THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 08:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next Gen Anticipation thread  (Read 3455 times)

TheEvilDog

Next Gen Anticipation thread
« on: 28 Jun 2013, 11:14 »

Rather than further derail other threads, I decided to start this one.

The next few months will see the XBox One(eighty) and the PS4 being released. Naturally, a lot of us are looking forward to this and the next gen games that will be coming out. So I'm just wondering, what games are you looking forward to?

Personally, I can't wait for Outlast, the Evil Within and Dragon Age Inquisition.

ackblom12

Re: Next Gen Anticipation thread
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2013, 12:54 »

Those are the big 3 for me right now, though the fact that I'm not getting a One is making me a little sad that all my save stuff won't transfer to Inquisition. I'm not sure it would have anyways.

I'm also a lot more excited by Knack than I really should be.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2013, 17:06 »

I'm honestly still very undecided, if leaning to the PS4. There's a few games on the One that I really wish weren't platform exclusive, Like that Below game that's getting done by some of the same people who did Swords and Sworcery, which I loved, but yeah, I'm really seeing it when people say that they're a bit too much of the same.

Damn these companies for forcing this farcical 'Exclusivity' upon us. Damn them all.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

ackblom12

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2013, 17:42 »

It seems like Sony will likely end up with a big advantage on the indie side of things unless MS makes a massive effort in that field. There's also the fact that I suspect a lot of the exclusives for the One are going to end up like this gen, where there were a lot of timed exclusives for the 360 but nowhere near as many actual exclusives.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2013, 17:51 »

AFAIK, Microsoft has stopped asking for money if you want to patch your game.

ackblom12

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2013, 18:18 »

Yeah and it's a good start, but they've a pretty nasty reputation with indies thus far outside of that.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2013, 18:44 »

Yeah, and the way I see it, they can't afford that any further down the path.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jun 2013, 09:56 »

So the Ouya is out.

Anyone?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jun 2013, 09:58 »

Right now the only next gen game I'm really looking forward to is the new Super Smash Bros.

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jun 2013, 16:37 »

So the Ouya is out.

Anyone?

Meh

ackblom12

« Reply #10 on: 29 Jun 2013, 18:33 »

I'm giving it time before I make any decision on purchasing an Ouya, but the reviews I've seen of it are pretty mixed. Everything from 'I like the idea but it's got some serious problems' up to 'It's a great device but you have to do some digging'. The thing that seems universal is that the wireless controller that comes with it is terrible, not because of it's design, but because of a hell of a lot of input lag. Of course you can use other controllers, but it's kind of a big problem.

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jun 2013, 19:22 »

I'm looking forward to Destiny and Watch Dogs (I consider them both next gen, even though they're coming out to the current gen as well. No way I'm buying the them for the old generation). Other than that, I haven't really paid too much attention the new IPs. I hope we see some new franchise starters that equal Mass Effect, BioShock and Assassins Creed (before they adopted the CoD/EA Sports business model) in quality, but I have no clue which games that might be at the moment. Much like with the current generation, I don't think we'll see the best new IPs at console launch, but rather a year or two after (like with Gears of War, Mass Effect, BioShock, Assassins Creed, Modern Warfare and Uncharted).
I dunno..

ackblom12

« Reply #12 on: 01 Jul 2013, 15:15 »

Oh hey, I finally watched the InFamous: Second Son gameplay trailer and now it's on my list. Destructible environments are a big plus in an already pretty fun franchise.

Parkour Lewis

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Does my butt look bigger on the inside?
« Reply #13 on: 01 Jul 2013, 16:18 »

That dude forgot a major part there.  I saw lots of kicking ass, but I didn't see him take down a single name.
When heaven's in the music, Hell is in control.
The Angels got the phonebox but the Devil's got the rock and roll.

ackblom12

« Reply #14 on: 17 Aug 2013, 10:35 »

Ok, so, there's another zombie game coming out in 2014. I know, I know, zombies. Buuuuut, this Zombie game looks like Dead Island and Mirror's Edge had a baby and I'm tentatively excited. This is all pre-alpha gameplay footage.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #15 on: 17 Aug 2013, 13:58 »

I want Watch Dogs, and (based on playing through the first one and part of the expansion quest) the new Dragon Age.

I'm probably still skipping this generation though, at least the first few years. So it's probably going to be an unfulfilled want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up