THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 23:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable, pt B  (Read 33398 times)

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

That's a relief.

Sometimes I'm all at sea among you kids and your "computers" and your "internet" and your "social networking". When I was in primary school we only had one computer. One computer in the whole damn school!

It was on a trolley.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Sometimes I'm all at sea among you kids and your "computers" and your "internet" and your "social networking". When I was in primary school we only had one computer. One computer in the whole damn school!

I can't find the thread for some reason, but I recently had to ask the same question for the exact same reason. Also, my elementary school had a whole computer room, with a program that you could use to steer a turtle around the screen. *sticks out tongue*

ADDITION: While searching the forum attempting to find the earlier thread I referred to, I happened to see this bit of gold from when jon was fairly new to the forum:

That cat does not look happy. Has anyone else here been miserable in a relationship, yet you wake up with your arms around them anyways just to escape the loneliness? That is what that cat is feeling right now. You can just taste the contempt in those eyes, but he is afraid no one else will love him.
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2008, 22:35 by jhocking »

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

HARRY your post made me laugh out loud which is something the internet rarely, if ever, makes me do and i felt you should know that.

when i was in primary schools we had to log in to these really old windows 1.0 computers so we could play learning games and typing programs and all kinds of stuff that is fun when you are 5. to use the computers, we had to login with a password that was our last name and then the first letter of our first name. i have countless memories of constantly not being able to use the computers on account i didn't know how to spell "arvanitidis", and after a certain point the teachers stopped helping me cos they said i had to know how to spell my name just like everybody else named "smith" and "lee" and "jones".

discrimination
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Inlander

• coprophage

You're laughing at my childhood!

tania

• famed sex columnist

but it was on a trolley! what isn't funny about that?

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer

Hrm...we had really old DOS computers that taught us spelling via some sort of crazy circus.  And then there were Macs once I got out of kindergarten...I so fondly remember Dr. Quandary, and Reader Rabbit.  I was a Number Cruncher king, too. 

Anyways...Dear i386 thread,

My sister got her appendix out, she is recovering in the hospital for tonight, watching Hancock or something.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Blog thread! A change of pace has happened!

A random stranger on the internet im'd me. Well, not so random. They are on a site that I am also on, and we have been stalking each others profiles, without saying a word.  Anyway, he is interesting, and I am kinda thinking of inviting him to the show. But first out for coffee.

Good idea?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Yes! PROCEED. Worst case scenario is that he's a creeper and you ditch him after coffee
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Gilead

queenmab7713

Are you going to pay him to go to the free concert with you?? :-P No but, really, it sounds like fun. Go for it!
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2008, 23:18 by queenmab7713 »

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Yes! I know the site you mean and I have had nothing but good (or at least interesting) experiences from meeting people off it.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

Dear Grog Head,

I'm really fucking sick. I've spent the last few days taking care of my girlfriend who has been a bit under the weather and I'm pretty sure I got her flu. Normally I don't mind being sick. It sucks and everything but it usually doesn't matter that much because hey, I can just chill out for a bit and get back on my feet but I'm meant to play a show with my band tonight and anyone who has heard me sing will know that I can't really do a gig if I'm this sick. I really don't want to do myself any damage, especially now when we're in the middle of recording our EP. I just called the drummer and he's going to see if he can organise for the rest of the band to just play an instrumental set but I feel so bad about it because I was really looking forward to this one as my brother and his friends and some of our cousins were going to come see it.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

but it was on a trolley! what isn't funny about that?

I believe "trolley" is his quaint ozzie way of referring to a push-cart.

tania

• famed sex columnist

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

It is? I've seen many push-carts with computers in schools. TVs, projectors, pretty much any expensive electronics from the AV room is wheeled in on a cart.

