Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 22 Jan 2022, 10:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before  (Read 73906 times)

LeeC

• coprophage
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Re: To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
« Reply #400 on: 09 Sep 2021, 17:44 »

May be a regional thing. Try here: https://www.startrek.com/videos/watch-star-trek-strange-new-worlds-casting-announcement

Make sure any add blockers are off otherwise it wont play.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #402 on: 01 Nov 2021, 13:22 »

That certainly boldly went where no Star Wars trailer has gone before.
Beafterfore the carved elephant.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #403 on: 01 Nov 2021, 13:25 »

:angel:
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Fair warning, an avatar change is coming
    • Do They Have To Use Drums?
« Reply #404 on: 03 Dec 2021, 16:56 »

So I'm at my mum's house.

She has Prime Video. Last time I was here, I accidentally watched the first 7 of episodes of Picard, thinking that was the full season, and not realising there were three episodes that hadn't aired yet, and so was left on a cliffhanger I assumed I could resolve when I next visited her not long after.

Two years and a pandemic later, and there's three fucking seasons of that show so I'm just giving up on it until it finishes its run and I'll restart it.

In the meantime, I decided to give Lower Decks a go - I'm actually pretty impressed with it? It's surprisingly entertaining.

I dislike one of its key principles, about the gloryhog main officers at top level on the ship - I guess it's just a mite TOO irreverent for me, but that's mainly because I have a real issue with Trek that isn't inherently shooting for some kind of utopian or optimistic viewpoint. It's at least in-universe comedy, though, unlike The Orville which I really love but its comedy is really jarring and out of place.

Outside of that... God, it's just really, really funny. I wasn't expecting it to be as funny as it is. I thought it would be moderately amusing. It's got a few huge laughs out of me in its first few episodes.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #405 on: 04 Dec 2021, 11:26 »

It's a while since I watched Picard, but from what I remember the first season is reasonably self-contained. The second and third seasons haven't aired yet, so you won't have a great long list of stuff to get through while you're there this time.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Fair warning, an avatar change is coming
    • Do They Have To Use Drums?
« Reply #406 on: 04 Dec 2021, 12:46 »

The more I watch of Lower Decks, the more I like it. It's like peak-era American Dad, but in Trek. And they treak Chief O'Brian with the fucking respet he deserves.

The second and third seasons haven't aired yet

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up