THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently  (Read 343249 times)

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
Re: What Games Have You Been Playing Recently
« Reply #1400 on: 12 Jul 2020, 16:03 »

Well, if we're talking about being/feeling old, I've been playing a game of Anno 1602 lately. I've been running it in a WinXP VM and just paying attention five minutes at a time over the course of a few weeks. The AIs are programmed to mimic what the human player does, so when I ignore the game the AI just sits there doing nothing. It's a rather convenient way of playing, because you can build up a ton of money just by running a small surplus. One side effect is the game offers you a statue to build for every hour that your people stay happy. The statues are a waste of space, so I don't bother building them. The AI, on the other hand...

The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1401 on: 13 Jul 2020, 01:27 »

Anno 1602 was my first game. A while ago, as a promotion for Anno 1800, Ubisoft had it for free - same game, but no separate VM necessary. Though I still do have one, as well as an old machine that's still running XP, to play it form my original disk.

I think I'll get back to it, after I finish Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1402 on: 13 Jul 2020, 11:48 »

One side effect is the game offers you a statue to build for every hour that your people stay happy. The statues are a waste of space, so I don't bother building them. The AI, on the other hand...
We need to start tearing down those statues.

I'll go get an angry mob.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #1403 on: 13 Jul 2020, 12:31 »

Don’t worry, I sent the artillery.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1404 on: 13 Jul 2020, 13:51 »

I threw 20€ at EA some time ago. Luckily, it was over Steam, and a share went to Petroglyph. Yes, I went down Nostalgia Road, and got C&C and RA Remastered. And that's basically what it is: Nostalgia. They amped up the engine and graphics, but everything else basically is what it was 25 years ago. ... Aaaand I just made myself feel old.

Also, I preordered Horizon: Zero Dawn for PC, and I'm hyped. I've seen most of the game on Twitch, but I still want to play it myself, it's just such a good story IMHO.

Oh shit! Are Red Alert and Red Alert 2 available in Windows 10 compatible versions? When I last looked I couldn't find any.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

cybersmurf

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1405 on: 14 Jul 2020, 01:48 »

Oh shit! Are Red Alert and Red Alert 2 available in Windows 10 compatible versions? When I last looked I couldn't find any.

Well, Red Alert 1, alongside its predecessor as the C&C Remastered bundle. RA2? Not that I know of.
But one of the upsides: they got the creator of the original soundtrack, Frank Klepacki, to remaster the soundtrack.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1406 on: 21 Jul 2020, 11:40 »

Might have to buy the shit out of that. Great soundtrack.

I just played the whole of Last of Us 2 in three days. What an overlong but largely great maudlin slog that is!

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #1407 on: 21 Jul 2020, 19:18 »

I just finished Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the 2nd time. Downloaded Hollow Knight for the Switch yesterday. Played for about 30 mins, got my *ss handed to me several times. I'd better start looking for some upgrades :D
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1408 on: 23 Jul 2020, 17:39 »

IT’S BEEN TEN YEARS

TEN YEARS OF WAITING

TEN BLOODY LONG YEARS SINCE FABLE 3 WAS RELEASED

AND MICROSOFT HAS THE AUDACITY TO DROP A FABLE TRAILER TODAY

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO HANDLE ALL THOSE FEELINGS?!

I’M HAVING A FULL BLOWN MENTAL BREAKDOWN OVER HERE

FABLE IS EVERYTHING TO ME

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1409 on: 23 Jul 2020, 17:46 »

Tomorrow when I get some computer time expect lengthy discourse on The Last of Us 2 and Resident Evils 5 and 3make.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1410 on: 24 Jul 2020, 15:02 »

SO

If any of you follow me on Twitter, you've already seen a lot of this anyway.

I visited a friend of mine recently, and our tradition these days is that we basically grind through a game's complete campaign together. Or if we're real lucky, more than one!

CW: Violence

We did The Last of Us 2, then Resident Evil 3 Remake, then most of Resident Evil 5.

RE3 and TLOU2 are still quite new so I'll put my thoughts in spoilers. I will not be being remotely careful, so please be advised that spoiler stuff will be in there.

