THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 343185 times)

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #700 on: 16 May 2016, 00:12 »

I haven't played it. but I'm watching a let's play of it and I love the story.

EDIT: I guess you could say that, gameplay-wise, it's
(click to show/hide)
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #701 on: 16 May 2016, 12:23 »

Bugger.  I bought FF IX and X on Steam, and they're not playing nice with Wine.  I guess it's time to set up a VM and try them there.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #702 on: 16 May 2016, 12:29 »

Bugger.

You, of all people, should know that's not a problem.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #703 on: 16 May 2016, 13:35 »

Oh yes, I'm safe 'cept for apparently Steam games.

Oblig: https://youtu.be/VUnkBX8Db80
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #704 on: 31 May 2016, 19:25 »

Finally got to do something I've always wanted to in Overwatch, ram someone off the edge with Reinhardt. I might have gotten 3 people if I hadn't accidentally used that hammer slam button but as it was I still plowed through a Junkrat and dragged along a Mercy with me into the void. And I got play of the game to boot.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #705 on: 14 Jun 2016, 05:55 »

I beat the long and short Empire campaigns in Warhammer: Total War. O0

I tried to play the Orc one but it just doesn't seem as compelling as the Empire.  I annexed pretty much everyone except for Ostland (who only had one Territory), Nordland, and Averland.  Once I crushed the final Chaos incursion Nordland, Ostland, and Britonnnia dealt with the raiders and I committed 3 armies to intercept any that got through.  Averland was very ambitious and conquered the border princes and is in an eternal war with the orcs.  I was on good terms with the vampire counts but got sick of their corruption and wiped them off the face of the earth in 2 turns.  It wasnt until 4 turns later that I discovered I needed to own their lands (not just raze them) to win both campaigns.  So I back tracked and won the game.  Was really fun.  In the future I may do a recording of it for the channel but wow.  Was really a lot of fun.  More fun than the last few Total War games IMHO.  I may come back and try the vampire counts or Chaos but for now I think I need a break.  I hope they release some new playable campaign factions like bretonnia, skaven, or beastmen.

Top 5 total war games for me:

Medival Total War 2
Warhammer Total War
Rome Total War
Shogun Total War 2
Shogun Total War

Rome 2 would have made it on the list if it wasnt so damn buggy.  The whole thing would crash after your empire got too big.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #706 on: 14 Jun 2016, 17:06 »

All the internet coverage of the forthcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided got me all excited again about Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and I just completed another campaign. It really holds up well I think, and still I managed to find a couple of new wrinkles.

I am sad to read that in Mankind Divided, my pilot Faridah Malik is canonically dead, considering how much effort I put into saving her in hard-mode pacifist runs. I never let her die in any of my campaigns, so it's a pity that Eidos didn't take a leaf out of Bioware's Mass Effect book and let you feed the new game a save file from the old.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #707 on: 14 Jun 2016, 17:41 »

Aww really? That sucks. It's always tough to accomodate characters who could live or die as a result of your actions, but a lot of times the sequel gives you the benefit of the doubt. In DX: Invisible War (which I doubt anyone remembers) they dealt with Paul being alive or dead by keeping him in stasis, in which he could have ended up either way, but it was still kind of clumsy.

I'm looking forward to Mankind Divided but I remain unconvinced by the whole 'mechanical apartheid' thing they're pitching as the setting. In Human Revolution, they did a really good job portraying the possible ramifications of human augmentation, and of course if there was an outbreak of mass psychosis among the augmented that'd likely result in big societal upheaval. But having that result in making the augmented a downtrodden, shunned underclass just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when they're literally the superiour humans. It seems like the writers really just wanted to have an opportunity to make parallels to racism.

On the note of Schrodinger's characters, the best implementation (though far from perfect) of repercussions from them has to be in The Witcher 3, which I'm playing through a second time now. There are quite a few significant characters in The Witcher 2 who can end up dead (or worse) because of you - Aryan, Loredo, Henselt, Saskia, Síle and Letho are most - and a few of them, if alive, are integrated into the main plot and having them there could substantially alter the outcome. At the very least, most of them will be mentioned during dialogue to reveal their fate.

To my great disappointment, Saskia's fate is relegated to a post-release comic that's bundled with the first DLC, even though what happens to her arguably has the most far-reaching ramifications. This is probably why she doesn't even appear in The Witcher 3; she'd be too important. Even in the comic the consequences of the events of The Witcher 2 are glossed over a bit, but it's still satisfying to have some degree of closure there, however small.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #708 on: 14 Jun 2016, 19:57 »

Obviously I have not seen the new game, other than trailers and preview clips on YT, but I think the "mechanical apartheid" thing could make sense if only a small minority of populations were augmented, which was the background of the original game.

