THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 343356 times)

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #350 on: 07 Apr 2015, 18:23 »

I uh-- might have bought a Pokémon game

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #351 on: 07 Apr 2015, 20:42 »

Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game, without question. So many themes and ideas that just didn't show up in the series before (or since).

Bloodborne.

I wasn't entirely sure if I was going to pick it up but I spent the days leading up to release finally playing through and finishing Dark Souls 2 (I'd previously quit around... maybe 60% of the way through) and then the release hype / high praise convinced me.

What a game! I didn't really know what to expect except 'Gothic Dark Souls' but the game is taking a lot of cues from Lovecraft and pushing this eldritch horror vibe I wasn't expecting, plus doing an amazing job of it. It's a lot easier than Dark Souls as well in that while it doesn't punish you as hard for mistakes (at first) it does encourage a more aggressive playstyle instead of hiding behind a shield and waiting for an opening.

hazlett

• Plantmonster
    • webdesign London
« Reply #352 on: 07 Apr 2015, 23:31 »

I played rule of the kingdom in my laptop last week.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #353 on: 08 Apr 2015, 00:46 »

I uh-- might have bought a Pokémon game

I fail to see the problem.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #354 on: 08 Apr 2015, 02:52 »

So I'm still working my way through Fallout: New Vegas doing different quests, different angles, different difficulties.

I just finished the game, plus 3 of the 4 DLCs (fuck you Dead Money) on Hardcore Mode.

I got 100Gs for it.

SIXTY HOURS PEOPLE.

I've restarted again, realising I need to do at least two more playthroughs. I want to go through once with bad karma to see how that goes, I've not even hit Level 2 yet and it's already making me feel bad about myself. These aren't even real characters and I'm feeling guilty! I'm not sure I'll make it through the whole game just being a dick to everyone, I'm just not sure I can do it, I just wanted to open up new quest lines.
(click to show/hide)

But if I do make it through, as a palette cleanser, I will have to replay it again to get a good ending. Which would be the third time I've done so. But on that particular one, I'd also be doing shitloads of achievements, trying to discover EVERY location, get to level 50 (I do want to go back to Dead Money, but with my stats maxed to fuck and on a really high level so that no-one can fuck with me), basically just bleed this game dry.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #355 on: 08 Apr 2015, 03:38 »

I always play Fallout on Hardcore Mode. It makes me feel more immersed. Once I was deep inside some vault and suddenly realized I'm on dehydration level 2 and don't have any water left. It was awesome!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #356 on: 08 Apr 2015, 03:41 »

It made it an enthralling, very different game experience. But I wanted to go back into it for the fun aspect, rather than the challenge, and after sixty hours, micromanaging what you're carrying, including all your ammo - particularly on a DLC with no companions to carry shit for me - got old. I'm just proud of myself for sticking it out.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #357 on: 08 Apr 2015, 09:41 »

I fukken love Fallout.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #358 on: 08 Apr 2015, 12:08 »

My approach to games is assault first, second and third, so I can't play on hardcore.

HOWEVER.

I grabbed a Draco, a 560 Firefly class mod and my only Borderlands 1 character (Lilith) and took a suicide dive into the Claptrap Robolution DLC. Oh my god the carnage. Hordes of claptraps demolished before I had emptied a single clip (Although my AR590.3 Glorious Massacre 'Draco'* does have a 124 bullet clip). Nothing could touch me. It was... Everything was just blowing to pieces left and right, I don't even know how to describe it.

(click to show/hide)

Seriously. DEY ALL DED. ALL OFFUM.

And if you open the technicalities spoiler you may realize that I may spend entirely too much time on the borderlands.
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2015, 03:23 by osaka »
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #359 on: 08 Apr 2015, 19:38 »

Active Madness

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #360 on: 12 Apr 2015, 05:46 »

Pillars of Eternity is excellent. It's been ages since I've been so captivated by a story. The gameplay is very Baldur's Gate-ish, which is to be expected.

Also been dipping my toes into Alien: Isolation. I love that they've kept the late 70's retrofuturism thang, it works well. It's also pretty freaky so far.

