THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Destiny (xbox 360)  (Read 38044 times)

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
Re: Destiny Beta (xbox 360)
« Reply #50 on: 10 Sep 2014, 12:48 »

Gotta say I'm definitely liking it so far, everything seems nice and well laid out. I do think there are some missed opportunities here and there, like having having npc garrisons in patrol mode, sort of to give you a start point to work from/learn a little lore/have another in world event at. Unless they're present in later missions or something.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #51 on: 13 Sep 2014, 12:04 »

Picked it up for the PS3. Going to give it a go later this evening.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #52 on: 13 Sep 2014, 19:21 »

My money's unexpectedly run out, so I'm tossing up whether to get it in October for my 360, or wait til December when I'm buying an XBone and get it for that.

Thoughts?
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #53 on: 13 Sep 2014, 19:32 »

My money's unexpectedly run out, so I'm tossing up whether to get it in October for my 360, or wait til December when I'm buying an XBone and get it for that.

Thoughts?

They are currently running a special that if you buy it for the 360, you get a free digital download version for the Xbone.  Friend of mine went ahead and took them up on the offer, and according to him, they are essentially the same game, in that his character transitions seamlessly from one system to the other and back.  Just wanted to give you the info.  I'll likely be buying a PS4 in the future, and rebuying Destiny for that, so I'm not  interested in the Xbox one download, but it does sound like a cool deal.  I don't know if the special will still be running in October, but possibly.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #54 on: 13 Sep 2014, 20:00 »

Ah cool! I'll have to check that out!
of course, digital downloads are not a thing where I live with the paltry amount of data I get a month, but I'll still look into it
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #55 on: 13 Sep 2014, 20:22 »

I really should have done that, since there are actually people on my friend's list playing it and then I would also get a code to play it on the X1 with my other friends.

I didn't plan it this way, but all of my armor in Destiny matches to form a certain cohesive style, mainly blue and gold, which also matches the special sparrow I got for getting all the gold chests on Earth

TheEvilDog

« Reply #56 on: 14 Sep 2014, 13:30 »

Well, thanks to Destiny, I find myself listening to metal covers of Led Zeppelin.
Fair enough.
Now I have a fusion rifle.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #57 on: 15 Sep 2014, 12:17 »

So, it's been a week.

I have a hunter that is a hair's breadth away from level 26, and she is basically lethal to all but the toughest of enemies that I have seen so far.  The only thing I haven't managed to do is the heroic nightfall strike (which for me was level 28 enemies and emblazoned with a 'Very Hard' label with a skull next to it) and I did try, but the fact is, the AI is so cranked up that there was no way to do it alone, and my regular fireteam was already all done for the night when I attempted it.

(click to show/hide)

There is something about this game that I cannot put my finger on, but whatever this 'x' factor is, it makes this one of the most fun things I've ever played.  And I haven't even started my other characters in the other classes yet.  I don't often say things like this, lest I mislead someone just based on my biases, but this game is damned amazing.  Highly recommended.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #58 on: 15 Sep 2014, 22:09 »

You've hit the nail on the head as far as I can see. I wholly agree with reviews giving it 6 or 7 out of 10 and with a lot of the people saying it feels more of a victory of style over substance.

BUT I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

The story is pretty weird in that I feel like there are almost threads of story there that don't go anywhere in some cases, which I suppose is their way of shifting DLC.

I got a hunter up to level 19 but as I took a break to level a new character to play with a friend, the new apple of my eye is a level 16 Warlock in the Sunsinger class; it allows more supportive play and I'm having an absolute blast with it. I can't wait to get into the endgame stuff!

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #59 on: 17 Sep 2014, 08:25 »

I'm closing in on 20 and I haven't even finished the story. I just roam the land killing things and fulfilling bounties. I ran into two community events this morning and it was pretty hectic/fun

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #60 on: 17 Sep 2014, 10:40 »

I've maxed out the stats on my Hunter's 'Blade Dancer' sublcass...

There are things I like about the Gunslinger subclass better, but frankly, I've never seen anything as lethal as that arcblade in action.  I'm not a PVP guy at all, but I played a few rounds to get the crucible bounty experience.  I had a moment that I'll likely never get again, but was amazing and I wish I'd had the ability to record it.  The other team (all 6 of them) were running at me in a narrow corridor and I'd just gotten my special ability ready - I went bladedancer and killed every single one of their team in about a 5 second period.  It was pretty awesome to behold.

