THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 08:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable, pt B  (Read 33241 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

Han and I went to watch Jimmy's band play this afternoon.  It was a really good show!  Lunchy was there also and took a lot of pics.  I am pretty sure she has intentions of putting them up at some point.

AanAllein

• Furry furrier

I am going to the mountain goats tonight! Except that I can't get anyone to come with me so I have to go alone like a big dorkbutt, which is lame.

I am strongly considering doing this very thing when they come to Brisbane next Sunday (well, assuming tickets are still available). My girlfriend would come along if I bought her a ticket, but doesn't seem overly enthused. It's been a while since I've been to a concert by myself so I am seriously considering it!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Wow thank you for reminding me about this. I still had not bought my tickets. Just did then. It seems my girlfriend is out of town on the night of the show, so I guess I am going to this alone as well. Harumph. It's a bummer because she quite wanted to see them, as well.

If you didn't live so far away you could be coming with Brett and I next week. It will be the best time!

Also probably the most awkward time because turns out Loxley is also going, with the girl who constantly tried to steal him from me for like a year! This is good, he is getting out of the house, and going somewhere with a girl!  It is just unfortunate it is to the same place as me, with a girl who out of sheer force of habit I cant stand.

Oh wells, I am hoping to be able to hide from them all evening, to avoid awkward ruining the night I have been looking forward to for so long.
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2008, 04:49 by jodizzle »
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

A new antiques shop just opened up about a block from my house. It has a chaise-longue out the front, and inside it's full of rocking-chairs. This is the shop I have been waiting my whole life for.

Ptommydski

Jens, your new name is THE WEAVER.

Gilead

Man the opening band was completely innapropriate but incredibly absurdly awesome and full of energy, it's too bad the Sydney people who came down for the show hadn't come at that point, there was like, a dozen newie people there for most of the set, and they were the worst crowd I'd ever seen, it actually sobered me up immediately.

P.S. Girls please stop all wearing the same perfume, it is really weird when I am all making out with you and you smell exactly like an ex girlfriend.

Inlander

• coprophage

Man the opening band was completely innapropriate

Let me guess: really full-on metal band? John Darnielle, he does rather love the metal.

Inlander

• coprophage

Ah. I saw the Mountain Goats a couple of years ago supported by a full-on metal band, so I assumed. Mind you I've also seen them supported by John Vanderslice and by Scout Niblett, so I guess you never know quite what you're going to get.

Apart from an awesome show, obviously.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I'm starting to wonder if John Vanderslice ever headlines. The only time I saw him play, he was opening for Malkmus & The Jicks.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Dear Blag Throde,
The last couple days have been pretty awesome! Yesterday The Boy came to visit me and we dressed up nice and went out and had Thai, then to a local record label Chrismas party where we saw The Grates (one of my favourite bandIs), Blue Juice, Whitley (his favourite singer), and the frontmen from The Panics and the Shout Out Louds! It was all kinda great.
Today, as Ben said, I went to take photos for my lovely housemates Jimmy and HOUSEMATE X's band! I got some good shots, I think. I will work on them tomorrow and get some up for you all! I am excited for that.
Afterwards I got dressed up extra fancy again and went for cocktails with my friend Ryan, who is teaching me how cities work and what is awesome here. I found out that there's a bar under the opera house and you can sit outside and look out at the bridge and it's all very lovely.
Life is fun, Blog Thread!  Hooray!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

she was really into exclamation marks!!!!!!!

Did she talk like that too? oh god

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dear Blog Thread,

I got makeouts last night woooooo. And he was hella cute which is pretty grand, plus not from a foreign country so maybe it can happen again or something. I am not really good at this sort of thing!

Love,
Liz
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!

Oh Ted Leo where have you been my entire life

With me.

Also, Blog Thread:

So much to do over this weekend. One paper about the effects of growing technology on the music industry, one paper about radical Islam, one paper about self-analyzing my writing from the beginning of the semester, one assignment for my microeconomics class, revising my Personal Statement for study abroad in Glasgow, and Girlfriend Time.

All due on Monday and Tuesday. Woo!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Fellow Bloggers,

Tomorrow, I go to New York City!

Yay family, good food, clean living conditions, and semi-relaxation!
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker

Dear Blog Thread,

I got makeouts last night woooooo. And he was hella cute which is pretty grand, plus not from a foreign country so maybe it can happen again or something. I am not really good at this sort of thing!

Love,
Liz

o/
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I think maybe I see a solution to your problems.

I think maybe you underestimate how large Australia is and how there is more than one city here.

Dear Blog Thread,

I made a mixtape
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

The first transition is a bit weak, but other than that, that mix is pretty ace.

