THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: quack, Quack, QUACK (Mighty Ducks 4)  (Read 11679 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
quack, Quack, QUACK (Mighty Ducks 4)
« on: 03 Mar 2021, 10:51 »

Looks interesting. Cool to see Bombay back as the "retired gunslinger" archetype. It looks fun and more to the roots of the first movie.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
Re: quack, Quack, QUACK (Mighty Ducks 4)
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2021, 11:17 »

And here comes Disney to get on the Cobra Kai bandwagon.
Quis pater tibi est?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #2 on: 03 Mar 2021, 11:21 »

I haven't watched Cobra Kai yet, but I thought it was more of a "villain's side of the story" turned good guy kind of thing.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2021, 15:00 »

Wait, when was there a 3rd movie???
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #4 on: 07 Mar 2021, 16:08 »

There was a second movie?
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #5 on: 07 Mar 2021, 16:56 »

There was a second movie?
Yeah, second one was the kids olympics and the bad guys were the Iceland Team. Coach Bombay sells out. Kenan Thompson joins the team.

Wait, when was there a 3rd movie???
1996, the team gets accepted to a prep school (or was it college?) on a hockey scholorship. They do not gel well with the existing team and the coach. Bombay makes a cameo with some sage advice but the focus of the story is Charlie, the main kid in all 3 films.

Edit:
I almost forgot. There was also a TV show in the 90s called the mighty ducks. It was about anthropomorphic duck aliens whose entire culture was about hockey. An evil villain took over there planet and a small band of freedom fighters escaped to earth. They play minor league hockey by day and fight the villain at night.

All of them are on Disney +, including the cartoon.
« Last Edit: 07 Mar 2021, 17:29 by LeeC »

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #6 on: 07 Mar 2021, 22:37 »

The 90's were such a weird fucking time. Almost glad I don't remember any of it.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Gyrre

« Reply #7 on: 08 Mar 2021, 05:23 »

I actually remember the animated series. It was one of many trying to fill the void the original TMNT series left after it ended.

It's still weird looking back and finding out that a good chunk of the 1st TMNT series was aired on CBS on Saturday mornings. I vaguely remember stumbling across it one morning after it stopped airing on weekdays only to be well out of my depth in tbe middle of some interdimensional tournament arch with characters I'd never seen before.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #8 on: 08 Mar 2021, 23:25 »

The last few seasons of TNMT got so weird. I seem to recall there was a whole arc where they would turn into were-turtle versions of themselves at night for some reason. Of course, that was getting into the mid-90s when everything became XTREME and all characters seemed to need to be big, brutish and covered in blades or have electricity powers.
Quis pater tibi est?

Gyrre

« Reply #9 on: 09 Mar 2021, 07:21 »

The last few seasons of TNMT got so weird. I seem to recall there was a whole arc where they would turn into were-turtle versions of themselves at night for some reason. Of course, that was getting into the mid-90s when everything became XTREME and all characters seemed to need to be big, brutish and covered in blades or have electricity powers.

Was that the whole origin of the unstable mutation thing?
I recall a fancomic that used it to great effect to make a very dramatic read. I don't recall the name of it or the author, but if I'm not mistaken, she also does Thunderbirds fanart and fanfic. In either case, I know both are/were on DeviantArt.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Pages: [1]   Go Up