Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Crossovers we wish to see in QC?

A blue police box on the corner of a street
Ally and Lisa as friends of Veronica Vance
Pintsize dreaming of electrical sheep
Lieutenant Potter getting reassigned to Cheyenne Moutain
Faye's father's car was a 1969 Dodge Charger stock car.
Pintsize making a deal for the Robot Devil's hands
Monsieur Creosote at the Coffee of Doom

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2622-2626 (Jan 20 - 24 2014) Weekly Comics Discussion Thread  (Read 41242 times)

Zwammy

• Obscure cultural reference

She would look into the distance and murmur "but he's the only man who really knows how to ignite me …".

That's pretty awesome, good on them for being excellent friends to each other.
"Forget reality. We're not part of the reality-based community." Skin Horse

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist

My best friend, with whom I had a brief fling (and it felt awkward for both of us, and that's why it didn't last, and how we upgraded to best friends from our previous casual friends relationship), is the only person I hang out with nowadays who knows (because of said fling) what kind of lover I am.
So she's got something to say in my favor, and could be a good wing-woman without bullshitting anyone - but how the Hell could she bring that up in a conversation?
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave you met Schmorgluck?"

Also minor complaint about the poll: shouldn't Marten be the one making the deal for the hands? (He is the resident Fry after all, Pintsize is like an odd mix between Bender and Tinny Tim)
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

draiden

• Not quite a lurker

I don't think he's trying to hook up with Delilah. His aversion to body hair on ladies seems pretty evident with Dora Bianchi International. And Delilah seems pretty furry. We can assume if a lady likes to let all her hair grow, she probably likes to let all of her hair grow. Even if he doesn't have a problem with other body hair, we know he prefers at least a nicely maintained shrubbery. Swing girl wasn't leaving, which leads me to think she's a roommate. She seems to be someone Marten could approach, and I'm guessing next week we will see him helping clean up and trying to talk to Swing Girl. With or without success, I don't know. Then again, in the last panel of the comic where she has a line, the blonde dude looks like maybe he's got some interest in Swing Girl, possible a boyfriend or courtier. Could be that he cleans up and leaves and Delilah gives him advice.

RE: Shaming
I don't think the intent is to shame people who have body hair. The comment seems to be aimed at just one person who has an obvious amount of hair. This is also a person that doesn't really exist. And the comment seems to be obviously humorous. If I got up in arms every time I heard the mention of four-eyes (or some variation thereof), or cracks on nerdy types, or shit about D&D players or any of the other hundred things that people could make fun for... I'd be a very angry, very busy person. And a hypocrite. And really, that's on the same level as body hair. Worse, even, because you can't really decide to stop being a nerd and it just ends there. You can't just say "oh I don't need glasses I can just shave them off my face" and magically not need corrective eyewear. Instead, when I heard remarks that are meant to be jokes, I laugh. Even if they could apply to me. Since it seems to be impossible for adult humans to follow "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" I instead submit what I follow: "If you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't laugh at others."

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Half-sasquatch really isn't fair, though. 

Bob, on the other hand, is at least half sasquatch...   :angel:
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist

RE: Shaming
I don't think the intent is to shame people who have body hair.
Well, cesariojpn has been called out on his shit since more than a week ago, and kept bringing it up again like it was okay. Which it isn't. At all.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Which is why he was told off by a mod; so perhaps we can let the matter drop now instead of keeping it alive.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I don't agree that we know that Marten doesn't like body hair - he made a joke about Dora's body hair but I seriously doubt that it's a deal breaker for him. It was just a throw-away comment played for laughs. But I agree that it seems improbable that he's interested in Delilah. I did wonder if this might be another situation where he's shot down by the object of his half-interest, or if maybe they might just have indeep chats.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Crossovers we wish to see in QC?

A blue police box on the corner of a street ........ 21 (36.2%)
Ally and Lisa as friends of Veronica Vance ........ 4 (6.9%)
Pintsize dreaming of electrical sheep ........ 13 (22.4%)
Lieutenant Potter getting reassigned to Cheyenne Moutain ........ 8 (13.8%)
Faye's father's car was a 1969 Dodge Charger stock car. ........ 3 (5.2%)
Pintsize making a deal for the Robot Devil's hands ........ 5 (8.6%)
Monsieur Creosote at the Coffee of Doom ........ 4 (6.9%)
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up