THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Trek Fleet Operations (RTS Madness, seeking players)  (Read 2807 times)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

http://www.fleetops.net/

So I'm looking for people to play Fleet Ops with. Any takers?
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

I might be interested, but I wont be home for a few days.  I'll look more into it then.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Pretty solid so far, but I will say the one bug bear with the AI, units getting "lost" and having to put all your ships on search and destroy for 20-30 minutes to find the stragglers remains. Otherwise there's been significant musical, graphic and AI upgrades, the switch to a 2D plane is nice too. The lack of warp drive is annoying if you're used to the original game, and lastly resources can be a real pain in the ass to acquire in decent numbers.

the AI is also a lot more crunchy, there is no easy and while Normal's not too much of an issue they are toothy till you get used to the tech trees. Be nice if it gave you campaign access with all the reskins and stuff, but no such luck sadly.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.

People still play Armada 2? My goodness, I don't think I've had that game installed in almost 10 years.
Quis pater tibi est?

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Well they never really made a follow up did they? So it's really the only option for real deal trek nerds.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

Pfft. Give me Klingon or Borg or Harbinger any day.

Yes I know those are completely different kind of Star Trek game.

(i'll stop trolling your thread now)

GarandMarine

• Awakened

You can play Borg or Klingon in the game.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

I know. I was messing with you :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up