THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 343695 times)

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #650 on: 18 Feb 2016, 14:14 »

Moving forward on Horizon 2, 27/168 championships down (and almost into the second finale). Just bought an AE86 Corolla, put a turbo on that bad boy and ran it through ALL the mechanical upgrades. Then added a rear wing and I now have a literal Drifting Anime car. Seriously. The car is incredibly responsive and really fast around corners (After all it barely weighs 840kg), but it just likes to wiggle the tail so to speak.
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #651 on: 28 Feb 2016, 07:38 »

Playing through Wind Waker HD and I was doing the Earth Temple last night. Not once through the temple did I lose or let Midli get captured. When I played the original I know I lost her a few times.

Also, the Tingle bottles in this game are great. A lot of the time people send out stupid messages or Link selfies, but a number of kind people are sending out legendary or hard to get photos for the Nintendo Gallery. I'm so moved by it I send out a few myself.

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #652 on: 05 Mar 2016, 12:44 »

Holy shit Ori and the Blind Forest.. I feel bad for the artists that have added their beautiful imagery, music and story to such a mess of a game..

Thought I was in for a light platformer focused on story and atmosphere, in the vein of Limbo. Oh boy was I wrong. Playing this shit is pure torture. So many bad gameplay decisions it seriously puzzels me how anyone thought this would be a fun experience.
I dunno..

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #653 on: 05 Mar 2016, 12:47 »

Picked up Bayonetta 2 from the library, and it's as crazy as the first one so far

Holy shit Ori and the Blind Forest.. I feel bad for the artists that have added their beautiful imagery, music and story to such a mess of a game..

Thought I was in for a light platformer focused on story and atmosphere, in the vein of Limbo. Oh boy was I wrong. Playing this shit is pure torture. So many bad gameplay decisions it seriously puzzels me how anyone thought this would be a fun experience.

I'm kind of afraid to go forward in the game cause I know I'm gonna get frustrated.

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #654 on: 05 Mar 2016, 12:56 »

I hope you have better button combo coordination than me, or you're gonna have a bad time!

I just spent an hour trying to jump up between two walls full of thorns, and when i finally made it, there was some sort of proximity mine creature that blew me up. At that point I decided the game simply wasn't worth the effort.
I dunno..

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #655 on: 07 Mar 2016, 21:06 »

I picked up a second-hand copy of Assassins' Creed IV:Black Flag for the One a couple weeks ago. Burned through it and now nearly at 100% synchronisation. God this game was so much better than Unity or virtually any of the others in the series.

Side note: why am I going back and playing games I've already played instead of working on the backlog of unopened new games I have? I have no idea. Despite my love for BioWare, I haven't played past the introduction for Inquisition, ditto for Shadow of Mordor.
I've also got Destiny, Watch Dogs, Sunset Overdrive and Rise of the Tomb Raider that haven't even been played once yet.

Oh well, back to a Mass Effect 1 playthrough for me..
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #656 on: 08 Mar 2016, 02:55 »

I gotta buy Sunset OD at some point.

On the other hand, I've finally played through all of Ridge Racer Unbounded. Those Drift Attacks towards the end of the game are grueling.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #657 on: 08 Mar 2016, 03:36 »

I picked up a second-hand copy of Assassins' Creed IV:Black Flag for the One a couple weeks ago. Burned through it and now nearly at 100% synchronisation. God this game was so much better than Unity or virtually any of the others in the series.

Side note: why am I going back and playing games I've already played instead of working on the backlog of unopened new games I have? I have no idea. Despite my love for BioWare, I haven't played past the introduction for Inquisition, ditto for Shadow of Mordor.
I've also got Destiny, Watch Dogs, Sunset Overdrive and Rise of the Tomb Raider that haven't even been played once yet.

Oh well, back to a Mass Effect 1 playthrough for me..

