THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Supremacy 1914  (Read 2657 times)

TheEvilDog

Supremacy 1914
« on: 04 Nov 2013, 14:57 »

Anyone interested in having a QC game of 1914?

Basically, its a real time strategy game where players take on a randomly determined country from the First World War based on the map chosen. Played it a couple of years back, and its pretty fun - games can last a month and there's plenty of opportunity for backstabbing and sneaky alliances.

The game is pretty much free to play (actually the only thing you might ever buy are "Goldmarks", the standard boost production or sabotage fare. To be honest, you don't even need them).

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
Re: Supremacy 1914
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2013, 15:06 »

link?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2 on: 04 Nov 2013, 15:19 »

I'd be interested but would like more details.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

TheEvilDog

« Reply #3 on: 04 Nov 2013, 15:54 »

Supremacy 1914, there are screenshots, which shows the layout of the game.

Like I said, games tend to go one for a few weeks at a time (It can take several hours to send troops from one town to another), but you also don't have to worry about micro-managing things all the time. The forces involved are predominantly infantry, though by the endgame, you can get start building tanks and battleships.

Depending on the size of the game, players get an even number of territories/cities, with each city providing you with the resources you need for the game. You can improve your territory with the likes of habours, railroads and factories.

Its in depth, its challenging and its pretty much guaranteed to devolve into a mass of backstabbing and backroom alliances.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 2013, 16:27 »

So it looks a lot like HoI or Victoria II, do you start off with allies or do you forge them? 
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

TheEvilDog

« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov 2013, 01:28 »

From what I can remember, there are two types of alliance, the one which you can in-game to suit your advantages (like Sweden allying with the Ottoman Empire because frankly, they're on opposite sides of the map) and then there are game based alliance, which is a specific game with historically accurate alliances.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #6 on: 09 Nov 2013, 15:38 »

I haven't played 1914 in a long time. I remember it being a lot of fun, although a little long-term for my tastes at the time (hence the stopping).

I've got a little too much on my plate to make this feasible, but I'd recommend it for anyone with a little more time on their hands.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 Nov 2013, 17:40 »

i might be up for this
Pages: [1]   Go Up