Green Eggs and Spathe Ham
- 6 (4%)
Waffles with 30oz Coffee
- 9 (6%)
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
- 6 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2578-2582 (18-22 November 2013) Weekly Comics Discussion Thread  (Read 38790 times)

greywolfe

• Balloon animal serial killer

Marten is the ultimate NTR recipient waiting to happen. It's mildly depressing how aggressively passive he is.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

I sincerely doubt Marten would stand for being cuckolded... dude has a spine when he wants to or needs to.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

You could argue that having a spine is what caused Dora to finally leave him.

But that argument closed several threads around the time of the breakup, so...
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Is that argument controversial? That was before my time.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Marten is the ultimate NTR recipient waiting to happen. It's mildly depressing how aggressively passive he is.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ntr
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

lot_jockey

• Emoticontraindication

"We ran into one of my old fuck-buddies. I think it freaked Dora out."

It seems like Tai might have missed Dora's second hang-up (or at least did not overtly mention it to Marten): comparing exes is a no-no. Tai says nothing about that argument.

"I'm sorry, is it weird to come to you for dating advice about your ex-girlfriend?"

Yes, yes it is.

TheEvilDog

Is that argument controversial? That was before my time.

I believe that time on the forums could be summed up as a "cluster fuck to end all cluster fucks". You look at other points where you might expect the forum to act up, then ramp up the dial to around 16 and throw in that weeks WCDT getting 10-15 pages in one night and you might approach how things were during the "Break Up" If I remember right, it was pretty much the catalyst needed for the shakedown on the forum, new mods and admins, lots of threads being closed and a couple of the worst troublemakers getting banned. It felt like if you said something, another contrarian would crop up and be offended by Marten, Dora, the implication of Dora snottily crying into Faye's jacket or some other asinine minor point at the time.

aliensporebomb

• Larger than most fish

First post but recent insinuations sure makes it seem like Marten's mother had all of her female co-workers take him aside on his 14th birthday and teach him to kiss properly or else.  Maybe.

Okay, sorry, that's just crazy.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Actually, that wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility...

Not bad for a first post. Welcome! (And, since it was the subject of a previous post, you might want to read up on the forum rules. There are some... things... that are frowned upon because of what happened back during The Breakup.)
Just another Joe like 46

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Welcome, new person!

This is, come to think of it, the mother who gave him a bottle of lotion for his bedroom when he was 12.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile

First post but recent insinuations sure makes it seem like Marten's mother had all of her female co-workers take him aside on his 14th birthday and teach him to kiss properly or else.  Maybe.

Okay, sorry, that's just crazy.

it's crazy to assume that it was only the female co-workers.

greywolfe

You could argue that having a spine is what caused Dora to finally leave him.

But that argument closed several threads around the time of the breakup, so...

Yeah but then he's straight into 'yeah its totally cool to hang out with my ex and, oh, my boss is doing my ex and talking to me about it'. That is not cool and not good for your mental processes.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

How do I word it without giving away too much of my personal life...

There are people who can deal with it better than others. It can work. I am not saying it usually does, not even that it won't usually fail,  or that Marten in particular is a good candidate for that. Just that it can work.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Yeah but then he's straight into 'yeah its totally cool to hang out with my ex and, oh, my boss is doing my ex and talking to me about it'. That is not cool and not good for your mental processes.

Marten is many months (comic time - three years our time) down the line from Dora; some people are just able to let go after a while, you know, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

KOK

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • We are many who are few

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ntr

None of which seem relevant. Wikipedia has a bunch of other meanings, all just as irrelevant as far as I can see.
Quote from: Marten
You're cute when you're reasonable.

aliensporebomb

• Larger than most fish

Not bad for a first post. Welcome! (And, since it was the subject of a previous post, you might want to read up on the forum rules. There are some... things... that are frowned upon because of what happened back during The Breakup.)

I suspect but I'm pretty new to the whole thing.  Someone posted one of the strips (a recent one) to their facebook wall and I started at #1 and went thru the whole thing in a breathless two day furious read.  Talk about sucked in.  Why do I care so much about what happens to cartoon characters?

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

I suspect but I'm pretty new to the whole thing.  Someone posted one of the strips (a recent one) to their facebook wall and I started at #1 and went thru the whole thing in a breathless two day furious read.  Talk about sucked in.  Why do I care so much about what happens to cartoon characters?

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! :D

Seriously, welcome! And go ahead and post a "welcome thread" over in the "Hi, I'm New" subforum.
Just another Joe like 46

RightInTheSquishyParts

• Favorite Random Number Is 22.7

You've only read it through once?        Come back when you can remember utterly inane details from 1500 strips ago (complete with supporting quote and strip number).    :-D

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

I've read them only three times or so and still don't remember the relevant strip numbers (except 500 and 1800). I do sometimes remember weird details, though, and I usually remember the general story arc they are in.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

RightInTheSquishyParts

I've read them only three times or so and still don't remember the relevant strip numbers (except 500 and 1800). I do sometimes remember weird details, though, and I usually remember the general story arc they are in.

I can't do it either for all that I've read the series through several times.   ;)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

I've only read through once (and thaf was when there werw only 800 or so), but I'll sometimes read a bunch in a row.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RightInTheSquishyParts

In a tip of the metaphorical hat, based on what I've learned from observing this forum...  I threw out this line in a tabletop RPG Friday Night at my local friendly game-store (open-table night.)

The character is an alien doing a survey for a large corporation:

"Of the two primary genders currently identified on this planet and the 29,147 intergalactic-ly recognized trans-gender, trans-sexual, and 'misc' configurations currently on file... what is your stated preference for a partner?"

Apparently I hit the right note with that because I had people at other gaming tables come up to me and comment (all positive) comments on my inclusive statement when I was done with the scene.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine

In the lesbian community, if you couldn't date a friend's ex, no one would ever date anyone. The scene is small enough that it's almost impossible to not end up dating someone a friend dated or slept with. Even if wasn't cool with it naturally (which I am) I'd be used to it by now. Giving advice to a friend on dating an ex is par for course. No big deal, especially if it's been several months and there's been another relationship since the break up.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

aliensporebomb

• Larger than most fish

My thoughts?  Marten is passive but he's not a pushover.  I think he's come to terms the thing with Dora is well over and he's probably cool with discussing some things in general but possibly not specifically.  Does that help?

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Murder and Mayhem .......... 14 (9.4%)
THE RETURN OF WIL! .......... 14 (9.4%)
Guest appearance by a Platoon of Marines .......... 10 (6.7%)
More Tai and Dora cuteness .......... 40 (26.8%)
Band Practice .......... 7 (4.7%)
Spiders from Mars .......... 4 (2.7%)
Dale the Rookie .......... 25 (16.8%)
Faye goes power mad .......... 12 (8.1%)
Pintsize .......... 2 (1.3%)
Green Eggs and Spathe Ham .......... 6 (4%)
Waffles with 30oz Coffee .......... 9 (6%)
Purple Monkey Dishwasher .......... 6 (4%)
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Does that help?
It does! Welcome to the forum, ASB!

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up