THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 92   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: The Guitar Topic - B  (Read 153906 times)

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Re: Re: The Guitar Topic - B
« Reply #100 on: 10 May 2009, 07:53 »

"OH NOES, A CERTAIN WORD THAT TYPICALLY APPLIES TO PEOPLE WHO ARE COINCIDENTALLY IDIOTS ALSO APPLIES TO ME, I MUST COMPLETELY REDEFINE MYSELF TO MAINTAIN COOL CRED"

Pat, you know me better than that.

Today, I realized that playing nothing but chords on a guitar is infinitely more expressive than doing so on a piano.

...That's just outright bollocks.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #101 on: 10 May 2009, 10:27 »

No I'd agree. Playing rhythm piano is boring unless you're arpeggiating your chords or your voice is beautiful enough to make up for the simple accompaniment.

With guitar, as long as you're not just strumming up and down in a harsh, flat way, chords can be very expressive.

This post brought to you by: gene is strung out and just woke up!
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #102 on: 10 May 2009, 11:24 »

Guys, I built my own guitar over the weekend!

The total price for all the parts was about £30, and I managed to get most of them on eBay. The body is a strat one, but whoever had it before did some really weird things to it. The action was crazily high, and it has a brass bridge that has been screwed down so the tremolo arm can only dive. I've managed to fix the intonation and lower the action but for some reason the B string resonates a lot - it sounds like a sitar string. Surprisingly, the neck is really nice.

As for the electronics, I used three old pickups. I've no idea who made them or what they're meant to be but they sound ace. The neck one is a layered strat-size humbucker. It's seriously loud. I used this ( http://www.1728.com/guitar2.htm ) wiring configuration. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to change the sound of their guitar, it has an amazing range. Mine is pretty messed up though, since I only had one capacitor so the tone knobs also effect t he volume, but depending on whether it's in parallel or serial mode they have to be turned in different directions.

It's pretty cool.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #103 on: 10 May 2009, 12:00 »

man what are you guys on playing lonely chords on a piano is so fucking awesome.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #104 on: 10 May 2009, 12:02 »

i play bass and thingamagoop

i remember that thing from the photothread

what the fuck does it do?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #105 on: 10 May 2009, 13:15 »

I'm not a guitarist, I'm a musician. Guitar just happens to be my main instrument.

That really is a quite curious sentence. I know, it's supposed to distance you from us pretentious pricks that call ourselves "Guitarists" or God Forbid, "LEAD Guitarists", but it just ends up making anyone who says it come off as more pretentious. Why is that so?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #106 on: 10 May 2009, 17:49 »

"OH NOES, A CERTAIN WORD THAT TYPICALLY APPLIES TO PEOPLE WHO ARE COINCIDENTALLY IDIOTS ALSO APPLIES TO ME, I MUST COMPLETELY REDEFINE MYSELF TO MAINTAIN COOL CRED"

Pat, you know me better than that.

I know, and it wasn't aimed at you, man, don't worry. I just hate it when people turn that kind of innocent-enough thing into an "OMG ME TOO, im too kool 4 this" clusterfuck.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #107 on: 10 May 2009, 20:11 »

That really is a quite curious sentence. I know, it's supposed to distance you from us pretentious pricks that call ourselves "Guitarists" or God Forbid, "LEAD Guitarists", but it just ends up making anyone who says it come off as more pretentious. Why is that so?

It sounds pretentious when you say it, but it's an awesome way to think about music as it influences you to play music with less limitation than music restricted by the conventions of the guitar.

On the other hand, I completely acknowledge that I'm a prick lead guitarist. /shreddin'

zerobar

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #108 on: 11 May 2009, 00:09 »

Guys, I built my own guitar over the weekend!

The total price for all the parts was about £30, and I managed to get most of them on eBay. The body is a strat one, but whoever had it before did some really weird things to it. The action was crazily high, and it has a brass bridge that has been screwed down so the tremolo arm can only dive. I've managed to fix the intonation and lower the action but for some reason the B string resonates a lot - it sounds like a sitar string. Surprisingly, the neck is really nice.

As for the electronics, I used three old pickups. I've no idea who made them or what they're meant to be but they sound ace. The neck one is a layered strat-size humbucker. It's seriously loud. I used this ( http://www.1728.com/guitar2.htm ) wiring configuration. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to change the sound of their guitar, it has an amazing range. Mine is pretty messed up though, since I only had one capacitor so the tone knobs also effect t he volume, but depending on whether it's in parallel or serial mode they have to be turned in different directions.

It's pretty cool.

Awesome, post pictures of it!

