THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 10:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: on Origins...  (Read 5829 times)

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
on Origins...
« on: 19 Apr 2013, 10:29 »

I will be adding to this more later,  but for now.  FUCK YES!

The only thing that could disappoint me right now, is if they failed to have Ron Perlman voice him.  Slade from the animated Teen Titans is goddamned memorable, and I can't imagine him sounding any other way now.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

ackblom12

Re: on Origins...
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2013, 11:05 »

I'm a bit skeptical at this point. I really like the premise of turning Batman into the hunted, rather than the hunter and all that, but it's not being made by Rocksteady. That has me more than a little concerned.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2013, 12:12 »

Well shit, that sucks.  I'm still going to be optimistic about it, but that could very well be a bad thing when it comes to the gameplay and the implementation of how the world works.  They had a damn good formula going.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:38 »

Okay, so upon further investigation, while Rocksteady isn't actually doing the game, they were basically on hand for the current team to look their way and go, "Is this okay?  We're not fucking up your work, right?"

The combat system will be roughly the same with a couple of new ways to fight, and they appear to be bad-guy specific, so no everyone will have the new attacks, just certain ones.  I'm okay with that.  Apparently the batwing will be present, used as a fast-travel device, as the area will now not only include old Gotham, but new Gotham as well - so the map is actually bigger than it already was.  And I was happy to hear that one of the things they confirmed was that even though the city is bigger, they're not trying to thin out the chances of happening upon criminals and random crimes - they actually reiterated this a few times - that larger area was not a way to make you have to go farther just to get to missions.

Apparently the detective mode has been amped up some, and I like what they're talking about (improved ability to search for clues, and greater utilization of clues).

So I'm excited again.   :parrot:

My blog

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2013, 16:33 »

Hells yes.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

ackblom12

« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2013, 13:40 »

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2013, 15:01 »

You... you can play as Deathstroke.....

That high pitch squeal you are hearing is not in fact an air raid siren, that is me fangirling my way to a pre-order....

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2013, 18:14 »

Here's a new Gameplay video from a Demo (it start around 2.50).

You can see some new mechanics (some enemies that counter your counter-attacks, missions, scene recreation, etc), and things that keep the same.

It's nice to finally be able to look and play in Gotham City (not the "Now an extended Asylum" city).

ackblom12

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jul 2013, 10:52 »

Soooo, this happened.

I'm rather intrigued. Also, I'm really happy they went with a more human looking Bane design.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #10 on: 01 Aug 2013, 14:19 »

Well, didn't get my wish of having Ron Perlman voice him, but I can live with that, seeing as how I WILL be playing as Deathstroke.  :D

My blog

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #11 on: 01 Aug 2013, 23:34 »

I thought this was a Dragon Age Origins thread… I'm all disappointed now.

ackblom12

« Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2013, 13:25 »

Welp, Troy Baker is definitely doing Joker justice at least.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2013, 13:33 »

My first thought was Rayman: Origins. I could tell Blyss to make better thread titles but the truth is that videogame studios just need to make better names. :-D
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2013, 13:40 »

If it makes you feel any better we can talk about Dragon Age. I've been playing it for the last few days. Even on normal some parts are ridiculously difficult.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #15 on: 13 Oct 2013, 14:30 »

Oh man, there is those optional dwarven arena battles that I just cannot handle on hard ever. Otherwise that is a hard game for me, all the way. On normal there just is no challenge.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #16 on: 14 Oct 2013, 02:10 »

Really? Then I must be doing something wrong. For example, I'm currently trying to do the blood mages side quest in Denerim (the one in the huge abandoned house). The fights up until the final room were challenging, but manageable. The second I open one of the doors to the final room, a fireball flies in my face and drops half of my group to half their health. I don't have a mage with group heal and almost no potions left, so fighting against 3 mages and several mercenaries at once just isn't doable anymore at that point.
If I still had Wynne that might be different, but I was forced to kill her at the end of the Mage Tower quest. :/

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #17 on: 14 Oct 2013, 03:15 »

Oh, if you don't have Wynne you're pretty much completely fucked if you're not mage yourself or have specced Morrigan towards healing. You need a healer. Or a ton of potions, so a good herbalist could get you through the game, but potions can't be used when a character is held by an ogre or dragon, knocked down, paralyzed, frosted, or in any of the other situations where you really need healing fast. Oh and by the way, if a character gets curse of mortality'd, it's night night if you don't have a templar around to dispel it.

That specific thing I'd solve by having a sneaking rouge go ahead of the party and open the door, and try to bait out the enemies.

One of the big problems with that game for me is that some builds are just straight up shit - specifically two handled fighters. Since two of the characters come specced towards that - Oghren and Sten - they're pretty much a bad choice to bring to a fight. They have decent damage output, but not near the longevity they need when standing in the front and getting punched by ogres. You need a shield warrior for tanking, a mage for teh heals and crowd control and a rogue for lockpicking and trap stuff, so the two handled warrior can be a good choice for the fourth member of the party, but if your main character isn't one of those three first classes, Oghren and Sten simply end up with no utility.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #18 on: 14 Oct 2013, 06:42 »

My current group consists of my Main Char (Rogue focussing on bow), Alistair, Sten and Morrigan. I've been using the last two level ups for Morrigan to give her some healing capacity, but I should have started it sooner. And the thing with potions is that I don't find any elfroot anymore, so I can't craft new potions. Also the merchants have an absurd low amount of potions in stock and never seem to restock. I probably should start over, or at least play the mage tower again, but I really don't want to go through the effort again. Meh.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #19 on: 14 Oct 2013, 10:51 »

The trader in the elven forest always has infinite amounts of elfroot available. The trader in the mage's tower always has infinite amounts of lyrium dust.

(click to show/hide)

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #20 on: 22 Oct 2013, 10:57 »

lol - so, yeah, I pre-ordered Arkham Origins, and will be picking it up on Friday. 

I had no idea that my title would lead to such blatant derailing.

:laugh:

My blog

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #21 on: 03 Nov 2013, 07:59 »

No spoilery review:

Controls are tight (tighter than its predecessors), gameplay is fun and frantic, well paced so far and while there is a tutorial period, you're not beat over the head with it.  Very good stuff so far.  More to add later, and maybe spoilers then.  We'll see.

My blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up