THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 12:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 80   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Blog Thread IIIa : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 121448 times)

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface
Re: Re: Blog Thread IIIa : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #200 on: 24 Aug 2010, 15:30 »

NO!  Which is why I'm so angry.  I once got a ticket for rolling through a stop sign, whatever I payed it.  But, I drive like a (stereotypical slow person) and it bugs the crap out of me that there is virtually no way to defend yourself if you get wrongfully stopped for speeding..  No witnesses, no wacky dry-erase diagrams, nothing.  I'm not going to brood about it, though.  Hopefully I'll move to Canada or at least out of state in a year.  Where, the police have something better to do than issue three times as many DUI's than nearby Seattle or Portland.  Low serious crime is nice, but I get bothered by the police pretty disproportionately compared to most people I know.  I'm a very law abiding citizen.  I look young and have long hair, but that's it.  I even dress pretty conservatively.  I don't dislike the police because I see them as oppressive authority figures, I have several friends in law enforcement who are good guys.  I dislike the police because they are generally jerks to me for no reason.  At least in Boise.

I also find Cop Killer funny because of all the LEO roles Ice T took on after the fact.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #201 on: 24 Aug 2010, 15:33 »

Cop showed, $85.  Now I'm listening to Body Count.

$85 isn't too bad.  My dad said he got a $550 speeding ticket in June (I think the officer may've been a little harsher than he had to be, though, because evidently he smelled my mom's medical marijuana and made her show him her papers?).

Regardless, a ticket you don't deserve sucks.

[EDIT: added quote because of page break]

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #202 on: 24 Aug 2010, 15:48 »

I've never had any problems with the police in Boise.

Zingoleb

« Reply #203 on: 24 Aug 2010, 16:20 »

I've had cops (The Chief of Police, no less!) threaten to arrest me for playing guitar.

Meanwhile drug deals happen on Main St. and jack shit happens about it.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #204 on: 24 Aug 2010, 17:29 »

Okay so there is this insanely pretty girl that lives in my dorm (I moved out). We got to talking and I asked her what kind of music she likes, and she smiled and looked down into the table and said "well, I, um, I like punk rock." "Oh really? I do too! What kind?"

"I'm really fond of early '80s Washington DC hardcore, I know it's kind of specific so you might not have heard of it"

I swear to God almighty that if you do not seal the deal with this lady I will punch you forever

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #205 on: 24 Aug 2010, 21:30 »

Come on man, your arm would get tired eventually.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #206 on: 25 Aug 2010, 02:32 »

Taped another episode of my music show today. Came out nice despite some stress from the musician being late and one of my crew not showing (which was mostly my fault because I didn't follow up call him, so I'm not upset). But the singer got there in time to run a full taping, and the crew I did have really pulled together and that's really satisfying. I have a small backlog of episodes I need to edit, now, but at least that means I'll be able to put out some shows on a regular basis for a short while.

School started this week as well, and I'm only taking 2 classes, a repeat of Advanced TV Production (this is encouraged for experience, I received an A in this class in the Spring), and Intermediate Adobe After Effects which also covers some 3d creation software. Lots of hands-on with both classes.

Since I have such a light load, I've decided that this semester is the perfect time to develop an idea I have for creating movies (and other narrative formats) that randomize various story elements, yet playback with consistent continuity. Theoretically, I could have a feature length film with over a billion playback combinations, for example. My goals are 1) to build the programming in an off-the-shelf software environment (I'm pretty sure Flash will work for this), 2) Create the system for building a filmable script, 3) Make a short film that has at least 1 million combos, 4) write up a patent application.

I figure this means I have to join the crazy inventor union now.

In other news, my uncle who repeatedly falls for internet scams is about to move into his own place in town, so at least he won't be in my mother's direct hair anymore. He's run out of money besides his social security, and he needs all that to get this senior apartment and live on, so while he's still talking to at least 3 different scam teams, he's consistently telling them he's not sending any more to them, and so far this appears to be true.

