Go Up