THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft: Official thread  (Read 93718 times)

3Z3VH

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
World of Warcraft: Official thread
« on: 17 Dec 2004, 12:30 »

Ok, things to post here:

* First off, tell us the name, and server you play under.

* Also, your character info such as Race/Class/Professions.

* Anything cool your character does, or has.

* IN-GAME PICTURES !
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2004, 12:36 »

I am a Gnome Rogue, by the name of Haeze, on the DoomHammer server.

Currently my character is a Lvl 29, and is an artisan Engineer and nearly a top-level Miner.

I am specializing him in Dual-Wield/Fist Weapons/Combat and can dish out a LOT of pain with the claws (soon to be BLADES !) he uses !

Here is a pic:  (If this is too small, just save the picture to your drive, it is shown a lot smaller than the picture's actual size here)

Phrozen

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2004, 19:46 »

I just got my copy today. I have a Night Elf huntress named himitsu on Feathermoon. No pic yet, maybe later. besides she looks retarded still.

Bailey

« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2004, 22:24 »

Kassany on Icecrown. Human mage, level 12, and I can't remember my numbers but about 120 skill in tailoring, and around the same range in herbalism (which, by the way is a TOTAL cash cow if you aren't an alchemist ;) )

No recent screencaps, but here's one from when I was seventh level (and my narcoleptic panda!):

Also, Thottbot profile (get Cosmos!) http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?p=Kassany.Icecrown

Outshined

« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2004, 00:37 »

Dorngaard, Llane server.  I'm a level 44 human warlock, currently at ~260 tailoring and enchanting.  Perhaps unusual for a caster class, I like cutting things up with a sword.  

I <3 Felhunter.

Phobos

« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2004, 00:42 »

Quote from: Outshined
Dorngaard, Llane server.  I'm a level 44 human warlock, currently at ~260 tailoring and enchanting.  Perhaps unusual for a caster class, I like cutting things up with a sword.  

I <3 Felhunter.

Are there like 400 levels or something?  My god, how did you get to 44 so quickly?

Phrozen

« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2004, 03:36 »

let it be known that this game owns me so hard...

I have my lvl 13 Night Elf Huntress kicking it out on Feathermoon. If you're ever on the realm my name is Himitsu.

I'm also becoming an RP geek. This is quite possibly the most frightening aspect of what this game has done to me. I went to a "ball" and joined a guild today. It was fun in it's own demented sort of way.

Oh and if you play on an RP server I highly recomend playing as a female.Guys attempt to pick up on you and be nice, it's sad but I get stuff out of it! yay stuff!

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2004, 09:48 »

I justify it by not TOTALLY geeking out over it... All the people I play with... my entire guild, are all people I know in real life... so I am not drowning myself in it as if I am these people's best friends when I have never met them ;)

Also, I am not sure how the players feel... but I have seen some Lvl 60 people in there already... All I can think is how sad their lives must be to already be that high a level... although I am sure they think they are super-popular because they are that high.  Poor, poor souls.

Phrozen

« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2004, 17:20 »

chances are good that anyone at lvl 60 is just an old beta player that knows how to quickly level up their characters. Hell I'm at lvl 15 after 2 days of playing and I'm not really trying to lvl.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #9 on: 21 Dec 2004, 10:55 »

Getting to Lvl 15 is nothing... after about Lvl 20, levelling gets a LOT slower.  More running around to do your quests... as in going between zones now instead of just back and forth around a single zone.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #10 on: 21 Dec 2004, 11:02 »

On another note, I have new in-game pictures !  If anyone was on the IRC channel last night they saw them.

Anyway, here they are.  (Click on the pic for full-resolution versions)

A (real-life) friend and I using our Hearthstones.

Me getting 100+ damage on critters with a FISHING POLE !  Hehe

A boar I saw climbing a tree near the Burning Steppes :D

The size comparisson of me vs some of the beasts I kill...

The caves I am currently exploring with my guy...

A fun one of me flying a griffon in the town of IronForge.

Vaitork

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #11 on: 23 Dec 2004, 19:58 »

Name: Vaitork
Race/Class: Night Elf/Druid
LvL: 21 by now
Server: Whisperwind
Guild: Silver Blades

Christmas Screenshots :D

Me sitting with Santa

Me with xmas tree behind

Me in cat form watching over King Dwarf :P hehehe

btw, for those who are wondering, Jeph is lvl24 and loves to crack crocs heads :D it's cool to see your favorite webcomicker around sometimes, even if its an online game..

