THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars: Rebels  (Read 38499 times)

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: Star Wars: Rebels
« Reply #50 on: 24 Mar 2014, 16:26 »

I thought they did with Ashoka
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, but there's no way she's just gonna leave it there.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #51 on: 24 Mar 2014, 16:45 »

Well, then 2 months later she came with the realization that she misses the order but order 66 happens and since anakin is behind it all she goes with it about the order trying to perform a coupe and just sticks with her own self until she dies of lightsaber radiation exposure.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #52 on: 20 Apr 2014, 07:09 »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #53 on: 26 Apr 2014, 03:17 »

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/04/lucasfilm-announces-the-future-of-the-star-wars-expanded-universe/

In short, the original EU is dead as of right now and a new unified canon will be in it's place. They might be keeping the Old Republic stuff because that came "before" the current setting. So all the Stackpole books including Rogue Squadron and I, Jedi, The Courtship of Princess Leia, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors and the rest of the "Dark Forces" crew, Mara Jade, and any million other characters from books, movies and games are gone. They'll still be in print (the books at least) via demand under the Legends series, but I'd expect that to rack the price up. So if you have favorite Star Wars EU books, you need to hop on Amazon and buy them NOW before the out of print scares really get rolling.

Curse you mouse! Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurse you!

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #54 on: 26 Apr 2014, 03:49 »

Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #55 on: 26 Apr 2014, 05:22 »

Welcome to a reboot, enjoy the ride (you don't enjoy the ride)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #56 on: 26 Apr 2014, 07:33 »

I'm really not surprised by this. I was pretty much expecting the EU plots to be thrown out or repurposed. They had always occupied a grey area anyway. I wonder though. The press release specifically mentions that they are talking about the post-Jedi works, which is where the new trilogy will be occupying in the timeline. So will pre- and mid- movie EU stuff still be valid? That would still give us the events of the Old Republic and various Lucasarts Star Wars games and related stories. Just not tying themselves into Han, Leia and Luke's kids, the Yuuzhan Vong and all of that stuff that came after it. Sadly it probably means fan favorites like Mara Jade will never see the light of movie screens now though.

As far as Rebels go... I'm really liking Hera the most out of the characters. I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around Sabine, the Mandalorian warrior/grafitti artist... Though her name makes me wonder if she had any relation to Duchess Satine from Clone Wars...

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #58 on: 05 May 2014, 11:27 »

I'm sold.  Haven't had star wars goosebumps like this in awhile.  :-D
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #59 on: 09 May 2014, 08:27 »

So I just finished clone wars- sort of (I skipped a few episodes). I think I will like this series better because space pirates>clones.

I am looking forward to this series. But then again, I look forward to anything involving lightsabers
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #60 on: 09 May 2014, 15:37 »

Honestly, I think the clones were the best part of The Clone Wars. The clone centric episodes were the best episodes

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991
« Reply #61 on: 11 May 2014, 04:17 »

I have to agree with you on that one. The clones are cool. Likeable. Although the Clone Wars are pretty Jedi-centric, clones and bounty hunters are pretty awesome too, usually involved in well-written and interesting story arcs. Not over powered. It's the muddied Jedi power-use that confuses me in certain episodes. But I suppose the prequels were like that anyway.

I'm on Season 2 now, does Ahsoka become less annoying in time?

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch
« Reply #62 on: 11 May 2014, 12:50 »

Sort of?

You do get used to her, but yeah I didn't quite like her until the end.

My favorite part of the series is
(click to show/hide)
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #63 on: 11 May 2014, 13:50 »

I just finished up season 5 last night.  So whats left is season 6 which never aired if I recall.  Some of the episodes are just too cliche and dumb down for my liking.  And some of the stories and arcs are too stale, lacking emotion or allow you to forget there is really a war at all.  There are some story arcs and stand alone episodes that are just brilliant.  Like the Onderon rebellion story arc was amazing.  Unlike watching the clones get picked off one by one in an episode, watching those rebels die made you feel something IMHO. It was also closer to the end of the series when they started to show people actually die on screen, and brutally at that. 