Good tunes.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Yeah honestly the whole thing could be a it tighter but I could not be bothered going back and redoing it.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
Liz is touching me.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.

o/

\o

\o/

And to actually make this a blog worthy post:

Saw Human League, Heaven 17 and ABC yesterday, thanks to work.

Seriously, 80's, what the fuck was wrong with you?
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Hey you, Human League is ace.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.

It all started to sound the same to me, and in the end I thought the audience were more fun to watch.

Drunk people dancing > Human League?
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Not exactly, it was these guys.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=20841085

I saw Baseball support Snowman at the Annandale a while back... someone was telling me how they were supposed to be the Next Big Thing or something. I thought they were Ok.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I've heard nothing but really good things from people who have met Onstad on his book tour. For someone who actively worked to stay out of the public eye for so long he's apparently super personable and humble.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MY PHONE

IT'S BROKEN

THE DISPLAY, IT DOES NOT WORK
AT ALL

This is the only phone I've ever had and it's lasted three years so far. Thus, this is a new kind of blues...

I mean, if it's three years old and was crappy to begin with then yes I am overdue for a new phone. But still! The memories! And I needed to get all the pictures off of here!

Now I can't text at all... so people can send me vicious things and I'd be none the wiser.
it's time to stop posting

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

For most phone plans three years is more than enough elapsed time for a free replacement, I would think.

Get something snazzy.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

I know! But my dad is crazy. He is like "I'm waiting for AT&T to send us some offers!" No. That is never going to happen. My phone plan expired in May. Come on.

I don't even know why or how it broke. I made a call, set it down on the counter, and then picked it up and was like AAAAA. Now I'm attempting to tinker with it but what the fuck kind of screw is a six-pointed star god damn it

edit: i found the six-pointed bits but they're all too big
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2008, 22:22 by squawk »
it's time to stop posting

Ptommydski

AT&T is the network carrier for the iPhone in the US right?

I still don't have one on the grounds that I feel like I would miss a decent camera and the video function I am used to on handsets. Sort it out, Apple! I want your pretty, ultimately pointless product but they fall short of my basic expectations of a next gen phone!

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

- sometimes i'm absolutely convinced that i am the fucking raddest person on earth, and other times i wish everyone who thinks i am the raddest person on earth would just realize i'm actually terribly mediocre, even kind of stupid, and really not rad at all. on the other hand, this is probably a perfectly normal thought for someone with as ridiculous a lifestyle as mine. no i do not need to sleep or eat more than once a day are you CRAZY

- also, normally i try to set aside a certain amount of time every week to work out and stay in shape, and these last few months i got kind of fat on account i was too busy with school to do anything about it. i'm still too busy to do anything about it. i can't stand my body and i'm sick of seeing my dumb flabby arms and squishy belly every single day. all i want to do is go for a run, i hate this.

- the criminology MA program i most want to apply for/is most likely to let me in is in ottawa and i really don't want to move to ottawa but at the same time i don't want to be unemployed forever, it's kind of far in the future so i guess i should... get used to that, for now, that it's probably going to happen

- and another thing, i also decided not to apply to grad school for next september after all on account i was way too busy/disorganized this semester to think about or put together any kind of research statement or talk to my professors about letters of recommendation or any of that crap. there no point in wasting hundreds of dollars on applications when i probably won't get in right now anyway. also, every single person i know is doing a thesis, like right now, for their undergrad and i am not. i went to school having absolutely no idea what i was doing so it didn't occur to me to take the thesis honours course and now i'm a little worried. i am not writing a thesis now because it takes a year and i already have my credits so fuck it, i'm graduating. anyway i thought a thesis was one of those things you write when you're doing your MA. am i supposed to write a thesis now and then another thesis if/when i get in? two thesises?! what is even the plural of that?! all i want to do is talk to a counselor and get them to sort out absolutely everything for me but i can't do that until january and why am i so bad at life
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

At my school there used to be an option to write a thesis. They expected it to be just a semester thing, and it was just another option for if a person didn't have time, basically, to take a capstone course. It's going to be different at every university though; I wouldn't worry about it until you talk to your adviser/counselor.

And ... think of all the stuff your body allows you to do. Your body makes it possible to go for a run and get crazy endorphins, and it allows you to not eat and sleep that much and it still functions. Some people's bodies don't. Your body is pretty rad when you think about it, even if it does have a winter layer.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Tania is reading my thoughts!

I learned today that actual lesbians watch the L-Word. I had always figured that show was to the sapphic lifestyle what the Olive Garden is to italian food.

This saddens me for reasons I cannot explain.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

Real lesbians are angered by the L word, that's for sure. I mean, jesus, really? With the stuff that went on last season, and the stuff that's going on in the next season, the stuff that goes on every season, the super crappy theme music, Jenny Schecter, why even bother?

