THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Destiny (xbox 360)  (Read 38041 times)

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: Destiny (xbox 360)
« Reply #100 on: 19 Oct 2014, 18:29 »

"Nothing" or just shards / energy? :P

I ran the raid twice this week, yesterday and today (roughly an hour ago) to get up my experience levels more than anything. Running yesterday was my first time this week and yeah, I got a second copy of the shader and only shards / energy as loot, which was really disappointing. I don't know if this is how it used to be before they made shards / energy into legendary items as some of the very early raid walkthroughs I've seen suggest you got shards, energy AND loot but who knows.

I still really enjoy the raid and the mechanics, though both my groups this weekend wanted to do Atheon the easy (buggy) way rather than as the encounter is intended. In a way I'm glad as I don't think either group would have been able to complete Atheon otherwise but I'd have rather got the experience of killing him legitimately.

He wanted some of the legendary weapons that come with it, or even the sparrow, but he got nothing except the shader

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #101 on: 19 Oct 2014, 21:56 »

Yeah that's just RNG at its best unfortunately.

The teleportation 'bug fix' seems like the absolute worst idea. In the group I ran on Saturday who did try to do Atheon the legit way we had some players who ended up deciding they just didn't want to be on the portal team as they couldn't keep up with what was going on, which was perfectly fine. In the new way of doing things that kind of situation would just lead to a wipe and an encounter that couldn't be beaten at all : \

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #102 on: 21 Oct 2014, 15:04 »

Beat the raid, finally.  Got gauntlets and the Atheon's Epilogue auto rifle that has void damage as a primary.  Also the shader.   8-)
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #103 on: 22 Oct 2014, 18:59 »

I only have two more slots on my gear to upgrade and I don't think it's gonna hit 30. The internet is telling me I need raid gear to get to 30

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #104 on: 22 Oct 2014, 19:36 »

I only have two more slots on my gear to upgrade and I don't think it's gonna hit 30. The internet is telling me I need raid gear to get to 30

Yes, you'll have to have raid gear to get to 30.  That's why I finally went for it.  The gauntlets I have will get me to a higher level of 29, but I still need the boots and either helmet or chestpiece.  I guess there is evidence that playing it on hard will net you better gear.  That's next on the list.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #105 on: 24 Oct 2014, 19:42 »

Today for some reason I didn't have anyone else on my server, and when I tried doing Vanguard Strikes or the Crucible I couldn't connect with anyone. It made getting supplies great but it was awful lonely, especially during public events

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #106 on: 25 Oct 2014, 15:18 »

I had a few Patrol runs today on various planets that worked out like that. There've been some server issues over here lately so I wonder if there's generally just some drama going on.

Finally hit level 29 today. Time to start really committing time to raiding rather than just waiting to see if a group asks me along. I expect I'll try and get a run going tomorrow. I'm still without my Heart of Praxic Fire though, which is like... the only piece of loot I actually really WANT at this point, hahaha.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #107 on: 26 Oct 2014, 06:15 »

Tried the raid last night and we got all the way to Atheon after a few wipes, but we had to quit cause some west coasters were getting dinner

My friend and I tried the Nightfall run again this week with just the two of us and we made it all the way to the last two yellow knights before we both got killed. With arc burn on those two are downright deadly, high powered attack with little room to maneuver. My friend got taken down the first time, I ran up and threw up a shield to get him. He died a second time and as I was running to get him I joked, "I hope my shield doesn't go down," so of course it did and the game kicked us back to orbit.

I really wish they would do more special events, aside from Iron Banner
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2014, 07:35 by Blue Kitty »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #108 on: 05 Nov 2014, 19:27 »

This week's Nightfall mission doesn't have any burn, which kind of sucks, but it's pretty easy to do. My friend and I did it with just the two of us and managed to do it pretty easily. All you have to do is find the different holes you can fall into and you'll be protected from Valus Ta'aurc's minions, then you just take pot shots at him. I guess each side of the room as a spot you can do this in.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #109 on: 20 Nov 2014, 12:04 »

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #110 on: 21 Nov 2014, 08:42 »

Got one of these for having already purchased the expansions.  It's actually pretty amazing, and what I wanted the speeders to do.  I'm still learning on mine, but damn it's fun.  I also figured out that by going to the special delivery kiosk in the tower, I could pick it up for all three of my characters.

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #111 on: 21 Nov 2014, 20:37 »

Playing the Iron Banner hardcore to get the legendary item I need that can get me to lvl. 30. Twice tonight we have been robbed of a victory by a last minute surge by the other team

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #112 on: 25 Nov 2014, 10:45 »

So, as of about 2 in the morning, I managed to get all three of my characters to rank 5 with the Iron Banner.  I was able to get both pieces of armor for 2 of them and 1 piece for the third, and the scout rifle.  I liked the fusion rifle as well, but was out of time and/or glimmer.  In all honesty, the hardest to get there was the warlock, but I never took her into the iron banner the first time they were around, so her rank started at 0 this time.