Also am I the only one who noticed how white washed the mandalorians are?

It would have been cooler/more interesting if the clones where actually random citizens in the republic. Then making the "clone wars" about an evil clone army attacking the republic (a la Uruk-hai from LotR) and the republic having to militarize.  This allowing Palpatine to seize power to establish order and win the war.  Centralizing the military from various armies of the republic into one big military loyal to him.  Later with his elite loyal citizen brigade called "storm troopers" to help wipe out the Jedi and secure his position in the government.

Just a note this is the standard Imperial Grunt:

Then the storm troopers were suppose to be the advanced assault troopers, best of the best.  You'd think they were the standard grunt and not the elite troopers/ person guard of the imperial elite the way they show them.

I'm on Season 2 now, does Ahsoka become less annoying in time?
As time goes by yes, but I fell like certain story arcs contradict lessons and experiences learned in previous episodes (sometimes the one right before the one you are watching).
« Last Edit: 11 May 2014, 14:09 by LeeC »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #64 on: 13 May 2014, 17:21 »

sooooo...season 6 AKA the "Netflix only" season of clone wars

just watched the first episode.  Wow. Like what the hell happened the the "kid friendly" attitude and writing of seasons 1-5.  It was completely gone! YAY!  :-D  This particular episode was pretty brutal. Palpatine sounded different, like a different voice actor.  The animation looks better than 1-5 too, way more details. Also barely any droid talk.

edit: It sounded like Tim Curry so I looked it up, yup they had him take over.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2014, 18:47 by LeeC »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #65 on: 15 May 2014, 06:44 »

He was at the end of the 5th season I think, at least when he confronted Maul

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #66 on: 21 Jul 2014, 18:52 »

So I finished Season 6 of CW today, the last 3 episodes are just amazing!

Now watching the movie that started up the CW series (I know I probably should have watched it first but whadda ya gonna do)
 :-P

Lupercal

« Reply #67 on: 22 Jul 2014, 08:31 »

I remember the movie being quite a bland introduction to the series, but I only watched it once, so I may be blanking the good parts.

Also, extended trailer. Strangely, Obi-Wan without exaggerated features is going to take some getting used to...

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #68 on: 22 Jul 2014, 09:33 »

That trailer is amazing.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #69 on: 22 Jul 2014, 09:47 »

It is. I am really psyched for the series to start up. To bad I won't be able to see it until it comes out on something other than Disney XD...

Lupercal

« Reply #70 on: 22 Jul 2014, 16:46 »

Can we hope Netflix will get it?

Lee - I know, right? I can't imagine how excited I'm going to be about the new film if I'm getting giddy over the TV series. This is a great time to be a Star Wars fan.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #71 on: 22 Jul 2014, 18:53 »

I imagine Netflix will pick it up in a year or so. That's about how long I had to wait to see Tron Legacy. It's still going to be a pain to have everyone talking about it when I can't see it though.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #72 on: 05 Oct 2014, 19:55 »

Saw the pilot episode.  Not sure how I feel about it.  The pace was too fast in my opinion with a lot of cliche moments.  Seems rough around the edges but most pilot episodes are (shoot the first season of Parks and Rec was rough!).  Hoping it grows nicely.  Liked it way better than clone wars so far.

some nit picks:
Empire are big dicks for the sake of being dicks and are super incompetent to boot (no redeeming factors).
The ship gets in and out of places way too easily that its bothersome.
wow they just straight up kill imperials with no remorse.  Like ridiculously so.  They go through them like copy paper.