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #12 on: 24 Dec 2004, 20:42 »

Name: Est
Race/Class: Gnomish Arcane Cannon (Mage)
Lvl: just turned 19 today
Server: Whisperwind
Tradeskills: Alchemy (130), Cooking (20), First-Aid (100), Fishing (50), Herbalism (150)

Cool stuff I do includes taking out things 3 or 4 levels higher than me (grr 3-level resist thingo), taking on two guys my level at once and taking out an elite that was my level (at lvl 18) by myself.  well, at least i think it's cool.  :)  my rationale for taking on the Elite was "well, if i can take two even-levels at once, and Elites have double the hitpoints, then...".  as for the "3 levels above" thing, that's about my only indication (as well as Elite status) now for if i can take something or not.  taking something 3 levels above me is pretty simple if it is not elite & i am rested up.  how is it for melee classes?  similar, better/worse?

i haven't really paid that much attention to gear as yet, as i am constantly poor.  maybe i can get better results once i start getting into the levels where decent int gear is prevalent (ie: 20+)

Stuff I am doing at the moment/near future:
- that quest where you stop dudes from blowing up the dam in Loch Modan.  up to killing the Mo'Grosh dudes, and couldn't find anyone to help me out, hence killing elites by myself.
- once this quest is done, or maybe once i hit 20 i am taking a ship to Darnassus in order to get my Expert Alchemy training done.
- once i hit 20 or maybe 21 i'll go and try to take out Ol'Sooty by myself (level 20 Elite bear, have to kill him for a quest in Loch Modan).
- i will need to harvest a bunch of stuff and begin making healing potions and selling them for crazy dollars at the Auction House

In the future:
- will have to re-do my Talent selection.  i am totally not sure what kind of Mage i want to be yet, but once i figure it out i will probably pay to remove and reconfigure my Talents so that they are exactly what i want.
- make a bunch of potions, send them & some gear to my warrior.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #13 on: 24 Dec 2004, 23:27 »

Quick question: can you re-distribute Talent Points once they've been assigned? Hindsight being 20/20 and all that...
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Meisou

« Reply #14 on: 25 Dec 2004, 00:00 »

Re: Jeph - Talk to your class trainer and choose to unlearn your talents.  It will cost you money, and the amount increases each time you do it (1g -> 5g, etc.)  I don't remember the starting amount.

My Primary:

Name: Kanae
Race/Class: Female Human Rogue
Lvl: Currently 37
Server: Thunderlord
Tradeskills: Herb/Alch, around 200ish.  Not actively working on maxing them out until I'm 40+ (Ie after I get my mount)
Guild: Jhereg (Guild Leader)  It's mainly friends I know in real life plus a couple of good players I've grouped with ingame; not actively seeking enrollment because I want to keep it a good set of people who know and talk to each other.

Unfortunately, due to coming home to 28.8 and other circumstances I can't play until the 12th of January *sobs*  So my friends damn well BETTER catch up to my level by then XD  (I'm leading by like....12 levels? >_>)

Cool stuff I do: Stab the shit out of the Horde.  Stalking is fun.  I'm the kind of person you'd hate to run into; I kill anything that isn't Alliance and moves...or doesn't move.   I stealth through entire contested zones so I have the upper hand on anyone I come across *whistles*

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #15 on: 25 Dec 2004, 10:59 »

i am thinking of starting an alt on a PvP server just to see what it's all about.  so far in my 19 levels i've only seen 3 horde players, and they have all been wolves running in a near-invisible mode to get elsewhere.

would be interesting i think to see what the differences are once i've had some nice, friendly fun on Whisperwind.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #16 on: 25 Dec 2004, 11:49 »

If we do start some PvPing, we should coordinate so we get a bunch of QC peeps on the same PvP server and on the same side. We could roam the countryside, bashing fools who read MegaTokyo and sprite comics! :)
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Vaitork

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #17 on: 26 Dec 2004, 08:19 »

Quote from: jeph
If we do start some PvPing, we should coordinate so we get a bunch of QC peeps on the same PvP server and on the same side. We could roam the countryside, bashing fools who read MegaTokyo and sprite comics! :)

Please do! I want to see what's all about.. I made this Tauren Shaman on Burning Legion, but it's a Low server so I never started training :( maybe we should get on a Medium PVP server.. Say, Kil'Jaeden? Tichondrius? Pick one and i'll see you there.. I'll have Toromalo as my Tauren Shaman or Benito as my Gnome Rogue :D hahaha Benito.. I love his name.. ehm..

