THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Vault 101 (Fallout Thread)  (Read 151569 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
Re: Vault 101 (Fallout Thread)
« Reply #450 on: 12 Nov 2015, 16:44 »

I don't have a console or PC capable of playing it, otherwise I would have it by now. It's good enough to justify $60 but no game is good enough to justify over $400, at least not in my current financial state. Don't think I'm not still tempted though.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #451 on: 13 Nov 2015, 05:44 »

I do highly recommend it. It is not without it's flaws, or things that can be improved when the modding scene kicks into gear. But there are so many improvements over Fallout 3. Or Skyrim for that matter, which improved on FO3. The crafting system borrows from and improves a lot on Skyrim. The game even has less bugs that I've noticed than is typical for a Bethesda new release. The feel of the game is better. The towns, while still smaller than they should be, are a good bit bigger and make more sense than in FO3 or New Vegas. Places like Concord and Lexington have a mixture of homes, shops and businesses, where as places like Greyditch or Bigtown were clearly made by just copy pasting a few homes and adjusting the contents of them.

The size of the buildings is a lot more claustrophobic as well, making gunfights a more tense issue as by the time you see them, ghouls or mutated critters are generally in your face. It feels a lot more realistic. Combat itself is a lot better as well. People react in believable ways to be being hit. Human enemies hide behind cover and try to shoot out of it without exposing themselves. Ghouls charge en masse without regards for personal safety. Animals will often make hit or run attacks, or mob you in groups.

So far my biggest complaint is that the main quest line is probably to compelling, and at the same time, gives you little enough as the player to care about it. I won't spoil anything obviously. But you only get to spend a little time with your spouse and son in the pre-war scenes. Enough to get a bare feeling of who these people are, but not really to feel a connection to them. Then the bombs fall and everything is moving on briskly. When you get into the game proper,  if you were in character you should be pursuing the main quest line without delay or side tracking. But the nature of the game means that people are always going to be asking you to do stuff for them. There's always going to be interesting places to explore and in general playing the game interferes with the main quest line, rather than supports it.

I've only put in 16 hours so far, and really only barely scratched the surface. But I do highly recommend the game, without any serious reservation. If you are a fan of Fallout.. Well it's a no brainer you probably already have it or are planning to buy it. If you never played Fallout before it's a good place to start.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #452 on: 13 Nov 2015, 07:36 »

Mole Rats actually burrow now.

Ghouls (and other creatures) tumble and stuff.

VATS is a slow-mo instead of a pause, and it really is actually an improvement.

Damnit I'll spend forever harvesting Silt Beans and shit.

A sort of base building system?

I'm still not sold on the setting (as I've said before, New England so soon after D.C.?), but I'll enjoy it when I get to playing this game myself, instead of watching my roommate.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #453 on: 13 Nov 2015, 08:50 »

I actually like the setting. There is some talk that Bethesda is going to be focusing primarily on the East Coast, and if they do the same as they did with New Vegas and get Obsidian to create it, they'll let them continue to work on the West. I've actually been looking forward to knowing more about the Commonwealth and the Institute since FO3. so I am glad to be here.

Mirelurks and Radscorpions will also erupt out of the ground to surprise you. (Hello Legendary Mirelurk to my face, ow). I haven't seen them dig back underground the way molerats do though. Mirelurks are a separate pain in the butt though. They rather remind me of the monsters the Skeksis used in The Dark Crystal as soldiers. And they are fast.  They scuttle faster than you move normal speed, so you can just keep backing off to shoot them. Even sprinting doesn't give you much room to work with. It's also annoying that Dogmeat tends to aggro them, and get them to turn their backs to me. Meaning I have to pound on their shell while circling around to get a face shot in.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #454 on: 13 Nov 2015, 09:17 »

I think I'm going to name my dog Doge. Or Rusty (after my childhood dog).