Also, Minecraft. On single player because I don't play well with others.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #361 on: 12 Apr 2015, 06:13 »

I fukken love Fallout.

Me too.

Playing it evilly is really snapping my heart in two.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #362 on: 15 Apr 2015, 13:08 »

I bought DiRT3 now that it was re-released on Steam so I've spent the last week putting Fords of all eras sideways.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #363 on: 16 Apr 2015, 15:43 »

I want to go through once with bad karma to see how that goes, I've not even hit Level 2 yet and it's already making me feel bad about myself. These aren't even real characters and I'm feeling guilty! I'm not sure I'll make it through the whole game just being a dick to everyone, I'm just not sure I can do it, I just wanted to open up new quest lines.
I have the same "problem". I did manage to force myself through one Closed Fist run in Jade Empire, so that I could see the CF content, but I really didn't enjoy it much.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #364 on: 16 Apr 2015, 17:39 »

I got through Fallout 3 with bad karma. It really runs against the grain for me, both in terms of my personality and in how games have trained me to act as the 'hero' of the piece. I'm just wired to want to help people out. Even then running the bad karma run... I wasn't all that bad. About the only really bad things I did was to nuke Megaton, do the basic stuff that got me into the slaver HQ so I could recruit the companion there. And I think I let the ghouls into Tenpenny towers. I wasn't doing the 'kill everyone in Rivet city' kind of things...

I haven't even had a desire to be evil in New Vegas. But then I can't even muster the desire to finish the game. After getting revenge on Benny it's just like 'eh, I don't care which of you takes over, and I don't want the job. Except the Legion. Those guys are just full on jerks. I wouldn't take their side.'

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #365 on: 17 Apr 2015, 01:09 »

And I think I let the ghouls into Tenpenny towers.

Perversely, and in an example of how broken the karma system in Fallout 3 is at times, that gives you GOOD karma.

I haven't even had a desire to be evil in New Vegas. But then I can't even muster the desire to finish the game. After getting revenge on Benny it's just like 'eh, I don't care which of you takes over, and I don't want the job. Except the Legion. Those guys are just full on jerks. I wouldn't take their side.'

You and I are different people :mrgreen:

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #366 on: 17 Apr 2015, 02:23 »

I will admit I teared up a little when doing the bad karma option for Harold, mainly because he's always been one of my favourite characters in anything ever and for some reason I got really attached to him when playing Fallout 1 and 2.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2015, 08:23 by Welu »

Active Madness

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #367 on: 17 Apr 2015, 06:38 »

He was definitely my favourite character in Fallout 1 & 2.

I'm really disappointed they didn't leave well enough alone so he could have been in New Vegas, but eh.

The Harold section of FO3 was probably the most memorable from the entire game for me.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #368 on: 18 Apr 2015, 08:07 »

re: Tenpenny

(click to show/hide)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #369 on: 18 Apr 2015, 08:32 »

I'm a bit surprised you couldn't lead the displaced ghouls to underworld, Moses style, as a good karma option considering
(click to show/hide)

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #370 on: 19 Apr 2015, 05:34 »

Well, in that case I don't think by the time the character gets involved Roy cared so much about getting his people into a safe place as he did forcing Tenpenny to let him in. The other two probably would have gone happily enough, but Roy just seemed to have a serious hate on against Tenpenny and everyone in the tower by that point. Of all the settlements in FO3 though.. I actually liked Underworld the most. I guess I could identify with them the most, and the residents there pretty much seemed like decent folk.  Megaton, Big Town and Rivet City were full of mostly okay folk too, but I just never felt as 'at home' in those places. Other places, like Paradise Falls or Tenpenny Tower? yeah.. They were mostly or entirely populated by jerks.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #371 on: 20 Apr 2015, 18:20 »

Roy is
(click to show/hide)

Ugh.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #372 on: 21 Apr 2015, 00:44 »

I really, really hate that mission. I know that some of Tenpenny's residents need bullying into accepting the ghouls, but several of them are just like 'sure, why not?' And they get killed too! And that gets me good karma??? Such bullshit.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #373 on: 21 Apr 2015, 01:00 »

Got back into Mass Effect 3 since I never finished it and started a new game. Played like 3 hours and already was on a mission where I'm certain I've never done it before. What the hell did I do last time?