The Last of Us 2
(click to show/hide)

Resident Evil 3 Remake
(click to show/hide)

I'll be back to talk about RE5 later.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1411 on: 24 Jul 2020, 15:13 »

Resident Evil 3 Remake

Myself and two friends discuss how RE3R did fail somewhat compared to RE2R, especially how the early hub just felt too small and how Nemesis didn't really feel like a challenge.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #1412 on: 03 Aug 2020, 12:23 »

So I installed "Mechanicus" from steam and played the tutorial mission this morning.

Its pretty interesting.

The Plot: You are the leader of a Mechanicus ship sent to a planet where another mechanicus team went missing. You and you're delightful crew explore and find Necrons. Now its a race against time to salvage as much tech and information as possible before all the Necrons wake up. Honestly the crew is pretty cool so far. You have the religious fundie that recites scripture and he hates heretical technology, you have the curious analyst that wants to study everything even if she shouldn't, The commander of the troops that cares for her skittari soldiers, and a few other colorful character that supports your protagonist.

The game mechanics: Its very interesting. You view everything from your ship through a star wars style 3D holomap of a dungeon. If you've ever played "Darkest Dungeon" its very similar. You put together a team of troops (cannon fodder) and tech priests (they do everything else)  and you go room to room just like Darkest Dungeons. Some rooms have enemies, some have treasures, some have decisions you have to make, and some are just empty. You explore the ruins/tombs and fight necrons. Combat is a lot like the original Fallout games from the 90s. Every soldier rolls initiative and fights in turn. You move the unit around the map, click on the weapon you want to use and select the target. At the end of the turn everyone re-rolls initiative and the new turn starts. You can also collect and use command points during combat which allows you to do an extra action, fire a special gun, or move further. You collect command points by defeating enemies, loosing troops, or from collecting data on the battlefield. Its not really like XCOM at all (no cover mechanic that I can see). Tech priests (and maybe troops?) also are customizable and level up from experience and can be kitted out as you like from collecting in game currency.

I've only played the tutorial so far but its very intriguing. I am kind of surprised they went with the old Fallout 90s style combat as opposed to say the fast paces xcom combat style. Honestly its more strategic RPG (Like Fallout or Darkest Dungeons) than tactical squad game (as far as I can tell). I like it.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1413 on: 10 Aug 2020, 21:45 »

I'm now addicted to Words With Friends 2, a word game not licensed by Hasbro but with rules instantly recognizable to any Scrabble® player.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #1414 on: 10 Aug 2020, 22:21 »

Does it allow one to play a bluff?
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1415 on: 11 Aug 2020, 04:29 »

I got the remastered Bioshock three pack as a way to kill time during my time off work.

Close to the end of the first one before I get into DLC I've never played, which will hopefully be fun. The first one mostly holds up pretty well but I have a couple of gripes of things that I think show both some minor issues in the writing and some glitches that should really have been sorted.

I found one carriage that was surrounded by trapbolts but had some stuff inside; I managed to get in and get to the stuff, but none of it could be picked up. Bit irritating.

Also when Fontaine messes with your plasmids, I shouldn't be able to randomly summon ones which I have never purchased. How does that work genetically? I understand messing with my brain chemistry to not be able to choose, but I have never had a freeze one so why do I have it now in this section? Sometimes fun, but quite immersion breaking.

cybersmurf

« Reply #1416 on: 11 Aug 2020, 11:34 »

Been playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. Good game, not that good a port. Getting crashes constantly, and I don't know why. If you think about buying it: wait for the first major patch, maybe even a sale.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1417 on: 22 Aug 2020, 10:32 »

I net a bunch of achievements last night as High Elves in Warhammer Total War 2. I found out I could load a previous campaign and continue where I left off and still get achievements (thought it was only with current patches). So I loaded an old Vortex Campaign from just before The Grim and The Paunch DLC and continued where I left off. I finally finished the campaign (First time finishing a Vortex Campaign) and have all the High Elf specific achievements except winning on VeryHard\Legendary.

I also got a few rare ones and man did it take a long time to do. At one point I was just ending turns, doing nothing, waiting for the population to grow high enough to expand the cities just to get the governor one. Reminded me of my Empire playthrough where I was just ending turns for 40+ turns just to confederate the last 2 elector counts after having defeated Archaon.

I do notice that although I have clocked in 400+ hours in the game, I have only ever finished a campaign 4 times (including this one). I can't be the only one that plays a campaign for 100 turns before wanting to play another faction because it got too easy or needed a flavor swap, right? Its like "turn 100 ADD" or something. I think there is a technical term for it (not ADD of course) but I forget what it was called.

