THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 08:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Supernatural  (Read 2911 times)

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
Supernatural
« on: 05 Jan 2014, 23:47 »

I resisted for the longest time, but finally caved and started watching it on Netflix. Just a few episodes in I was hooked but skipped from near the end of Season 1 to season 4 to get to the good stuff with Castiel and his brethren. Season 4 was just plain awesome, with a great deal of drama and pretty good choices wrt both plot and character development--not to mention a lot of fun and humor--but the ending was a bit meh and I'm kinda ambivalent about the first few eps of season 5 due to some of the plotting as well as the way the writers are suddenly fumbling a little with Castiel.

To those of you who've followed--and enjoyed!--this show: should I slog on through this season or skip ahead to some other season?
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
Re: Supernatural
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2014, 08:23 »

I was hooked but skipped from near the end of Season 1 to season 4

..  :psyduck:
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2014, 09:00 »

The extent of my knowledge of "Supernatural" is this scene
and one later
(click to show/hide)
but I hear its like X files mixed with buffey the vampire slayer
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2014, 09:13 »

I love Supernatural, not a crazy amount but it's enjoyable, but it probably should have ended a while ago.

I resisted for the longest time, but finally caved and started watching it on Netflix. Just a few episodes in I was hooked but skipped from near the end of Season 1 to season 4 to get to the good stuff with Castiel and his brethren. Season 4 was just plain awesome, with a great deal of drama and pretty good choices wrt both plot and character development--not to mention a lot of fun and humor--but the ending was a bit meh and I'm kinda ambivalent about the first few eps of season 5 due to some of the plotting as well as the way the writers are suddenly fumbling a little with Castiel.

To those of you who've followed--and enjoyed!--this show: should I slog on through this season or skip ahead to some other season?

Man, don't skip that stuff. It all works up to it.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jan 2014, 10:32 »

Don't skip anything! Go back and watch all of it!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2014, 13:55 »

I'll def. go back check out season 3! But before that I think I'm gonna take a break and catch up on Warehouse 13, because season 6 is feeling very meh so far.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2014, 15:57 »

Season 6 starts off meh but it does get better. I honestly stopped watching for a long time because I knew the story was supposed to only be 5 seasons long and that they just kept going because it was popular, but actually it's still quite good. The current season is very interesting, imo, and like all of the other seasons, it does build on things brought up in the past seasons. Also some awesome characters are introduced in seasons 6 and 7! Like Charlie, who shows up in 7.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:
Pages: [1]   Go Up