I haven't played it yet, but I guess if you liked Black Flag you should try Rogue too, though it's only for the last generation

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #658 on: 08 Mar 2016, 04:45 »

I can't in good conscience play Rogue. Playing as a
(click to show/hide)
is just evil, man
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #659 on: 08 Mar 2016, 06:11 »

So... in a reversal of the subject, is anyone here playing Black Desert Online? For those that don't know it's a Korean MMO that was recently released with an English client. It's biggest reputation that I had seen before this was that it was an action MMO with a gorgeous visual aesthetic and a way over the top even for such a game character creator... Which is fine and all, but when I want to scratch the itch for that, I can always play Tera or something similar I already have accounts for. But since it's release I've been hearing people talking it up, going on about it's huge, sandboxy open world feel to it, that the combat and grinding is actually only one part of it, and it has hugely deep crafting and trading systems... Basically, taking a bunch of stuff you would see more often in exploration or simulation games, but putting them in an action MMO. And I have to say.... I'm intrigued. It's a buy to play game, so that's a nice thing, no subscriptions to worry about. But I'm concerned about time investment..... And I was hoping some people here played and could give me their opinions on the game?

TheEvilDog

« Reply #660 on: 08 Mar 2016, 08:13 »

Tried the character creator a while back, really good fun but having just gotten through WoW and The Old Republic, I'm really wary of playing another MMO at the moment.

Haven't exactly been playing, I've been watching a friend do a playthrough of Until Dawn and after going through the first couple of chapters I'm really hoping for everyone to die! (Except Chris...)

See, this is what happens when I watch anything slasher horror related. I want the psycho/monsters to win!

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #661 on: 09 Mar 2016, 02:32 »

I was idling on a Miku stream last night and suddenly Nep franchise sale, so I bought all three. Started playing the first one and no regret.

Edguy

• My facebook page
« Reply #662 on: 09 Mar 2016, 03:40 »

I watched a playthrough of Firewatch. I really, really liked the characters, storytelling and setting.

(click to show/hide)
I dunno..

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #663 on: 12 Mar 2016, 19:07 »

Got WWE 2013 from the library cause I haven't played a wrestling game since the N64 era. Couldn't get into as much as I did back then, the new system is way too different for me.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #664 on: 19 Mar 2016, 15:25 »

I was idling on a Miku stream last night and suddenly Nep franchise sale, so I bought all three. Started playing the first one and no regret.

Like this one? (Have patience with me - I'm old ...)
Damn! Bill Gibson called that one in '96 ("Idoru", 2nd novel in the Bridge-trilogy, and probably the inspiration for the name of the body-shop Momo got her chassis form)

I see you're also the type of person that does that. The only long RPG I think I ever finished (besides Oblivion) was fallout 3. I didn't finish New Vegas, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Farcry 3... I finished... Borderlands 1 and 2?

There's something about getting close to the finish that makes me not want to go any further.

You guys, too?

Basically, when I come close to the last quarter of a game, I spend so much time perfecting the character stats/ammo/items/whatever that I get bummed out over it, loose the immersion and never see the end.
Latest additions to the "95% club" include Shadows of Mordor, Witcher 3 and MGS-V ...
(Not completing MGS-V makes me sad, though - I've rarely encountered a game with that much "pull". Not since I turned 20, that is ...)

... and now I need a fresh fix. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2016, 15:31 by Case »
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #665 on: 19 Mar 2016, 15:34 »

Finished Bayonetta 2, still as crazy as the first one. It even sets up the first game.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #666 on: 19 Mar 2016, 16:54 »

Like this one? (Have patience with me - I'm old ...)

Hmm, should've specified "Miku Game". Because there's now a whole franchise of rhythm games based on the music of Vocaloids - Project Diva.

Also, still playing Neptunia. So far got to Chapter 5 and I have the main crew (Vert, Nep and Compa / Blanc) past level 50. Working on getting Noire and MAGES. there.

MAGES. has to be damn near unstoppable on robot scenarios (so far it seems as if robots are weak to magic attacks).

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #667 on: 19 Mar 2016, 20:27 »

You guys, too?

Basically, when I come close to the last quarter of a game, I spend so much time perfecting the character stats/ammo/items/whatever that I get bummed out over it, loose the immersion and never see the end.
Latest additions to the "95% club" include Shadows of Mordor, Witcher 3 and MGS-V ...
(Not completing MGS-V makes me sad, though - I've rarely encountered a game with that much "pull". Not since I turned 20, that is ...)