ADDITION:

OMG HILARIOUS

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAHAHA

http://images.google.com/images?q=av%20cart
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2008, 23:28 by jhocking »

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Jeez Oldmanhocking, always trying to ruin someone else's joy. ALWAYS
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

tania

• famed sex columnist

see i'm imagining a class of kids waiting in silent anticipation, and then a teacher enters the classroom slowly pushing a trolley with a computer on it while "chariots of fire" plays in the background and the kids all gasp and shout "YAAAAAAAAY" while waving their arms. it's a pretty good little movie, i mean it ends on a positive note and i guess families could enjoy it.

Gilead

I just got an email telling me I'm being scheduled for an interview at the International Film School in Sydney, I am so ridiculously excited that I did a bunch of happy rolls, this is the best start to my week.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Fuck miniatures, fuck this hobby and fuck the 5 years I've devoted to it. Shit still doesn't work how I want it to! Oh god why do I try and build these fuckers at like 12am after I have been awake all day? It only leads to frustration and personal injury for me. Fuck you exacto knives. Fuck you space marine veterans. Fuck you Games Workshop.

In other news. Part two of getting a new job in 14 hours.

My current manager asked me to withdraw my application.
lolwut?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Are you going to pay him to go to the free concert with you?? :-P No but, really, it sounds like fun. Go for it!

Haha I know you. And no. He is paying for the coffee, and possibly for the dinner after the concert!

Yes! I know the site you mean and I have had nothing but good (or at least interesting) experiences from meeting people off it.

As sad as it is,two of my three current best friends came from that site. So yes, meeting people there has been interesting to say the least.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

I just sent out a Facebook invite to a bunch of people I thought might be interested in a concert I'm playing on Saturday and almost instantly a bunch of them said "No." Is this some kind of app I don't know about, and why would people install it when they are in turn going to invite everyone on their friends list to a performance by mediocre Afro-beat band Mr. Something Something.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Maybe it's just an app for turning down invites to your shows.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Johnny C

• Mentat

You are going to drive me to drink.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

I'd go see your band play, Johnny.

Inlander

• coprophage

You are going to drive me to drink.

And then imagine the songs you'll write! You could be Canada's Shane McGowan.

Johnny C

• Mentat

Might help me achieve my goal of being Canada's Will Sheff, actually.

Step 2 is "work at Blockbuster for like five years."

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

Tintin drinky drink

Wasn't that someone's avatar at one point?  I forget who...
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Ptommydski

That strip is referencing something that actually happens in a Tintin adventure called L'Île Noire. The dog keeps finding Loch Lomond whiskey and getting drunk throughout.

I read it in a French class when I was a kid.

ruyi

• Beyoncé

Blaggers,

five minutes ago I was nearly disowned by my mom, after I told her I didn't want to go to church because I'm not a Christian. I am eating popcorn and drinking tea. Breakfast could have been better.

This terrifies me!  :-(

Also I've been using emoticons a lot lately it's starting to become...non-ironic??

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Also I've been using emoticons a lot lately it's starting to become...non-ironic??

</3

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

Dear "i really shouldn't be bothering the internet with my problems but am going to do so anyway" Thread,

i'm only four hours into my work day and two hours ago i rolled my ankle something fierce; now i am hobbling around slow as can be with only one shoe on. luckily i have a desk job that doesn't require much walking.

ugh god i hate being an idiot and hurting myself.

Disgruntledly yours,

Danny
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Dimmukane

• juicer

Fuck exams,

Semester is almost over.  I am feeling that sweet sense of relief a bit too early.  And it's good.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Gilead

I read that as "Also I've been using unicorns a lot lately". It got a lot less awesome when I re-read it.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Might help me achieve my goal of being Canada's Will Sheff, actually.

Step 2 is "work at Blockbuster for like five years."

I drink a lot and have worked at a video store for a long time. Sadly I am also not Will Sheff. ...YET
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

öde

I've got a terrible unicorn habit.

Gilead

I mainline unicorns directly in to my eyeballs.