So, anyway.. Maybe Jeph could pick one? :)

Mnementh

« Reply #18 on: 26 Dec 2004, 15:41 »

If you start PvPing I have a dwarf on Arthas (falling to the wayside) and Bleeding hollow (Prime)

Vaitork

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #19 on: 26 Dec 2004, 17:25 »

I propose Bleeding Hollow as our Alliance PVP server. Does everyone agree?

I have yet to train a character in that server, but Vaitork is already reserved there (Gnome Rogue, Benito wasn't available :( )

Whaddayasay?

Edit: Bleeding Hollow then :)

Mnementh

« Reply #20 on: 26 Dec 2004, 19:14 »

I'd prefer bleeding hollow.  I never got the chance to play with jeph and est on whisperwind because meatlife friends kept dragging around to servers.  I kinda want to get settled one place.  still I have a lvl 10 just sitting there, so it is doable.

Vaitork

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #21 on: 27 Dec 2004, 07:25 »

Ok then EVERYONE make a char in Bleeding Hollow, ok? See you there!

Whorhay

« Reply #22 on: 27 Dec 2004, 07:33 »

My Tauren Hunter named Uggh on Garona is now level 40, pretty close to 41. Got my mount the moment I turned 40 and loaned my friend half the money for his when he leveled up. So far I have kept all my trade skills up to date. Engineering 245, Mining 265, Cooking 225, First Aid 212 and fishing 227. I just got the quest done for master fishing last and need a few more giant eggs to finish the cooking mastery quest. I haven't started the First Aid one because I haven't gotten enough mageweave to work it up to 225 yet. Cooking should be good though as I wil shortly be able to make food that gives a mana regen buff plus some other types. I've talent speced so far to max my ranged damage and make my pet a better aggro tank. I love getting crit aimed shots for 800+, nothing like one shot killing level 30 mobs. I regualarly crit for around 400 and taking out four equal con mobs is a good challenge without resorting to my tricksy Goblin Engineering ways.

Mnementh

« Reply #23 on: 27 Dec 2004, 07:35 »

oh yeah, my character on bleeding hollow is named Durion

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
  • the limit as cool approaches awesome of myself
« Reply #24 on: 27 Dec 2004, 10:54 »

yaaah i finally got WoW today....the patch is downloading right now about half done at 55 kb/s
Im going to be a Night Elf Rogue on Skullcrusher... Haven't picked a name yet.
I'd rather be skiing.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #25 on: 27 Dec 2004, 11:39 »

My Gnomish Rogue, Haeze on DoomHammer is now Lvl 36.  The rogue rocks so hard core... my sprint ability now lets me run as fast as people on their mounts... My little gnome leans back as he runs that fast as if he can't keep up with his legs :D

And to all those who want a taste of PvP without having to build a new character... as long as you are on a "Normal" server... not a Role Playing server, once you reach the high 20s and up, you will be in "Neutral Zones" that have towns for both Horde and Alliance.  There are regular attacks on each city from the opposing sides and makes for a fun evening.  2 nights ago I was protecting Astranaar against some Horde that wanted to take it out for some reason.  After they were all offed, I went on with my quests in the woods, but my PvP tag was still active, so some Lvl 38 Orc Warrior tried to off me.  Shame he didn't realise what my flash powder does.  I got him to about half his life, and I was almost dead... I used my flash powder and instantly disappeared, hit myself with a heal potion, and Sinister Strike'd him in the back for a 524 point hit, and Eviscerated him for another 488.  Dropped him like a sack of potatoes.  He was so pissed he called in his level 54 Tauren buddy to kill me, so I Sprinted away, and went stealth.  the 54 never found me :D

Rogues > All

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #26 on: 27 Dec 2004, 12:52 »

Also... Gnomeregan is teh win !