Eh.. that's usually not it for me. It tends to be the draw of other things that gets me into other games and away from whatever I was playing. I'm one of those people who can only do the same thing over and over for so long. My room mate and sit down for like 6 hour+ marathon sessions of a game. I usually get bored after an hour. Or in the macro terms, I get bored playing the same game usually well before reaching the end of those 60+ hour games. Or if it's a game with options, I'll get into one class or whatever for a while, then want to try another. I'm the classic altoholic.  It was easier to stay with a game back when there were a lot fewer options... But these days, with major RPGs coming out on a regular basis, dozens of MMOs competing  for my attention, MOBAs, battle arena games and oddball games like Minecraft.. not to mention my non-computer gaming hobbies all competing for my attention... it's actually a rare and special game that can keep me locked in for very long.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #668 on: 19 Mar 2016, 21:56 »

Now that I finally have a nice PC to play it on, I got myself Rise of the Tomb Raider, and IT'S SO SO SO PRETTY

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #669 on: 20 Mar 2016, 10:42 »

You guys, too?

Eh.. that's usually not it for me. It tends to be the draw of other things that gets me into other games and away from whatever I was playing. I'm one of those people who can only do the same thing over and over for so long. My room mate and sit down for like 6 hour+ marathon sessions of a game. I usually get bored after an hour. Or in the macro terms, I get bored playing the same game usually well before reaching the end of those 60+ hour games. Or if it's a game with options, I'll get into one class or whatever for a while, then want to try another. I'm the classic altoholic.  It was easier to stay with a game back when there were a lot fewer options... But these days, with major RPGs coming out on a regular basis, dozens of MMOs competing  for my attention, MOBAs, battle arena games and oddball games like Minecraft.. not to mention my non-computer gaming hobbies all competing for my attention... it's actually a rare and special game that can keep me locked in for very long.

I see ... Then and again, you probably fall between "Core- and Hardcore-Gamer" on the spectrum (that I didn't knew existed until a short while ago ...), something I haven't really allowed myself to plunge into since roughly 2004.

With me, it's more that the more I fall in love with a game, the more I don't want it to end - and hence I tend to progress ever slower the closer I come to the finishing line. Trouble with this tendency is that I kill my infatuation, because it becomes repetitive, and the immersion become ever harder. Curiously, I've neverever re-played a game ... I guess it's like re-reading your favorite book? Sure, it's the bestest(est) - but you already know it inside & out?
Another thing I (try to) force myself not to do is looking up Tweaks & Tricks - because nothing kills the "OhLookatAlltehPRETTYYYYY!!!!" faster than understanding in perfect detail how every single NPCs will react to every conceivable input (Though, truth be told, the "not looking up shit" is about as easy as "Simply not hitting quicksafe" ...)

Altoholic - Never seen the term before (Yes, I really am old ...), though it seems to be more of an RPGer-thingy. I'm a bit more into the Shooter-ethos, i.e. perfecting a human skill in my own brain through gratuitous amounts of mindnumbingly stupid repetitive tasks. It took me a long time to enjoy RPGs, and I can't enjoy round-based ones - reminds me too much of the boardgames of my childhood (Boardgames are SHITE when you have nothing but boardgames ...)

BLAHFARBLURGHLLLLLETMETELLYOUALLABOUTMYSELFAAARRRGLLH - I still need a suggestion for my next infatuation? (!?) (!!!????)
You recommending MGS-V was spot-on, btw ... MOAR!
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2016, 10:49 by Case »
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #670 on: 20 Mar 2016, 17:04 »

The 'Core to Hardcore' classification pretty accurately describes me. I would say more Core though. I tend to get interested in things in cycles... I find something that really interests me, and I dive in full force. That's where my Hardcore tendencies come about. Eventually though, the new shiny wears off and I drift around.. to other games, or other hobbies or what have you. I do the same with other parts of my life too.. Like I'll find a musical artist that I like, and then I'll just go fully into them. Getting all their music catalog and listening to it all the time on repeat. Until such time as I slowly play less and less, until it becomes part of my rotation. Or I'll find a kind of food I really really like.... so on and so forth. It's not so that I get tired of things usually. It's just after being really into it for an extended period of time I just become... accustomed to it, and I look for something new.

