THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Blacklist...  (Read 1963 times)

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
The Blacklist...
« on: 24 Sep 2013, 10:43 »

Well, as much as I try to avoid it, the hype over this one got to me, and I watched the premier last night. 

I'm pretty disappointed.  I expected more from Spader, and to be frank, whoever is directing is like a caffeinated mixture of Robert Rodriguez and Michael Bay.  On Meth. 

Without spoiling, in case someone else wants to watch, and hasn't yet, the story has a lot of potential, but man did they waste it.  This episode should have been the one that gets you interested, and all it did was confuse me, with no real promise of clearing up the confusion.  The parts that should have been heartbreaking or endearing weren't, the parts that should have been intensely suspenseful were canned, and predictable.  The only part I found intriguing was about the female lead's husband, and even that was just played out as routine.  It's almost as if everyone of the characters is bored.  "Ho hum, we're so desensitized to all this that we can't be surprised by anything, or even bother to wake up to it..."

Honestly, with Burn Notice ending, I wanted a new spy show to watch, and thought I had it with NBC, but nope not at all.  I don't need to see the rest - the first one was bad enough.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up