With my engineering skill I made a Gnomish Universal Remote and was able to control the mechanical beasties down there and have them fight for me instead of against me.  That was the coolest (and funniest !) thing ever :D

And holy hell the guy at the end of that city is hard, we had to fight our way to him 3 times before we figured out the trick to beating him.

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #27 on: 27 Dec 2004, 22:48 »

6 Hours played, level 10...Not bad :) Rogues are fun...I just got my dual weild! so quick...
Here i Am! (Gavriel, Skullcrusher, NE Rogue)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/cheesepie/Lvl10.bmp
I'd rather be skiing.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #28 on: 28 Dec 2004, 09:47 »

Also, to anyone who plays a lot, I highly recommend the Cosmos UI plugin for WoW... It has so many cool thingers to add to the user interface in the game that help a LOT !

You can download it here.

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #29 on: 28 Dec 2004, 11:26 »

Quote from: 3Z3VH
Also, to anyone who plays a lot, I highly recommend the Cosmos UI plugin for WoW... It has so many cool thingers to add to the user interface in the game that help a LOT !

You can download it here.

Not to burst your bubble or anything...but Cosmos is illegal...Read the Terms of Use before you agree to them
I'd rather be skiing.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #30 on: 28 Dec 2004, 12:39 »

Quote from: cheesepie

Not to burst your bubble or anything...but Cosmos is illegal...Read the Terms of Use before you agree to them

Before you rehash INCORRECT rumours... it is better to get it from the horse's mouth.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #31 on: 28 Dec 2004, 13:35 »

On another note... I have noticed that people fall into one of two groups in WoW.  The leaders, or the followers.

I have noticed every time I join a Party to do some instance or something, I end up having to lay down a bunch of ground rules they all have to abide by if they want my help, otherwise the party gets nowhere in the dungeon.  I am definitely a leader in that game.  I end up telling the party what they all need to do, and orchestrating our attacks... such as "Paladin1, you need to aggro the big guy so he stays off of us damage dealers while we do our jobs... Paladin #2, you need to do nothing but heal us and look out for other incoming enemies... Mage, you need to sheep the guy on the left, I will use my remote to control the robot on the right... everybody got it ?  Ok, let's go"

I am totally not like that in real life... I find it odd.

Anyway, back on the topic... I noticed about 80% of the players in that game are followers.  I became a leader from joining too many groups of all followers and all they do is keep rushing enemy after enemy and not resting up to gain mana and health, or aggroing a ton of guys at once, and they all end up dying.

Just something I noticed... anyone else notice the same ?

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #32 on: 28 Dec 2004, 15:29 »

i agree.  some people just don't get what they have to do.  i hope that they are new, but i have seen this at the highest levels of a game, also (absolute morons going on high-level raids with me in other games).

some people just don't get it, and it is a fine, fine group indeed that is filled with people who know their roles and can TCOB.

ps: just abandoned both alchemy & herbalism and switched to Tailoring and Enchanting.  they just seem more fun.  more things to do than just make potions all day, most of which won't help me.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #33 on: 28 Dec 2004, 21:55 »

As soon as its shipped to my house from blizzard ill be playing dalaran as a gnomish mage.

Taim

« Reply #34 on: 28 Dec 2004, 23:26 »

No love for the horde! :(

;)

I've got a lvl 32 Tauren Druid on Arthas.
Herbalism around 180ish  and Enchanting about 150ish

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #35 on: 29 Dec 2004, 11:45 »

I was the first in my group of friends to play the game and I was playing with a Troll Shaman, a Gnome Rogue, A Human Priest, A Human Mage, and a Tauren Warrior, all on the Whisperwind server... so I tried both sides of the fence and still hadn't made a decision... but all my friends here in town started playing on DoomHammer together as Alliance... since I wanted to play with them, I just chose the character I had the most fun with, and re-created my Gnome Rogue on DoomHammer.

Vaitork

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #36 on: 29 Dec 2004, 14:11 »

I realize Haeze is quite right.. Gnomes DO rock :) (remember Micah's lesson)

Ok then, besides my Night Elf Druid on Whisperwind, I'm training my Gnome Rogue on PVP Bleeding Hollow (both are Vaitork so drop by and say hi ^^)

Est, are you gonna do the chart signing thingie for the guild creation? How is the Questionable Content guild gonna be named? Should we wait for Jeph and see if he's really willing to PVP in Bleeding Hollow?