What's ironic is that at one point, he told one scam team about another scam saying "hey, if we send the money we've raised so far to these guys and get their jackpot, then we'll have enough money to pay your fees!" When they replied that it was obviously a scam, he believed them. Oy.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #207 on: 25 Aug 2010, 03:38 »

Man, the police tried to fine me for biking ten meters on the sidewalk (from the crosswalk lights to my front door), and when cab drivers nearly run me over? No where to be found.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #208 on: 25 Aug 2010, 06:11 »

Today I was going to go for a walk and take photos of stuff because it was a lovely day. But my camera wouldn't work, which makes me sad because I want a new camera anyway, but it will be a while because it will be a fancy expensive one and not a little point-and-shoot, so I will be stuck with my phone camera for a while which is shit. Then I got a call from one of the girls I work with to see if I could work at a different cafe that we are friends with because our old boss (who works there now) was sick. So I went and worked. That cafe is pretty damn slow and boring, but I got $150 for it, so now I have $500 in my camera (and possibly bike) fund. Still not enough to buy one just yet, but still getting closer!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #209 on: 25 Aug 2010, 07:54 »

Once you go DSLR you never return from thar
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #210 on: 25 Aug 2010, 15:37 »

oh goodie, i can finally check "see a moth OD on heroin" off my bucket list

:|
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Zingoleb

« Reply #211 on: 25 Aug 2010, 18:41 »

not sure how  flipped over the handlebars and landed on the back of my head

well i ddo caus its raining and there was another bike dude i dod not see

but my glasses broke and now i am in p an

oh god

Zingoleb

« Reply #212 on: 25 Aug 2010, 18:59 »

tyin condoms together is hard

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #213 on: 25 Aug 2010, 21:42 »

Just saved my friend who is leaving for harvard in a few hours from bringing this bedspread with him. We were looking at some girl's dorm pictures on facebook who had the same sheets when he asked us (seven girls) if they were too girly for a guy, to which we responded by lots of shouting and a demand to make an emergency trip to bed bath and beyond to buy him some non-gay bedsheets, thirteen minutes before closing time.
I am glad we saved our friend from cockblocking himself, even if his dad picked them out because they were "beautiful"
it's time to stop posting

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #214 on: 25 Aug 2010, 22:53 »

Oh man you made a good save, Anna.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #215 on: 25 Aug 2010, 22:56 »

Oh my. Those are... different.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #216 on: 26 Aug 2010, 02:20 »

I liked them?

Also does Zing have concussion?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #217 on: 26 Aug 2010, 02:33 »

But Jimmy, you are beautiful.  Just like those sheets. <3
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #218 on: 26 Aug 2010, 02:38 »

Concussed, high on painkillers, or completely, belligerently wasted.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #219 on: 26 Aug 2010, 05:01 »

America, I have changed my mind. Don't nationalise your healthcare! If you get sick anywhere other than your home town you will remain untreated!

Damn the NHS. Damn the size of this city. Damn whatever is wrong with my legs (but I may never know because NO ONE WILL SEE ME).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #220 on: 26 Aug 2010, 08:45 »

Aw man I would be so thrilled to pounce a boy with those bed sheets.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #221 on: 26 Aug 2010, 09:10 »

I wish I kept my Jurassic Park bedsheets that I used to have
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #222 on: 26 Aug 2010, 09:15 »

I have had sex on babar the elephant, star wars, jurassic park, harry potter, and suns with sunglasses.
YEAH

Ps- Looks like I'm going to be homelessish come September, woohoo.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Zingoleb

« Reply #223 on: 26 Aug 2010, 11:03 »

I liked them?

Also does Zing have concussion?

they look like sheets we stop at walmart so negative associations and i go 'erk'

also if that was about the condom it was cause i don't have anything in my freezer or any sandwich bags or anything so I filled a condom with water and tied it off to freeze it, but it's like tying a balloon that's slathered in lube

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #224 on: 26 Aug 2010, 12:13 »

I like them, but I tend to think purple is the best color. If I met a guy with them, I'd probably assume he felt the same way. Or possibly that his mom bought them.

I am getting an old job back when I go back to school, yay! I'll be working in the art office again a few hours a week with two of the best people I've ever worked with. Hopefully next week when I hear about my interview from the beginning of the month, I'll have that job, too, and I'll be set. Also I move out in 3 weeks! I am excited! Yay change!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #225 on: 26 Aug 2010, 13:47 »

They are pretty normal bedsheets, but if a lebanese boy tried to seduce a girl by welcoming her into his bedroom with like his Glee poster hanging over his bed covered in bold purple circles then I don't know if he would be successful.
it's time to stop posting

Ptommydski

« Reply #226 on: 26 Aug 2010, 13:51 »

At the point where a chick sees your bedsheets, it's probably already a done deal.