My blog

TheEvilDog

Re: Destiny (xbox 360)
« Reply #61 on: 17 Sep 2014, 10:58 »

Currently redoing the Old Russia missions, trying to find a decent Solar weapon because. I. CAN'T. KILL. THAT. BLOODY. WARLOCK. ON. THE. F'ING. MOON!

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #62 on: 17 Sep 2014, 19:56 »

I hit lvl 20 today....and my friend just started playing so I  was helping her with the first few levels cause she felt overwhelmed by them

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #63 on: 17 Sep 2014, 20:07 »

Hit 26 with my warlock, Now just gotta wait for the mates to catch up so we can do the vault.

(click to show/hide)
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #64 on: 18 Sep 2014, 06:20 »

I hear you can play Destiny without paying for XBL Gold, any one have more info?
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #65 on: 18 Sep 2014, 06:29 »

I am guessing you can play the single player mode, but not co-op play.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #66 on: 18 Sep 2014, 06:32 »

I am relatively okay with this. Is single player worth the price of the game?
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #67 on: 18 Sep 2014, 07:24 »

That I really can't answer.. I haven't picked it up yet. A lot of people have said it's quite good. But I really want it on PC. I would be okay to buy it for my 360, but not to pay full price for it, then  have to buy it again later for PC. So I'm just waiting for it to show up somewhere half priced or less.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #68 on: 18 Sep 2014, 10:06 »

I'd be pretty sore on just playing the single player, to be honest. You'd miss out on the whole endgame (which seems to be where the game really takes off) and a big chunk of the incidental strike missions, plus all the PvP. If you wanted to see if you enjoyed it and if it would justify purchasing XBL, then maybe.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #69 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:19 »

Wanna farm engrams? Well here's a good spot to do it.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #70 on: 24 Sep 2014, 10:26 »

Glorious treasure cave. It's where RNGesus lives, you know. Every day pilgrims from all over the world travel to the cave to watch and see if RNGesus will appear.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #71 on: 25 Sep 2014, 15:25 »

Never mind, the treasure cave has been shut down by Bungie

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #72 on: 25 Sep 2014, 19:36 »

Yeah, too many people standing there doing nothing but farming it.  One of my friends did it for a little bit, but it was actually boring to me, so I went and killed shit some more.

Also,
(click to show/hide)

I'm still enjoying playing, but that took away a little of my enjoyment to be honest.

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #73 on: 25 Sep 2014, 19:55 »

One of my friends used it to get to lvl 24, while another just played Crucible a lot.

Finally did the weekly strike challenge, and after tries finally got it thanks to the kindness of a complete stranger. Our 3rd man wasn't on so we messaged random folks in the Tower to do it with us, and one was kind enough to. It's pretty dumb that it doesn't connect you with players like a normal strike would, and I'm not a big fan of not being able to respawn, though that does make it more challenging

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #74 on: 25 Sep 2014, 20:22 »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #75 on: 01 Oct 2014, 20:17 »

Just tried my first lvl 28 strike and holy shit, so much dying. Even being a lvl 26 my shots barely did anything to any of the enemies.

Also, we need some new bounties.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #76 on: 01 Oct 2014, 22:47 »

Hhaha yup, ran the Nightfall with some friends lastnight, I'm 27 and they were 26. Managed to finish it up with only one wipe though which wasn't too bad, bagged myself a nice legendary rocket launcher (the one sold by the FWC) which I guess I'll use for PvP. We ended up having to cheese the boss, though.

There's talk about possibly running the raid this weekend which would be exciting, but mainly I'm happy to have the rep bonus from completing the Nightfall for the rest of the week.

I found out yesterday that you can only carry a maximum of 200 reputation marks which means I've wasted almost half of this week's mark allocation, which was  really frustrating to find out. Had to buy some legendary gear from the Vanguard vendor which I don't really need, kind of annoying.

The rest of this week will probably be trying to complete the exotic bounties I've picked up, both of which now require me to seriously up my PvP game - one is obtaining a K/D spread of 25 (currently up to 16 but obviously bad games damage my progress) while the other is obtain "500 points" by killing Guardians with Void damage - it's only 5 points per kill and you lose 2 points per death and the Void damage modifier means kills with my primary weapon don't count ;_;

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #77 on: 02 Oct 2014, 05:50 »

I found out yesterday that you can only carry a maximum of 200 reputation marks which means I've wasted almost half of this week's mark allocation, which was  really frustrating to find out. Had to buy some legendary gear from the Vanguard vendor which I don't really need, kind of annoying.