(click to show/hide)
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #709 on: 16 Jun 2016, 03:23 »

Obviously I have not seen the new game, other than trailers and preview clips on YT, but I think the "mechanical apartheid" thing could make sense if only a small minority of populations were augmented, which was the background of the original game.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #710 on: 17 Jun 2016, 17:44 »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

ischaemia

• Plantmonster
  • Almost necrosis
« Reply #711 on: 19 Jun 2016, 00:19 »

Finally got to do something I've always wanted to in Overwatch, ram someone off the edge with Reinhardt. I might have gotten 3 people if I hadn't accidentally used that hammer slam button but as it was I still plowed through a Junkrat and dragged along a Mercy with me into the void. And I got play of the game to boot.
This kind of makes me think of throwing someone off the edge with DK in Smash, such a dick move. That sounds like an incredible play of the game, too!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #712 on: 19 Jun 2016, 12:24 »

This kind of makes me think of throwing someone off the edge with DK in Smash, such a dick move. That sounds like an incredible play of the game, too!

There are so many ways to send people flying off the map in Overwatch though. Reinhardt is probably the most dangerous, since he goes with them.. Unless you have great planning or luck, it's usually more like "I'm taking you with me!"

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #713 on: 19 Jun 2016, 22:30 »

(click to show/hide)
I agree, it is very rewarding, and DX:HR plays completely fair. You have all the information you need, if you pay attention.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #714 on: 29 Jun 2016, 18:28 »

I got Pokken Tournament from the library. So far it's alright, a lot to take in and mainly it seems like button mashing works just fine.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #715 on: 30 Jun 2016, 12:14 »

After seeing Dishonored 2 at E3 I decided to play the original.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #716 on: 05 Jul 2016, 15:46 »

Played a couple yesterdayArkham Horror a cooperative Mythos type game.[1]  For various reasons we all lost, but one of the player and I at least had the chance to go toe to toe with Yog-Sothoth and shoot it a few times before getting et.  There were a few things that got screwed us up a little, we should have likely lasted longer before Yog awoke and immediately devoured half the group.[2]  Quite a lot of fun, but also a long game.

The only thing that got in the way really was how I got fscked by the RNG, so spent a *lot* of time in alternate dimensions.  There were a couple of times where all I could really do was go outside, smoke, and hope that there was something that I could affect when I came back inside.  Still, it was interesting, going around to find clues about the goings on in Arkham, closing gates, killing Lovecraftian entities, and hoping that certain things *stay* dead but dreaming instead of waking up for a snack.

The next one was Eclipse (space-based game).  Exploration, gaining resources, develop civilisation, take out enemies.  It really was a lot of fun, and should have probably be done with 4+ people in order to use the diplomacy feature.  There are a number of strategies different players can use.  I'm not sure whether I was helped or hurt by being forced to play fairly conservatively throughout most of the game due to a misunderstanding on my part.  Still, made up for it at the end, blew up one of the other guys' fleets and took a prized system.   
The pace of play is nearly continuous, as players can take multiple actions in a round.  The setup process, at least for those who aren't familiar with the game is a test of endurance. 

[1]I've been informed that like any good Mythos-based things, losing is generally what happened.
[2]There are a *lot* of available characters, and one of the final people was a replacement after the player's previous one was Elder One food.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #717 on: 05 Jul 2016, 17:25 »

Although I didn't get true ending in Nep1, I've decided to move on to Nep2. So far everything seems to scale far faster than in Nep1.

I'll also be buying Nep4 at some point this week and preordering Horizon 3. Also, I started DiRT Rally and it's amazing.

New PCs man. All this stuff you postponed and suddenly can do.
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #718 on: 07 Jul 2016, 19:06 »

[tweet]751103351107051520[/tweet]

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while
« Reply #719 on: 08 Jul 2016, 05:24 »

God damn Pokemon Go. It's consuming my life, and it's only been out two days  :psyduck:

(And I missed a chance to catch a psyduck today, too  :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: )
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #720 on: 08 Jul 2016, 05:38 »

I can't play it. It says my phone isn't compatible.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #721 on: 08 Jul 2016, 12:35 »

It hasn't come to the UK yet. There is the workarounds but I don't want to start it up and lose the progress when it officially releases. It'll probably also still be buggy or awkward even in the early days after release, nevermind before.

ischaemia

• Plantmonster
  • Almost necrosis
« Reply #722 on: 08 Jul 2016, 17:35 »

Stardew Valley is ruining my life by being a mellow alternative to my life ahhh

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #723 on: 11 Jul 2016, 10:51 »

I got Pokemon Go working on my phone by rooting it and installing a newer version of Android. Pretty much what I expected: addictive, drains battery very quickly.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #724 on: 11 Jul 2016, 11:53 »

Buddy of mine observed to me that it's only a matter of time before a kid gets run over trying to catch a Pikachu in the road.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #725 on: 11 Jul 2016, 13:48 »

It's obvious, really. Also it has already happened a few times.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #726 on: 11 Jul 2016, 13:50 »

Mad Max is so much fun, it's like Assassin's Creed with guns and cars. I didn't think I'd have as much fun running right into convoy groups and destroying them 1 by 1/taking out the lead car.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #727 on: 11 Jul 2016, 19:14 »

I had a lot of fun with Mad Max to begin with, but honestly it got very dull very quickly
~She/Her/They/Them~

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #729 on: 13 Jul 2016, 06:05 »