Altoholic is very much an RPG term. I specifically mostly hear it in reference to MMORPGs,  where most people have a 'main' character and then one or more 'alternate' characters. I have a tendency to want to try all the things, so I quickly wind up with a stable of alts when I start a new game. Eventually I'll find one I like playing more than the others, though that can change as time and tastes change, or if I'm doing a lot of playing with guilds, to fill certain roles for the group. I do the same thing with single player RPGs though. If you give me more than one option how to build a character, I want to try them all out. One of the worst cases for me was City of Heroes. At the end of the game there were 13 class archetypes, most of which could choose from many options of primary and secondary power sets. And the character designer was massively open ended. Of all the games I've played, even other super hero RPGs, City had the most potential options. Naturally at the end I had something over 3 dozen characters existing on my account. And that's not counting the unknown number that I created, played for a bit and then deleted... That's what I mean by being a major altoholic.

And I extend that sort of habit/mindset to all my leisure activities. People sometimes ask me what kinds of games I play, I tell them 'all of them'. When talking about miniature games... I play many of them, and many armies.. Some people are laser focused on one or two things. While I'm not the 'grass is always greener' kind of person, I still want to play in all the fields, because every kind of grass is awesome in it's own way. :)

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #671 on: 20 Mar 2016, 18:11 »

People sometimes ask me what kinds of games I play ...

I tell them:
All of them!!!

:-D

TheEvilDog

« Reply #672 on: 22 Mar 2016, 09:35 »

I dug out my PS3 and booted up the original Resident Evil to celebrate the 20 years since the game was first released.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #673 on: 22 Mar 2016, 17:00 »

I was given the Division for free. Surprisingly, it's much better than I thought. The controls are very smooth, much more so than Gameplay videos suggest.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #674 on: 22 Mar 2016, 18:08 »

I'm playing Life is Strange now and it's...different. I was a big fan of the Walking Dead and Tales from Borderlands, but some times their choices to tell me things will be remembered is arbitrary. I watered the plant in my room and it told me, "That choice will have consequences," and I had a little freak out moment. Also, I was playing it and my wife could hear the music from the other room so she asked me, "Are you watching some kind of MTV reality show?"

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #675 on: 24 Mar 2016, 16:24 »

Gravity Rush Remastered.

It gives me motion sickness after a while if I'm doing a lot of fast movement and turns, but I'm enjoying it enough to persevere anyway. I do get first person motion sickness, but usually only on PC where the screen is near my face and/or most of my field of vision. I'm glad I'm playing this on the PS4 and not the Vita.

I also streamed it while my brother watched, which was really fun.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #676 on: 28 Mar 2016, 18:39 »

Finished Life is Strange in time to return it to the library tomorrow. I don't think any other game has made me cry as much as this game has. I felt depressed after my dog died in Fable 2, but this game made me full out cry.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #677 on: 29 Mar 2016, 20:57 »

I gotta buy Sunset OD at some point.

It's going to be free on Xbox Live Gold next month. (At least in the US, don't know about other parts of the world)
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #678 on: 31 Mar 2016, 08:31 »

I know. I was making numbers to see when would I be able to buy it and I saw the pic that it was going to be free next month (b'w')b

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #679 on: 31 Mar 2016, 21:37 »

Hyper light Drifter is out and damn am I having fun!
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #680 on: 01 Apr 2016, 03:46 »

Sadly I choose the console version so I have to wait, but I'm glad it's good

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #681 on: 04 Apr 2016, 02:15 »

Pulled a crackhead move and bought NFS2015 for the Xbox One knowing full well I'll eventually buy it for PC. So far it isn't too bad, I just have to learn the routes and stuff. Since I got the special edition my little 2000 Civic can be quite fast already, so that's nice.

