Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 17 Jul 2018, 04:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 70212 times)

Pilchard123

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • I always name them Bitey.
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #1100 on: 09 Jul 2018, 13:38 »

Do you play it modded, much?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

JoeCovenant

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1101 on: 10 Jul 2018, 17:58 »

I've been playing Minecraft a lot over the last wee while.
Espec. with the aquatic update.

Created a large aquarium for a score or so tropical fish...
Also getting very frustrated with the glitchy treasure maps.

(And now that I sussed the quick way to defeat the Ocean temples, they don't seem so horrendous)

But it keeps pulling me back in.

(Just tried a pokemon mod - but it was huge.. and turned out to be bloody awful)
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

de_la_Nae

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • but will you understand
« Reply #1102 on: 10 Jul 2018, 18:59 »

no i don't usually bother with mods until i play 'enough' of the core experience. and i never play long enough to do that, so....

I figured out how to take screenshots. I've gotta look through them later and figure out how to put them on the internet. I guess probably my twitter account would work...
oh hey a signature

Case

• Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #1103 on: 10 Jul 2018, 20:47 »

I figured out how to take screenshots. I've gotta look through them later and figure out how to put them on the internet. I guess probably my twitter account would work...

Imgur is your friend.
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"Ignoring isn't the same as ignorance, you have to work at it" - Margaret Atwood

Castlerook

• Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #1104 on: 11 Jul 2018, 16:07 »

Started Perception this evening.

Its a first person survival horror game, where you play as a young woman called Cassie. Now, Cassie has a problem. Its not the fact that she's trapped in a haunted mansion and hunted by something called the Presence. No, Cassie's problem is that she's blind. Yes, that means that as you play, the screen is black. However, Cassie is able to tap her cane and use a sort of echolocation to navigate the mansion.

The game plays a lot like Amnesia, in that the protagonist is being hunted by something they can't fight back against, so they have to hide, be stealthy and be smarter. That said, if Cassie uses her cane too much too often, the Presence will detect her and kill her, meaning that you have to be wary about what you do and how you use the cane. As you can imagine, sound plays a vital part in the game, so water dripping from a tap might illuminate part of a room and so on. Cassie also has a phone that she can use to take photos and send them to an operator who can describe what's in the image.

Its an interesting game and certainly unique enough to stand out in the survival horror market.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #1105 on: 11 Jul 2018, 16:59 »

Finished first play of Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. I thought I'd go in for the second play right away but nope. Need to play anything else. I enjoyed the game but it's very repetitive. Even with the new graphics and voice acting, it feels like a handheld game that's to be picked up and done in small goes at a time. I put fifty-two hours in.

I think I'm gonna play Okami next.

de_la_Nae

« Reply #1106 on: 11 Jul 2018, 17:41 »

Jesus Rook. I can't play Amnesia or those kinds of games, really, let alone something with that extra curve ball.

It's interesting, I'll grant. What's your personal level on it, though?

Okami, that the one with the paintbrush wolf?
oh hey a signature

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1107 on: 11 Jul 2018, 19:18 »

All these recent articles on Hallow Knight really wanna make me boot it up and play it

Castlerook

• Captain Sarcastic
« Reply #1108 on: 12 Jul 2018, 03:59 »

Jesus Rook. I can't play Amnesia or those kinds of games, really, let alone something with that extra curve ball.

It's interesting, I'll grant. What's your personal level on it, though?

Okami, that the one with the paintbrush wolf?

I like the concept, and so far it has been well executed. Plus I get to feel like Daredevil. Which is always a bonus.

The only problem I'm having so far is that you need a very powerful computer to play it. Even on the lowest settings, I'm getting that jittering from it being just powerful enough to play. I mean, it works, but I might upgrade to a more powerful rig before I get it a proper try.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart but I am street smart.", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I am imaginary smart."

hedgie

• Can't be buggered at all
« Reply #1109 on: 12 Jul 2018, 10:14 »

From what I've seen, that game looks amazing.  I'll have to pick up a copy via Steam.
"A person who may charitably described as 'not entirely a waste of resources, but mostly so.'"  -- Momo

"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"  -- The Pythons

de_la_Nae

« Reply #1110 on: 13 Jul 2018, 00:46 »

Alright, got an imgur account. let's see here...

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

This link should be the album with what few pictures I've taken. Only about 16 in total, showing off my meager homestead of Graceland (and living quarters/workshop of Lower Graceland).

Right now exploring and mining a small cave system in a mountain next to home base. Think I'm gonna put a shed on top that connects down to Lower Graceland, and a pasture for all the llamas and pigs and cattle, instead of walking them down to my current pasture.
oh hey a signature

de_la_Nae

« Reply #1111 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:17 »

Got an embarrassingly-rough passage dug from the Upper Pasture to the river, opening out in a couple useful places. Next time maybe I'll connect it to Lower Graceland proper. Maybe. Compass helps but *man* I get lost underground.

Added a few more pictures, mostly from the Upper Pasture during construction. it looks a little different now. But more importantly, look at this awesome little thing.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Not sure if it's a Great A'tuin or a Great AT-AT. Either way I love it and am making careful sure I don't dig into it.
Also you can see my first floating island I've found on this world! Definitely gonna ring that sucker in gold if I ever find enough of it.
oh hey a signature

de_la_Nae

« Reply #1112 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:21 »

okay you can't *really* see it, at least not enough to know what it is if uh, you're not me and already know what it is. here.

(click to show/hide)

And a little high view of my tiny kingdom by the river
(click to show/hide)
oh hey a signature

LTK

« Reply #1113 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:22 »

I like your unconventional use of building materials. A wooden door in an iron frame with a cake to fill the gap, lovely!

Also, I keep forgetting how the game's vanilla textures look like ripe ass. On a completely unrelated note, I've been working with the Dokucraft community continuation project, which makes Minecraft much easier on the eyes, and has a ton of additional features to boot! Here are some of the custom block models I created for the pack:

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

de_la_Nae

« Reply #1114 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:25 »

Thank you! I'm afraid it's all pretty haphazard, and catch as one can. I don't have the desire or the ability to pull off the impressive stuff that I see other people like my little cousin make. But it's a nice game to let my whims carry me where they will for a bit, without too much worry.

And oh, I don't want to play with mods yet but those *are* some pretty textures.
oh hey a signature

LTK

« Reply #1115 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:41 »

The additional functions use Optifine which is not actually a gameplay mod but more of a graphical optimisation suite. It only changes the game's appearance, and it adds features like making glass (and other) blocks seamlessly connect to each other, creating multiple random variations of mobs like creepers and zombies, but also ore blocks, flowers and mushrooms. It also has options for increasing the height of the cloud layer, drastically increasing the render distance, and adding anti-aliasing. Even if you decide not to use a texture pack, it's worth installing Optifine for the performance improvements, as it has benefits on both low-end and high-end hardware.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LTK

« Reply #1116 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:57 »

In non-Minecraft-related news, I've been playing A Hat in Time, which is an absolutely delightful 3D platformer heavily inspired by Mario 64. It's a joy to play, irresistably charming, laugh-out-loud funny, and just generally does everything right. It's really impressive, I recommend you get it from the Humble Monthly if you have a heart and like nice things.

Pilchard123

• I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1117 on: 13 Jul 2018, 11:21 »

I was just coming to say that. I've been missing platformers like it for a while now, and I'm so happy I got it. I sat and played it for hours when I bought it, with the stupidest grin on my face.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up