THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did Jeph Abandon a major story arc after 2307 and the hand stabbing incident?  (Read 5147 times)

freeman

• Balloon animal serial killer

Hello everyone and sorry if this has been discussed before.

After over an year has passed I feel this subject is safe to discuss in tactful way. When reading the archives, I can't help but think that something is missing after the incident page 2307 and the next normal page 2318. For the very least there might have been one more Marigold page on the works but who knows. As the strips are mostly scripted as they are drawn, this is kind of moot to think it, but can we rule out a chance of a major plot element being discarded in the process -like marigoldXmarten fling for example?

Has this been asked before, has Jeph mentioned anything about the incident after that. I have not followed his tumblr regularly. This could maybe be material worth adding to the wiki, even by me (in neutral and informative manner of course), if the hive mind can prove the appropriate sources.
Man!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

The party was a series of vignettes - I don't see that anything was abandoned.  As for Marten x Marigold, nothing has happened since to suggest that Jeph had it in mind, so maybe he just didn't; and remember, in this forum we stick to Jeph's pairings with no speculation beyond that which Jeph himself feeds us.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

It's possible that we would have seen more of the party, but that doesn't mean it would've gone any differently.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Welcome, new person!

I don't actually know but it's a good guess that it was always intended to be a "Marten is awkward" standalone joke.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LookingIn

• FIGHT YOU

He didn't abandon it in so much as he set it aside for a while and it appears that he is finally retouching the Marigold being fearful of herself now with the Dale/Marigold relationship.

freeman

• Balloon animal serial killer

and remember, in this forum we stick to Jeph's pairings with no speculation beyond that which Jeph himself feeds us.

You are right. I have been on a Gunnerkrigg Court archive dive and forgot that in this comic the feed is actually explicit, we actually see the things that suggest where the story will advance, whereas in GC it's more like:
"see, she has been wearing that headband ever since the party incident to appear more feminine and straight; the dialogue had sexual undertones!" or
"we know this is a dream sequence yet she does not have her scar, this means it must be someone else dreaming of being her instead!" or  even
"look there's a semicolon, it clearly marks hesitation when she says she's not interested!" and my favorite:
"Real Kat's hair is slightly longer."

What's more, things gets even worse when a new book cover gets uploaded, because they look like THIS; people get nuts with speculation. Before I thought QC was a big tease, now I never complain, at least I know what's happening without reading the forum.
Man!

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

and remember, in this forum we stick to Jeph's pairings with no speculation beyond that which Jeph himself feeds us.

You are right.

Just to make it clear - that was not an observation, but a reminder of the rule.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

It is a more important rule than you'd expect from experience on other forums.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: [1]   Go Up