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #455 on: 13 Nov 2015, 09:55 »

Perhaps I should name mine Claire.  :clairedoge:

I love the doggy though. And I applaud that they spent a bunch of time capturing the mannerisms of a real dog... It adds a lot of depth to his character. Sometimes he's appropriately dog-like in the most hilarious moments. I was having a Real Serious conversation with some people not to log after getting him. And then he show up in the background of the scene. Rolling over and wiggling on the ground with four paws in the air (like he just don't care!). It was like "This is boooring mom. Come play with me!" I just had to laugh out loud.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #456 on: 13 Nov 2015, 18:30 »

There is some talk that Bethesda is going to be focusing primarily on the East Coast,

Then give me Florida, or Cuba, or Puerto Rico, or at  least South Carolina!

Don't give me boring old Boston. How can I be a radpirate in BOSTON, I ask you?

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #457 on: 13 Nov 2015, 18:46 »

Yeah, Boston's not nearly as scary without the drivers.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #458 on: 13 Nov 2015, 21:48 »

There is some talk that Bethesda is going to be focusing primarily on the East Coast,

Then give me Florida, or Cuba, or Puerto Rico, or at  least South Carolina!

Don't give me boring old Boston. How can I be a radpirate in BOSTON, I ask you?

you know, a post-apocalyptic FloridaMan character certainly has some fun possibilities.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #459 on: 15 Nov 2015, 11:05 »

I was just watching a video of Liberty Prime rampaging in Fallout 4. It suddenly occurred to me how easily so many of the Fallout-verse's robots could fit into the Questionable Content, especially with their deliberately self-parodying line in 1950s American pop-culture and propaganda buzz-phrases. I found myself visualising Bubbles getting into a fight to protect Momo from some anti-AI bigots and yelling something that you'd expect from a Mr Gutsy or even Libby himself like: "Freedom is the sovereign right of all Americans! Revel in the touch of democracy, Commie scum!"

Yeah... I probably need some more sleep.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #460 on: 20 Nov 2015, 03:16 »

Just a thought based on one of the main quest lines in Fallout 4:
(click to show/hide)

Aaannd an FO4 poll:

What is your favourite weapon (modded or baseline)? Vote in categories, please:
  • Long-range/sniping combat
  • Close-quarters combat
  • Melee
  • Best all-round 'default' weapon
~~~~

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #461 on: 20 Nov 2015, 10:49 »

hmmm. I haven't really got that far in the game to get all the best toys, so early on it's mostly just modding the heck out of basic stuff.
Sniper weapon I like my tricked out sniper rifle. For those that have been there, I took out about half the raiders in the Corvega plant from Lexington with it. One shot one kill for most of them. I just had to go in and clear out the ones I couldn't see with:

CQW/best all around: My custom 10mm, The Lawgiver. Tactical, harden receiver, extended quick change magazine. Very good stopping power, good ammunition capacity and 5 shots in VATS. It's my go-to weapon when it comes to general combat.

Melee: Haven't messed with it since leaving the Vault. I'm leaving that for my second character.

Honorable mention goes to a pipe revolver I picked up off a Legendary feral ghoul in Lexington, with a special trait of Infinite Ammo. Basically, I never have to reload it since the 'magazine size' is the total amount of .45 rounds I have. I modded it up to be a good CQW/medium range weapon, and it does a few points of damage more than The Lawgiver. I would be using that all the time except for the drawback that I can only get three shots off in VATS instead of five.

I look forward to finding a drum or magazine fed shotgun though. The combat shotgun was always my go-to weapon in FO3. But so far all I've found are double barrel ones in FO4. I fixed one up and it does more than double the damage of my pistols. But much like the laser musket the small ammunition capacity is a deal breaker for me. I want to like them, but the weight of the weapon and having to reload so often just doesn't work for me, especially for a CQW.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #462 on: 28 Nov 2015, 18:16 »

Made a financially unwise purchase on Thursday. Got home today and my new PS4 and Fallout 4 were there, too! Installing Fallout 4 now, almost finished! The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. videos during installation are a nice touch.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #463 on: 29 Nov 2015, 03:28 »

God I love my six crank Laser Musket. I feel like all the commonwealth can hear when I'm out there dispensing justice, FOR DEATH HAS COME FOR THEM. . . AND I . . . AM IT'S SHROUD!!!

*Coughs chokes and splutters* I mean what?
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #464 on: 29 Nov 2015, 03:31 »

God I love my six crank Laser Musket. I feel like all the commonwealth can hear when I'm out there dispensing justice, FOR DEATH HAS COME FOR THEM. . . AND I . . . AM IT'S SHROUD!!!

*Coughs chokes and splutters* I mean what?

Don't worry about it. It's the Wasteland. You'd stand out like a sore thumb if you weren't at least a little Ax Murderer Crazy. :wink:
~~~~

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #465 on: 29 Nov 2015, 06:58 »

I'm not that far in (I started playing late last night and I won't get much chance to play today), but is there ever a reason to take power armor off once you get it?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #466 on: 29 Nov 2015, 07:37 »

is there ever a reason to take power armor off once you get it?

