THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer troubles that make me want to pull my hair out...  (Read 2686 times)

tnxgam3rx

• Not quite a lurker

My laptop will not connect to the internet unless it's connected via cord to the router. All of my other devices work fine off the Wifi, and Windows troubleshooting can't find anything wrong with it. Has anyone got any ideas as to what the problem may be?

tnxgam3rx

• Not quite a lurker

More info:
It shows up on my laptop as "Unidentified network", and won't connect to the internet. I can still connect to the other devices on the local network, just not browse the webs.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me

Go to the device manager, find the wireless, right click and select "disable".

Then, in the device manager, select "scan for hardware changes". Let it re-add the wireless.

Basically, uninstall and reinstal the wireless, should take about 2 minutes.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Is this a new machine you can't make work, or a machine that has been working and has now stopped?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

tnxgam3rx

• Not quite a lurker

Is this a new machine you can't make work, or a machine that has been working and has now stopped?
It's an old computer that has worked in the past, but for some reason it stopped working on me.

Go to the device manager, find the wireless, right click and select "disable".

Then, in the device manager, select "scan for hardware changes". Let it re-add the wireless.

Basically, uninstall and reinstal the wireless, should take about 2 minutes.
I tried that, and it still won't connect.

EDIT: I just had to boot in safe mode to fix another problem with this computer, and it wasn't able to connect then either.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2014, 06:19 by tnxgam3rx »
Pages: [1]   Go Up