THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 17:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So... Titanfall  (Read 3332 times)

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
So... Titanfall
« on: 22 Apr 2014, 09:11 »

Since I refuse to buy EA games from EA (I refuse to give them any more of my money) I waited until I could get this used, and picked it up at gamestop.

Now, this is kind of a weird game for me - in that I enjoyed it immensely at first...  and now not so much.  Once the campaign part was over, it basically just turned into online deathmatches with mechs.  Now the game never claimed to be anything else, so that's okay, but it just doesn't really appeal to me now.  Even as cool as the mechs are, and with some pretty awesome game mechanics that I'm sure will be seen in games to come in the future - it got pretty stale for me pretty fast.  I'll most likely be trading it back in on something else to be honest.  I'm just not the "kill everyone on the other team" kind of guy.  If you are, then this is probably something you want to pick up.  It definitely has its moments, and I can see that a lot of people are thoroughly enjoying it.  I'm just not one of them.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Re: So... Titanfall
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2014, 09:48 »

I'd probably be more interested if there was more of a plot involved.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2014, 11:50 »

If anyone has played it extensively multiplayer, is any of the parkourish/freerunning elements even close to giving you the same freedom of movement as rocket jumping in a quake-like game (say TF2) does?
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2014, 17:14 »

Never played quake 2, so hard for me to compare, but I started my first match and within seconds I was climbing and jumping over shit I had no business being able to.  I had little to no trouble getting anywhere I wanted to go, and I'm by no means an expert.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2014, 19:58 »

It's  lot of fun, but yeah I would have liked more of a story than random people yelling at me from little boxes.

The parkour is pretty easy to do, but it takes some getting used to.

SarahFiona

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2014, 16:26 »

If anyone has played it extensively multiplayer, is any of the parkourish/freerunning elements even close to giving you the same freedom of movement as rocket jumping in a quake-like game (say TF2) does?

I would say there's more freedom of movement than any Quake-like game, sans the crazy mods.  Once you've learned the maps it becomes trivial to get yourself into places that look unreachable.  The extra agility unlock just makes it easier.  Sometimes the game feels like what Brink wanted to be in terms of movement.

Unfortunately, the lack of a single player campaign and the broken match-making makes the game something of a let down for me.  Fun, and probably worth it used, but it could have been so much more.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2014, 19:40 »

Personally I'm in the Yahtzee camp that a game that doesn't have any form of single player campaign is just not worth full standard retail. At all.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2014, 04:56 »

I go a step beyond that, for the most part I won't do multiplayer at all if it's not in the same room as the other person.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: [1]   Go Up