Yes.
(click to show/hide)
~~~~

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #467 on: 29 Nov 2015, 07:43 »

I guess I'll never know. Either way, I took it off right after I asked.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #468 on: 29 Nov 2015, 08:08 »

It's not really a spoiler. If you use the power armor 24/7, you'll run out of fusion cores. Most likely in the middle of a firefight with a horde of super mutants.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #469 on: 29 Nov 2015, 13:49 »

I've never run out of fusion cores myself. But most of the time I leave the metal suit at home. Only when I know or think I'm going to need the extra protection do I wear it. Early on in the game the cores will be in shorter supply, but later on it's not that big a deal. Using action points for anything does burn them up faster. So if you like to sprint, use VATS or when you get a jet pack you can watch the cores bleed power.

Other reasons not to wear it: you don't get the bonuses from your other armor while you are wearing it. Essentially trading whatever you've tricked your armor out for 11 strength and crazy high defenses. It's not exactly sneaky either. I don't know the penalties, and you CAN sneak in power armor. But you'll probably be noticed from further away. But then again... power armor. Why were you sneaking in the first place? Also, you have to repair the armor, unlike everything else in the game. And it can get chewed up quicker than you think, even if you're not taking damage. Which means you need salvage and a power armor rack to fix it up. Otherwise you could find that extra protection shot off.

For me, the best use is if I know I'm going in a dangerous area, I'll clear out the area near the entrance or some place near by first, so I have a fast travel point. Then I'll go back to my base, grab the armor and fast travel back so I can go all Heavy Metal on the bad guys. It's a bit cheaty, but fast traveling doesn't cost you FC power. Running around from place to place without fast travel does. I'd rather save my operative time for when I'm fighting.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #470 on: 29 Nov 2015, 18:37 »

I have yet to use my power armor 20 hours into the game. I have 11 fusion cores, I guess I can start.
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

TheEvilDog

« Reply #471 on: 30 Nov 2015, 02:30 »

That said, if you have 9 Intelligence, you can gain access to the Nuclear Physicist perks, which besides make radiation weapons do more damage, also makes power cores last longer. The 3 ranks increase power core life by 25%, 50% and 100%.

There are some bonuses for power armour though, especially the mods you unlock later on. First and foremost is the Jetpack, which is basically an extended jump that lasts about 10 seconds. Next are the mods you can add to the legs. If you drop from a height, you can do explosive damage in a radius. Most of the time, it can kill raiders or knock a big chunk off their health.

But if you do come across enemies in power armour, try sneaking up behind them to steal their power cores. They get destroyed if you kill the enemy.

I like power armour, its fantastic for mid-to-endgame, but its something that you do need to prepare for and think about in advance.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #472 on: 30 Nov 2015, 07:42 »

I am encountering a very strange bug in my latest play through. I have two suits of power armor, the one you get at Concord, and another partial suit I found exploring. They are both sitting in Sanctuary. For some reason, every time I fast travel back there, they revert to how they were when I first found them. If I make any changes, leave in a power core or repair them, I lose all of that. I'm not sure what's causing this.. It didn't happen on my previous play through. I haven't been able to find any references to it online. And none of the mods I've installed should interact with power armor at all. I'm trying to keep things close to vanilla right now, using pretty much just mods that enhance quality of life... Some UI changes, settler renamer and a couple of (normal) armor reskins. The only mod that might affect it I think is Homemaker - Extended Settlements. But that just adds more craftable/placeable items in settler mode.

This concerns me, since I started this play though with the intention of making more use of power armor. So this bug is kind of a big deal. I need to check my older game and see if the bug is happening there. It might just be some strange corruption in this game. Which would be a pain if I had to restart, I'm about 20 hours or so into it.

Solution found: Whelp, turns out it was a mod I used to clean up the trash piles in Sanctuary. Sanctuary - No Trash and Leaf Piles. I was just going through to see if any of them were showing the problem, and this one says it right there... The oddities of modding, what can you do? It's a shame, it was a nice little mod, but that's a pretty major draw back. So I'll have to suffer a trashed up Sanctuary again.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2015, 07:58 by Neko_Ali »