Legitimately though, I think those are fine and I've owned purple sheets before which were reasonably similar.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #227 on: 26 Aug 2010, 15:48 »

They are pretty normal bedsheets, but if a lebanese boy tried to seduce a girl by welcoming her into his bedroom with like his Glee poster hanging over his bed covered in bold purple circles then I don't know if he would be successful.

See, the sheets are fine. The problem is something else.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #228 on: 26 Aug 2010, 17:18 »

At the point where a chick sees your bedsheets, it's probably already a done deal.

You have obviously never lived in a dorm.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #229 on: 26 Aug 2010, 21:20 »

I think it's the pillow cases that were taking things over the top for me, not the bed spread. The patterns and combinations bother me more than any single detail.

Plus, if you get cock blocked, it's not going to be because of bedsheets. Good ol' cognitive dissonance dictates that a lot of people can very easily ignore minor details rather than admit they're about to bang someone with terrible taste.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Zingoleb

« Reply #230 on: 27 Aug 2010, 03:48 »

right well, think I'm gonna call into work despite how much I hate doing so because my neck's locked up to the point that turning my head = excruciating pain

ergh

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #231 on: 27 Aug 2010, 04:47 »

Good ol' cognitive dissonance dictates that a lot of people can very easily ignore minor details rather than admit they're about to bang someone with terrible taste.

I would think that depends on how far down the Road to BangingTM you are. Referring back to tommy's post, the typical dorm room is so tiny it is 25% bed, so any girl would know his taste in bedsheets well in advance. I can easily imagine someone going back to your place with the intention of having sex, but then on entering they make up an excuse about an early morning exam because you put on stupid music or something.

Once their hand is down your pants probably the only thing that could stop that train is if you turned out to be the wrong gender.

EDIT: Will Harry be annoyed by my mixed metaphors? Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2010, 05:54 by jhocking »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #232 on: 27 Aug 2010, 05:56 »

I now have a fancy name for the weirdness that is my lower legs, and an excuse to stay in bed all day except for the show - good, since I'm just constantly exhausted at the moment. But I am going to a concert tonight! One of my friends is playing here for one night only so I'm going to see him with the folk musicians from the show :)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Yayniall

• Bling blang blong blung
  • ◔ ◡ ◔
« Reply #233 on: 27 Aug 2010, 07:26 »

Cankles?

SonofZ3

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #234 on: 27 Aug 2010, 07:49 »

Blog Thread- Its that time of year for freezing/canning produce! Yesterday my fiance and canned 15 quarts of peaches, froze apple pie filling for 12 pies, and made 8 quarts of cooked apples in cinamon sugar syrup. Lucky for me the pears won't be ripe for another couple weeks. Anyway, its pleasing to see the rows and rows of jars from canning pickled green beans, stewed tomatoes, hot peppers, banana peppers and all the fruit lined up.
I've gained nothing from Zen.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #235 on: 27 Aug 2010, 08:36 »

My favorite of the kittens my lady has (we reconciled, I know it's stupid) died yesterday. Her name was Tardo (she was born with birth defects and we're insensitive fucks) and she was 4 weeks old. Earlier in the week, one of the older cats, a skittish calico, ate/drank some kind of toxic substance. Two in a fucking week, Jesus Christ.

Fortunately, Tardo's brothers, Tupac and Biggie, appear to be healthy. I just liked Tardo most because she was the only tuxedo out of the litter (Tupac and Biggie are black, distinguished from each other by Biggie's fatness), therefore the cutest thing ever, and because she had a significantly sweeter disposition.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Graphite

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • the final frontier?!
« Reply #236 on: 27 Aug 2010, 10:24 »

Today I saw Joss Whedon speak live and was pretty pleased with this. He has the most remarkable self-deprecating arrogance; he's really entertaining to watch when jokingly talking himself up. My friend prepared a letter for him in advance, and asked one of the organisers to pass it on to him, and was generally an adorable fanboy.

Next week, Neil Gaiman and Shaun Tan. This lit festival is the best thing.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2010, 10:27 by Graphite »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #237 on: 27 Aug 2010, 15:20 »

Cankles?

Erythema nodosum, which is latin for "red patches and lumps". Well I knew that. It's good though because I was fairly sure walking round and round the Royal Mile giving out flyers was not doing it any favours, but now I have a medical opinion to back me up.

