THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 10:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bundle of Holding - Humble Bundle for Pen and Paper RPGs  (Read 3259 times)

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!

So I know there's those among us that enjoy pen and paper RPG games such as Pathfinder, DnD, and GURPS. Like their video game counterpart, there's also a number of indie RPGs written by some talented folks out there. And there's actually a site that more or less follows the humble bundle approach to making them known:

Bundle of Holding

They've been really ramping the number of these they've been doing in September and it sounds like they're going to do even more of them for shorter bursts of time in October as a bit of an experiment. Like humble bundle, it's pay what you want with a reward for beating the average (they start it the average at $10 so it's a little pricier to beat). 10% of your purchase goes to whatever charities are being supported, which change. The eBooks you get are DRM free, so no need to worry about that. Make sure to save your emails, since I don't think they give you any other way of reaching your stuff if you were to lose them.

Otherwise, have fun and discuss. Just got an email about some cinimatic action RPG one they're starting soon, if not already started by the time you're reading this. Something about getting involved in a playtest for it, too. Wish I had posted this earlier for people interested to take advantage of the previous ones, but I've been busy with work (and still am! ARGHHH!). :(

Note to mods: I posted this separate from the other humble bundle thread since I didn't want to derail it with discussions of two different types of games. If you feel it'd be better to merge this anyway, obviously feel free.

ackblom12

Re: Bundle of Holding - Humble Bundle for Pen and Paper RPGs
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2013, 08:33 »

Yeah, they recently did a FATE Core bundle that was just kind of nuts and I'm assuming the one about to come up is Feng Shui which is just hilariously fun.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2013, 19:27 »

I can make a Revy character that actually fits into the setting and isn't insanely OP.

Holy shit. I must own this.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #3 on: 02 Oct 2013, 21:22 »

Thought I might skip this one and ended up getting it. The Friends of the Dragon and scenario anthology on top of actually reading the world this takes place in convinced me to do otherwise. We'll see what comes out of it. XD

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2013, 21:31 »

So been "flipping" through my copies. This was a good buy. Going to kinkos this weekend to make up print copies in big binders of justice.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.
Pages: [1]   Go Up