I... I have a problem.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Dear blog thread,

I think I have a mild egg allergy. Every time I eat scrambled eggs (or really any eggs-only dish), my stomach aches for like an hour and I get a tiny bit faint and reeeeally sleepy. I think maybe I should not eat eggs. The connection between "eating eggs" and "ow fuck my stomach hurts" finally clicked after almost two decades of eating eggs and, well, having my stomach hurt. I will see a doctor in the States someday and try to figure that shit out.

13 and 14-year-old girls are retarded, I swear to god. One keeps flirting with me and making cracks about how she wants me in her knickers, the other keeps trying to set me up with her while also trying to flirt with me herself, and neither of them will listen to my cries of "Leave me alone I do not like you and I also have an awesome girlfriend and even if neither of the above were true you are also VERY VERY ILLEGAL". I think I will just stop helping the drama department at the International School. It is not worth potential college references, especially since I don't want to go to college anyway.

Oh well, I am getting my laptop back in a few days when I go back to California for Christmas! I can't wait, I am going to record like 3 hours' worth of music onto it in one afternoon and it will all probably be shit and it's going to be GREAT.

That is all.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

huzzo gob tread,

I have more songage.
Code: [Select]
http://www.mediaf!re.com/?dzom3mv124tStill not terribly good or finished, but I'm making some progress, melody-wise. I hate the first 35 seconds or so, but after that I guess I like it. I certainly like it more than anything else I've made. This is the first thing I've made that I can stand to listen to more than 2 days after working on it last.
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2008, 15:56 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

might wanna put the link in code tags considering the word filter.

for simplicity's sake.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

Yesterday I bought the new Deerhoof album
:D

But then today the girl was like "i was going to get you that for christmas"
D:
it's time to stop posting

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

I am a vagina in the school play.

Well, I mean, I got into the Vagina Monologues.

Same thing, right?

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!

Apparently, there are male parts available for my college's production of The Vagina Monologues.

Part of me is toying with the idea.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Man why am I so retarded?

The bus line between Brisbane and Toowoomba is having a half price special, so returns are $20!  I got all excited and booked my tickets for Mountain goats and for heading down at Christmas going woo cheaop woo.

After I paid of course I realised I had forgotten to select the drop down box for the special seats, so all up I absolutely paid $40 more than I had to!

HILARIOUS. sigh.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz

"i was going to get you that for christmas"
D:

This is one of the things that frustrates me about christmas. Everyone sneaks about and hides things so that you don't know what you are getting, but because you don't know what people have gotten you you see things and buy things and feel all guilty when you find out that they had already gotten it for you. My brother and I have an arrangement where we tell each other what we want and go out and buy it, so we know we will get at least one thing we wanted (my parents have a habit of buying bizarre things for us for christmas). Apparently every year mum has had a great idea for what to buy Ro for his birthday/christmas/whatever and he always goes out and buys the things himself without knowing, so her plans are ruined. I am all for surprises and all, but it still annoys me that I feel guilty for buying something I didn't know someone else had gotten me!

Blog: I have no job and have gotten to the mindset that "no one is going to hire me anyway, so I don't see the point in bothering applying to places". I am not sure how I am going to get out of this mood, but sitting around on the internet all day probably isn't helping. So I am going to go for a walk and post off something I bought for mum to use as her work's secret santa present! Maybe if I am still in this mood on the weekend I will got get my nose pierced.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

öde

Jobley, ask them to refund/change your tickets for the special offer ones. If you get a nice CSA they should do it! And I am totally sleeping now.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

i'm so glad i can't surf the web while asleep.

i spent too much time on the internet as it is.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

there are male parts available...
Part of me is toying with the idea.

You could select out pretty much any two clauses from this post to form an amusing quote. It's like Mad Libs for foruming.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung

Christmas shopping sure is easy when you shop online. Presents for the folks, sister and girl all picked out, ordered and shipped :) and i even threw in some stuff for me. :) :)
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party

Now, it may be easy, but I doubt it is three emoticon easy.
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30   Go Up