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #473 on: 30 Nov 2015, 13:20 »

There is no such thing as pretty in the Fallout universe! It is not allowed!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #474 on: 30 Nov 2015, 17:13 »

Brooms exist though! I collect enough of them while travelling. Shovels too. My lazy settlers should make use of them and clean up the place.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #475 on: 30 Nov 2015, 17:27 »

I fucking hate mirelurks.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #476 on: 30 Nov 2015, 17:32 »

Wait until you retake the Castle, if you haven't already. They have done a good job making critters scary this time around.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #477 on: 30 Nov 2015, 17:33 »

That's where I am now. They're not scary, they're just really annoying.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #478 on: 30 Nov 2015, 17:40 »

Molotovs are pretty good against them I think. They roast nicely. Perhaps I should say that enemies act and react much better. Mirelurks charge you with the shell down so it's harder to get headshots. Ghouls and molerats are erratic and hard to hit. Humans make good use of cover. Deathclaws are just straight up terrifying when one suddenly appears.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #479 on: 30 Nov 2015, 17:42 »

I find that the best way to defeat mirelurks and deathclaws is to simply stand near a doorway and continually pop in and out to shoot at them. Super sleezy way to kill them, but they're too big to go into buildings, sooooo....

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #480 on: 30 Nov 2015, 17:44 »

Mirelurks charge you with the shell down so it's harder to get headshots.
You say that like it's a good thing.

Edit:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2015, 18:16 by Method of Madness »

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

« Reply #481 on: 01 Dec 2015, 01:33 »

Deathclaws are just straight up terrifying when one suddenly appears.

Feckin' Deathclaws now move like the Creature from The Relic! That's terrifying!

Although, 30 hours into the game and I now have, in no particular order:
*A "Mighty" Plasma gun that just obliterates most enemies in two to three shots
*A sniper rifle that never needs reloading and I've converted it to fire .50 cal rounds. (That dropped off a legendary Mole-rat)
*A shotgun that does 160 damage.
*Power armour with a jetpack, does explosive damage when I drop down and has more spikes than a Chaos Space Marine.

Its like Bethesda doesn't want to give the game a chance against me any more.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #482 on: 01 Dec 2015, 07:40 »

Well, that's kind of the way Bethesda games work.... You eventually get to the point where you are so over the power curve and have so much gear and cash that you become an almost literal god among men. And guards still give you the hairy eyeball. "I'm watching you... Buddy, I could take out you, your buddies and this entire town and kick back with a nuka cola later, and it wouldn't even dent my ammo reserves".

And yet will still keep playing because there's more to see and do. With respawning enemy camps and the settlements to play with, that's even more true than in previous games.

@Method: I do think it's a good thing that enemies act in more interesting ways that running towards you, and are made tougher in ways other than just having higher hit point pools. Making them more agile helps.. unless you use VATS a lot. Otherwise things like ghouls, various smaller insects and mole rats can be hard to hit when they're on top of you. VATS takes away that advantage though... at least until you run out of AP. A mirelurk can still be taken out by a headshot or two, ghouls can be crippled and made less dangerous, but it means you often have to fight more intelligently, rather than just holding down the trigger and hoping they run out of HP faster than you do.

(click to show/hide)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #483 on: 01 Dec 2015, 07:54 »

Well, that's kind of the way Bethesda games work.... You eventually get to the point where you are so over the power curve and have so much gear and cash that you become an almost literal god among men. And guards still give you the hairy eyeball. "I'm watching you... Buddy, I could take out you, your buddies and this entire town and kick back with a nuka cola later, and it wouldn't even dent my ammo reserves".

Oh I know, I've been playing Elder Scrolls and Fallout for years. Its just the power curve ramps up stupidly quickly these days.