Stay tuned :) this may be good..

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #37 on: 29 Dec 2004, 14:19 »

If I ever go PvP, I will do another gnome rogue, but I will give him black hair and beard, and will make sure every piece of armor I get is black... why ?  Because when you use Stealth, black is harder to pick out against the background, and gnomes are tiny. Even if their character can see your stealthed rogue, they can't physically see you on their screen to target you... gives you that extra little bit of time to Cheap Shot them and beat the living hell out of them while they are stunned ;)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #38 on: 29 Dec 2004, 15:40 »

seeing as Jeph is actually playing, i think i might talk to him before starting up any kind of QC-based clan.  considering the fact that there are not that many of us playing on Whisperwind together anyway, maybe it's best if one of us finds a good clan to join, and we all join up with them.

i made lvl 20 yesterday, almost got to 21 today, but spent most of the day (and all last night) farming for linen to get my Tailoring skill up to a semidecent level. 92 in 2 days isn't quite so bad, but i tell you, jumping from 10cp to 1sp per spool of thread was a bit of a shock.  then i saw the prices of the other threads, (10sp, 50sp, etc) and nearly had a heart attack.  it's gonna be interesting trying to level this skill up once i get up into the higher levels.

also, the higher the type of material, the more you need for a spool.  wtf?  from 2 with linen to 3 with wool.  then 4 for silk, 5 for runecloth(?) etc.  it's going to be very annnoying if the drop rates for the materials stay anywhere near what i'm experiencing now :/

Whorhay

« Reply #39 on: 30 Dec 2004, 07:37 »

est, if you need to farm more linen an excellent place is the undead farm right near the border of silverpine and whatever the zone UC is in. The npc mobs there drop multiple peices of linen almost every kill andI believe they are like level ten so make for super easy pickings.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #40 on: 30 Dec 2004, 09:26 »

Est: I had the same sticker shock when I was levelling... but honestly, you get soooo much more cash and higher-level materials when you start fighting higher level guys.  Starting at Level 15, the enemies start dropping wool, and give more wool the higher their level, then at 25 they start dropping silk, and now that I am taking on Level 40s (I am still only Level 36, but I am dropping 40s like nothing ;) ) they are dropping Mageweave.  I am sure by the time I start felling Level 50 humanoid beasties they will start dropping RuneCloth.

And honestly... 50s isn't all that much cash to me in the game anymore.  Especially when you consider these Level 40s drop about 5s each, you only need to kill 10 of them to get 50s.  The only thing is you still can't save up your cash all that quick because all your spells cost more as well... My Level 36 stuff cost about 1g50s for each ability... and I got like 7 new abilities to buy at 36... add to that buying equipment, giving up all the magic items to my enchanter guildmate so he can enchant my shiz, etc.  You will honestly be strapped for cash up to at least level 50 as far as I can see so far.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #41 on: 30 Dec 2004, 14:27 »

Haeze: are you dropping 40's in a group, or by yourself?  if you're doing them by yourself, then i think that i need to powerlevel a melee character and use him to finance my Mage.  i simply cannot be effective on anything much more than 3 levels higher than me, (either in a group or one-on-one) due to the spell resistance thing.

there are some things that i just cannot take on due to high spell resistance, no matter what the level.  like Dragonkin, for example.  tried taking one on that was 2 levels above me & it just resisted everything.

playing a Mage is fun and all, but if i can't be as effective as a melee character, then nuts to that.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #42 on: 30 Dec 2004, 14:46 »

Melee characters have the same issue you are having.  Any NPC more than 2 or 3 levels above me causes me to miss almost 70% of my swings at them... good thing about being a rogue using Blades on his fists is they are fast as hell !  So sure, I am missing 70% of my swings, but I am swinging SO MANY TIMES that I hit them enough.  I also am coating one of my blades with Deadly Poison, and the other with Instant Poison III, so when I DO score a hit, I tend to toss a DOT on them that they can't resist once it is on them... so they keep getting damaged even while I miss.  Beyond that I just do as much as I can to keep myself from taking damage... My agility is up to some ungodly number... I think last I ghecked it was up to 174.  That means he has almost as hard a time hitting me as I do hitting him.  Add to that stuff like my Evasion spell that makes 50% of his hits, also miss... then I max out my armor, and when I get hit really hard, I use my Gouge ability to stun him long enough for me to bind myself with a nice Heavy Silk Bandage I made with the First Aid I studied up on... it heals me pretty well and gets me to last long enough to finish the guy off.

