THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 23:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 353353 times)

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #450 on: 13 Jul 2015, 15:21 »

@osaka I think I've said this before, but it's absolutely fascinating to read your writing on racing games, a genre I normally stay out of. Even if I can only follow along loosely at times. Glad to hear you're making progress.

@Thrillho Another thing I may have said before, but D3 is.... special. I enjoyed it, but I kind of wanted to beat someone with a stick over it. I imagine it's a better time with friends.

@Neko That sounds absolutely delicious, and I'm staying the hell away from it. Even if my dying computer could run it, I have enough to do, thank you.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #451 on: 14 Jul 2015, 09:27 »

Well, I've been playing racing games for the longest and I'm generally a quick learner, so I end up understanding, at least in a theoretical level, a lot of the physics and mechanics in a racing game. That and that the physics of NFSHP 2010 in particular are beautiful. I haven't seen a game so consistent with itself in my 15 years playing racing games. And even if it's an arcade racer, everything about a car counts towards how effective it is. Power, drive, measures, transmission, weight, weight distribution, aero. Everything.

This is a very long-winded way to say that the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport sucks donkey nuts. I don't care it has 1001hp, it's just way too heavy to be effective. And the Koeniggsegg CCXR is much lighter and has 1018hp, so there's that.

And then there's the McLaren F1 which is even lighter and has a shorter gearing, so even with "only" 636hp it ends up being faster than the two of those as soon as you're racing a road and not a highway.

On other news, I hit up the save editor for BL2 to clone my absolutely ridiculous Mechromancer (Her name's Penn) and give her perfectly parted guns and a Twister for solo play. Why oh why. People disintegrate as I walk by, provided I've fought through enough of them. Playing in OP8 makes it that much impressive.

Oh, and shock Norfleet. Yaaaay.

EDIT: Wow, I just noticed I haven't written an ode to the 'fleet yet.

(click to show/hide)

Although technically I don't really use it because it cheapens the game to ridiculous levels. But I have it, and it's so beautiful.
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2015, 08:57 by osaka »
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Nyithra

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #452 on: 21 Jul 2015, 21:50 »

Lately I've been cycling through Invisible Inc (turn based spy game), Life is Strange (choices based/story based game), and Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time.

It's kind of nice because each game appeals to something different for me. I love turn based strategy but am also a stickler for games with a heavy emphasis on choice, and Ratchet and Clank allows me to beat up baddies with lasers and stuff.
Follow your heart, but when your heart starts to shit all over your life, follow your brain.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #453 on: 22 Jul 2015, 00:53 »

I bought a One!
Games I've been playing:

Halo Collection for the nostalgia/lulz,

Elder Scrolls Online - a fucking huuuge game. I've barely scratched the surface after two days solid play,

Dragon Age: Inquisition - I've been looking forward to playing this game for literally over a year, but I need to dedicate a good block of time to it because I know it's going to be soul-destroying (typical Bioware)

Jackbox Party Pack - A great little collection of games that you play on screen using your mobile phones as controllers - kinda like more adult versions of Pictionary, Balderdash, things like that. Hilarious fun when drunk.
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #454 on: 22 Jul 2015, 10:41 »

I will buy a WiiU next week.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #455 on: 22 Jul 2015, 11:50 »

WiiU-WiiU-WiiU-WiiU-WiiU-WiiU-WiiU-WiiU-WiiU-WiiU-WiiU-WiiU

Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #456 on: 22 Jul 2015, 12:04 »

Partner is so proud about 100% GTAV that I'm telling all of you.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #457 on: 22 Jul 2015, 12:53 »

What is that picture from, Pilchard? That is a cool looking ship. I've been getting tempted to play Elite: Dangerous. It looks like a fun game and all... but I worry about if I'll be able to handle it. I get motion sick and disoriented fairly easily playing certain games, like dogfighting games. Most first person games don't bother me, so long as my 'feet' are on the ground. Add flight in there and I'll be all over the place. For instance, I've only ever lightly toyed with the Galactic Starfighter portions of The Old Republic. But I'm okay with the 'on rails' flight missions that were in the game from the start... I've watched a few Lets Play videos of Elite, and I didn't have any problem with it.. but I haven't seen any fighting yet. So I'd probably be pretty cool flying from planet to planet, exploring and trading. But be a sitting duck if anyone wanted to shoot me up. So dropping $60 on a game that I may not be able to play a large part of is eeehhhhh... worrisome.