I know its a kids show and I am probably looking at it too harshly but wow.  :psyduck:

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #73 on: 06 Oct 2014, 09:03 »

I enjoyed the first two parter as well, but I do have to agree with a lot of the complaints you brought up. Scrambling signature and stealth fields or not, landing on a Star Destroyer without anyone noticing until you were on board is just silly. Agent Kallas makes a nice counter point to the incompetent bullies of the other imperial officers we see so far though. He's smart, loyal and not cartoonishly evil. Aside from the end bit of kicking one of his own men into a pit... Hopefully Ezra/Aladdin will grow into something more than a stereotype quickly. I know he's supposed to be the viewer surrogate but I find most of his character to just be annoying and way to tropey.

The art style.. I'll get used to it. I got used to and even appreciated Clone Wars. But the jarring mix of cartoony characters and by the movies Imperial designs is a bit jarring. Hopefully the pacing will get better as well. It really did seem they tried to fit a 90 minute movie into 44 minutes to make a two parter. There was to much speeding through plot lines to fit in everything they wanted to introduce. I think it probably would have been better to make a 3 part intro.

In all though, I look forward to seeing more. If only it wasn't exclusive to Disney XD.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #74 on: 06 Oct 2014, 09:30 »

Ezra pretty much is Aladdin.  They even refer to him as street rat! Not ally womprat or anything. He's gotta eat to live gotta live to eat...

Scrambling signature and stealth fields or not, landing on a Star Destroyer without anyone noticing until you were on board is just silly.
I know right?! it was just absurd!

Agent Kallas makes a nice counter point to the incompetent bullies of the other imperial officers we see so far though. He's smart, loyal and not cartoonishly evil.
I have high hopes for his character and I am praying he doesn't become demoted to just a side character that reports to the inquisitor guy.
Aside from the end bit of kicking one of his own men into a pit...
I know Vader just went though incompetent officers like crazy but seeing this was just awful.  Maybe I don't know ISB that well but again, going through storm troopers like copy paper.   :facepalm:

the jarring mix of cartoony characters and by the movies Imperial designs is a bit jarring.
The Storm trooper helmets just look ridiculous.  Like bobble heads.

I like the crew so far but I just do not like the design for the jedi dude.  The costume is great but his body looks like he was made of boxes.  Everyone else has a great design!  I hope Sabine doesn't become the stereotypical "crush" character for Aladdin.  The pilot (team mom) and the muscle dude seem pretty cool.

I hope the show finds its stride but yeah Disney XD is making me have to find other was of watching it...

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #75 on: 06 Oct 2014, 10:15 »

Hera, the pilot and Chopper are my favorites so far. It's even got me to play Star Wars The Old Republic with my long languishing Twi'lek smuggler...  I would think that Sabine and Zeb should stand out a lot more if they keep hitting Imperial outposts. I mean a young girl in pink Mando armor and a giant blueish alien should get some notices... I don't think Kallas will be shoved out of the spot light for the Inquisitor. They've apparently put a lot into his design and background. More that was revealed in this episode.

Storm Troopers were always pretty expendable in the movies too. What's the point of faceless mooks if you can't use them like tissues? We're not talking Jango clones at this point either. Just guys who joined up the military. Which honestly probably makes it worse that they are so expendable. I mean they've got to have families and stuff. Not just cloned warriors. The ISB can be pretty ruthless.. but killing a guy just because he make a joke when you were pissed... Pretty not cricket there. Kallas apparently has some anger issues.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #76 on: 18 Apr 2015, 20:38 »

I've only seen 3-4 episodes of the series but after seeing this trailer, i really need to pick it back up again.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #77 on: 19 Apr 2015, 05:55 »

Was going to post this video. :) I got seriously happy and excited watching this... I jumped up in my chair and shouted with glee when a certain Clone Wars alumni made his appearance... I think this season may well be even better than the first. It's a good time to be a Star Wars fan.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #78 on: 19 Apr 2015, 12:49 »

So, any bets on Vader and Ashoka winding up trading Sabre blows?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #79 on: 19 Apr 2015, 18:19 »

I would be surprised if they didn't, probably somewhere around the 3/4 mark of the season.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #80 on: 19 Apr 2015, 20:19 »

I wonder if we'll get a "I am your father!" moment between them or will she already know who he is/was.
James The Kugai 