In response to the B string problem, it could be a few things. How did you adjust the action? Did you use a feeler gauge? If you're working on guitars, I highly suggest getting one. They're very cheap and you can get them at most hardware stores  (normally used for checking spark plugs). It really helps with action and truss rod adjustment, since you can get EXACT measurements. Not necessary, but makes it alot easier.

My first guess would be the action is too low on that string. If raising the action doesn't solve the problem, then it could be a loose screw vibrating. Make sure everything's down tight, especially the saddle adjusters and the tuners. If that doesn't solve it, then it's likely that the nut is filed too low, and the string is hitting the first fret. There's really only one way to surefire fix this, and that's replacing the nut. You can either buy a nut blank, a set of files, and do it yourself, or go to a luthier and have them do it (probably cheaper and quicker, but you don't feel the same satisfaction). The best way to make sure that it's not the first fret is to have everything adjusted and tightened down and then fret the string at the first fret. if it doesn't buzz, then that's it.

Hope this helps, I'll be getting into my guitar building here soon, too. I'll try and thin out my unfinished projects (Kramer/Fender focus/strat, Kramer/Fender tele/baretta hybrid, relic tele project, and if I have time the Epiphone Coronet one off)

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #109 on: 12 May 2009, 08:03 »

hey guys i play two instruments what does that make me

er

fuck where did that trex smiley go i need it right now fuck

BI-CURIOUS

I play three.

Oh shit, you guys.

oh shit
TRY-SECKSHUAL

illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #110 on: 12 May 2009, 08:25 »

ITT: doombilly returns and is still ace

Zingoleb

« Reply #111 on: 12 May 2009, 13:34 »

I'm not a guitarist, I'm a musician. Guitar just happens to be my main instrument.

Because guitar is boring.

Srsly.

Okay, guitar is pretty kick ass. But I want waaaay more than just guitar. I'm seriously working on violin right now and want to get up to snuff on that so that I can say that violin and guitar are my two main instruments. I'm buying a bouzouki soon and will practice the hell out of it. I am a musician, and guitar just happened to be the first instrument I picked up because it is so readily accessible, easily played, and so many people can help me on it.

Mentioning help:

I am trying to put a new high E-string on my electric, but it keeps twanging. That is, I start to tune it, and then it suddenly gets insanely loose again, then I tune it so that it's slightly taut, then it gets loose again. What is going on I am freaking out here because I can't afford new strings.

Also, I took this string off of my acoustic to put on my electric, but I have done this often and this hasn't happened.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #112 on: 12 May 2009, 13:52 »

You just need to learn to put the strings on properly, so that they "lock" around the tuning peg. It's nigh-on impossible to explain how to do it in writing, though.

Zingoleb

« Reply #113 on: 12 May 2009, 14:05 »

I know how to put on the strings, I've been doing it for almost three years and I have never had this problem before.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #114 on: 12 May 2009, 17:30 »

Mentioning help:

I am trying to put a new high E-string on my electric, but it keeps twanging. That is, I start to tune it, and then it suddenly gets insanely loose again, then I tune it so that it's slightly taut, then it gets loose again. What is going on I am freaking out here because I can't afford new strings.

Also, I took this string off of my acoustic to put on my electric, but I have done this often and this hasn't happened.

Maybe the winding near the ball end is coming undone. That happened on my Jag maybe 2 string sets ago. The winding around the ball end might be coming back up through the 'noose' knot where they wrap the string around itself to keep it from coming apart completely if this exact thing happens.

Take a good look at where the 'noose' knot is on this string as compared to the other strings. If it's closer to the tailpiece than the rest of your strings, you've got the culprit right there. Harmless in the long run, but it's a pain in the ass retuning every time until it finally decides there's no more slack to eat up.

Zingoleb

« Reply #115 on: 13 May 2009, 01:41 »

I'm just going to wait and not play guitar for a few days until I get paid and can buy strings

That sentence hurt to even write

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #116 on: 13 May 2009, 11:42 »

I know how to put on the strings, I've been doing it for almost three years and I have never had this problem before.

I know, but if you did it properly, that problem would never occur.

Thankfully, I found a guide:

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/stringing.htm

Just do this, and all troubles will be GONE!

Zingoleb

« Reply #117 on: 13 May 2009, 13:15 »

Well, you could just play violin instead, silly.

I'm going to. This one song I'm working on feel a little...boring...so I'll just spend time arranging violin for it.

