THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comic RSS feed is inconsistent  (Read 3248 times)

minino

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Comic RSS feed is inconsistent
« on: 20 Jan 2014, 01:24 »

Hello everyone.
I recently started using an RSS reader to be able to stay up to date more efficiently with the webcomics, blog post and news sites I read regularly.
I was wondering why, as of now, there isn't a new feed for every new QC comic. It seems the feeds have not been "consistent" for the last few months.
BTW, I am syncing with http://www.questionablecontent.net/QCRSS.xml

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Comic RSS feed is inconsistent
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2014, 02:32 »

A couple of months ago Jeph noted on Tumblr or in Twitter (I forget which) that he knew about the problem.  I thought he'd done something about it; but maybe not, or not enough (I don't use RSS).  If you want to email Jeph about it, the email address given on the contact page of the comic is probably best.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

minino

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2014, 03:20 »

Yes, I searched the forum before posting and I found a similar question from last October. As no more details were given and that was several months ago, I thought This was a different problem.
I wanted to ask here before bothering Jeph about this. I thought that as nobody else had said anything during this time maybe there was some other "new comic feed" people where using.
Thanks for the help.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2014, 08:07 »

Welcome, by the way!
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

marsman57

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2014, 11:08 »

This is a pretty notorious problem if you are someone who follows QC via RSS. It seems to me that Jeph updates the RSS feed manually in some manner. The primary reason I believe this is because there are often times when it is forgotten for hours/days after the comic is live and almost never updates when Jeph is out of town.

I have actually gotten over it enough that I am creating an Unofficial QC RSS feed. I'm in the process of testing that it is automatically updating properly, but if it is works, I'll post a link to it in a few days.

Also, for anyone who might be concerned out there, I am putting in the same ads that are in the standard RSS feed so that Jeph still gets equal ad revenue.

marsman57

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2014, 06:38 »

Alright, it worked this morning. The only thing that is unfortunate is I don't have access to the comic titles. Jeph must enter those manually because they are nowhere on the page besides in the comic png file.

http://grayson.netsweng.com/~brandon/QuestionableContent.xml

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2015, 03:24 »

Come on, I doubt Jeph is able to hire someone to do that job on his current budget. And he's an artist, not a computer expert, so his focus should be on the art. Give him some slack.
What do you know about Pokémon?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2015, 11:51 »

Particularly when you're his guest. Ahem.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: [1]   Go Up