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #81 on: 20 Apr 2015, 05:57 »

I would really like to see Asajj Ventress added to the cast at some point. Or at least find out what her fate turned out to be. Though I wonder if we haven't seen her in the trailer... The smaller, slimmer new inquisitor (?) they showed in the video was entirely masked, and the little bit of action they showed seemed like she was fighting in a style somewhat similar to Asajj. It's really just hopeful speculation on my part at this point... but I can see it making a certain amount of sense. I was kind of hoping after leaving their respective masters and groups behind and working together, Ahsoka and Asajj would team up in the bounty hunting business... But I could very much see Vader finding her and giving her the choice to join his Inquisitors or die. She is neither Jedi nor Sith but has great skill and mastery of the Force. She spent some time doing hunting work, the sort of thing an Inquisitor would be doing and she was often enough fairly successful when she was working for Count Dooku. Usually she was more than a match for anyone who wasn't a main character in the Clone Wars cartoon. Even then she would often fight both Obi Wan and Anakin to a standstill.

Mostly though, I just want to see more of my favorite character. :)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #82 on: 20 Apr 2015, 06:01 »

I have a feeling she'll show up at some point or another.

As for snips...I think Vader is going to kill her by the end of the season or so.

Again these are mere guesses as I haven't caught up, nor do I know how I could catch up.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #83 on: 21 Oct 2015, 09:34 »

Well, I came across this.  I really need to watch this show. Vader is down right scary.  If only I had a way of watching it.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #84 on: 21 Oct 2015, 09:54 »

I have the first season on DVD and it's well worth it. Some people are down on it because of it's simplified art style but I got past that. I feel you on not being able to watch it. I hate that they keep putting these great shows on Disney XD, I don't even have the option to get that channel. There are.. other options of course. I will say if you want to watch the show just for Vader, he only appears at the very end of Season 1 (like just a walk on as the show is closing) and in the one hour season 2 premier Siege of Lothal. He's not a recurring character in the show. And rightfully so. He's handled masterfully but he's way above the power curve for the cast as they are now.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #85 on: 15 Jan 2016, 11:22 »

I said it before and I'll say it again.  I really need to pick up this show.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #86 on: 15 Jan 2016, 11:43 »

I just watched and it is so awesome. I'm going to have to sit down soon and go scene by scene. There is so much info to unpack in that trailer, and it looks like it's going to be an awesome half season...

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #87 on: 19 Jan 2016, 18:16 »

I have to say... the narrower, more laser-beamy, lightsaber blades look vicious! In a good way!
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #88 on: 19 Jan 2016, 18:25 »

Okay, I need to acquire this.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #89 on: 20 Jan 2016, 06:32 »

The first season is out on DVD!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #90 on: 28 Mar 2016, 05:18 »

So....Ezra...."Old Master"... Kanan...

(click to show/hide)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #91 on: 31 Mar 2016, 06:03 »

Shit went down yesterday, some real shit went down.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #92 on: 04 Apr 2016, 18:33 »

Contains a small spoiler for anyone who has yet to see the Vader/Asoka face-off.

(click to show/hide)
James The Kugai 

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #93 on: 04 Apr 2016, 18:48 »

Yeah, it was pretty intense. It was pretty much 'Second movie in the trilogy' levels of intense. And like Empire Strikes Back, nobody walked out unscathed. They really  hit their marks a lot faster with Rebels than they did with Clone Wars, which should be no surprise to anyone. Now the agony of waiting till the new season arrives later this year.

(click to show/hide)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #94 on: 16 Jul 2016, 12:06 »

Season 3.