When I do join a group, they all love me for how much damage I can throw down on an enemy all at once.  Currently me, A Lvl 38 Paladin, and a Lvl 40 Warlock are doing an instance full of Lvl 38 Elites and we are mopping them up.  Basically the Paladin takes all the enemy's damage while healing everyone, I do all the damage, and the Warlock uses his spells to keep other enemies from trying to kill us while we attack the one.  It works really well.  If I ever do too much damage to the enemy to get him to start attacking me, I just use Feint, or Vanish, and he goes back to attacking thepaladin so my fragile guy with leather armor lives long enough to toss more damage than the enemy can live through.

It's all about using your strengths, and minimizing your weaknesses.  When a Mage is soloing, he should be trying to keep the enemy at as much a distance as possible.  Freezing them in place and doing ranged damage, backing up to the maximum distance so you have time to freeze him again when he breaks free, and sheeping the guy if he gets to be too much to handle.

The most successful mages I have seen have been Miners/Engineers as their professions.  As weird as it sounds, it works great for them, because they get all the toys that can do damage while they recharge their mana, and they can use the mechanical pets like Compact Harvest Reapers and Battle Chickens and such to keep the enemy from attacking them.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #43 on: 30 Dec 2004, 15:36 »

yeah, i know that i should be keeping them at a distance & freezing etc.  in fact, i'm thinking of going ice/arcane as my primary/secondary talent specialties.  to me, the mana regen abilities of the Arcane line are too critical to ignore.  you get that fairly early though, and the rest of that tree doesn't interest me all that much.  other than that, the fire line sounds good, but the high-end ice abilities & a 50% chance to crit when they are held in a Frost nova root are just too good to pass up.

i hate the 2-profession limit :/  i'm a tailor/enchanter now.  gave up on a 180/150 herbalist/alchemist because i realised that it was fucking boring. pick herbs, make potions i hardly ever use.  repeat.  just spent some time building up to the beginnings of wool (~90), and enchanting gives me something to do with all those pissy little green things you pick up but can't use, other than selling them.

i guess that it wouldn't be impossible to change again to mining and engineering and make those chickens, etc, but i'm not sure if i want to go that route.  i mean, it doesn't really curtail my original problem, in that over 3 levels above me, basically nothing hits.  i'd be relying upon my engineered pet to kill the creature all by itself, which sounds to me to be pretty much impossible.  less than 4 levels above me, it's toast.  i guess that the pet might help out with Elites in that range, though.  i can hit them just fine, but they have all those goddamn hitpoints.  hmm.

one thing that is anoying though, is that if i am going to switch back to a melee character then i probably should have kept my herbalism/alchemy so that i could have made potions for my melee dude.  oh well.  see, problem with me is that i am the type of player that wants to be able to do everything with the one character (tradeskill-wise).  i would have much preferred them to have done something like the EQ tradeskill method, where you can do any tradeskill up to a point, then you have to select one to specialise in to do the high-end stuff.  it gives people time to try out each one before they choose which one they want to do seriously.

all bitching aside, Mages in WoW are definitely a lot more fun to play than Wizards in EQ.  you get a lot more versatility being able to summon things & poly enemies.

ps: CosmosUI looks awesome.  gonna have to try it out later.

Mage_Man

« Reply #44 on: 02 Jan 2005, 03:35 »

I play a character named Tonie on server Alleria. He is a Human Warlock level 21. Sitting in Lakeshire right now. I'm liking this character at time and then again I'm not. He is my only prime character. I have another character on another server incase this sever ever goes down for awhile.

I'm all up for an Alliance clan. I'll make that guy one of my prime characters also. Probably go with Human Paly or something Paly. Maybe a druid.

After playing with something with a low amount of armor and no healing spells the game gets difficult. So yeah I can't wait to hear news back from Jeph or whoever start it.