In other news the concert was nice :) But today is the last day of a festival that, other than last year, I'd been to every year of my life and I'm feeling very nostalgic about it. Feels like a chapter in my life has closed itself without my noticing it.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #238 on: 27 Aug 2010, 18:47 »

Job orientation was great today. Two people I know were in it, and another dude I know already did his last week. God, I feel so much better going into this job than I did with Home Depot. Knowing somebody there, knowing they're in the same boat as far as being n00bz, all of that.

Now I am chilling at home, feeling an odd feeling. Something like contentment.

JimmyJazz

• World's Forgotten Boy
« Reply #239 on: 27 Aug 2010, 18:50 »

Heading off to to my sophomore year of college in D.C> tomorrow and it happens to coincide with Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally.

Great.
Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #240 on: 27 Aug 2010, 19:13 »

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere near the city tomorrow. 

Zingoleb

« Reply #241 on: 27 Aug 2010, 20:31 »

Played out tonight in a coffee shop that had a bunch of free newspaper/flyers/fuck me if I knew what they were exactly, all stating "FACTS" about the "mosque at Ground Zero"

jesus fuck I hate this town

in other news, my friend is, apparently, going to move to Hawaii and get married to a boy he met on-line, and I'm just feeling overwhelmed by that because of it. I have no way to talk him out of it, either. What do I do? Might go post this in the relationship thread, but fuck it.

sean

• welp
« Reply #242 on: 27 Aug 2010, 20:50 »

a friend at mine is actually trying to get in on a counter prostest for that. dudes crazy.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #243 on: 28 Aug 2010, 06:32 »

MST3000 type event at the library went OK last night.

Some stuff went wrong such as I had to wait at the door for 40 damn minutes for stragglers and I wasn't able to set anything up upstairs.

The DVD player that the friends of the library bought was complete shit.  I mean how hard is it to buy a halfway decent DVD player nowadays?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #244 on: 28 Aug 2010, 11:23 »

JENS

that is an effing awesome view

i am for some reason reminded of the cinematography of one roger deakins
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #245 on: 28 Aug 2010, 15:46 »

So apparently today was my last day of work instead of the 14th being the last day. I "wasn't fired", considering I gave notice like a month ago due to school, but still, this sucks. Kind of. Well, the not having money for 3 weeks thing sucks, but not having to go back to a job that I was not happy with anymore does not. I'm just bummed because I couldn't say goodbye to some people like I thought I was going to be able to.

Ugh, this really kind of fucks me over for my move, but at least I already have at least one job lined up for when I start school.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Allybee

« Reply #246 on: 28 Aug 2010, 15:52 »

linds my boss did the exact same thing! after work like a week after I gave two weeks notice she was like "so this was your last day" and I was like what the fuck I quit why does this feel shitty
radical dame

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #247 on: 28 Aug 2010, 22:56 »

Jens, if I am to trust all outward impressions, college is just high school but with even more drugs and booze

Dear golb daerht,

Training starts tomorrow evening at 6. This will be the last time my mom sends me money to pay my rent. Every time she sends me money, I want to vomit, it makes me feel so guilty. I'll be able to repay her in a couple of months though. So I feel better.

Now I'm going to go brush my teeth, buy alcohol for some friends who are 20 (fuck that law, man), and then get blazed for the first time in a while.

Allybee

« Reply #248 on: 28 Aug 2010, 23:54 »

hahah college is not like high school at ALL. jens it takes like a month before things pick up speed and then everything will make sense, I promise.

tomorrow my friend is flying from sf to stay with me and then monday we're driving back to school. I'm working all week for a tag sale, in which we take all the shit people would've thrown out or otherwise gotten rid of and sell it back to people for cheap cheap cheap. there is a TON of stuff to move and do which makes me a little bit nervous but I'm so excited to go back and see all my friends and drink beers and be HAPPY AGAIN I love college
radical dame

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #249 on: 29 Aug 2010, 00:08 »

How much college reminds you of high school depends a lot on where you are in your studies. If you're majoring in Liberal Arts and are taking 100 level courses it's pretty much just like high school, since the vast majority of students will be fresh out of it. You will meet a lot of people for whom going back to school is just the Thing That You Do, more than anything else. Once you get into the upper-division stuff the people you will interact with will be adults, and all the kids will have either dropped out, figured out the score, or will have managed to coast a bit longer on their parents' money.

From what I'm told, going outside LA significantly reduces the number of fuckwits you will encounter, particularly in high-skill majors (NOT including business). So. Sounds like you've met some freshmen!
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 80   Go Up