@Lummox - I think the problem is that the string is a bit too short to properly take hold. :|

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #118 on: 13 May 2009, 15:51 »

That is actually the same guide I looked up years ago when I learned to string and it was pretty useful 'cause until then I couldn't figure out how the fuck to lock in a string.

edwinalink

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Likes Glitter and 4x4's
« Reply #119 on: 13 May 2009, 18:21 »

what the shit is the differance in duncan designed and EMG's on shecters?

shit, i just wish i had a guitar... well, one thats NOT a warlock...

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #120 on: 13 May 2009, 19:39 »

Duncan Designed means they're made by Seymour Duncan (and probably pretty ace, too), and EMG means it's got a set of EMG active pickups, which are battery powered.  Unless EMG makes a passive pickup and I don't know about it...

Cernunnos

• What
« Reply #121 on: 13 May 2009, 19:45 »

The duncan-designed pickups are built in Korea, wheras the rest of their line is USA made. EMG actually does produce passive pickups, but chances are if he's looking at a Schecter they are probably active.

edwinalink

« Reply #122 on: 13 May 2009, 21:17 »

The duncan-designed pickups are built in Korea, wheras the rest of their line is USA made. EMG actually does produce passive pickups, but chances are if he's looking at a Schecter they are probably active.

Duncan Designed means they're made by Seymour Duncan (and probably pretty ace, too), and EMG means it's got a set of EMG active pickups, which are battery powered.  Unless EMG makes a passive pickup and I don't know about it...

is there a way to know whats a better choice for me (beginner trying to learn alt/goth/doom/whatever metal and rock)???

I just dont want to be stuck with a pretty pile of crap again...
and i want to stay under a grand....
so from my previous posts in this thread I have arrived at Schecter as my main brand.

and I'm looking at C-1 hellraisers and blood moons, and damien-6 (though the mark up on the damien for a left version seems to be 200 bucks, whereas the C-1 lefty's have a 50 buck mark up in most places.)

looks matter slightly, and NO tremolos... i just... I NEED to spend my money a little more wisely this time...
and I have no clue what all those pick-up's excell/fail at...

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #123 on: 13 May 2009, 21:58 »

get the pointiest guitar you can find.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Bearer

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • The Corgi Commands Awesome
« Reply #124 on: 13 May 2009, 22:04 »

So, I recently acquired the blueprints for a Jazzmaster, and am seriously considering making one (though a proper one at that), or getting a shit one off ebay and imagining it.  Thinking a P90, single coil, and a humbucker as the three pickups (in that order, neck to bridge) with a 3 way switch wired to the neck and bridge, and the single coil wired to a blender knob.  Perhaps throw a Bigsby on there for good measure.  I like my guitars to be eclectic as fuck, make all sorts of crazy sounds.
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #125 on: 13 May 2009, 22:43 »

Stuff.

You can't really go wrong with Schecter.  I've played one of their S-1's (an SG-type guitar) and enjoyed the hell out of it, and their Tempest guitars look really promising.

edwinalink

« Reply #126 on: 13 May 2009, 23:43 »

Stuff.

You can't really go wrong with Schecter.  I've played one of their S-1's (an SG-type guitar) and enjoyed the hell out of it, and their Tempest guitars look really promising.

yeah, thats the direction you guys pointed me last time! thanks for that! I'm looking for a tad nicer than the S-1's I've seen, the C-1's seem to come in every flavor and price... and the 006's are just pretty (though they seem to have the same quality of guts as my B.C. Rich NJ warlock)

now just point me to "guitar pick-ups for dummies" and I'll be good to go!

P.S.

I have sworn off pointy guitars... possibly forever!

Zingoleb

« Reply #127 on: 14 May 2009, 00:31 »

What is wrong with a warlock?

(I'm not defending it, I am just ignorant!)

edwinalink

« Reply #128 on: 14 May 2009, 01:15 »

personally?

it wont stay in tune, the tremolo was/still is undersprung, my crossover knob only kinda worked, the paint was dull, the neck floppy(even after repeated adjustments by people much smarter than me) it chipped incredibly easy, my pick ups seemed to only be capable of pumping out atonal distortion. there was this horrible buzz when it was set as clean as i could get it. with small amounts of gentle use my top strap bolt came out...

and it just sounds like shit.

but I am no expert, that was just my experience. :-(

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #129 on: 14 May 2009, 04:00 »

They are just plain old poor guitars. B.C Rich make some lovely top-range axes, but so does every other company.

The only thing Warlocks are good for is metal and they're not actually good for that, either. You're better off with an Ibanez or a Schecter or an ESP or an Epiphone or an anything ever.

Cernunnos

• What
« Reply #130 on: 14 May 2009, 05:40 »

Emg's
They are overdriven, high-output pickups. Good for metal type things. They also require batteries, because they have a built-in preamp.