Edit: looking at achievements and it looks like only 18.1% of players have completed the Vortex campaign. I am finally one of those people.

« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2020, 12:03 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

oddtail

« Reply #1418 on: 23 Aug 2020, 16:19 »

I finished "Return of the Obra Dinn".

If you like puzzle games or detective games... this is a pretty decent puzzle, and possibly the best detective game I've ever played (depending on the criteria for "best"). It's fun and engaging and it's no BS, all figuring stuff out.

The game is an indie title with simple graphics stylized to look like old, monochrome computers would render things (but the game is in 3D and has a fair amount of detail). The idea is that a sailing ship mysteriously returned home without any of its crew and passengers, and you're an insurance company agent with a magical watch that can show you what happened in the moment of a person's death, if you have access to a corpse. The goal is to figure out the identity and eventual fate of all 60 people the ship left with. In the beginning, you have very little to go on, but the visions the watch provides allow you to jump into *other* visions, Inception-style. Eventually, you'll have access to several snapshots of the ship's voyage, and you can explore them in search of clues and important details.

The game is not crushingly difficult, and there's no penalty for failure (so in theory, you can solve the game by trial-and-error and guesswork). But putting together what happened takes a bit of time, and the further along you get, the more the scenes of the past make sense, and the more you get invested in guessing and eventually finding out what happened to whom. Notably, the game requires you to pay attention to small bits of information in multiple scenes to piece together what happened to any single person. It can be as obvious as a line of dialogue, or as subtle as which room a person is standing in. To me, it has a strong "Sherlock Holmes putting clues together" vibe to it.

The game is really one of a kind, and if you haven't heard of it (and don't mind that you honestly can only play it once, because on a replay, you'll just know the situation well enough to not *have* go figure things out), do consider buying it. It's a few hours of fun that's brilliantly crafted to be both smart and accessible.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1419 on: 23 Aug 2020, 19:10 »

I finally finished the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Adventure Mode: World of Light. I made more progress in the past few days while looking after my newborn daughter than I did when I first got the game.  It's nice to go back and beat all of the Spirits I was having trouble with in the beginning.

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #1420 on: 23 Aug 2020, 21:13 »

I jumped on the battle royale train a few years back and never really disembarked. I've mostly been playing Apex Legends (season 6 release last week) with a bit of Hyper Scape (major balance issues, but has potential) mixed in. I looked back at some of the older pages in this subforum and saw that Apex was getting a lot of hate for its disastrous bugs. For me, it's been running smooth consistently except for the occasional isolated server crash, and EA hasn't tried to make it pay-to-win or pay-to-play. Hyper Scape is on the brink of disaster; none of the weapons are balanced and it's infested with glitches.

I've been playing some Dauntless lately as well. It's a hunting game with not much storyline to it. You probably don't want to play it unless you're willing to invest a lot of time grinding out resources, but I personally enjoy it.

TLDR: Apex Legends is polished and smooth; Hyper Scape is too early to have real fun with; Dauntless is either a really good time or incredibly tedious, depending on your idea of a fun game.
Beware the Gnabberwock, my son!

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1421 on: 24 Sep 2020, 07:55 »

Been having a blast playing "Among Us". Reminds me of the games of Mafia we used to play on the forum.

Actually, Among Us has seen such a surge in popularity in the last couple of weeks that yesterday the developers announced they've cancelled the sequel so that they can improve the original game.

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #1422 on: 30 Sep 2020, 10:00 »

I do notice that although I have clocked in 400+ hours in the game, I have only ever finished a campaign 4 times (including this one). I can't be the only one that plays a campaign for 100 turns before wanting to play another faction because it got too easy or needed a flavor swap, right? Its like "turn 100 ADD" or something. I think there is a technical term for it (not ADD of course) but I forget what it was called.

