THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Shovelry!  (Read 5707 times)

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
For Shovelry!
« on: 30 Jun 2014, 19:31 »

Has anyone else been playing Shovel Knight? Cause it's amazing!

It has that nice retro platforming feel, but it's really fun, exciting, and even a little challenging.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Re: For Shovelry!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2014, 22:31 »

Thanks to game grumps I picked it up today.  In a weird way it reminds me of mega man.
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2014, 22:36 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2014, 01:55 »

Same as LeeC, I couldn't resist it even though I have a thesis to write. I'm halfway through already, very much enjoying it. It knows how to do retro right.

Get it from GOG if you have the chance.
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2014, 02:03 by LTK »
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2014, 16:30 »

Looks like that that game has it in spades then.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2014, 12:35 »

You dig puns, huh? Well, there's two characters in the game whose sole purpose is to deliver puns (although one of them is kind of a stick-in-the-mud) so you won't be disappointed.

I just beat the final knight before the Tower of Fate yesterday (that level was a bitch) but it seems I missed out on getting a new power. Let's see if I can find it this time.

Also, I got the gold suit of armor. Took 90% of my gold but it was totally worth it.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2014, 21:23 »

I've been watching the Game Grumps playthrough and I do want it.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2014, 03:49 »

I couldn't find music sheet number ten, so I looked it up, and it turns out I didn't miss a secret wall in one of the levels like I thought. It actually involves using the fishing rod in a particular place.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2014, 18:30 »

I only need the last two music sheets.....and they're both in the Tower so I probably won't be getting them
Pages: [1]   Go Up