THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Blog Thread IIIa : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 119000 times)

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
Re: Re: Blog Thread IIIa : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #3950 on: 21 Mar 2011, 08:17 »

Just landed the role of director for our end of year film.

Ecstatic.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3951 on: 21 Mar 2011, 08:49 »

Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Zingoleb

« Reply #3952 on: 21 Mar 2011, 14:13 »

That's horrible, Joseph. You have my condolences.

As for me, I hate being sick. I've been in self-imposed quarantine, but I still feel like I've been gargling cock for a week straight.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #3953 on: 21 Mar 2011, 14:46 »

Zingo, I keep thinking you're Ryan now.

Cool news: My dad called to let me know his girlfriend booked us a hotel room in Boston for the weekend of my birthday (4/16). Good because a) we're going to a Red Sox game and b) three of my best friends in town are moving to Boston at the beginning of April, so I'll get to see them again

(and of course, Jon/Rachel/Dazed I totally forget your name sorry dude, get a hold of me if you want to grab a beer or something)
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2011, 16:32 by valley_parade »
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Zingoleb

« Reply #3954 on: 21 Mar 2011, 14:46 »

wait why does he share my avatar or cock garling

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #3955 on: 21 Mar 2011, 14:47 »

The cat avatar, dude. Same one.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Zingoleb

« Reply #3956 on: 21 Mar 2011, 14:50 »

aw poo bugs

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3957 on: 21 Mar 2011, 16:52 »

This weekend I'm going to see Finntroll. This is pretty fantastic.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #3958 on: 21 Mar 2011, 17:48 »

i got a teaching assistant position this summer, which i am pretty stoked about because they're real competitive during the summer months and i desperately need the money for rent/food/haircuts. i'll still need a second job in order to live comfortably but at least now that i have a well paying job with fixed hours, i can look for something flexible and part time between may and september instead of full time, which should hopefully prove much easier to attain. the downside is that i'm on a contract to teach a certain amount of tutorials this summer which is going to severely interfere with my travel plans, in the sense that i don't even know if i can even leave the province for like, more than a week... at all.

dovey i'ma try as best i can to make it to banff but if push comes to shove i may have to hatch some sort of plan involving either a life-sized cardboard cutout attached to a recording of my voice or a faked death so like... you know, just a heads up
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2011, 17:50 by tania »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3959 on: 21 Mar 2011, 19:22 »

Natalie is picking me up in a minute so I can Meet Her Parents and shit.
 :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

(completely underlining my entire post with Psyducks was an accident but I should probably take credit anyway)
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3960 on: 21 Mar 2011, 20:28 »

agh burial is the most unsettling and terrifying ritual. especially at jewish funerals where part of the thing is that those in attendance help shovel the dirt on to the coffin. my arms went tingly like they'd fallen asleep and i really felt like i'd been punched in the gut.

kind of just want to drink a lot but i know that is a bad idea. also kind of wish i had longer in vancouver. i don't know if i'll be ready to leave by wednesday.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3961 on: 21 Mar 2011, 22:37 »

Condolences, Joseph. I don't know if this will help, everybody's reactions and needs in a situation like this is different, but if the standard service's ritual didn't give you what you need, feel free to perform your own however seems right to you. Anything at all, or nothing if that's what suits you. In any case, once again, sorry about your friend.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

sean

• welp
« Reply #3962 on: 21 Mar 2011, 23:37 »

man i feel bad about what i bitched about joseph cause that is some real heavy shit and i'm sorry dude, condolences dude.

anyway, this is actually in sorta similar lines, but today i woke up to a text message from one of my friends saying that he was in the hospital. apparently he was riding his bike to class (which he just got back into rideable condition over spring break, the wheel got fucked up in the winter due to a snow plow and he was really stoked about actually riding it around) and he was going down a pretty steep hill and his hat flew off and i guess he broke really awkwardly and bailed out and landed on his leg, which got fucked up a year ago because some asshole hit him with their car (i didn't know him then but it was really fucked up, some asshole hit him in a crosswalk while he was going to class or whatever, and this incident happened maybe 30 feet from that crosswalk, what the fuck?) so he fucked up his leg really badly, its broken and he's going into surgery tomorrow. i feel goddamn awful for him, dude has had some shitty fuckin' luck. so, you now, i'm hoping he gets better.

also at one point i was in a shopping plaza smoking a cigarette with my friend beth and then some kids drove by us and shouted at her "GET A REAL MAN."

also it was warm as hell and i skipped rocks, that was nice in a goofy "appreciate the little things" type of way.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3963 on: 22 Mar 2011, 13:23 »

dovey i'ma try as best i can to make it to banff but if push comes to shove i may have to hatch some sort of plan involving either a life-sized cardboard cutout attached to a recording of my voice or a faked death so like... you know, just a heads up

This is actually just a good excuse for me to get off my ass and come to Van sometime soonish.