I agree on ESO, Felix. I bought it when it went buy-to-play and totally haven't regretting the decision. I love hopping in for a little while every day. It's still the 'honeymoon phase' though. I've made a bunch of characters and deleted most of to find the race and class combos I like. Now I've started to focus on just playing people and enjoying the story and exploration.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #458 on: 22 Jul 2015, 15:21 »

to find the race and class combos I like.

All Orc and Argonian, all the time. Maybe Kahjit once in a while.

There, that was easy.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #459 on: 22 Jul 2015, 15:55 »

What is that picture from, Pilchard? That is a cool looking ship.

That's a Federation Navy Comet/Police Pursuit Comet from EVE Online.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #460 on: 22 Jul 2015, 18:03 »

to find the race and class combos I like.

All Orc and Argonian, all the time. Maybe Kahjit once in a while.

There, that was easy.

Heh, I bounce between a Bretonan Sorcerer (cliche ho!), a khajiit templar archer and a super fun argonian dragonknight. Because lizard girls who actually breathe fire are fun. :)

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #461 on: 22 Jul 2015, 18:45 »

I play as a Nord (so boring, I know!)
But if anyone's up for it, come join me on the North American server, Pact faction :) (Username's LJ Felix)
~She/Her/They/Them~

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #462 on: 22 Jul 2015, 18:47 »

(totally not just asking because I'm stuck on one fight and I am too terrified to ask strangers for help  :psyduck: )
~She/Her/They/Them~

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #463 on: 23 Jul 2015, 13:23 »

I introduced my fiance to Peggle and I caught her playing it on her phone. I've created a monster

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #464 on: 24 Jul 2015, 00:56 »

Having seen Ribbit King on Game Grumps, I now need that game in my life more than food or water.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #465 on: 30 Jul 2015, 04:02 »

Been playing Splatoon again since I now own a WiiU, and goddamn that soundtrack is crazy.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #466 on: 30 Jul 2015, 19:26 »

I bought Democracy 3 today and played a couple games as the Prime Minister of the UK. First game the UK turned into Greece and I got voted out in the next election. Second game I managed to avoid the debt crisis, but instead I got assassinated by creationists.  :psyduck:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #467 on: 31 Jul 2015, 19:00 »

I've made a small move to Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel from BL2 (will dedicate more time to BL2 next month) because skill trees in presequel are very interesting. Right now I'm working on a close-quarters Nisha based on pistols and melee. Basically because the capstone of the Law and Order skill tree has a potential for a ridiculous bonus to melee damage. I already have everything planned.

(click to show/hide)

Fun Fact: Out of all the playable characters of Borderlands, only Nisha and Lilith have a known last name. Nisha will say "My name is Nisha! Or ms. Kadam if you're naughty" on a killstreak, and diving on pre-release assets of the original Borderlands some dude found a character card for Lilith that read "Dr. Lilith Cashlin, mercenary Scientist".
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2015, 19:12 by osaka »

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #468 on: 02 Aug 2015, 19:22 »

I'm surprised you'd use the E-Gun. It's got a moderate damage output and is basically a stripped back Incendiary laser minus all the advantages of having Incendiary.

I'm stuck on the DLC for Pre-Sequel. Currently playing a Brotrap (That is, Claptrap with fully specced max health + regen), Torgue Shotgun, The Pitchfork, Moxxi's Vibra Pulse, and the Corrosive Hail SMG. Oz kit is an Acidic Juggernaut kit, 'nade mod is the Snowball (It's fun for the whole family, Jack). Stuck at the end of the "Enter The Claptrap" DLC, at
(click to show/hide)
It's damn near impossible. It's just one big goddamn grind, I tells ya. No real strategy to be had. I need a second player, methinks.
~She/Her/They/Them~

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #469 on: 02 Aug 2015, 23:37 »

Well, there's a couple of reasons to use the E-Gun. One of those rendered invalid because "non-elemental" is read as "devoid of elemental capacitor" for the Magnificent Six skill, but outside of that all beam lasers work with Nisha. And all Maliwan lasers are proper broken.

