THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 23:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wolf Amoung Us  (Read 5096 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
The Wolf Amoung Us
« on: 11 Oct 2013, 19:01 »

I saw this on steam but didnt pay much mind to it.  Videogameawesome played an hour or so on their live stream. They plan to continue it again later. Its by telltale and plays like their walking dead game.  Its based on the fables comics.  You play Bigbys Wolf (AKA big bad wolf) and have to solve gruesome murders (in a noir like fashion) in modern New York in a district populated by fairytale characters.  You work with snow white and a flying money (whose boss is an uptight Ichabod Crane).  Here's a trailer of him fighting the woodsman.

Just released today.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
Re: The Wolf Amoung Us
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2013, 17:15 »

Apparently only episode 1/5 of The Wolf Among US is out right now and its $5 on xbox live arcade (can only buy the season pass on steam for $25) and buying the season pass on XBOXA is an additional $15 ($20 total).  I got episode one and tried it. Its fucking amazing!  The QTE are a little wonky on the xbox controller but then again maybe its because I usually play on PC.  Its just so dark a story.  The ending has me in a huff, I want to know more! too bad episode 2 isnt out yet...I bought the season pass.  I am sold.

I highly recommend checking this out.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2013, 09:42 »

I'm glad to hear Fables translated so well into a Tell Tale game. Wasn't expecting otherwise, but good to get the confirmation. I'll need to get this at some point but... fifty other games to play. Might cave and get it sooner rather than later... it's seriously something I was super excited to hear announced.

Also, thanks for the tip about XBox vs PC pricing. I played The Walking Dead on my PS3. It wasn't bad by any means, but I imagine on a PC a couple parts would have been smoother. But between the issues that people had importing save data between episodes and the $5 difference, I'll go PS3 again (or XBox if it's >$20 on PSN).

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2013, 09:59 »

I got the entire first chapter of TWD for $6 as part of the Humble weekly sale on Telltale games. Did you say something about a price difference? ;)

Anyway, The Wolf Among Us looks very interesting. I haven't read the comics but I would very much like to play a Telltale game with this concept.

And LeeC, please, fix your typos, they are painful. (Amoung>Among, Bigbys>Bigby, money>monkey)
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2013, 19:17 »

Finally played it, such a, "What the fuck," ending, especially if you've read the stories.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2013, 19:33 »

I havnt but I am aware of them (because of a few lets plays) but I cannot wait for episode 2 to roll out.  Some say sometime in mid to late November.

Game and Watch Forever

• The German Chancellory building
  • Tentacle Party!!!
« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2014, 07:59 »

So I finally started playing this and then typed my thoughts and now that I'm starting episode 2, I feel like maybe I shouldn't mention anything I know from the comics on the off chance someone doesn't know absolutely anything about them. So I spoilered it all just in case:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2014, 11:09 by Game and Watch Forever »

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jun 2014, 13:22 »

I picked this up in the Summer Sale, and god damnit if I didn't see the ending of Episode 1 coming, but I still went all "fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2014, 12:34 »

Okay, I started the second episode, and THAT was a surprise I wasn't in for.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

henri bemis

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Don't F with my glasses
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2014, 19:49 »

How in the hell did I miss this coming out?  I've really enjoyed the comics (though I'm not up to date with them - I think the last collection I bought was 13?), and I love the TWD games.    The season pass is $15 on Xbox now, so I'm downloading episode 1 as I type this.  Woo!

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2014, 09:59 »

So - seeing as the last episode is out, what are your impressions?

(click to show/hide)
Pages: [1]   Go Up