Duncan-designed humbuckers are going to be More versatile i would imagine. More traditional. Both kinds will play the kind of music it seems you want to play. read about them here. Keep in mind that they are essentially the bargain version, and probably are not made to the same quality as the American-made Duncans, though i have not read any reviews for them.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #131 on: 14 May 2009, 07:18 »

BC Rich for the most part makes absolutely hideous looking guitars.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #132 on: 14 May 2009, 08:20 »

I remember a while back in this thread someone posted some super high-end B.C. Rich guitars that even I was partial to.

Personally if I were ever to play metal (and with every stoner rock record I've downloaded recently that desire has gotten stronger and stronger) I'd just invest in a gorgeous Les Paul. I don't see why the dedicated metal guitar niche exists in the first place- there are tons of more versatile guitars that would do the job quite well.

None of the original influential heavy metal bands played anything but Fender and Gibson (and in Lemmy's case, Rickenbacker).

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #133 on: 14 May 2009, 08:50 »

that's mostly why I've been GASing over a Les Paul lately. I need something proper to get my stoner rock on.

Uh..I might be trading the LP Junior clone for this mid-90s Duo-Sonic. Probably will replace the pickguard if I get it.

s'got a replacement neck as well. The originals were 22.5", this is a 24" Warmoth neck with the big CBS-style headstock.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2009, 09:45 by valley_parade »
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #134 on: 14 May 2009, 09:55 »

Did I mention how awesome my Les Paul is?

edwinalink

« Reply #135 on: 14 May 2009, 11:15 »

Emg's
They are overdriven, high-output pickups. Good for metal type things. They also require batteries, because they have a built-in preamp.

Duncan-designed humbuckers are going to be More versatile i would imagine. More traditional. Both kinds will play the kind of music it seems you want to play. read about them here. Keep in mind that they are essentially the bargain version, and probably are not made to the same quality as the American-made Duncans, though i have not read any reviews for them.

^thanks!^
it seems the duncan designed will be good for me to start with, then if i want to swap them out, or buy a different guitar i can at a later date....

I love the les pauls. if i was gonna spend around 1500 and up i would go for a gibson... but.

I am repeatedly told the quality is hit and miss on epiphone LP's. and since I would have to order my guitar (lefty) i could get a great one, or a pile o shit!

and since i dont really need the ULTIMATE METAL GUITAR just some thing to tool around on and learn with... I've darn near settled on a C-1... unless someone else can point me at a reputable guitar for under a grand that DOESNT require a 50/50 gamble?

zerobar

« Reply #136 on: 14 May 2009, 11:21 »

The easy way to tell whether or not emg's are active is if they don't say hz on them. All the hz's are passive, and are more commonly put on lower-end guitars, rather than the usually used set of active 81's and 85's. I believe that ALL EMG's are made in the USA, where as i'm pretty sure that the Duncan Designed ones are import manufacture, so I would feel that the EMG's would be a nicer pickup, and would fit what you're trying to play better. They are both actually fairly versatile, even though emg's do cater to the high gain market more, because the active one's have the ability to handle so much gain.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #137 on: 14 May 2009, 11:23 »

Dammit dammit dammit the guy doesn't want another P-90 guitar.

And apparently the duo's routed for mini humbuckers. I was all set to get a black pickguard, witch hats, mini hums, and make it into a Duo-Sonic Deluxe..Duo-Blaster?

zerobar

« Reply #138 on: 14 May 2009, 11:27 »

Emg's

^thanks!^
it seems the duncan designed will be good for me to start with, then if i want to swap them out, or buy a different guitar i can at a later date....

It's a shame you bought a NJ series B.C. Rich, cause some of their newer stuff (Exotic class mockingbird, Perfect 10 Bich, ST mockingbird) actually seem pretty nice. They're some of the only guitar's you can get new under a grand now, with ebony fretboards. It kinda seems like they've started to realize that their old pointy guitars are kinda crap.

I love the les pauls. if i was gonna spend around 1500 and up i would go for a gibson... but.

I am repeatedly told the quality is hit and miss on epiphone LP's. and since I would have to order my guitar (lefty) i could get a great one, or a pile o shit!

and since i dont really need the ULTIMATE METAL GUITAR just some thing to tool around on and learn with... I've darn near settled on a C-1... unless someone else can point me at a reputable guitar for under a grand that DOESNT require a 50/50 gamble?