(click to show/hide)

On that other dude, I know it's my next enemy. I have an Iron, a Glitch corrosive Aegis, a Flayer and some other legendaries that I don't know if I'll use or not. I wanted a Luck Cannon, dammit.

EDIT: Done with dude. It's more a thing of going at him with everything and then some than it being a grind. Flayer and Dual Corrosive Aegis with Overload glitch did some mighty decent damage. Obviously as Athena you probably can faceroll the fucker, but since I'm focusing on my close quarters Nisha right now I can't do that.

Athena is SUPER tanky. It's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2015, 08:13 by osaka »

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #470 on: 03 Aug 2015, 18:29 »

Not as tanky as Claptrap. Have you seen his health regen?

I started again with Aurelia, one of the two DLC characters, and holy fuck she is pure evil. Also her class ability is amazing - So few characters are resistant/immune to cryo, it's great! Speaks to my style more as a long range player - kinda useless close up with her, but eh.
~She/Her/They/Them~

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #471 on: 03 Aug 2015, 18:55 »

If you rely on health regen, you can die eventually. Healthgating's been a thing for OP8 players in BL2. Plus, you have to deal enough damage to kill your enemies. Nisha is a glass cannon and I killed dude second try because I had aimbot (it's Nisha's skill, for the non-BL players), a high DPS build (5 points in High Noon, yeah), a glitch corrosive Aegis with Overload, a Flayer and an Iron. And a shock transfusion nade. And the Order skill for a slight survivability, but it did almost nothing.

Now what happens with Athena is that you can highly overpower the Vibra-Pulse via Maelstrom while using the Aspis to absorb damage. A spec similar to this (which was mine at the time of getting the legit game and losing the save) will allow you to facetank badasses several levels above you.

Obviously, if you were to tap into a finished build (like this, we're probably talking about full-blown immortality even for endgame. Then again, you are the goddess of war.

(click to show/hide)

So tl;dr, time the shield and throw free teslas. (Tesla grenades are the absolute best for building maelstrom)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #472 on: 03 Aug 2015, 19:01 »

I'm surprised you'd use the E-Gun. It's got a moderate damage output and is basically a stripped back Incendiary laser minus all the advantages of having Incendiary.

I'm stuck on the DLC for Pre-Sequel. Currently playing a Brotrap (That is, Claptrap with fully specced max health + regen), Torgue Shotgun, The Pitchfork, Moxxi's Vibra Pulse, and the Corrosive Hail SMG. Oz kit is an Acidic Juggernaut kit, 'nade mod is the Snowball (It's fun for the whole family, Jack). Stuck at the end of the "Enter The Claptrap" DLC, at
(click to show/hide)
It's damn near impossible. It's just one big goddamn grind, I tells ya. No real strategy to be had. I need a second player, methinks.

If you're playing it on 360 I'd help you out, but I actually need to start playing the game. I bought it for the 360 but all my friends had already moved on to the X1

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #473 on: 04 Aug 2015, 06:43 »

Happy to, Blue Kitty. I still have my 360 even though I bought an XBone :)
~She/Her/They/Them~

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #474 on: 05 Aug 2015, 02:31 »

In a stunning turn of events, Game Save Manager has recovered my "Zeus ain't shit" Athena save, so I might as well finish that one too.

The reason for that name is because I'm going for a full-blown tank-shock Surging Storm build with shock-fire lasers. And maybe a Flayer for certain non-elemental parts of the game.

EDIT: In the meantime I'm also playing with good ol' Nisha, and it turns out there's a really stupid exploit with the "One for each of ya" skill. Like, REALLY stupid.

If the pistol you dual-wield is bladed, the melee bonus applies twice.
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2015, 16:53 by osaka »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #475 on: 15 Aug 2015, 19:21 »

Finally started playing Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U. The gamepad is pretty uncomfortable way to play so I'll probably be getting a controller or two to play it.

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
« Reply #476 on: 15 Aug 2015, 21:10 »

Trying to decide if Banished is worth spending dollars on. I'm an RTS fan but from what I've read this game seems quite a bit different.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #477 on: 16 Aug 2015, 00:10 »

Yeah, it is. Next.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #478 on: 16 Aug 2015, 01:56 »

Finally started playing Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U. The gamepad is pretty uncomfortable way to play so I'll probably be getting a controller or two to play it.

