Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 17 Jul 2019, 09:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]   Go Down

Author Topic: miscellaneous musings  (Read 177181 times)

hedgie

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Can't be buggered at all
Re: miscellaneous musings
« Reply #3000 on: 25 Jun 2019, 10:11 »

Hmm… new computer, or a life in a sane country?
"A person who may charitably described as 'not entirely a waste of resources, but mostly so.'"  -- Momo

"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"  -- The Pythons

Castlerook

« Reply #3001 on: 25 Jun 2019, 10:12 »

It would buy me a new computer.

And who said we were sane? :-D :-P
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

hedgie

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Can't be buggered at all
« Reply #3002 on: 25 Jun 2019, 10:37 »

I spent years drinking with the Irish in SF.  It's more the sort of madness I can handle.
"A person who may charitably described as 'not entirely a waste of resources, but mostly so.'"  -- Momo

"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"  -- The Pythons

Castlerook

« Reply #3003 on: 25 Jun 2019, 10:49 »

You'd be more than welcome here, at least by me anyway.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

LeeC

• coprophage
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #3004 on: 25 Jun 2019, 12:36 »

Just throwing it our there that Scotland is similarly welcoming.
And will be even MORESO (when!) we become Independent.

:)

Is it bad that I really dig the new Pokemon Scottish Girl avatar for the upcoming Pokemon Shield and Sword games? The memes of her are making her sound like Merida from Wreck it Ralph 2, with the attitude of Samurai Jack's Scottsman and the stories and quips from Scottish Twitter.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #3005 on: 25 Jun 2019, 18:40 »

Jwhouk, you can claim an Irish passport if at least one of your grandparents were Irish.

And to everyone else, you'd be more than welcome to come here, you'd have a friend to welcome you at the gates.

Sad thing is, my grandmother probably wouldn't have been able to claim Irish ancestry.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.

LeeC

• coprophage
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #3006 on: 09 Jul 2019, 09:31 »

Just thinking of Norse Mythology lately. Do you suppose there is an ambassador to each realm for Asgard?  Like Thor is usually seen as the one that goes to Midgard all the time, Freyr was always associated with the Elves of Alfheim, Freya with Vanaheim, and Loki/Odin usually go to Jotunheim. Do you suppose there were Asgardians that are ambassadors to the other realms? Niflheim (realm of mist and shadow, sometimes inhabited by Dark Elves), Muspelheim (Realm of Fire Giants), Svartalfheim (Home to dwarves and sometimes dark elves), Helheim (Hel is Loki's daughter, but I am not sure she counts since she lives there and isn't part of Odin's court).
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]   Go Up