On other news, I finished my first playthrough of Nep. Going for true ending and max level now, also I need to craft the Lost Game Ring ASAP or my damage output will start to struggle greatly.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #682 on: 08 Apr 2016, 11:21 »

Haven't really played any games 'cept for some of the humble bundle stuff that I got years ago (mostly solar2, which is strangely relaxing).  However those berk gamergater troglodytes' whinging about a new baulder's gate expansion have alerted me to it existing, and I'll buy it (and the others, haven't played that game in 15 years) as soon as I have some extra cash.  'Cos fuck those evolutionary throwbacks.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #683 on: 11 Apr 2016, 14:18 »

Dark Souls 3 will be out in less than an hour! Anyone playing?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #684 on: 11 Apr 2016, 14:22 »

God, I wish. I hope to be able to get it soon, though.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #685 on: 11 Apr 2016, 14:34 »

I'll wait until it's up on WineHQ to see if I should buy it.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #686 on: 13 Apr 2016, 06:24 »

The Missus and I started playing Aviary Attorney.

Its pretty cool! Like Ace Attorney with animal puns in Paris.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #687 on: 13 Apr 2016, 11:03 »

A whole new level of Phoenix Wright I see.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #688 on: 14 Apr 2016, 19:06 »

Trying out the Battleborn beta and....I have no idea what's going on but I am having fun.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #689 on: 15 Apr 2016, 05:36 »

I hope to have time to play it some this weekend. I tried to play the first day a bit... Just tried to solo the first story missing. It... didn't go well. It does have that kind of crazy Gearbox/Borderlands humor going for it... Only with the weird racked up several levels. So you know.. that's cool.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #690 on: 24 Apr 2016, 09:16 »

Played Legend of Dungeon last night at a friends house and it was pretty fun. I might actually get it for myself considering it's only $10, though I'd probably wanna get a way to plug a controller into my PC to play it.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #691 on: 24 Apr 2016, 13:16 »

Started playing Battlefleet Gothic Armada.  I am really liking it so far!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

TheEvilDog

« Reply #692 on: 24 Apr 2016, 19:48 »

Oh, I really need to get that installed. What fleet are you playing? Or are you going story mode?

Anyway, took me a couple of days of trying fixes, but I finally got The Elder Scrolls Online working. I'm liking it. currently playing as a Nord Dragonknight.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #693 on: 25 Apr 2016, 00:29 »

Grim Dawn.

This is a helluva lot closer to the Diablo 3 I wanted than Diablo 3 was.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #694 on: 25 Apr 2016, 08:20 »

Oh, I really need to get that installed. What fleet are you playing? Or are you going story mode?
I'm doing story mode which is Imperial centric.  Orks seem fun!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #695 on: 25 Apr 2016, 08:31 »

Atlas Reactor.  It's Trion's entry into the character based team-brawler like Team Fortress 2, Overwatch or to some degree Battleborn. The big twist, and what makes it way different than any of the other games is instead of it being first person shooter style, it's isometric, turn based combat, ala games like Final Fantasy Tactics or games like that. You choose your attacks and movement each turn, then watch them play out. It's interesting in that almost chess-like way where you have to try and anticipate the other team's actions and think a few turns ahead.

It currently is in closed beta right now. I was actually invited to the alpha test phase a while back, but with my crazy life, I never got around to loading it until this weekend, where I've been playing the heck out of it. I love turn based tactics games, and the cast of cartoonish sci fi characters are funny sometimes bordering on the absurd.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #696 on: 05 May 2016, 20:16 »

Ugh!  Was transmog farming at sunwell in WoW with my mage and Thori'dal, The Star's Fury dropped.  Such a waste.  Someone suggested putting in a ticket to see if the game masters can transfer it.  I put in the ticket but I seriously doubt they will do it.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #697 on: 06 May 2016, 01:26 »

Finished the main career of Forza 6, all 15 series of it. The Mazda 787B is excellent even if it wants to pierce your ears.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #698 on: 06 May 2016, 04:03 »

Overwatch open beta is out and it's taking forever to download

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #699 on: 15 May 2016, 11:32 »

is anybody playing Uncharted 4? If so, how does it play?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Up