I was very strongly considering making the trip for the Okkervil River/Titus Andronicus show but that was before I realised it's a lot sooner than I thought. I am a horrible, horrible man.

EDIT: Oh wait, the show is in June! I was reading the wrong set of dates. This could still happen, I am less sad now!

BLOG THREAD: I am less sad now!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #3964 on: 22 Mar 2011, 13:31 »

also at one point i was in a shopping plaza smoking a cigarette with my friend beth and then some kids drove by us and shouted at her "GET A REAL MAN."

I just stared at this for about 2 minutes not realizing there was no comma between real and man, and thought "a real what, man?"  :psyduck:

öde

« Reply #3965 on: 22 Mar 2011, 13:58 »

BLOG THREAD: I am less sad now!

Wrong thread, dude.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3966 on: 22 Mar 2011, 14:09 »

No that's the Charlie Sheen thread. This is the blog thread.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3967 on: 22 Mar 2011, 14:39 »

This is actually just a good excuse for me to get off my ass and come to Van sometime soonish.

hey dovey if you can wait until august when jc will (hopefully) be here on tour then you should wait until august when jc will (hopefully) be here on tour because... well i don't think i need to tell you why that would basically rule

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3968 on: 22 Mar 2011, 15:25 »

that would basically rule

See you in August. Serious as a heart attack

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3969 on: 22 Mar 2011, 16:00 »

hey if you guys are getting together to watch johnny rock out and hang out then i might actually brave the hour-ish drive to vancouver to hang out

i guess i will need some kind of passport or something. don't get your hopes up  :wink:

i've never even been to canada before, and i've lived in nw washington forever. shameful
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3970 on: 22 Mar 2011, 17:42 »

Seriously an hour drive? I take a hour and a half to get to uni four days a week. Go the fuck to Canada.

Ok so if any of this post becomes incomprehensible gibberish, keep in mind I am posting from my phone.

So lately I've been freaking out a lot about basically everything. I still am but its become this quiet seething worry. I don't think I'm going to pass any of my units because I'm pretty sure I'm not smart enough to do this. I'm starting to worry about money because I realise I forgot to pay our power bill so I have to dig into my savings which is not really significant anyway and is really just for the rent I need to pay.next week. While I start my new job on Friday, it is monthly pay so I don't think ill see any money from that until the end of April.
I emailed someone about extra tutoring for the stats but I don't think i can afford to do it nor do I really have the time. I am starting to think I should try and find myself a therapist because I'm having really horrible depression and anxiety over all this and oh man I just don't know what to do but I don't think I have the time for it either (not to mention constantly feeling like I'm not worth helping anyway?). I'm still thinking about withdrawing from uni because I'm really not sure I can handle this. It seemed so important to me before but now I just feel shit all the time and I really don't know what to do. I'm not really asking for advice, though feel free to weigh in. I just kind of wanted to express this because running over it in my head is not helping at all.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3971 on: 22 Mar 2011, 17:53 »

Okay so today was a Good Day (tm).

The company I've helped start up (dear god I will probably spam you guys about this at some point in the future) got a 5k investment today, and I got elected head of music at our student radio station. My one and only goal is to be able to get funding to send people to SXSW next year. If anyone has any idea how to do that, please, any hints will be very welcome. I will do this by just reporting the shit out of the local music scene, and just basically reviewing shit all the time. You will not hear the end of this.

Unless of course the company I've helped start up gets accepted to the Y combinator thing we applied for in San Francisco, which would mean I spend the rest of the next year in San Fran.

Dear god, exciting times ahead.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3972 on: 22 Mar 2011, 18:17 »

Seriously an hour drive? I take a hour and a half to get to uni four days a week. Go the fuck to Canada.

Ok so if any of this post becomes incomprehensible gibberish, keep in mind I am posting from my phone.

So lately I've been freaking out a lot about basically everything. I still am but its become this quiet seething worry. I don't think I'm going to pass any of my units because I'm pretty sure I'm not smart enough to do this. I'm starting to worry about money because I realise I forgot to pay our power bill so I have to dig into my savings which is not really significant anyway and is really just for the rent I need to pay.next week. While I start my new job on Friday, it is monthly pay so I don't think ill see any money from that until the end of April.
I emailed someone about extra tutoring for the stats but I don't think i can afford to do it nor do I really have the time. I am starting to think I should try and find myself a therapist because I'm having really horrible depression and anxiety over all this and oh man I just don't know what to do but I don't think I have the time for it either (not to mention constantly feeling like I'm not worth helping anyway?). I'm still thinking about withdrawing from uni because I'm really not sure I can handle this. It seemed so important to me before but now I just feel shit all the time and I really don't know what to do. I'm not really asking for advice, though feel free to weigh in. I just kind of wanted to express this because running over it in my head is not helping at all.
I'm pretty sure you ARE smart enough to do them. Stress with uni is definitely going to be a factor. I think you need to consider whether the stress you are feeling is relating to the difficulties of the course or the fact that you're having to balance all these factors at the same time. I would say the later. Consider that they're going to have fairly high expectations of you in terms of workload etc as they want to prepare you for the professional world. 

