THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Psychics? fortune tellers? Talismans? Ghosts?  (Read 15944 times)

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig
Re: Psychics? fortune tellers? Talismans? Ghosts?
« Reply #50 on: 03 Oct 2013, 11:19 »

Lol GM I think you're safe.  :wink:

I was trying to find a way to say that because of how well you wrote that, I could really immerse myself in the story- I could actually see it. So, thanks for sharing :-)

I have an unexplainable story to add myself....prompted by the mention of an insect in another thread.

When my grandmother was alive, she had a talk with my mom about the afterlife. She said that if reincarnation exists, she would want to come back as a butterfly or a ladybug. She passed away in November of 1997. Upon returning from her funeral at the end of November, one side of our house was entirely covered with ladybugs. Ok, so that's a little odd but that could just be a bizarre coincidence. Even weirder? Since that day, there has always been a ladybug in my parents' house. Never more than that- always just one. Nine times out of ten, it's in the kitchen- just like Grandma used to be.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #51 on: 04 Oct 2013, 12:21 »

I don't believe, but I'm of the "I want to believe" sort, I guess.  The universe is a vast, strange place, and most of the time I'm just frustrated that I won't get to learn all about it, but perfectly content acknowledging that there's lots of shit I don't understand.

A friend did give me a spot-on tarot reading once, but her approach to it is mostly "lets see if we can use the cards to frame problems in a way you haven't thought about yet."  The fact that it wasn't supernaturally inspired didn't make it any less helpful, though.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #52 on: 03 Nov 2013, 20:11 »

Some creepy stuff for you guys. #7 is pretty creepy to me.
http://imgur.com/gallery/KYJ62
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #53 on: 04 Nov 2013, 06:05 »

Whenever you read about one of those 'unsolved mysteries' it's likely that the story has been fabricated entirely. ;)

Also, cross-posting this from J's post in the New Age Fraud thread: http://whatstheharm.net/
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #55 on: 26 Jan 2015, 08:55 »

Sorry for the thread-cromancey but I didn't think a new thread should be made and it seems to best fit here. 

Just a spooky story (probably) I found.  I'll put it in a spoiler.

(click to show/hide)

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #56 on: 26 Jan 2015, 13:39 »

If it was found by a tree in Singapore, how did they find out that much backstory about it?

oh, ahh, spooky story. nvm. kinda cool.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #57 on: 11 Aug 2015, 06:18 »

This was kind of fun to watch.  The last one seemed pretty dumb until the end.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #58 on: 08 Feb 2016, 10:57 »

Guess I'm the only one interested in this sort of stuff...at least who frequents this thread.  Anyway we can get a name change like to "spooky stuff thread" or something?

anyway, here's wonderwall.

the number 1 video is pretty freaking spooky.  With the one swinging chain that doesn't lose momentum.  The final bit seems like someone could have been pulling a prank on him or something.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #59 on: 08 Feb 2016, 13:17 »

There's a psychic/fortune teller near us and it always says, "Walk ins Welcome." Every time I drive by I say, "Of course they're welcome, she knows they're coming."

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #60 on: 13 Oct 2016, 07:06 »

Man fights UFOs and Aliens on his ranch.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up