Yeah use a Gamecube controller. It is so ridiculously unbalanced to play with a Wiimote. You end up missing about 65% of your move set.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #479 on: 16 Aug 2015, 15:43 »

I've spent so much time on Elder Scrolls Online lately. I think I need help. I could be, you know, studying, or something, but nope, it's all ESO.  :psyduck:
~She/Her/They/Them~

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #480 on: 16 Aug 2015, 16:02 »

Still some gud to be acquired in NFS HP 2010, sadly I'm not too sure about how. Also, I hate cop runs for serious play. Too much RNG. And I also hate playing as a cop since you don't need skillz to maintain your past-top speed running. All cop cars are given the same effective top speed in the class and they regen nitrous at the rate you would on a racer car racing oncoming.

Quick Edit: I seem to have mastered Roadsters Reborn with the Z4 (3:17.93), still 11 seconds behind WR. Car is really slow on the beach, but I really don't want to use the 370Z just because it could be faster there. That car's ugly as shit.
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2015, 17:00 by osaka »

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #481 on: 18 Aug 2015, 14:13 »

Yeah use a Gamecube controller. It is so ridiculously unbalanced to play with a Wiimote. You end up missing about 65% of your move set.
Pretty sure he means the WiiU gamepad:

This message is coming from Tapatalk inside my tablet!

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #482 on: 18 Aug 2015, 14:30 »

I think Thrillho was recommending a pro controller over using a Wiimote.

EDIT: Image size, name change.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #483 on: 18 Aug 2015, 14:37 »

Maybe he was recommending an actual GC controller. Nintendo sells adapters for the WiiU.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #484 on: 18 Aug 2015, 14:55 »

They do? I'll have to get a couple.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #485 on: 18 Aug 2015, 17:01 »

So except for the part where it almost set my laptop on fire because of some default graphics settings I didn't realize I needed to be lowered (I don't computer well unlike many in this forum and I'm used to games just doing the whole 'automatically detect the best settings' thing) I really love Banished. It's a bit difficult, and I wish these people would stop having kids so I could keep them fed (I'm sure there's a Malthusian/pro-PRC message to be gotten there), but it's a lot of fun. And it's a really beautiful game even after I lowered the graphics to not-overheating levels.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #486 on: 18 Aug 2015, 17:48 »

Well, a game I want to play is Elite: Dangerous. It's a space ship simulator game and from what I can tell fantastically well done. I've been watching Lets Play videos of it lately and it really makes me want to give it a try. It's one of those games that you're open to do whatever you like... You are dropped into a loaned starter ship and you can just go and do whatever you like from there. Stations and ports will give you missions if you want. Hauling cargo, hunting down enemies, even engage in a little piracy. Or you can just go off and do your own thing. Explore systems, mine for ore, hunt down wanted people for their bounties... Or go rogue and just waylay ships and pirate them on your own. You can play it single player or online.. Plenty of NPC pilots to encounter either way.

They spend a lot of time and effort making the game look and feel realistic and consistent, that's something I really like. Normally I can't play flight simulator games as I'm one of those people who gets motion sick really quick with them. I can do fine mostly in a 3d environment if my feet (wheels, whatever) are on the ground. but when i try to move in 3D space, I get nauseous and lose my sense of direction. I haven't felt at all sick watching the videos though. So I think I may be good with this game. I'm just kind of torn at the moment... Should I get it now, or wait till this winter when they are releasing their first expansion for it, adding the ability to land on airless worlds and travel about the surface. The expansion is going to come with the full game, so it's a better deal to wait... But by the time it comes out I fully expect to be neck deep in the Boston Wasteland.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #487 on: 19 Aug 2015, 04:15 »

Maybe he was recommending an actual GC controller. Nintendo sells adapters for the WiiU.

^ Bing! This. You can get an adapter, and I've never used a controller that functions better in every respect than a Gamecube one.

The controller that comes with the Wii-U is just bizarre.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #488 on: 19 Aug 2015, 09:11 »

Personally, I find the triggers on the GC pad to be a bit too loose, but I am accustomed to using the triggers for precision analog inputs (Over 400h spanning several Forzas, to begin with), which I think is something that wouldn't be as troublesome on the GC games I'd play.

