THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post your favorite response gifs/images!  (Read 2209 times)

UniqueNewYork

• Balloon animal serial killer
Post your favorite response gifs/images!
« on: 05 Dec 2013, 08:17 »

Data:
>"I will always be puzzled by the human predilection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities."
Picard, later:
>"Well, Data, time for some unsafe velocities..."

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Post your favorite response gifs/images!
« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec 2013, 09:37 »

Saying things crudely with images instead of effectively with words?  There's a reason I like to discourage image macros and similar memes...  In any case, we have a pointless thread for this sort of thing (though frankly that's also going downhill at present).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #2 on: 05 Dec 2013, 10:29 »

So you don't agree that a picture can say a thousand words? We're actually severely limited in our expression on the internet, due to the lack of body language and facial expressions, so it's no wonder reaction gifs are so popular.

Anyway, I thought the pointless thread had always been at the bottom of the hill.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3 on: 05 Dec 2013, 10:33 »

A picture can be worth a thousand words, but it's question of whether those words are actually worth saying.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #4 on: 05 Dec 2013, 11:03 »

Aw, I like them.

Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.
Pages: [1]   Go Up