A little bit late, but I know that feeling very much. It seems to hit in the 100-150 turn window for me. I think it's exacerbated in the TWarhammer games because there's so much difference between the faction mechanics. But I don't know if I'd call it ADD-esque to feel boredom in the mid/late game because they haven't found a way to make it where that stretch isn't pure tedium.
Quis pater tibi est?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1423 on: 30 Sep 2020, 18:45 »

I've been playing "Conan Exiles" and other than Fallout 4, this is really my first survival game (I don't really count FO4 since that part is optional). Its pretty fun. It's set in the Hyborian Age of Conan the Barbarian. You create a character and start the game nailed to a cross and then Conan wanders by, cuts you down and leaves. You start out naked (I am playing with nudity on so I am being literal). You then gather plants, sticks, and stone to fashion clothes, tools and weapons. You fight hostile animals, monsters, and people as you collect materials to build a base, craft weapons, armor, and items, and capture other exiles, tie them to the wheel of pain (like in the Conan movie) until Stockholm syndrome sets in and they become your "thrall." Depending on their specialty they can either fight along your side (fighters, archers, bearers), assist in crafting and processing materials (blacksmith, armor-smith, carpenter, alchemist, tanner, etc), or sit in your base giving buffs (dancers, entertainers, priests). You also can tame animals. You essentially build a castle (or town or city) brick by brick (kind of like mine craft) and make yourself king or queen of your own little kingdom you build from the ground up. There's also world bosses, dungeons, purges (like the movie The Purge), undead armies, etc. Basically your own little part of the Hyborian Age to use as a sandbox. I am playing solo, but you can play co-op with friends or on an MMO like server where you can build armies and defend castles with other players from other armies of players. You can even summon gods to show up and assist in attacking or defending your base (Kaiju style). There a ton of videos online of people building amazing castles, palaces, towns, etc and its pretty neat.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1424 on: 12 Oct 2020, 08:10 »

Is there a game that exists where you have to manage a state/province/city? I don't mean a build sim, but like a governor sim where you have to make decisions, balance public opinion, ensure you meet your quotas and keep your overlord happy type thing. Perhaps avoiding some political intrigue and careful to make sure your political allies/advisors don't back stab you. The closest thing I can think of is "Long Live the Queen" but that's more "choose your own adventure" style visual novel than managing a state/province/city.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #1425 on: 12 Oct 2020, 08:15 »

Have you played Democracy? (I think the most recent version is Democracy 3, but it's been a long time since I've played it, so there may be new versions since I last played it). It sounds like what you're looking for. You decide policies, deal with political intrigue, etc. I can't seem to play it without getting assassinated, though.

edit -- just looked it up and there is a Democracy 4 -- released last week.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2020, 09:21 by cesium133 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1426 on: 03 Nov 2020, 20:17 »

Been playing Conan Exiles for awhile and I set up a new base, got it populated with artisans and guards. Started building my own Pantheon building as a Shrine to Mitra, but then the devs released a patch that changed how everything works. Now there are new artisan benches that are required to make the materials that I could make fine (and fast) before. The required mats have changed and now I have to march to the other side of the map to farm them, Artisans work differently now. Its just so different and I feel like my fun in the game has been shot. I'm taking a break from it for now. I may log in to do a dungeon or two, but the fun of the game is lost on me now.
 :venonat:

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1427 on: 04 Nov 2020, 05:46 »

At the insistence of pretty much everyone I got Hades and, 3 runs in, I love it

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #1428 on: 14 Nov 2020, 12:51 »

Minecraft (of course) and Soul Calibur 6
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #1429 on: 14 Nov 2020, 22:49 »

Been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. While not quite as good as Odyssey thus far, I am still enjoying it. And it's cool to have a story featuring my own heritage. Getting to play viking shieldmaiden is really cool. I'm still very new to videogames, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I am having fun with it.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #1430 on: 14 Nov 2020, 23:50 »

One of my friends just started a new Minecraft Realm. I decided one of my goals was going to be to collect as many music discs as possible. In forty-eight hours, I've accumulated twenty-one (twenty-three total, eleven unique).

In addition to Minecraft, I also bounce around between team-based shooters--Apex Legends, Titanfall 2, Overwatch, etc.
Beware the Gnabberwock, my son!

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1431 on: 15 Nov 2020, 07:41 »

I'm still very new to videogames, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I am having fun with it.

The former doesn't matter that much, just the latter. That's all that should matter. Glad to hear you're having fun.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #1432 on: 15 Nov 2020, 14:26 »

Been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. While not quite as good as Odyssey thus far, I am still enjoying it. And it's cool to have a story featuring my own heritage. Getting to play viking shieldmaiden is really cool. I'm still very new to videogames, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but I am having fun with it.

