THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deathmole Patches?  (Read 5302 times)

scrambles

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Deathmole Patches?
« on: 07 Jul 2013, 20:18 »

So, I'm working on my metal vest at the moment, and I really wanted to have something Deathmole on it (because I'm ridiculous).  I figured I'd use the image below (I've seen it floating around the internet, but ran into a few problems - mostly that it costs a bit to make a patch from scratch.

I found a local printer who would be willing to make cloth patches for me (screenprinted onto cut out cloth) at $10 a patch, printing on a sheet of 8 (so $80 a sheet, basically).

BUT, I ran into some other concerns, mostly...

1. Worried Jeph might think I'm trying to profit off his band, which I am not at all; I just want this patch for myself personally.  But, hopefully by posting this here Jeph will get his eyes on it and give his blessing/tell me not to go forward with it.

2. Worried whoever did the design above would be offended/think I'm trying to profit off his artwork, which again I am not; I'd be making zero dollars doing this, in fact I'd be losing money by eating the cost of sending it to people.  BUT that doesn't make it right for me to use his design without permission.  So I'm kinda hoping whoever made the design sees this, or someone here knows who made it originally and I could go ask his permission.

3. That said, $80 is too much for me.  But $10 I could swing, and am willing to pay to mail them to whoever wanted the other 7 (or more; they'd be printed in sheets of 8, though... So getting an even number of 8 would be awesome).  So I'd kinda like to see if a few other people would want a cloth patch of this.

SO, basically, if Jeph signs off on it, and whoever made the original design of it signs off on it, I'd love to find a few other people who want this patch, and make it happen.  Obviously if it's not okay with Jeph and whoever did the original design, then it's a no go.

Any thoughts?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Deathmole Patches?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2013, 23:35 »

Why not just ask Jeph?  You can contact him through his email (on the contact page of the comic website), or Twitter or Tumblr (links from the website sidebar). He's more likely to respond there than here.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

scrambles

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Re: Deathmole Patches?
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2013, 13:47 »

Hmmmm, good call!
Pages: [1]   Go Up