Regarding potential therapy, are there any counseling services offered by your uni? If there are, they're often the best place to start and may be free/subsidised by the university.

Regarding money: I'm more than happy to help with rent etc but perhaps we should discuss this in person :)
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3973 on: 22 Mar 2011, 18:22 »

I forgot to add my own embloggening...

I didn't get the google job. I'm very disappointed about this cause it sounded like a really cool job in an interesting environment. I got a phone message last week from the HR person at google saying that they wanted to hire me but head office wasn't keen and to give her a call. I've called and called and haven't been able to get hold of her which is hugely frustrating me. I really wanted to know what went wrong and if there wasn't any possible way to sway them. Regardless, disappointed but this might make me more inclined toward going back to uni next year.

The job market here is challenging. I've been applying fairly consistently and not getting many hits. Perhaps I've been applying over my head? I'm not really too sure. I don't really want to settle for a shitty job just for the money, I'd rather find something I actually don't mind doing.

I'm thinking that maybe I should start looking for 20-30 hour a week jobs and try to do something different from what I did in New Zealand?
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3974 on: 22 Mar 2011, 18:40 »

It's just really tough trying to find any job in Sydney, man. You know how long it's been taking James, and Max has been looking hard as well only to get jobs that don't end up giving him any shifts. Nice one.
I'm just feeling super lucky that I have my job.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #3975 on: 22 Mar 2011, 19:29 »

joseph, I'm really sorry. if you ever need an ear, I'm around...

everything is kind of falling apart and I'm not sure why. on the bright side, when I was at the dining hall tonight I saw the (non-nerdy) guy who sat next to me during philosophy this morning. he said, "yknow, I was looking at you today and thinking that you look really elven."

I don't get a lot of compliments and that just made my day...

also baths is playing tomorrow yeahhh!
radical dame

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #3976 on: 22 Mar 2011, 19:55 »

"yknow, I was looking at you today and thinking that you look really eleven."
what a great compliment!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3977 on: 22 Mar 2011, 20:07 »

rock in vancouver in august

hey hey you guys hey keep me in the loop on this

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3978 on: 22 Mar 2011, 20:11 »

kind of just want to drink a lot but i know that is a bad idea. also kind of wish i had longer in vancouver. i don't know if i'll be ready to leave by wednesday.

That is one of the worst parts about traveling home for a funeral, your time in the place is just taken up by all of these unpleasant things and then you have to go right back over to your other life separate from what has happened.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3979 on: 22 Mar 2011, 20:17 »

man i was just joking about vancon '11 in that other thread and how the yearly meetup should just be in whatever city i happen to be living in for my own selfish convenience but like, yeah, in all seriousness if you guys wanna come all the way to bc to hang out with the coolest girl/best butt in canada this august i'm totally cool with this, i'm down

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3980 on: 22 Mar 2011, 20:20 »

oh and uh the only thing is tommy might be there, probably, but maybe we can get rid of him by convincing him that we're actually hanging out in that other vancouver in washington (he's kind of dumb)

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3981 on: 22 Mar 2011, 20:58 »

good for you!

remember: it's pants first, then shoes, just like we practiced

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3982 on: 22 Mar 2011, 21:06 »

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :police:
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3983 on: 22 Mar 2011, 22:52 »

rock in vancouver in august

hey hey you guys hey keep me in the loop on this

Me too. My parents are trying to rope me into being in Vancouver at some point over the summer anyway, so working it around this would be great.

And thank you for all your kind words folks. It's really meant a lot.

That is one of the worst parts about traveling home for a funeral, your time in the place is just taken up by all of these unpleasant things and then you have to go right back over to your other life separate from what has happened.

This is really not much of a thing here. I'd known my friend originally from high school, but he'd come out to McGill at the same time as me, and we'd been closest there. He'd been back in Vancouver only a few months, for mental health reasons, when it happened, so there's still a lot of love for him in Montreal, and I've organized something on Friday there, for all his friends in the east who weren't able to make it to Vancouver for the service. Which is good, I guess; I've definitely not made my peace with it yet, and I think sharing memories of him with those friends of mine who really are closest to me now will help.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Up