That actually sucks, and I wasn't aware of it.  I'm glad you posted that, otherwise I would've wasted some as well.  I've never gone over 200, but I am about to with Vanguard and Crucible marks, so yeah I would've been seriously pissed off, considering how few you get and how limited they are per week.

The rest of this week will probably be trying to complete the exotic bounties I've picked up, both of which now require me to seriously up my PvP game - one is obtaining a K/D spread of 25 (currently up to 16 but obviously bad games damage my progress) while the other is obtain "500 points" by killing Guardians with Void damage - it's only 5 points per kill and you lose 2 points per death and the Void damage modifier means kills with my primary weapon don't count ;_;

I had the 500 Points of void damage one, and abandoned it, as I am not good enough at PVP to get it.  Frankly, the highest I ever got it to was 35.  Bear in mind, though, that one of my clanmates is a level 28 Warlock and he's already up to almost 200 on it, after just a few sessions.  My character is a hunter and even with Void weapons, I couldn't pull it off.  But then, my kill/death ratio is pitiful. 

Something I've noted after a few weeks of playing this:
I seem to be in the .1% of people that get a LOT of drops.  I honestly don't know why that is.  I have one friend that is just barely rank 2 with the Cryptarch, because he almost never finds engrams, whereas I am level 33 because I seemingly find a shit-ton of them.  I have found not only rare ship drops, but multiples of said ships, and during one of the Queen's Wrath missions we all got our guaranteed legendary piece, and I got a bonus legendary sniper rifle...  twice.

Something is off with their random number generator, if you ask me.  While it's all cool and well for me to get good shit, it's really not for all of the people getting screwed when it comes to drops.  Yesterday's patch is supposedly going to address that, and I hope it does.

My current setup.

Edited to add:  I recently figured out that if you are wearing the queen's emblem and shader that are available when you reach rank 1, you get bonus rank points when you turn in her bounties.  I imagine it's the same for any of the factions, and I'll try to confirm that.
« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2014, 08:19 by Blyss »

My blog

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #78 on: 06 Oct 2014, 09:06 »

So, I thought this was kind of neat - Destiny Tracker shows you your, or someone else's progress in the game.  The one in the link is mine.  I guess I can't get to level 30 without doing the Vault of Glass raid.  So, that's definitely on the to do list now.

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #79 on: 07 Oct 2014, 18:38 »

The Iron Banner is upon us...and I will not be playing it cause fuck that shit

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #80 on: 08 Oct 2014, 03:37 »

The gear looks great but the bounties are nuts and it's leading to people just quitting games when it looks like it might not be going their way, which is frustrating.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #81 on: 08 Oct 2014, 06:17 »

The gear makes me think of Game of Thrones

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #82 on: 08 Oct 2014, 12:03 »

The hunter cloak has a whole Gondor vibe going for it too. Makes me almost wish I'd stuck with hunter instead of switching to warlock. Almost.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #83 on: 08 Oct 2014, 19:25 »

The Titans have wolves and trees

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #84 on: 09 Oct 2014, 08:03 »

I'm doing some of the iron banner bounties, but frankly some are just ridiculous.  I'm not much of a pvp guy at all, so it's likely I won't get to rank 3.  I MIGHT, get rank 2, but it's not likely.  Ah well.  C'est la vie.  (Not sure if I spelled that correctly)

My blog

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #85 on: 09 Oct 2014, 10:59 »

Yeah I think I've managed like... two Iron Banner bounties? I'm at like halfway between rank 1 and 2 now since I've been off work sick and bedridden but even if I smash it this weekend I can't see myself hitting rank 3 - I'm getting better at PvP but with quitters and pre-made teams in the mix my wins are few and far between.

EDIT: Oh! I ran (and completed) the Vault of Glass today! A lovely Australian gentleman I helped out on the Thorn bounty asked if I wanted to go along and invited me to his team. He was super chill and cool talking me and another new guy through the whole thing. I'm really excited to see if any new raids get added to the game now, lots of teamwork required and some really cool mechanics. I only got a couple of items; the legendary machine gun Corrective Measures and the shader, Chatterwhite, along with a bunch of Ascendant Materials, but can't wait to run it again next week.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2014, 11:09 by maxusy3k »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #86 on: 09 Oct 2014, 13:35 »

I've gotta get some friends together to run it. My cousin's friend has already done it so I've gotta get my cousin, my friend, and I together with him and his friends to run it.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #87 on: 09 Oct 2014, 14:10 »

I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to run again even with a pretty poor loot haul which says a lot I guess. It's hard to describe the mechanics I guess but considering the only way you can really interact with the world in Destiny is by shooting at stuff I think they've done a really good job, it's up there with the kind of thing you'd expect to see in a standard MMO in terms of raid / dungeon content - clearly influenced by heavy hitters like WoW etc.

