THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 12:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QC at GenCon?  (Read 2848 times)

Tobimaro

• Emoticontraindication
QC at GenCon?
« on: 12 Aug 2013, 15:17 »

If it is Jeph himself, then I would be stoked.  Of course, I will be doing a lot of work for Paizo, so my chances of getting to the dealer room and meeting the man are chancy.  But i can always hope...

Besides, any other fans of QC going to Indy this year?  Just asking.

James (aka Tobimaro)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
Re: QC at GenCon?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2013, 16:21 »

GenCon is dead to me since it moved out of Milwaukee.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2013, 16:38 »

This is no use at all to you but I was at GenCon last year and I loved it! So were several other QCers, some of whom might be going again (but a lot of whom don't post here a whole lot any more).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2013, 16:40 »

I wonder if I could make a day trip out of it.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2013, 17:03 »

You could. The more pertinent question would be whether it would be worth doing so. Since I'm not really interested in gaming or cosplay or anything like that, I just went to seven hours of back-to-back writing seminars (which were amazing) and a swing dance class. It was a lot of fun. Also the dealer room was mind-blowingly huge.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2013, 17:47 »

I originally wasn't planning on going this year, but then Jeph made his announcement that he'd be there and I found out several of my friends were thinking of just going for a day, so we may drive out and go on Saturday. Otakon wore me out, but I loved GenCon last year and I think it'd be worth it to say hi to Jeph. (And possibly thank him for the forums, because even though he hates them, I have met some awesome people because of them!)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2013, 19:11 »

I really want to go, but it's the same weekend that I move in, and i willl be extremely busy with unpacking and organizing to take any time off.

Drat, we need to have a meetup in Indy sometime. Lord knows what we'd do (There's some fairly good improv there). Anywho, I hope all that go have a good time, I hear GenCon is a nice event if you're into games and the sort.
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2013, 18:54 »

This is no use at all to you but I was at GenCon last year and I loved it! So were several other QCers, some of whom might be going again (but a lot of whom don't post here a whole lot any more).

*Waves*
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #8 on: 14 Aug 2013, 21:33 »

I'm skipping GenCon this year, like I do most years, even though I live, like, *right* there.

Mostly because I am not good at remembering to plan for it.

Anyway, it's fun, and if anyone goes, they should get me a lock of Jephzibah's facial hair and drop it off with me in Bloomington. Not for a shrine anything, just so we can cackle maniacally for a few minutes before throwing it away.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #9 on: 17 Aug 2013, 09:44 »

Decided not to go. We are still worn out from last weekend and the idea of standing in line and paying $50 for a one day pass does not appeal to me. :( I hope Jeph comes back next year...
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:
Pages: [1]   Go Up