Three words:
Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #95 on: 16 Jul 2016, 22:50 »

It's exciting that they're rescuing Thrawn from the dustbin of the old EU, but kind of a waste to use him in Rebels.  This is only a few years before Episode IV, isn't it?  So he'll get a few episodes/a full season to be a bad-ass, only to have his accomplishments swept under the rug by the time A New Hope takes place.   He would work so much better as a post-RotJ villain, as he was originally.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #96 on: 24 Nov 2016, 04:58 »

I'm hoping that Thrawn will be as significant a figure in the post-RoTJ revised canon as he was in the old EU, maybe even more significant. Maybe he was the reason (either by intent or simply due to the fact of his presence) that the old Rebel leadership was marginalised by the New Republic.

In my current headcanon, he was responsible for the 'birth' of Lord Snoke as a threat by arranging the assassination of Sabine Wren, Duchess of Mandalore and wife of Jedi Master Ezra Bridger.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #97 on: 24 Nov 2016, 13:17 »

I'm hoping that Thrawn will be as significant a figure in the post-RoTJ revised canon as he was in the old EU, maybe even more significant. Maybe he was the reason (either by intent or simply due to the fact of his presence) that the old Rebel leadership was marginalised by the New Republic.

In my current headcanon, he was responsible for the 'birth' of Lord Snoke as a threat by arranging the assassination of Sabine Wren, Duchess of Mandalore and wife of Jedi Master Ezra Bridger.

But "When I am gone, the last of the Jedi will you be ..."? (E.g. I vaguely recall that being an item of discussion between Luke & Mara when they encounter Joruus C'Baoth ... though that was EU)

There can't be any (Order-trained) Jedi prior to RoTJ, no? (Probably not even prior to A new Hope, though technically, nobody ever said that Ben & Yoda were the last Order-trained survivors until RoTJ)

That's also a minor peeve of mine about Rebels: Jedi apprentices all over the place. You know they'll all either die, or fall to the dark side.  :oops:
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #98 on: 24 Nov 2016, 13:43 »

Or that Yoda didn't know about them. Remember that after Order 66 the Jedi who did not die scattered to far planets and went into hiding. Many probably forswore/hid their abilities like Kanan did. Yoda and Obi-wan knew of each other and the Skywalker children since they were there together at the end. They had no idea if anyone else had survived. Obi-wan sent out a Holocron message, the one Kanan had, warning everyone to go into hiding. And some must exist, since there is an entire order of Inquisitors devoted to finding and then either recruiting or killing them. They can't spend all their time finding untrained force users in the Imperial Academies or hunting down force sensitive infants. Which is the other thing, though technically true. There are plenty of other force sensitive beings and younglings out there who were never Jedi. Some might argue that it might be time for the Jedi to fade out and a new order of force users to take it's place.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #99 on: 24 Nov 2016, 23:43 »

That Yoda line is a huge continuity sword hanging over things, isn't it? Kanan and Ezra's very existence strikes me as potentially an enormous continuity flaw. If I'd been involved in the creation of Rebels, I would have fought tooth-and-nail against having any Jedi in it other than a possible Obi-Wan cameo because of this. I would argue that it wasn't necessary to tell the story of the early day of the various uprisings against the Empire.

One explanation (and one that I like) is that Yoda was quite capable of lying by omission if need be and that, by keeping Ezra and Luke away from each other, he was trying to create a 'firewall' where one falling or getting killed would only minimally endanger the other. I did get the impression in ESB and RotJ that Yoda felt that Luke was an imperfect tool at best and he thus wasn't likely to take his last Padawan into his confidence about the back-up Jedi involved with one of the other Rebel factions.

Another possibility is that Kanan was so good at masking his Force signature (and taught Ezra to do the same) that Yoda wasn't aware of them.

The final possibility is that Yoda was a bit of a snob; in his view, anyone not trained by a Temple-recognised Master and anyone not recognised as a Jedi by a Master of the Order weren't really 'Jedi'. So, Ezra and Ashoka were just force-using renegades, not true Jedi.

The simple fact that Rebels is prominently placed in the official canon suggests that Ezra's story is going to turn out to be super-significant for the long-term continuity of Star Wars, which is why I suspect that he and the crew of the Ghost are going to turn out to have a significant influence in Sequel Trilogy events.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up