Hopefully as the game develops they'll start taking some of these mechanic ideas and apply them to normal strikes instead of having bosses that are just normal mobs with 100x their normal HP pool.

I noticed today that there's a weird thing sometimes where momentum is carried over into melee attack force, which means I can do things like plummet from the sky onto an enemy, punch them on the way down and force their ragdoll into the ground so hard they bounce off into orbit.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #88 on: 09 Oct 2014, 15:56 »

The raid is the one thing I have yet to do.  Still need to get it done.   :-(

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #89 on: 09 Oct 2014, 18:41 »

Stupid marks cap, I have to wait till next week to get one of the upgraded Sparrows

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #90 on: 10 Oct 2014, 08:05 »

I was saving for the Sparrow but after running the raid I bought Shadow Price and now need to buy the PvE gear. The marks cap is really ridiculous imo, I hit the cap by Wednesday from running the weeklies and a few additional strikes.

If you haven't done the Nightfall so far this week and you have 13 strange coins, Xur is selling the exotic sniper rifle Icebreaker this week which comes with fire damage and regenerating ammo making the strike super easy to solo.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #91 on: 12 Oct 2014, 19:28 »

The best thing happened yesterday. My friend and I decided to do the Weekly Heroic Strike on lvl. 26 without a third person, so armed with some void weapons we set out. Everything went pretty well, we even faced off the 3 waves of Vex and managed to gun them all down while only dying once or twice, never having to restart. Then came the part with the pikes. Instead of fighting them we decided to run for it. My friend made it....I did not, having been gunned down by the 3 armored Minotaurs. Thankfully I would respawn so I waited while my friend continued on. But while I was respawning the Minotaurs decided they would continue attacking my corpse/ghost. They circled my corpse and continued to fire, only they made such a tight circle that they would hit each other. After awhile, while waiting for the countdown, the Minotaurs chipped away at each others shields and finally two fo the 3 had been killed by the one. I respawned, killed the remaining one, and went on my way. After that the Archon Priest was pretty easy to kill.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #92 on: 13 Oct 2014, 10:42 »

Hahaha that's amazing :D

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #93 on: 14 Oct 2014, 09:27 »

I was saving for the Sparrow but after running the raid I bought Shadow Price and now need to buy the PvE gear. The marks cap is really ridiculous imo, I hit the cap by Wednesday from running the weeklies and a few additional strikes.

If you haven't done the Nightfall so far this week and you have 13 strange coins, Xur is selling the exotic sniper rifle Icebreaker this week which comes with fire damage and regenerating ammo making the strike super easy to solo.

I bought one icebreaker for my hunter and gave another to my warlock.    That is one incredibly useful sniper rifle.

My blog

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #94 on: 14 Oct 2014, 11:52 »

Yep. It's probably a bug / exploit also but the regenerating ammo means you can switch Icebreaker out for another weapon on the fly and carry the ammo over, so just owning it means no more running out of secondary ammo.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #95 on: 14 Oct 2014, 14:07 »

Yeah, I expect that to go sooner or later.

(click to show/hide)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #96 on: 18 Oct 2014, 20:05 »

My friend did the Vault of Glass without me and got nothing for it except the shader

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #97 on: 19 Oct 2014, 16:10 »

"Nothing" or just shards / energy? :P

I ran the raid twice this week, yesterday and today (roughly an hour ago) to get up my experience levels more than anything. Running yesterday was my first time this week and yeah, I got a second copy of the shader and only shards / energy as loot, which was really disappointing. I don't know if this is how it used to be before they made shards / energy into legendary items as some of the very early raid walkthroughs I've seen suggest you got shards, energy AND loot but who knows.

I still really enjoy the raid and the mechanics, though both my groups this weekend wanted to do Atheon the easy (buggy) way rather than as the encounter is intended. In a way I'm glad as I don't think either group would have been able to complete Atheon otherwise but I'd have rather got the experience of killing him legitimately.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #98 on: 19 Oct 2014, 16:13 »

Y'hear this talk about making the teleport mechanic in that last boss battle completely random? That would just not be a good thing at all, I reckon.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #99 on: 19 Oct 2014, 16:44 »

Apparently that was just a bug.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up