I now have 5 Timur's Lashes and 4 Jolder's Hammers from match rewards.  A friend of mine got the legendary ship, so that was pretty cool.  I had fun with the Iron Banner, WHEN I could find a match that seemed legit.  There was a whole lot of lag switching going on, as was evident by the new connection indicator on the roster menu.  When an entire team went to red connections and they all just happened to be teleporting around the map as well, it became pretty obvious.

I did get one match where I suspect everyone on the enemy team reported me for cheating, but was absolutely nothing but stupid luck on my part.  I got 44 kills and more than doubled the rest of my team's score.  There were literally several times where I fully expected to die in the middle of a huge clusterfuck, and then walked away with a tiny sliver of health.  So yeah, I honestly would have reported me too, because it was just ludicrous.

I still think Bungie needs to work on the things that actually need fixing, like the RNG and the drop rate (which is still incredibly unfair) rather than shit that doesn't need fixing.  I hate the response from game companies that ends up being, "You're playing our game wrong because that wasn't what we intended..."  It's like I'm being told I'm wrong for playing the game, and I've never understood that mentality.

My blog

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #113 on: 27 Nov 2014, 23:42 »

That's an easy mentality to understand. "We paid all this money and even with all this hype, we still had huge parts of the game that were about as polished as a pensioners ceiling fan. However, we also made a fuckton of money irregardless of what we did wrong, and quite frankly minimum effort is good enough for now. So fuck you, valued consumer."
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #114 on: 29 Nov 2014, 18:44 »

So, word is that now they are going to reset everyone to zero when the iron banner comes back to town, because people complained it was too hard to reach rank 5.  I counter that argument with the fact that I did it with all three characters.  Yes, my hunter was already rank 3, because I busted my ass in there the LAST time the iron banner was around.  They didn't reset everyone last time (supposedly) because the community basically told them, "fuck no!" 

If they do indeed reset everyone, and I lose all of the progress I made, I will not be playing the iron banner in protest.  In fact, if they do that, I'll never play Iron Banner again.  Oh, and I'm actually kind of pissed off at their "Drcrispy93" marketing troll, and his bullshit about telling everyone about how great the maps and weapons are that they can't have yet.  Because, you know, he can.  It is quite possibly the worst marketing campaign I've seen in my life.  It actually makes me not want to play the game.  Pretty sure it isn't supposed to work that way.

My blog

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #115 on: 29 Nov 2014, 20:30 »

Y'know, all I hear about Destiny is that stuffs wrong.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #116 on: 29 Nov 2014, 21:04 »

A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #117 on: 29 Nov 2014, 21:34 »

I got to level 4 in the Iron Banner so I could buy the gloves since I haven't gotten a raid pair. So I do the Vault of Glass on hard mode today and they gave me two pairs. At this point I feel like the game is messing with me

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #118 on: 02 Dec 2014, 14:31 »

EDIT2: Patch is live, update should be live. If you don't see it, restart your game.

1.1 : The one about Exotics. And the Raid!

Today's patch includes the long-awaited arrival of Exotics weapon buffs, additional acquisition paths for destination upgrade materials, along with additional changes to exotic gear node upgrading in preparation for the soon-to-be-released expansion, The Dark Below. We're also correcting issues induced by our more recent update to the Raid.

Weapons

Exotics

Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts. Exotics will be a constant work in-progress!
General

In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade
The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:
Dismantling unwanted Exotics
Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins
Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate
Thorn

Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
Damage is back up to 7/tick in PvP
Reload Speed increased
Magazine Size increased
Ammo inventory size increased
Stability and Weapon Handling increased
Bad Juju

Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)
Ammo inventory size increased
String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill
Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle
Hard Light

Stability increased
Perfect Balance upgrade replaced by Fitted Stock (increases maximum possible weapon Stability)
Suros Regime

Lowered total damage at the end of the mag on SUROS Regime upgrade to be more in line with the Glass Half Full perk on Legendary Auto Rifles
Monte Carlo

Stability increased
Range slightly decreased
Monte Carlo Method upgrade now also has a chance to fully charge melee ability on kill
MIDA Multi-Tool

MIDA rounds now have increased knockback against targets in both PvE and PvP
Hawkmoon

Send It upgrade (which was redundant) replaced by Speed Reload
Red Death

Rate of Fire increased slightly, but Burst Damage reduced to compensate
Plan C

Weapon Handling speed increased
Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand
Pocket Infinity

Speed Reload upgrade replaced by Extended Clip which allows the option to increase magazine size (5 bursts)
Vex Mythoclast

