THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOS for my friends tour.  (Read 5686 times)

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface
SOS for my friends tour.
« on: 14 Aug 2013, 23:54 »

My best friends are in a post rock band and just went on a tour they have been planning most of the year.  Then their van breaks down in Twin Falls, ID.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtQxLRt8GBw

I am flying out from Sky Harbor to Boise after work tomorrow for some personal issues, but I am also super concerned about my friends.   They all apparently got ridiculous facial hair as well.  Eric has been my best friend for 12 years so I am being a bro and sharing their misery and music to help them out (after I give them like $100 myself).  Check out their band camp because they are actually really good, local music staples in Boise. Lovers of Explosions in the Sky and Russian Circles need apply.  I don't normally pedal my friends stuff around the boards - but anyone who has ever toured can relate to the tribulations.

Besides, no one should be stuck in Twin Falls, Idaho.  Ever. There is a Built to Spill song about it.  Look it up.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
Re: SOS for my friends tour.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2013, 15:34 »

oh god, I wish I had money right now. those poor lads.

PS I know that song well, and it's great. but yeah, it makes me never ever want to go to Twin Falls.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2013, 16:03 »

Being a big post-rock fan I just threw ten bucks in their general direction. I can't afford much more, but well, if many people pay small amounts it should sum up to enough.

Their music is really great by the way! (And I like that they use Bandcamp. I like Bandcamp. And I like that Bandcamp gives you FLAC.)
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • bookface
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2013, 18:01 »

They are getting the van fixed today and are getting underway tomorrow sometime! So they should make the Seattle/Portland/San Fran leg of the tour at least. Because of this Snafu I have time to have like 1 beer with them while I am on my vacation.  Not the way I wanted it to go down, but at least something good came out of it for me. Heh. I totally get being broke, before I had to move away for this job that was how I was pretty much all the time. I wish I could have spared more, but I already paid $400 for my flight this month.

And seriously thanks for the donation! It worked and I am stoked they get to complete the largest part of the tour. I am glad you dig their music, too! Apparently they just finished a half hour EP and are going to record it after they get back. If anyone gets a chance to see them live it really is a good set.

(Also, right now I am listening to Goodbye Sky Harbor at Sky Harbor because I like cliches)
(Also also, everyone I have ever known from Twin Falls has tried meth at least once and the place is depressing to stay in longer than a few hours)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2013, 10:46 »

when do they stop in SF? are they, by chance, playing with Wander?
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • bookface
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2013, 19:09 »

Just got back from my vacation.

I guess they moved their bay area dates to Oakland at the Pink String on the 1st of September and Stork Club on the 3rd.  They might try and book a San Fran show while there, but I think there is a festival going on at that time?  I am not entirely sure.

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • bookface
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2013, 21:32 »

Also, they just put up an indiegogo. Not really trying to solicit anything more right now, but a lot of their perks are either creative or outright silly. I personally want to make my friend look like a jerk.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2013, 10:00 »

that are some of the greatest perks I've seen on such a platform.

I feel like they are going to rue offering some of these choices…
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.
Pages: [1]   Go Up