I took the Castle at level 16, had the plasma gun and I ended up popping the Mirelurk Queen like an overripe zit. (I apologise for the disgusting analogy, but considering how she died, I felt it apt)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #484 on: 01 Dec 2015, 08:08 »

That's... unusual. See my previous spoiled comment on my experience with her. Though it should be noted that I didn't have a plasma gun. And I was going for a crafting focused build, not a combat focused one.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #485 on: 01 Dec 2015, 08:47 »

Ha, wow, now I feel accomplished beating her at level eleven with strength as my dump stat.

(Hopes nobody asks what difficulty)

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #486 on: 01 Dec 2015, 09:23 »

Just me then? Okay, I guess I'm a bad player...

*sits in the corner and sobs quietly with Dogmeat*

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #487 on: 01 Dec 2015, 09:26 »

He's still called Dog. Do I ever get to change his name?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #488 on: 01 Dec 2015, 09:31 »

You skipped Concord, didn't you? When you meet the survivors of the Minutemen there, one of them calls him Dogmeat, and that's his name from them on.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #489 on: 01 Dec 2015, 10:10 »

Mama Murphy mentions that the dog "Dogmeat" has a habit of finding those in need when you talk to her in Concord. Maybe if you talk to her again in Sanctuary Hills she'll mention it.

I'm also playing with Cait now. It may because I have this thing about Irish accents...

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #490 on: 01 Dec 2015, 10:26 »

I didn't skip anything, I'm just doing the Minutemen quests before I go to Diamond City. But Mama Murphy hasn't said Dogmeat to my recollection and I've talked to her plenty.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #491 on: 01 Dec 2015, 10:28 »

Maybe you could have only did it while talking to her in Concord, like I did.

Maybe if you try talking to Dogmeat his name will change?

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #492 on: 01 Dec 2015, 11:42 »

I'm definitely getting Fallout 4 for Christmas! So excited but so frustrating to still not be playing. Literally bought a PS4 to play this game.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #493 on: 01 Dec 2015, 13:27 »

I prefer Fallout on the PC myself. But admittedly they've semi-fixed the main reason why I prefer it... Mods. With mods now coming to console, console players can have the fun of corrupting their save files thanks to buggy code and losing five hours of progres! Won't that be fun?  :-D

The other reason being I'm a keyboard and mouse kind of person when it comes to these sorts of games. I'm terrible at aiming with a controller. I did just get a PS4 though, finally. With the Star Wars Battlefront game. so it will be my Christmas present (but I'm still setting it up tonight, after work. Suck it, Santa!)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #494 on: 01 Dec 2015, 13:35 »

That reminds me that I need to get another harddrive solely for save backups.

I can switch between PC and console pretty easily, have actually been playing a lot of PC lately and am missing playing on console. I would have got a PS4 eventually anyway. I find console more comfortable for long runs and can easily play for a whole day on one but on a PC isn't as easy. After about three hours or sometimes less, even with little breaks, it gives me a horrible headache. It might simply be my desk set-up because I think it's the difference of distance between screens.

Fun Welu Fact: I also originally bought the PS3 specifically to play Fallout 3.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #495 on: 02 Dec 2015, 04:30 »

Just me then? Okay, I guess I'm a bad player...

*sits in the corner and sobs quietly with Dogmeat*

You just enjoy the game in the way you want, don't pay any mind to us.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #496 on: 02 Dec 2015, 05:59 »

More and more often I seem to be playing Fallout: Sims edition. I really enjoy the settler mode. Which strangely is the part of the game I think needs the most work done. It's a good base, don't get me wrong. But so much polish could have been done with it. There are a bunch of mods already out there that address shortcomings, but until we have access to the Creation Engine they're kind of brute force fixes. And still, there's a lot of good there. I can't wait until we do have access to it, I expect to see a lot more refinement with the mods.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #497 on: 02 Dec 2015, 09:39 »

It's a good base
I see what you did there

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #498 on: 02 Dec 2015, 13:34 »

TheEvilDog

« Reply #499 on: 03 Dec 2015, 01:31 »

It's a good base
I see what you did there
rimshot.mp3
Isn't that when a Raider shoots you in the ass?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up