Attack Power increased to 323 (from 300)
Base Damage increased, fixing bug we introduced in previous patch
Enhanced Battery upgrade by Extended Mag (this change still allows for a significant upgrade to Magazine Size, but less than before)
Invective

Reload Speed increased significantly, auto fires slightly slower
Ice Breaker

Send It upgrade replaced by Lightweight (which was redundant as Icebreaker already had maximum range)
New effects for enemies killed by Ice Breaker upgrade
Patience and Time

Snapshot upgrade replaced by Custom Optics (provides a lower zoom option)
Super Good Advice

Stability increased
Truth

Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)
If you only see 2 in your mag, head to a planet and RELOAD.
Activities

Raid

Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates
Fixed an exploit where the Templar could be forced off its platform
Daily Heroic Story

Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic
Level 28 Daily gives 16 Materials
Bounties

Removed the ‘Relic Hunter’ Bounty
Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty
TODAY: 10 spirit bloom for completing 6 patrols on Venus
Vendors

Reduced Cryptarch reputation gain from Engrams, but reputation reward packages now have an increased chance for Legendary Engrams
Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower
This is now live: 10 Vanguard/Crucible Marks for 20 of any material
Xur now sells a new material, Exotic Shards, to upgrade the final node of Exotics for 7 Strange Coins
Faction Class Items (ex: FWC Cloak, Dead Orbit Mark, etc.) are now replaced by Faction Emblems in the rank-up reward packages from Faction Vendors
Technical

Networking fixes, which should reduce the instance of the Bee family of KTOs
Fixed an issue in which using Xbox One party chat induced a slower frame rate
Thanks for the tip /u/ikma

For those willing to brave the insanity of the b.net forums, /u/Deej_BNG is over there answering questions about the update.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/81584526/0/0

Thanks for the tip /u/jewunit815

Quit and re-open Desiny.. the patch is live NOW https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/539491080668839937

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #119 on: 02 Dec 2014, 15:07 »

Holy crap they made materials easier to get.

Just when I stop loving them, they go and do something like this. . . *Sniff*
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #120 on: 02 Dec 2014, 18:56 »

Cept now you can't trade in materials for Crucible/Vanguard points

In other news, wild packs of Hive have been roaming the Cosmodrome, and if you kill the knight you get his sword

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #121 on: 15 Dec 2014, 13:11 »

Sooooo....  yeah.  The DLC unlocked the content on the disc.  Big surprise there.

I have to say, and I like this game remember, that the money paid for the "expansion" was far more than they should have charged.  I'm very disappointed, to say the least.  I honestly cannot recommend buy the expansion, unless you are such a ludicrous completionist that you simply have to.  It's just not worth it, and that really bothers me.

I'm also upset with Bungie about HOW they released it.  Not having a secondary Nightfall strike for the week for people that didn't buy the expansion was just poor planning, and looks lazy/greedy.  This is not how a game company should be treating their players. 

The whole thing really kind of took the wind out of my sails about this game, to be totally honest.  I'm still playing, and still having fun, but I honestly can't recommend anyone get this now.  It really looks like you're going to be screwed unless you're will to shell out more and more money along the way.  Terrible business model, that.

:-(

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #122 on: 15 Dec 2014, 18:38 »

I'm really hoping the House of Wolves adds some new places, cause if it doesn't I'll be pretty unhappy

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #123 on: 17 Dec 2014, 02:29 »

I guess it's a matter of how much they actually want to REALLY listen to the consumers. Because they kept SAYING they were.

And then we got the Dark Below.

Smells more like they were listening to the pure gameplay stats to me.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #124 on: 17 Dec 2014, 03:24 »

I was considering returning to Destiny for The Dark Below but everything I've heard about it has dissuaded me - I got a Season Pass so it wouldn't have cost me anything, either.

I stopped playing a few months back because of something really trivial and haven't felt any desire to return so far. I basically solo'd a Nightfall (a significant time investment, as I'm sure you can imagine) and got like 9 Strange Coins out of it. Realising I could've just run the Heroic instead and the fact that I hadn't used my stack of Strange Coins for anything for months due to Xur constantly having the same gear, I made the connection that I could either play the game for hours with the very real potential of getting nothing useful - I still hadn't had any raid drops aside from shards and energies - or I could just do something else with my time.

So far the 'do something else' has been staying on top and I've not put the disc back in my PS4 since that day. I want something incredible to happen and shake things up but I feel like they're happy enough with the formula that nothing is really going to change. House of Wolves is apparently going to unlock some more areas already in the game so it won't be until the next DLC after that where we have the potential to see some completely new, fresh content.

Or it'll wait for the inevitable sequel.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #125 on: 18 Dec 2014, 18:06 »

So, I found my Husk of the Pit today.  Pretty stoked to reach rank 3 with Eris now, so I can upgrade it.

