THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 04:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ultimate Hi Def Next Gen Console thread (internet connection required)  (Read 40775 times)

ackblom12

Little bit of odd news concerning the PS4 launch date for Japan. They won't be getting the system until Feb 22, 2014. That's quite a wait for their home turf.

Edit: Huh, looks like I might actually get a Vita then. PS Vita TV Announced at About $99
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2013, 07:38 by ackblom12 »

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.

Well, looks like I . . . *SIGHS*. . . caved and bought an Xbone.

I only did this after learning that I'd have to wait until 2014 for a PS4.

I am not a proud man. It only rook the salesman ten minutes to have me trading in my old xbox. Still, got $250 trade in on that plus peripherals. So woo.

Now excuse me while I renew my xbox live and cry in the shower.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

ackblom12

DualShock 4′s Analog Sticks & Buttons Will Work Just Fine With PCs for Basic Functions

This is good news for me, considering I think my 360 controller is maybe on it's way out.

ackblom12

Video overview of the new features for Xbox Live for the One.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

Jesus high-faluting Christ, Polygon's review of the PS4 (yes you read that right) is so grandiose and ostentatious, the Animations section in MS Powerpoint is looking at it and saying "Gee, that's a bit much."
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

I entered the Konami Code and got three extra lives. Not sure what those do, but now to read the review!
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page

Jesus high-faluting Christ, Polygon's review of the PS4 (yes you read that right) is so grandiose and ostentatious, the Animations section in MS Powerpoint is looking at it and saying "Gee, that's a bit much."

That's one impressive article.
I dunno..

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.

I got one (Because I'm a shallow bugger, and wanted one now instead of waiting for a 2014 PS4) And it's not a bad console at all, so far. Obviously the majority of the jousting between the ps4 and the xbone is going to be apps and functionality, rather than game exclusives and online, seeing as they're mostly similar in those regards.

Honestly, I do hope that the PS4 majorly outsells the xbone at launch. Microsoft could use the little extra salt in the wounds as an object lesson, and to make sure they remember what happened, hopefully they remember to be consumer focused because of it.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

blacksinow

• Curry sauce

Between the PS4 and the X-Boner, I would really prefer that the Wii-U make some improvements.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Is it just me, or is the Wii U this generation's Dreamcast?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

blacksinow

• Curry sauce

Is it just me, or is the Wii U this generation's Dreamcast?

I liked the dreamcast actually, had one and played PSO like, all the time!

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

That wasn't a shot at the Dreamcast, but you can't deny that it was stuck between generations.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

blacksinow

• Curry sauce

I think the problem is, it was a tad too gimicky with the controller cartridges and all. If Sega had put as much into advertising and publicity as Nintendo, the Dreamcast would've likely been a force to be reckoned with. Supposedly, after the Dreamcast flubbed in the west, it continued to soar in Japan. Though I can't say I'm shocked at that idea.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up