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #489 on: 19 Aug 2015, 17:54 »

World of Tanks
World of Warplanes
World of Warships

...I must be out of this world?

at least I don't play WoW.  ;)
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #490 on: 20 Aug 2015, 00:40 »

You know, everyone I know who said that (myself included) was pleasantly surprised at how good it still feels when actually holding it in their hands for the first time.

This message is coming from Tapatalk inside my tablet!

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #491 on: 20 Aug 2015, 00:59 »

You know, everyone I know who said that (myself included) was pleasantly surprised at how good it still feels when actually holding it in their hands for the first time.
Seconded. I was very surprised how good it could be handled when my roommate got his WiiU. It's a bit awkward at first but you get used to it pretty quickly.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #492 on: 23 Aug 2015, 07:09 »

I've updated my psp emulator so I can go back to the WipEout games. It's interesting how ships in Pure (Except the Triakis one due to a bug) lose so much speed just by turning. It really forces you to drive smoothly and as cleanly as possible.

On the other hand, tracks in Pulse are also designed around ships much grippier than those in Pure, and you have to drive accordingly. While the tracks aren't AS technical from a first look, you soon realize that turns are much more sudden and the speeds you need to handle are somewhat higher (even if the classes are of similar speeds). And some tracks, like Basillico, Tech De Ra or Outpost 7 have some harsh turns not unlike those of Pure.

As a fun fact, that bug made it into lore, as much of the diverse WipEout games shenanigans, and on the background for the 2207 FX400 league (which is the setting for WipEout Pulse), it's mentioned that Triakis would go on to win it all in the 2206 FX300 league, but they were later "disqualified due to a reverse inertia system used to maintain speed around the corners despite their heavy frame. That championship would fall in the hands of the resurrected AG Systems team for the first time in their almost 160 years of AG racing history".

The lore of WipEout is deep and extended. I wonder if they'll make a WipEout game for this generation that continues after Pulse (WipEout 2048, for the PS Vita, is a sort of prequel / spin off game featuring sanctioned street racing on New York (renamed Nova State City) in the pro-am AGRC league the year after the events of the first F3600 league of WipEout).

In case it isn't 100% clear, I fly the white and red colors of AG Systems. Even more so in Pure, where having the highest acceleration power really makes them highly competitive despite not being bugged. In Pulse maybe Piranha Advancements or Triakis, or even Icaras if I had access to DLC, would be more competitive, but whatever. Ship looks excellent and has enough thrust to keep me alive, so AG Sys it is.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #493 on: 24 Aug 2015, 20:37 »

I finished Lifeless Planet last night. It is... OK.

The visual design is attractive, with some pretty amazing environments, and the sound/music is excellent. The story is a bit clichéd though, the jumping/platforming game-play gets very repetitive, and the puzzles are not challenging at all.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #494 on: 24 Aug 2015, 21:30 »

Maybe I'm just set in my ways, but I strongly dislike Steam.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #495 on: 26 Aug 2015, 10:14 »

I picked up WoW again.  The nostalgia is coming back in full force.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #496 on: 26 Aug 2015, 14:02 »

Bro you should've tried it when it first rolled out in 2004.

It revolutionised the gaming industry, eventually, but at the time, man, it fucking ruined my favourite past-time.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #497 on: 26 Aug 2015, 15:55 »

it fucking ruined my favourite past-time.
Guess I'm the only one who loves steam?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #498 on: 26 Aug 2015, 17:17 »

I like it well enough. I'm not joined at the hip or anything, but I don't hate it. I find it less offensive than most of those 'If you want to play our games, you must download our companies front end system so we can spam you with adverts' steam wanna bes.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #499 on: 26 Aug 2015, 17:54 »

It revolutionised the gaming industry, eventually, but at the time, man, it fucking ruined my favourite past-time.

I admit, I'm curious about this.

I was around in that era, and I remember the beginning of that kind of shift, but I was in the 'looking forward to it' camp, more than not. Also I've spent much of my time in a city where decent Internet access isn't difficult (U.S. standards).

I'd probably be more annoyed if I was back on dial-up or something again.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32   Go Up