Oh yeah I have some cool screenshots. I have one where my head is on a chair as if it was cut off or something. (Happened by sitting in a chair then falling asleep from the chair.)

I also have a few screenshots where the game lagged and someone saw me roaming around with me still riding the gryphon. =D

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #45 on: 02 Jan 2005, 09:19 »

Currently sitting at level 27, trying desperately to find interesting enemies to fight that aren't in elite dungeons (I don't have 45 minutes to find a group and then another 3 hours to dedicate to it at any one time). Hurrrrr.

I can usually take out anything 2 levels above me with little to no trouble,   but 3-4 levels usually requires Evasion or a healing potion if I want to survive.

One thing I'm starting to regret is not really paying attention to crafting earlier on in the game. I have basically no experience in anything other than basic first aid and it'd be nice to be able to make some potions for myself sometimes. Maybe I'll take up herbalism tonight or something, who knows.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #46 on: 03 Jan 2005, 13:22 »

I have been levelling a lot slower than my friends because I ALWAYS take the time out to go mine a mineral vein when I see one.  Thusly, my character is very well-rounded... I have my mining up to 249 (one more point and I can mine THORIUM !) and my engineering is up to 256.

I finally made my Gnomish Battle Chicken (I have screenshots I will post soon) and my Goblin Jumper Cables (which don't work nearly as often as I would like :( )

But as I said, my character has suffered in terms of levelling.  All my guildmates are Level 42-45 and I JUST made it to Level 40 last night.  I am convincing myself that my character is flat broke so I don't spend all the money I am saving up for my Mechano-Strider.  I even got involved in the IronForge Auction House Commodities Trade to get more gold.  Most profitable item ?  Truesilver bars.  You can send out a /2 saying you will buy Truesilver bars for 1g each, then turn around and sell them for 2g in the auction without much trouble.  I have not found any other item so profitable.  The next is Mithril bars, which can sell at auction for 6g for a stack of 20 all day long, and you can typically buy a stack for 4-5g using /2.

It is a shame though... I got all kinds of cool rogue abilities to buy at Level 40 and I can only buy the bare necessities :(

I am also getting rather pissed that there are so few fist-weapons in the game... my Level 30 Blades are finally starting to show their age at Level 40, and I have no upgrade options till Level 49  I have kept them going this long by having my Enchanter friend give me +5 damage on each (and making them glow blue which rocks everyone's socks ;) ).  I may just have to switch to Dagger/Mace for a while :(

I even have a Leatherworking friend hooking me up with a complete set of Nightscape armor which is the bee's knees !  I put on each piece as I get to the level that I can wear it... soon I will be entirely nightscaped :)

Anyway, I will try to get those screenies up tonight when I get home !

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #47 on: 03 Jan 2005, 18:04 »

My Gnomish Battle Chicken :D

Us fighting as a team ! (Note my bitchin' blades :) )

My current damage stats... most notable is the Max Crit... 559dmg in one hit !

A Wake of destruction behind me. (Click for full res)

My guild fighting a 5 story tall chick ! (Click for full res)

Getting it on in the IronForge Hall :D

Whorhay

« Reply #48 on: 05 Jan 2005, 06:00 »

Why are you folks so broke all the time? My hunter is 44 almost 45 and has earned enough money to buy my mount, pay for half of a friends and I have enoguh money now that I could buy a second. I got my mount the moment I hit 40. And the arguement that money is easier to get at higher levels is true to an extent but I did a lot of my leveling after 40 in SM and I don't care what people say, the loot in an instance is always worse for me than when I solo or duo in the normal game world. That and at lower levels I could sell pretty much any green item on the AH. Now though a lot of the stuff has to be vendored either because the stats are wrong for the type of item or anyone that would be interested is saving for their elite mount. I found that one of the things that helped me save lots of money is not buying all of your abilities. Only get the ones you actually use. I have as yet not gotten any of our traps other than freeze one, so that I can tame mobs and only get hit once or twice.

3Z3VH

• WoSaT
« Reply #49 on: 05 Jan 2005, 16:00 »

Holy wow Level 40 meant a HUGE jump in my damage !

My biggest crit in Level 39 was the one in that screenshot... 559.

Now that I am Level 40, I am critting for 700+ damage constantly !

I need to update my DPS screenshot ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up