THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Evangelion box set  (Read 2325 times)

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
Looking for Evangelion box set
« on: 08 Oct 2013, 00:40 »

So I'm looking for a boxset of Neon Genesis Evangelon, but I cannot find a complete set that isn't going for well over $100.  Anyone know of other sources with more reasonable prices?
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Looking for Evangelion box set
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2013, 01:02 »

It's long out of print, so remaining new copies that turn up from time to time are expensive; Rightstuf found some last week, but they've all gone.  Secondhand is the way to go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001GTFP1I/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Remember that the real ending, the film End of Evangelion, was licensed in the West to a different company, and so has to be bought separately.  Sadly, the English-dubbed version has huge video problems (it's referred to as "vaseline-o-vision").  I bought it because there was no alternative (though it seemed that the UK R2 pressing was slightly better), and recently bought the decent version from Italy, ripped them and muxed the English dub with the Italian video.  It turns out that Amazon UK has much better choices for EoE right now than the US:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000083EEH/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Shipping might be an issue, I guess.

There are Malaysian bootlegs available much cheaper; don't go there; old versions, highly compressed, awful quality, faulty mastering,...
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2013, 01:29 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: [1]   Go Up