I am loving everything they did with Ana so far. I seriously can't wait until she makes it to the live server.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #730 on: 13 Jul 2016, 16:17 »

I had a lot of fun with Mad Max to begin with, but honestly it got very dull very quickly

I had an amazing experience last night where a storm rolled in as I was hitting a scrap spot. I had to get out of my car 3 different times so Chumbucket could heal it up enough for me to drive it. Somehow I made it back to Gutgash's stronghold. Also, outrunning some enemy cars in a scrap truck with low health and only one wheel.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #731 on: 13 Jul 2016, 16:21 »

I am loving everything they did with Ana so far. I seriously can't wait until she makes it to the live server.
I can't wait until it works under WINE.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #732 on: 14 Jul 2016, 01:28 »

So moving forward with NepuNepu2, Cave is so OP dear lord. And obviously her ultimate attacks come straight from bullet hell bosses, it's ridiculous

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #733 on: 14 Jul 2016, 18:27 »

I had an amazing experience last night where a storm rolled in as I was hitting a scrap spot. I had to get out of my car 3 different times so Chumbucket could heal it up enough for me to drive it. Somehow I made it back to Gutgash's stronghold. Also, outrunning some enemy cars in a scrap truck with low health and only one wheel.

What about it having 'Assasin's Creed'-sickness (Looks gorgeous, nice combat system, too little story, repetitive side-missions)?
I've heard people having the exact opposite experience to the one Felix had: That they found it 'meh' in the beginning, but it grew on them later on.
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #734 on: 19 Jul 2016, 16:48 »

Pathfinder Adventures on tablet has been eating up my time.  I really want to unlock all the classes.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #735 on: 22 Jul 2016, 16:32 »

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #736 on: 23 Jul 2016, 06:48 »

Widowmaker, What are you doing? Widowmaker, stahp.

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #737 on: 24 Jul 2016, 13:58 »

Widowmaker, What are you doing? Widowmaker, stahp.

:-D
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #738 on: 25 Jul 2016, 05:48 »

so, is any of you playing Overwatch on European servers?

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #739 on: 26 Jul 2016, 00:16 »

I am!

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #740 on: 26 Jul 2016, 05:46 »

Just rub it in that some of us can't play Overwatch 'cos it's rubbish on Linux  :laugh:

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #741 on: 26 Jul 2016, 10:11 »

NepuNepu2 has like 7629 endings, wtf. Got normal ending, will work on the rest at my own pace.

On to the NepuNepu3 I guess ( 'w')

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #742 on: 26 Jul 2016, 13:57 »

Just rub it in that some of us can't play Overwatch 'cos it's rubbish on Linux  :laugh:

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #744 on: 27 Jul 2016, 14:28 »

I would, but I don't know your BattleTag. Mine's Pilchard123, as usual.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #745 on: 27 Jul 2016, 17:00 »

On NepuNepu3: I've known for a while that Plutia / Iris Heart was voiced (in English) by the same girl who voices Gaige, the girl I've spent 300 hours of my life playing Borderlands 2 as. I've also known for a while that Plutia was a sweet little girl and Iris Heart was a hardcore sadist. However, I did not expect 1: both personalities sounding so different because of how painfully slow Plutia speaks and 2: that the one that would end up sounding more like the highly-dysfunctional, thunder-weaving, goddess complex teen would be the hardcore sadist counterpart.

On the other hand, knowing both characters pretty well, it does suit them ( 'w')

TheEvilDog

« Reply #746 on: 05 Aug 2016, 14:04 »

Picked up the Witch Hunter dlc for Mordheim and decided to do a new campaign with them.

So, I had a Witch Hunter Captain with heavy armour, a hammer and a pistol; a knight errant with heavy armour, shield and sword; two zealot henchmen and a flagellant armed with a flail.

First game was against a Cult of the Possessed and it was over in three turns thanks getting completely caught out. Long story short, the Knight Errant lost his arm, one zealot died and the Flagellant is hopping around with a peg-leg.
 :facepalm:

As you can imagine, I restarted the campaign mode.

Actually, is anyone still playing Mordheim?

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #747 on: 05 Aug 2016, 16:48 »

Took up NFSHP2 (PS2 version) on emulator because I was told it's completely different than the PC version. It is, and it's cool, but why did it have to have such blatant rubberbanding?

On more NepuNepu3 news, apparently the reason behind Vert's very voluptuous character design was the sheer size of the original Xbox (In her own words, "bigger is always better"), something I know quite well since I own one. That's one more thing I understand of that universe.

Detachable Felix

• Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
« Reply #748 on: 05 Aug 2016, 23:25 »

Finally picked up Tales From The Borderlands and loving every minute of it so far. (I'm about halfway through Zer0 Sum at the moment.)
~She/Her/They/Them~

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #749 on: 06 Aug 2016, 01:22 »

First game was against a Cult of the Possessed and it was over in three turns thanks getting completely caught out. Long story short, the Knight Errant lost his arm, one zealot died and the Flagellant is hopping around with a peg-leg.
 :facepalm:

As you can imagine, I restarted the campaign mode. settled on a draw.
FYP

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Up