THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2409 times)

danpaul88

• Not quite a lurker
Greetings
« on: 06 May 2014, 06:49 »

Hi!

I've been reading QC for almost as long as I can remember but had never stumbled across the forums before now so I figured I'd drop in and introduce myself. I'm a 26 year old software developer based in Northampton (the one in England) and I play a lot of video games, from Kerbal Space Program to Assassins Creed and most anything in between... don't really stick to any specific genre of game, if I like the look of something I'll just buy it and give it a go.

In my spare time I work with a group of like-minded people to develop new video games on the W3D engine alongside other personal projects on a smaller scale. If anyone is interested in a free to play FPS game which focuses on gameplay over graphics feel free to check out our website. Apologies in advance if it's considered bad form to post links to things in an intro topic, but it's something I spend a lot of time on and thus quite relevant to my online identity. Feel free to remove said link if it breaks any forum rules (I should probably have read those first in hindsight ^^)

Outside of gaming I guess I'm a fairly normal guy... I go out walking in the countryside, post pictures of snow on Facebook in case anyone had somehow missed the layer of white stuff on the floor outside their front door, go out to the pub for lunch (several times a week :/ ) and act as a personal servant to my cat.

So... I guess that kind of sums me up... if you'd like to know anything else feel free to ask.

PS: I re-read QC from the beginning a few weeks back and noticed how Faye was originally depicted as being quite slim and gradually changed to her current build... I hadn't really noticed that before now! Anyone else spotted that?

PPS: Not sure if any of the web designers will read this but your registration page has white text on a white background for several of the fields... makes it tricky to see what you've written in them! I'm using Firefox 28.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2014, 07:02 »

Welcome, newcomer!

Protect your lug wrench! :psyduck:
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

danpaul88

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2014, 07:21 »

Protect your lug wrench! :psyduck:

Don't worry, my socket spanner is safely locked away in my car  :laugh:

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2014, 11:16 »

It looks like - with the grey theme at least - it's only the password fields that are white-on-white. It may be deliberate.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

danpaul88

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2014, 11:53 »

The username field also turned white after I had finished typing and tabbed to the next field, it was white-on-dark-grey until then... definitely something a bit odd going on.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2014, 12:21 »

Huh. I dunno then. Anywho, hi!

Your socket spanner is not safe there either. Really.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2014, 16:04 »

Greetings!!

*Melts your Socket Spanner*

You cannot escape    >:D

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2014, 23:50 »

Told you.

danpaul88

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2014, 01:24 »

*prods molten spanner with a stick

:-(

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2014, 02:09 »

I'll check the behaviour of the registration fields when I return home from my holiday in Viet Nam in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the heads-up.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: [1]   Go Up