THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 04:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam Game Sharing Beta  (Read 2332 times)

ackblom12

Steam Game Sharing Beta
« on: 11 Sep 2013, 11:33 »

So as much as I hate to link to Kotaku, something that's been rumored for a while has finally been confirmed.

Soon You'll be able to Share Steam Games

You'll be able to authorize other people to download games, have their own save files and all that. The only catch is that you can't play that game at the same time.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Steam Game Sharing Beta
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2013, 11:50 »

I love it!
That's a feature I've wanted for quite some time and I'm giddy to see it implemented. Between my and my roommate's libraries alone, there'll be so many new games to play. Can't wait for the release.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: Steam Game Sharing Beta
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2013, 12:21 »

Ars Technica reported on it too.

I'm definitely going to try this out since I've been sharing a Steam account with my dad since we first got the Orange Box. Well, I say 'share', but that's slightly inaccurate. Initially, his computer was the only one that was capable of playing games half decently, and he was the one with the credit card, but then I got my own computer, and Steam started allowing payments by debit card. So basically I've hijacked the account for myself to make use of the community features, while I try to keep my dad in offline mode as much as possible. :P

It doesn't look like it'll provide all that many benefits compared to the current situation, though. Yeah, personal saves and achievements are nice, but you still won't be able to be logged into one account with two computers, so fighting about who gets to stay online and who has to start in offline mode remains.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up