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #374 on: 21 Apr 2015, 01:13 »

So... many... things to do on Pandora oh my god.

Ran OP8 Digistruct Peak raid with 2 friends the other day. Ping had me blind half the raid, but thank goodness for E-Tech rocket launchers. Was successful. Then the game got pissed and gave us an instance of #GreenLoot after doing so. Meanwhile, I've started yet another character. BL2 is one hell of a drug.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #375 on: 21 Apr 2015, 05:45 »

I liked 2 a lot more than the first one (and I liked the first one). I don't think I'll be hitting up the third one though, since it's just me doing them solo.

On a side note, I do enjoy your racing game writeups, it's just not a genre I can comment much on, since the last one to really grab my interest was Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #376 on: 21 Apr 2015, 06:10 »

Plague Inc. Evolved. I really like the scenarios that do cool things with the game set-up and add more playability.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #377 on: 25 Apr 2015, 23:31 »

I just spent several hours making a terrain map of Madison, Wisconsin, in Cities: Skylines... it was a bit more difficult to make than the map I made of Norman, Oklahoma in SimCity 4 (flat terrain, hastily add river, done).

edit -- the map of Madison (obviously the city itself hasn't been built yet):

« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2015, 23:37 by cesium133 »
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #378 on: 26 Apr 2015, 07:39 »

I just spent several hours making a terrain map of Madison, Wisconsin, in Cities: Skylines... it was a bit more difficult to make than the map I made of Norman, Oklahoma in SimCity 4 (flat terrain, hastily add river, done).

edit -- the map of Madison (obviously the city itself hasn't been built yet):

Nice. What's the line where the Nolen Drive causeway is?

Oh, and you forgot the Yahara River crossing. Forgivable since you're new to Mad-town. (Hint: it's not really a true isthmus.)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #379 on: 26 Apr 2015, 07:56 »

I pre-built some of the railroads in Madison since the game allows that. The line where the Nolen Drive causeway is is one of the railroads. Also I knew about the Yahara River, but got a little lazy on some of the details of the water (partly out of frustration because my attempt to create Lake Waubesa flooded the entire map...) and ended up leaving it out.

edit -- and then I tried Googling and found that someone on Reddit already did it. Eh, whatever.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2015, 08:06 by cesium133 »
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #380 on: 26 Apr 2015, 11:55 »

Time to get my roommate to help design and implement a Bloomington.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #381 on: 26 Apr 2015, 21:56 »

Played and finished Alan Wake.  Not bad, given how old it is.  I will say, wasn't what I expected.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #382 on: 26 Apr 2015, 23:07 »

I am also currently playing Alan Wake, although for me it is a replay. I really, really like the game, so many pieces of the design just fit together so well in this game.

This message is coming from Tapatalk inside my phone!

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #383 on: 27 Apr 2015, 05:42 »

Desperation, apocalypse! I have finally found The Music For The Track... And it's Sonic 2006's stage clear. And It's shorter than the track. Fuck everything.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #385 on: 27 Apr 2015, 09:30 »

Aw, SHIT! Invisible Inc is good stuff.

Also Alan Wake is.... flawed, but I grooved to it pretty damned hard.  I need to go back and buy the extra chapters one of these days.

Before the covers in Bioshock: Infinite, Alan Wake was the best use of commercial music I'd ever seen in a game, hands down.

p.s. obligatory, though it's a little cheating since these were made for it

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #386 on: 27 Apr 2015, 22:08 »

Before the covers in Bioshock: Infinite, Alan Wake was the best use of commercial music I'd ever seen in a game, hands down.

I dunno, Prey's use of Don't Fear the Reaper sent chills running up and down my spine.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #387 on: 27 Apr 2015, 23:47 »

Decent counterpoint. Honorable Mention at least. Though I have to admit, I didn't play Prey until many years after its initial release, so it took me a bit to get into the spirit of it.