I have found this to be of enormous benefit in modern gaming.

Not being too plugged into the industry means that you can join a franchise at the latest game, and even if it's the worst instalment, that one can still feel fresh and fun. I've found this enormously beneficial myself being a relatively unseasoned gamer - I love Fallout New Vegas, but I know that it and 3 can be quite unpopular among people who played the original games; by the same token, I loathe Fallout 4, but people I know who joined the franchise with it like it a lot more. And playing one CoD game apiece in the two main continuities - Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops 1, back in 2010 or so before I'd have much bigger objections to playing them than just them being mainstream - meant that I got to have fun with them for what they offered and never need to play any of the others again...

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1433 on: 23 Nov 2020, 18:51 »

I played some more Warhammer Total War 2 and this time I played "The Beastmen." Their faction consists of goat and ram like people that hate civilization just as much as they hate humans. In story they are the brutal tribes from the deep dark forests that emerge, razing and pillaging anything resembling civilization. Unlike other factions in the game that try to paint the map their color, The Beastmen's play-style\goal is burn everything down. To remove the color from the map. They operate in rampaging hordes that can sneak around the map, ambush enemy armies, and teleport short distances. They are meant to be literal Baah-barians pounding at the gates. Because of this unique play-style, they are considered very difficult to play since you largely only have one or two armies and if they die its game over. Especially in Legendary mode which acts like an "Ironman" mode like most other games where there are no previous saves to go back to if you make a grave mistake.

I played the campaign once a long time ago but didn't really understand their mechanics so never played them again until recently. I watched a youtuber explain their mechanics and then gave it a try myself. I was able to beat the campaign! And to reiterate how tough it is, only 0.6% have ever beaten it and 0.3% have ever beaten it on the highest difficulty and I knocked out both!  It was a fun campaign and their unique play style was a nice change of pace from other factions.  Its like playing a stealth character campaign. It was probably the most fun I've had in a campaign in awhile.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #1434 on: 23 Nov 2020, 21:09 »

Yeah, if I remember correctly, going back to when they wanted each faction to have their own identity on the tabletop, when it came to the Beastmen, the designers took inspiration from the Germanic tribes of the Roman era. They were meant to feel like a massed ambush - as ordered columns marched through the forest, silence would descend, replaced with brays and horns in the distance, before suddenly braying herds of Gors and Ungors would burst through the treeline, followed by minotaurs and trolls that hungered for flesh. They were meant to be the epitome of the idea of the monster army that kept on the move. Good to see that Total War kept that brief.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1435 on: 29 Jan 2021, 00:09 »

Just started a new game of Stellaris. For my aliens, I chose the Roman naming theme. My first emperor got a nifty randomly generated name

(click to show/hide)

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #1436 on: 29 Jan 2021, 08:00 »

I've been meaning to start a new game of Stellaris, but can't justify the timesuck that it is. But, I'm going to be spending two weeks in quarantine in February...

Also, is Emperor Naughtius Maximus married to Scientist Incontinentia Buttocks?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1437 on: 29 Jan 2021, 10:17 »

I picked up a mod so I can have Mass Effect Human Alliance ships and it breathed some new life in it, along with TTS's paid Stellaris video where Characters from TTS play Stellaris:

Since then I've put Stellaris back into rotation along with Conan Exiles, where I am picking up building my Pantheon Palace again. Its slow going but I nearly finished the foundations. I'm worried I am too near an exile camp with it though and may need to build a tower or gets some guards to kill them whenever they spawn.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1438 on: 29 Jan 2021, 18:42 »

NIMBY Rails. A rail-laying passenger train management game where you get to lay out your network on top of a full, real-world map. Kind of like how the new MS Flight simulator uses a real-world model, this one uses a simplified version of Open Street Map as its basis. Created by a single dev working out of Barcelona.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1134710/NIMBY_Rails/ (In the discussion page, the dev has a roadmap thread)

Just came out a few days ago, and very early access, so still lots of elements to add. Enough interesting game play already for me, but the biggest thing to be aware of in the current iteration is that infrastructure is so expensive that after you've spent your initial fund, it can take a VERY long time to earn enough money to expand further. There is a no-cost mode, however, if you just want to build the rail network of your dreams.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Gyrre