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #126 on: 18 Dec 2014, 19:43 »

My friend has been driving himself crazy trying to get one.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #127 on: 19 Dec 2014, 16:25 »

So, I did a little experiment, and reset my Timur's lash with Saladin to see if it would reset to the new legendary level.  Sadly, it does not.  Just putting it out there to save anyone else the motes of light to try it.

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #128 on: 03 Jan 2015, 19:34 »

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #129 on: 04 Jan 2015, 14:15 »

Of course.  Why didn't I think of that?

lol

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #130 on: 06 Jan 2015, 18:27 »

My friend got Ice Breaker from the first Crota's End chest and got Gjallarhorn from the weekly nightfall. The other person in our group got a rare Hunter chest armor from the nightfall. What did I get from the nightfall? Strange coins

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #131 on: 07 Jan 2015, 18:19 »

Oh, I made a clan if anyone wants to join/doesn't have one. Become a Vex Criminal today!

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #132 on: 15 Jan 2015, 12:23 »

Well this is a new experience for me.  Apparently I was in a crucible match with a twitch tv'er named crynowplease.  According to him, I was "redbarred" the entire match and he recorded it and all of his viewers are going to report me for cheating...  just, wow.

I didn't even do that well.  It's kind of mind baffling that this guy thought I was cheating when he killed me repeatedly, and I only killed him a couple of times, and another guy on the other teamgot a five kill streak on me alone because of how the game kept spawning me.

I honestly don't even know what to say to it.

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #133 on: 15 Jan 2015, 18:27 »

Hard mode for Crota's End next week, and check out what you get from it. The new ship looks awesome

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #134 on: 16 Jan 2015, 03:48 »

THIS IS NOT A DRILL, XUR IS SELLING ICEBREAKER AGAIN!!!!

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #135 on: 16 Jan 2015, 07:40 »

On my way to the tower.

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #136 on: 17 Jan 2015, 20:48 »

Amazing night in Destiny. Did the raid with my main and got the chest piece I needed to hit 32. After we'd finished we decided to run it again with our secondaries, one guy dropped out while another stayed just to help us. We manage to get all the way to Crota with a 5 man team, some how we made it through the lanterns without trying to and we managed to cheese the bridge even after the fix, two of us made it through the closing doors and we managed to kill Ir Yut. She dies, everything finally starts despawning, and I get fucking GJALLARHORN!!!! I also get enough Radiant Shards and Radiant Energy to hit 32 next week in time to do the raid on hard mode.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #137 on: 18 Jan 2015, 00:09 »

Very nice indeed.  I have all the necessary armor to get my hunter to 32, but need more shards.  I'm going to have to run the raid with my titan and warlock to get them.

My blog

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #138 on: 20 Jan 2015, 15:40 »

Finally beat Crota legit today, and got my hunter to 32.

My blog

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #139 on: 20 Jan 2015, 16:34 »

Okay, I have no plans to ever bother playing this game.

That said, I laughed at the Urzok video. Thanks~

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #140 on: 21 Jan 2015, 19:44 »

Hard mode of Crota's end has been rolled out and already beaten. I probably won't do it till the weekend

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #141 on: 21 Jan 2015, 23:18 »

Made it to the bridge.  Got the pulse rifle that does arc damage.  Gonna try the rest tomorrow.  Hope I get a crux of crota so I can upgrade to the necrochasm.

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #142 on: 24 Jan 2015, 21:13 »

Spent a good four hours on the hard mode of Crota's End. Two hours to get to Crota and the last 2 trying t kill him in vain. I did get the new auto rifle with fire damage

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #143 on: 25 Jan 2015, 08:13 »

That's pretty awesome.  As much as I use auto rifles, that one definitely has appealed to me.  Congrats!

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #144 on: 25 Jan 2015, 19:49 »

After a couple of tries we finally got everything down and did everything right and finally beat him. Sadly I didn't get the helmet I needed so I can use my other exotics, but I did get the new hand cannon

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #145 on: 28 Jan 2015, 15:06 »

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #146 on: 30 Jan 2015, 06:48 »

I've officially killed over a quarter million enemies...

Does...  does this make me a war criminal to the Vex, Fallen, Hive and Cabal?

My blog

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #147 on: 30 Jan 2015, 13:48 »

Finally beat Crota on hard.  Holy shit.  Got my abyss defiant and the word of Crota.  Damn.

My blog

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #148 on: 30 Jan 2015, 20:14 »

Ran it tonight and got the helmet I needed, the Oversoul Edict, and the Crux to transform the Eidolon Ally into Necrchasm

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #149 on: 31 Jan 2015, 07:34 »

Ooooh, please let me know what you think of the necrochasm.  I'm dying to know how it handles, and if it's actually worth the trouble.

My blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up