It's a shame you got one of the NJ series B.C. Rich's, some of their newer stuff (Exotic Class Mockingbird, Perfect 10 Bich, ST Mockingbird) actually seems pretty nice. Some of the only guitars under a grand you can get with ebony fingerboards. Seems like they're starting to remember why people bought their guitars in the first place.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2009, 11:30 by zerobar »

edwinalink

« Reply #139 on: 14 May 2009, 11:35 »

The easy way to tell whether or not emg's are active is if they don't say hz on them. All the hz's are passive, and are more commonly put on lower-end guitars, rather than the usually used set of active 81's and 85's. I believe that ALL EMG's are made in the USA, where as i'm pretty sure that the Duncan Designed ones are import manufacture, so I would feel that the EMG's would be a nicer pickup, and would fit what you're trying to play better. They are both actually fairly versatile, even though emg's do cater to the high gain market more, because the active one's have the ability to handle so much gain.

thanks! I think i may have seen a few of the EMG-hz's on what I'm looking at...and the powered ones arent a dealbreaker either!
and as long as i can play clean, mellow mopey stuff with them too... that's all i need!

and back to the Warlock bashing... i tried playing smoke on the water...sounded like

BUZZZ, BUZZ-BUZZ BUUUUZZZZZZ BUZZZ. BUZZ BUZZ in the sky..

god i hate that thing, not that smoke on the water normally sounds all that good...but it at least has notes!

edit... @Zerobar: its OLD now! still has the split headstock! and they may get better, but i couldnt afford a new guitar after buying that POS. and have had to wait for like 4 years to get another guitar i could actually practice on! so now me and B.C. Rich dont mix.

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #140 on: 14 May 2009, 12:23 »

Here's a picture of that guitar I put together:

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #141 on: 14 May 2009, 12:28 »

That looks nice. What do all the switches do?
Get off my land

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #142 on: 14 May 2009, 12:43 »

The three in the middle turn each pickup on or off. The one on the far right switches from in phase to out of phase, and the other end switch changes from series to parallel circuits. Like this: http://www.1728.com/guitar2.htm

However, I only discovered after building it that I missed out a capacitor, so the switching is really messed up. The tone knobs now function as volume knobs, but depending on whether you're in series or parallel mode they have to be turned in different directions.  It sounds pretty awesome/strange/horrible. I think Patrick would cream himself over it, based on his comments about single-coil guitars and the Jaguar he already has.

zerobar

« Reply #143 on: 14 May 2009, 15:19 »

Cool, how's the intonation on it? I kinda figured you had bought a kit, but this looks like it probably would work better. I love putting together old "parts" guitars, they usually end up sounding really cool, and they always look interesting. Kramer, among other companies, did a similar style pickup switching on their guitars in the mid to late 80's by having an on/off switch for each pickup, and then a coil splitting switch for the bridge humbucker. They used it primarily on their Pacer series and the Focus 6000's, which were japanese made Pacer copies (great deals, if you find one.) The Focus' were all made by ESP, who ended up making all of Kramer's necks from about 86' on (which are AMAZING).

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #144 on: 16 May 2009, 17:24 »

I think Patrick would cream himself over it, based on his comments about single-coil guitars and the Jaguar he already has.

I just saw this thread for the first time in several days (been busy) but yeah, if you ever let me chill at your place or something, you will probably never see this guitar in person ever again.

Bearer

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • The Corgi Commands Awesome
« Reply #145 on: 18 May 2009, 22:00 »

Alas, it is but a photoshop guitar.   Three pickups (neck: P-90; mid: single coil; bridge: Humbucker), neck and bridge wired to telecaster three-way switch with middle wired to a blender pot. Master volume knob, master tone knob, and top it off with a Bigsby, tune-o-matic bridge with rolling saddles and locking tuning heads.  Mmmm.
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #146 on: 18 May 2009, 22:14 »

That is pretty sexy.

Side note: I have rarely seen different kinds of pick-ups look good together (with the exception of the Standard, Hot Rod, and Custom configurations on various Teles)

That one isn't bad but like, I like the symmetry that comes with all single-coils or all 'buckers or soapbars.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #147 on: 19 May 2009, 03:22 »

Why don't you just take a Mustang bridge and leave a regular old Jag trem on there? A Bigsby is actually a downgrade in terms of functionality.

Does that switch go 7 ways? I hope it does. I have Ideas for it.

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #148 on: 19 May 2009, 03:37 »

"telecaster three-way switch"

I didn't know you could even get 7-way switches.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #149 on: 19 May 2009, 04:24 »

Oh, it looked like a Varitone-style switch. Those are 6-way switches, I figured there might be a 7-way Varitone-style switch available somewhere in the world.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 92   Go Up