« Reply #1439 on: 30 Jan 2021, 09:23 »

Finally picked up Sonic Mania. It's pretty fun!
a real-ass gaddam sword

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1440 on: 31 Jan 2021, 05:56 »

I've been on a puzzle game binge, including Baba Is You (which has totally defeated me), A Monster's Expedition (which I completed, not including the bonus puzzles) and because I still hadn't had my fill, I went back to Hexcells Infinite because someone informed me its random puzzles can be set to 'hard' now, which makes them FAR more interesting. I haven't played any Hexcells in at least a year, but it feels like I was making the same leaps of logic yesterday!
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Gyrre

« Reply #1441 on: 31 Jan 2021, 15:08 »

I've been on a puzzle game binge, including Baba Is You (which has totally defeated me), A Monster's Expedition (which I completed, not including the bonus puzzles) and because I still hadn't had my fill, I went back to Hexcells Infinite because someone informed me its random puzzles can be set to 'hard' now, which makes them FAR more interesting. I haven't played any Hexcells in at least a year, but it feels like I was making the same leaps of logic yesterday!

Have you played ilomilo yet?
a real-ass gaddam sword

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1442 on: 31 Jan 2021, 21:47 »

I know it seems dumb, but after months of work, the foundations for my Pantheon Palace in Conan Exiles is done. Now I can actually build the stupid thing. You can see some of my guards standing on a nearby platform for scale.  The reason it took so long is foundation squares and triangles take a lot of processed resources coupled with me only able to play at night for an hour or two. Walls, columns and ceilings are like 1/3 the amount of resources than a foundation so it should pick up now.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1443 on: 01 Feb 2021, 19:07 »

Have you played ilomilo yet?

I have not, but I don't really play mobile games, so no surprise there.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #1444 on: 02 Feb 2021, 01:20 »

I've been thinking about Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask recently. I might just break out my 3DS and play it, I don't think I even cleared the first temple on it.
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2021, 18:35 by Blue Kitty »

Gyrre

« Reply #1445 on: 02 Feb 2021, 05:45 »

I know it seems dumb, but after months of work, the foundations for my Pantheon Palace in Conan Exiles is done. Now I can actually build the stupid thing. You can see some of my guards standing on a nearby platform for scale.  The reason it took so long is foundation squares and triangles take a lot of processed resources coupled with me only able to play at night for an hour or two. Walls, columns and ceilings are like 1/3 the amount of resources than a foundation so it should pick up now.

So it definitely didn't have anything to do with a random green tile or references to Isaac Newton's early dynamics?

a real-ass gaddam sword

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1446 on: 09 Feb 2021, 22:15 »

Really making some good progress on the Pantheon.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #1447 on: 10 Feb 2021, 21:53 »

I am nearly done making the structure. I was able to fit 3 different shrines to 3 different gods in it. There is a proximity limit to how close opposing shrines can be. I was surprised I was able to get 3 in there (Set, Mitra, and Ymir). Just need to finish the roof and then decorate and furnish the rest of it.

oddtail

« Reply #1448 on: 11 Feb 2021, 02:32 »

"For the King" is free on Epic Store this week. It always flew under my radar, which is weird, because it tickles all my buttons (how's THAT for a mixed metaphor?).

I've started playing it, and imperceptibly I've stopped playing anything else. And I think that'll remain true for days to come at least.

It's amazing, and the devil is in the details. In case you don't know, it's a roguelike tactical RPG with a lot of map exploration, jRPG-style combat but with slightly more depth, stat-based characters (where you attack and otherwise interact with the world via dice rolls for those stats), and cutesy low-poly 3D graphics.

The game is great in a way I can't quite describe. It's just extremely solid in execution. Every element works well with every other one. Nothing is out of place or overcomplicated or added just for the heck of it.

In its genre, it's a definite winner, so play it if you're into that kind of games. Especially since it's, y'know, free.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1449 on: 11 Feb 2021, 16:02 »

I got For The King what seems like years ago via a Twitch Prime giveaway but I never played it. The combination of the generic name, generic art style and generic description made me pass over it every time, but with that recommendation, maybe I'll actually give it a shot.

But for now, I'm playing Bullets Per Minute. It's bloody hard and bloody good. I haven't had this much fun with a FPS since Black Mesa!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up