THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 17:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What ho, chaps!  (Read 2330 times)

Yappobiscuits

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
What ho, chaps!
« on: 06 Oct 2013, 21:40 »

Hey. I'm Owen, 21, from Cumbria (which is a county in the North of England where the Lake District is and is not, as some people think when I tell them of it, some different country. Or Columbia.)

I've been a loyal QC reader since… hmm… I don't exactly know in terms of time, but I started reading around the time we first met Marigold. Well, I started from the beginning, but I think this was the latest strip by the time my webcomic-tardis arrived in the present day. I've lurked these forums on-and-off since then but at last felt like signing up. It seems very much like my sort of community! One of my real-life friends is a regular here too *lifts head and looks around to see if I can spot him*

QC was my first webcomic and is still my favourite, but I've got into a few others since. Though I'm mainly just loyal to this and xkcd. Oh, and another I love a lot is Subnormality, though it updates very sporadically. It's worth it though since every strip is a masterpiece (and often immensely long.)

Anyway, my first and main love (and I know it's a cliche, but pretty much my life) is music. I'm a composer primarily, trying to get a foothold in the film/tv/game music business, but I also have a few metal projects. Don't worry, I won't shamelessly plug any of my stuff here though, I'll go do that in the appropriate section in due course…  I'm also one of those people who can pick up almost any instrument and play it, so I also play a ton of folk instruments (I will accordion 4 you). I'm a metalhead first and foremost (mainly European stuff - power, symphonic, folk, black metal) though my tastes branch out quite a lot from that - my second loves are folk/world music, classical/film scores, and anything atmospheric like new age stuff or post-rock. And I like lots of other stuff and crossovers and things besides. Though I tend to be most loyal to folk metal. And all things Viking/Celtic. I don't know much about indie stuff, so a lot of the references in earlier QC go right over my head, but there are also plenty of metal and post-rock references in the comic to make me happy! I was especially excited when one of my favourite ever bands, Turisas, recently got a mention!

I'm also rather fond of otters. Otters are cool. I don't have a secret otterfuckers tumblr though. Honest.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
Re: What ho, chaps!
« Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2013, 21:45 »

Mae croeso i bawb sydd yn caru cerddoriaeth werin / geltaidd yma. 

Welcome!
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2013, 15:19 »

Greetings

*Melts your Lug Wrench*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2013, 15:20 »

The normality of the universe has been reasserted...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2013, 15:22 »

You're welcome

*Snaps fingers and disappears in a flash of light*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2013, 13:26 »

Welcome and have fun! We aspire to be a little better than the average Internet place.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: [1]   Go Up