THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 22:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youtube may buy out Twitch???  (Read 2912 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
Re: Youtube may buy out Twitch???
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2014, 02:54 »

neither youtube nor twitch are declining to comment.

So, what did they say?  :-P

Personally, I prefer Youtube's video player to Twitch's, even with all of the annoying changes and bugs Youtube had been introducing recently.  I don't usually watch livestreams on Youtube or Twitch, but I do watch back the recordings, so for me Youtube making Twitch's video player more like Youtube's would be good.  From what I've heard Twitch's chat stream is much better than Youtube's, but I infrequently comment on things anyway.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
Re: Youtube may buy out Twitch???
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2014, 03:12 »

Twitch has a pretty good player that they've kept around for a while. They've got services specifically tuned to do what they do - streams. The adds line up (mostly) with where it's natural to have adds, the live chat works well, and the streamers have a lot of power over how to run their channel. Most importantly, Twitch seems to not fix what's not broken.

Youtube, on the other hand, has managed to make every single part of their site worse at one point during it's history. Comments are shit, video playback is buggy, prebuffering has been partially removed, I stopped getting interesting suggestions for non-subscribed content, selecting a new resolution takes ages to take effect, resizing the video to small resets the resolution to shit, etc. They're just plain unable to let something good stay good. If youtube people takes over twitch, we will probably see the same bullshit there.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive
Pages: [1]   Go Up