(click to show/hide)

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #388 on: 28 Apr 2015, 01:35 »

Bright Falls: Rock'n'Roll capitol of the USA.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #389 on: 28 Apr 2015, 19:30 »

Steam just put up all of the original tie fight and x-wing games.  I only played Xwing vs Tie fighter when I was young so its cool that I can try all of them now.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #390 on: 28 Apr 2015, 19:41 »

Don't buy them yet, wait for the traditional may the fourth sale.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #391 on: 28 Apr 2015, 19:50 »

too late, but playing with a mouse and keyboard is silly, need a joystick to really play it.  :-P

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #392 on: 30 Apr 2015, 07:06 »

Bright Falls: Rock'n'Roll capitol of the USA.

Heh, yeah that was pretty cool.  I followed up my replay of the original with American Nightmare, and for some reason it just doesn't resonate the same with me.  Not sure why.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #393 on: 30 Apr 2015, 20:12 »

Guys, someone made a Big Head Mode mod for Skyrim.

It includes the dragons.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #394 on: 03 May 2015, 13:46 »

Picked up new vegas again and moding it.  I never knew there was a "good" ending for Black Mountain Radio.  I was able to sneak in without killing a single mutant (well except a few centaurs but I don't think they count).
(click to show/hide)

next up, getting that remnant armor via fighting deathclaws and cazadors!

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #395 on: 03 May 2015, 16:37 »

Since the internet connection at my parents' has been beyond horrendous these past days, I've come back to Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. Basically, a Mario Kart clone with Sega characters and Danica Patrick that runs at about 400% speed of the classic 150cc class. Although there is a bit more depth to it.
(click to show/hide)

I've taken my time to improve some TA times and see if I get all staff ghosts (4 left). A time that's made me hate the course design of chilly castle since it's highly counter-intuitive, but oh well. I've also noticed that on the classic circuits, Superspeed Sonic or BD Joe are go-to vehicles, as they have the highest top speed without boost (6/5) and those tracks aren't littered with boost chances. On the other hand, AGES AGES or VIP Wreck-it Ralph are interesting choices for tracks such as Temple Trouble or Samba Studios, since they have 6/5 boost making them great for those tracks that have nigh-infinite boost chaining opportunities (if you take the risks).

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #396 on: 04 May 2015, 03:08 »

Picked up new vegas again and moding it.  I never knew there was a "good" ending for Black Mountain Radio.  I was able to sneak in without killing a single mutant (well except a few centaurs but I don't think they count).
(click to show/hide)

next up, getting that remnant armor via fighting deathclaws and cazadors!

I had no idea that route existed.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #397 on: 05 May 2015, 03:24 »

I recently got my hands on a copy of Assassin's Creeds II, Brotherhood, and III. Now, having 100%ed them all, I'm wondering where this last month has gone.

Ah well, On to Black Flag! (Again) :D
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #398 on: 05 May 2015, 11:11 »

Oh Assassin's Creed..

Later I'll  have to share my GODDAMNIT template image around these parts, but throwing them all up on image hosting is boring, just for a quick gag here.

Anyway, talkin' about a game series that gets me all a-flutter, only to fumble at important steps of our lovemaking. And I mean like 'biting things I've asked it not to bite' level fumbling, weeks after I've asked it to stop.

And then 3 apparently decided to just start slapping me until it dislocated my jaw.

This metaphor is a bit tortured. YOU UNDERSTAND THOUGH I HOPE

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #399 on: 05 May 2015, 19:22 »

This metaphor is a bit tortured. YOU UNDERSTAND THOUGH I HOPE

I have to admit, I really don't and I just finished Black Flag after putting more hours than I'm comfortable admitting into III (Connor sucked as a protagonist but I wanted to see Desmond's arc through to the end).

I'm actually starting to tire of long, super-involved games. 78 hours in Black Flag after 138 hours in DA:I has just worn me out. Witcher 2 is taunting me from my Steam library but I don't want to commit to it because I know it will take FOREVER and after spending so much time with my mage Inquisitor I don't know if I can handle more than a few hours with Geralt.
Quis pater tibi est?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Up