I am sad it's being cancelled, though.
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2008, 01:13 by Gemmwah »
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

CarrionMan

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • The RP Syndicate

I've started on my book again. Twice it has been deleted, once because I started to write it on my dad's PDA, and that was stolen shortly afterwards, and again because my hard drive was busted. This time, I am going to actually back it up.

Also, my computer fried itself. Woo.

Also, I need help with the book. You know how some teens dye the inside of their hair dark, and the outside blonde? Does any one know what that style is called? And, there's these two layered shirts that are kinda popular today, light cotton fabric, both are Ts, one is one color, on the outside, and low cut, while the other is another color, on the inside, and higher cut. What are those called? I understand if I should take this to the fashion thread.
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr

So today, The Boy and I spent all day shopping for a new bed. Why? Because since he is practically living with me now, my King Single sized bed is not big enough for both of us to sleep in comfortably. We have found a super comfy mattress and nice bed frame (despite the fact it won't match any of the other furniture in my room) and it should all be delivered this week.

New bed = awesome. Sales guy throwing in a bunch of stuff for free = even better.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

CarrionMan, the hairstyle is called two toned. I have no clue about the shirt thing. It's probably just something like layered t-shirts.

Dear Blog Thread,
I have to go finish getting ready for work. I'm hoping it won't be so busy today.

Gilead

It is called 'I have terrible taste in things I wear on my upper body'.

nobo

- also, normally i try to set aside a certain amount of time every week to work out and stay in shape

I need to get back to the gym as well. i've taken a few weeks off and i'm starting to get restless. You wanna be my work out buddy?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

valley_parade

• coprophage

o/

Jens, I'm forgiving you for liking Deerhoof, now. I've been having this same argument/war with my mom for three years, now.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Oh hey, I did that a few years ago as well! Now my parents haven't made me go to church since... Christmas mass my freshman year. So two years ago.

Not bad.
Liz is touching me.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

- sometimes i'm absolutely convinced that i am the fucking raddest person on earth, and other times i wish everyone who thinks i am the raddest person on earth would just realize i'm actually terribly mediocre, even kind of stupid, and really not rad at all. on the other hand, this is probably a perfectly normal thought for someone with as ridiculous a lifestyle as mine. no i do not need to sleep or eat more than once a day are you CRAZY

Welcome to my life except I probably drink more than you but that is ok, because it's ok.

PS Finally got a neighbour with internet I can steal, I am back, baby.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Oh fuck yes, Brett is back! o/
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer

No one in my house got any sleep last night because my sister contracted appendicitis somewhere around 3 p.m.  She's supposed to get it removed in a couple hours, so I'm not too worried about it.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

nobo

Rolled my ankle playing basketball today :(
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Oh fuck yes, Brett is back! o/

\o Hooray, Brett is back!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Oh my word I have an exam on Tuesday and on Friday and on the Tuesday after that and I (feel like I) know more or less nothing. Realistically the exam on Tuesday is only a level 1 subject and it's multiple choice and I only need a D minimum so I am not really worried, but the exam on Friday has a fairly big say in whether or not I am doing honours English lit and that is terrifying because sometimes I am not really sure if I am cut out for English Lit/academia but other times I am all "Hey this is awesome and totally what I want to be doing".

Basically I am stressing out a little bit over an exam that I should be able to pass even though I probably haven't put enough work in but mostly I am stressing out because I feel like if I don't put in the work I maybe shouldn't be doing the course. :-(

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

I'm not a Christian.

I'm sorry, I really am, but I am compelled to post this. Proof that you probably made the right choice!
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Man, I was all over this Paul Krugman shit before it was fashionable.

Boggle thread,

My favorite coffee shop / hangouts place is now under new ownership. All the people who worked there that I liked have been fired or have quit. So I find myself in a bad spot - winter is here, bringing with it early sunset and cold weather and decreased mobility and all those things that generally bring out bad moods in me. Only a week ago I thought I would be insulated from all of this, because I had a place to go in my free time where I was sure to see people that I liked in an environment that allowed me to be creative, away from home and school. Now that is gone. There are other coffee shops around, but the proprietors are assholes / busy all the time / Kerouac reading, unwashed undergrads. I have lost my usual means of unwinding, and I already feel the stress building up in my neck and shoulders.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Inlander

• coprophage

Some guy friend-requested me on Facebook. As far as I can tell, the only reason he did it is because his name is almost identical to my own. I really don't use Facebook that much - is it bad etiquette to ignore him and dismiss the request? Do people get offended when other people do that, or is it par for the course? I mean, I'm only on Facebook to keep in touch with people I actually know, not to buddy up to the whole damn internet.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Harry I turn down friend requests all the time, it is not rude. If you don't know the person or don't like them you can deny their little request and you don't have to feel bad about it.
Liz is touching me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30   Go Up